• This topic is locked

Argh! I Forgot My Survey So here are my comments

#1 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

Basically, I had a great experience this year! It was really easy to get set up on Friday and the staff was super friendly. I am definitely looking forward to next year. :thumbup:

My only suggestion would be to think of a slightly different table layout. My partner got lost trying to roam through all of the tables, and I had a couple of people (for whatever reason--maybe because I had an end table?) ask me where a certain table was or complain that they had gotten lost.
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKuliƩ in the artist alley!

#2 User is offline   Ladre 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 34032

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

View PostViz_K Prince, on May 16 2010, 11:44 PM, said:

Basically, I had a great experience this year! It was really easy to get set up on Friday and the staff was super friendly. I am definitely looking forward to next year. :thumbup:

My only suggestion would be to think of a slightly different table layout. My partner got lost trying to roam through all of the tables, and I had a couple of people (for whatever reason--maybe because I had an end table?) ask me where a certain table was or complain that they had gotten lost.

I agree about the layout. Even I got a little lost a couple of times on my way in from outside, or back from the bathroom. That one long island of tables (#109-134 on the map) blocked access to the other 4 islands (#139-205) for a lot of people, because it was between them and the main walkway (that goes through the hall from registration to the AA/art show and into the Dealers Area). I had to walk all the way around that island to get to/from my table a couple of times and if that frustrated me I'm sure it confused some potential customers too. My table was on the walkway in the middle of those 4 blocked islands (#158), and half the time I noticed that that area was totally devoid of customers while the side of the long island on the main walkway had plenty of people. My suggestion is to just remove that island and extend the 4 other islands to the walkway. Maybe add an extra exit in the middle of each in case they become too long. That will make the layout less complicated and it will prevent some islands from blocking others, and provide more ways for customers to access the middle of that section, as well as the row of tables against the back wall (#1-20).

Otherwise everything was great! I was nervous about ACen cause I've never been before and I traveled a long distance to get there. Thanks to the staff for helping to make it worth the trouble! :thumbup:

This post has been edited by Ladre: 17 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

#3 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

Thank you for the feedback! Glad everything went so smoothly, and the AA/EH staff will review the layout issues for next year.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#4 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the large aisles AA has had these past couple years. They're practically decadent. :)

I would like to suggest aisle labels for next year. The International Gem and Jewelery Show (called "shiny con" by my friends), the con that was running next to Acen at the top of the stairs, uses large hanging labels in two or 3 locations over each aisle. Shiny con packs a very, very large amount of largely identical booths in their space, but the aisle labels go a long way towards making navigation possible.

Every time I left my AA table this year, I got disoriented. I think some kind of highly visible labels would help.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users