• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

A Nervous Hello

#1 User is offline   rrtycoon2 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57262

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:14 PM

Well, first off, hello to anyone kind enough to read this topic. I'm usually quite hesitant to introduce myself (be it online or in person); however, considering my love for anime, and how much I enjoyed my time at the convention this year, I figured it was only proper that I should say something.

Regarding myself, my first real exposure to anime occurred back in the early 90s with a little programming block called "Japanimation" (I guess the programmers felt that "Anime" didn't have a nice enough ring to it), with Robot Carnival being the first actual anime I watched, along with Wicked City, Barefoot Gen, and Vampire Hunter D (all censored, naturally...although seeing an imp's hand melt into a pixilated chest was both confusing and funny at the time). For the years that followed, I had to make due with the heavily Americanized episodes of Sailor Moon (which wasn’t exactly a bad thing for a young teenager...*ahem*), and eventually the short lived midnight airings of anime movies on Sci-Fi...which quickly became the noon airings of anime movies right after MST3K (again, not a bad thing for an adolescent). My VHS recordings of Project A-Ko and Galaxy Express 999 held me over until the most recent boom (and sadly again, relative bust) of anime on TV. Mercifully, I have a fairly diverse collection of DVDs to hold me over through this current drought, and hope for another big boom in anime in America soon.

Anyway, thanks again to anyone who read through that little mess of mine. Oh, and anyone who saw a pudgy mid-twenty-something guy in a red T-shirt either getting his poor sister lost, quietly eating a pizza with a fork, or uncharacteristically singing along with a large group of people watching the Rock Band 2 rendition of "Carry On Wayward Son"...that was, I'm sorry to say, me.

Next year, I'll definitely wear something more appropriate...perhaps a secondary color, or even brown or grey (if I'm bold enough).
"Just because I'm older than you, heavier than you, and have less hair on my head than you doesn't mean I'm some cranky old guy who thinks he knows more about life than you (even if I actually do)"
"I'm like an elephant: big, bald, and easily scared away by things that come near me"

#2 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

*waves*

DING DONG HI THERE WANNA BUY SUM COOKIEZ?

;3 Hi.
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#3 User is offline   TaesarraZerah 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57301

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Hey there :D I'm a newbie here but I'm loving it here so far! Hope you come to love the forums too.
I think I may have spotted you on saturday, but I'm not entirely sure so I'll just keep my mouth shut here XD
HAVE SOME CAKE -offers-

#4 User is offline   rrtycoon2 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57262

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

Wow, little more than an hour after referring to myself as pudgy and already I have offers of cookies and cake...way to target a guy's weakness...not that I mind too much.

Then again, I'm missing the point here...I have replies! Seriously, though, thanks for making me feel a bit better about posting here.

Also, yeah, Saturday was when I attended the con, so there's at least a 1/10 chance the guy in red you saw was me.
"Just because I'm older than you, heavier than you, and have less hair on my head than you doesn't mean I'm some cranky old guy who thinks he knows more about life than you (even if I actually do)"
"I'm like an elephant: big, bald, and easily scared away by things that come near me"

#5 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

Welcome you~
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users