• This topic is locked

Open And Close Time I ask for your reasoning

#1 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

Greetings Acen staff. I was just wondering why door do not open until 10 AM. Why not sooner?
In addition, I was wondering why doors close on Sunday at 4 PM. Why not later?
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#2 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

Most of it has to do with the venue. Because the table, chairs, booths and such are setup by the con center itself and not by us, we have to wait for it all to be completed before we can get in and setup ACen specific stuff. They usually finish by about 8:30am Thursday, so it takes time to setup all of our stuff.

Likewise, we close at 4pm on Sunday because it takes time to clean up. The venue has to be empty in the Concenter by Monday morning, or I would imagine ACen is billed for another day (similar to how if you don't check out of your hotel room by their time, you could get billed for another night)

That and the dealers and Artists (for some of them, at least) have a long drive ahead of them. If everything closed at once, instead of at 8, and some Dealers had to leave by 4 to make the drive/flight home, that wouldn't be very nice.
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#3 User is offline   JediNight 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 6971

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:36 AM

Dealers are people too! :) 10am-6:30pm ... that means they are working 8.5hrs largely without a break. Also, the convention center itself is only open until like 7-8pm or so. It closes at 4pm on Sunday, because many dealers have a long trip home, and honestly most attendees are packed up and ready to head home by 2-3pm anyways as well.

And as mentioned -- everything needs to be out of the convention center by the end of the night or Acen could be billed extra. They're Union workers -- they love bills ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users