Anime Central Forums: Friday.... - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Friday.... ...and why I'm coming in on Thursdays from now on.

#1 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

So! For anyone who was at the Black Cat photoshoot on Friday, you may or may not have noticed that I wasn't there. I know there was a Saya there, but that wasn't me. I was on a train at 5:30.

Basically, Thursday I got a call on Thursday from Amtrak, saying that a car on my train (that was supposed to leave at 12:00 and get in at 3:20) had gotten damaged, and they had to move around, like 50 people. There was a train that would be coming in at 1:00 that normally didn't pick up passengers but was going to make an exception in this case because of the situation. It didn't come in until 3:30. I got to the con at, like...7:00-7:30 T~T

Anyone else have a craptastic time getting to the convention? Heck, was anyone else supposed to take the same train as me?
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#2 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

I looked around for you since I was at the GITS photoshoot. Didn't see you at all. It all makes sense now.

This post has been edited by nouseforaname: 16 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#3 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

View PostKaay-chan, on May 16 2010, 10:16 PM, said:

Anyone else have a craptastic time getting to the convention?

I had to make one heck of a U-turn to get onto a highway to head north, mostly by going west to go north.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#4 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18485

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:03 PM

I screwed up and got off of 294 onto 290 instead of 190. It was fun getting back. to 294 so I could go back north again due to road construction. I hate toll roads, and OMG northern IN has craptastic roads!
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

I need a girlfriend.... No, really.

#5 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

Nope, but I had to take a train back home & it was a pain. The staff was rude to me & wedge my heavy bag up & over my head. I was too short to get it down my self. It took 4 of us to get it down & that was using my umbrella to reach it. Plus we got delayed because of drunk cubs fans causing problems on the head car. Then I had to wait for an hour at the train station before I realized where the cabs parked. It was not a pleasant trip home.
Currently writing a book.

#6 User is offline   kahad 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:14 PM

While my trip to the con wasn't that bad, it was still something of an adventure.

Yay for 6 - 7 hours long train rides.
K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#7 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:24 PM

I had to sit in traffic for a pretty long time on the way in on Thursday morning, on the interchange from I-88 west to I-294N. >.<
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#8 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

I got myself and wrexness lost on the way there for about 20 minutes on Thursday... which is bad considering I live 10 minutes from the Convention center.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#9 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

Getting through, thats just the nasty chicago traffic, the dan ryan has drivers that are worse then the michigan drivers and crazy as the romans that weave in and out of traffic in italy, but they drive aware much more so then the americans I have seen even on race tracks.

its chaos when they wont let you in to get off at your exit by ohare and they just keep going even though you try to cut in with your turn signal on.

I had a 3 and 3/4 hour car ride saturday to indiana. so it was long and boring.

signed Jeremy

#10 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:37 AM

View PostTaiyakiZero, on May 17 2010, 08:27 PM, said:

I got myself and wrexness lost on the way there for about 20 minutes on Thursday... which is bad considering I live 10 minutes from the Convention center.

Yes you did, forgetful moe~
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#11 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

Nope! We used our brains this year and left at like 10 AM on Thursday. I've always left on Thursday, though.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#12 User is offline   latane4 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9200

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

The Ride through Chicago was horrible!!! I live in the south suburbs. Especially since I had to drive through there in the morning to check in...drive out to my school for class a night class and then drive back out there again. It sucked.

#13 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

You weren't lying when you said we'd hear about it on the forums later.

Kaay-chan is a woman of her word.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#14 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

View PostKii, on May 18 2010, 10:59 PM, said:

You weren't lying when you said we'd hear about it on the forums later.

Kaay-chan is a woman of her word.

;D

well, part of it was, I wanted to make sure that the people from my shoot knew why I wasn't there. It was my first time organizing something like that and I basically spent the 4 hours I was in the train station waiting for the train (my friends and I got there at 11:00 because we weren't entirely sure what was going on at that point) worrying about it, and then part of the train ride trying to contact a friend of mine that I knew for a fact planned on going to the shoot. Of course, I had been dumb and hadn't gotten her number off of facebook before leaving and then, when I finally got in contact with a friend who actually had her number, for whatever reason it didn't work (I think I may have been given the wrong number, or something...=/)

Basically, if it hadn't been for the fact that I got to see my parents for, like, a nanosecond when they picked my friends and I up at the train station and took us to the hotel, my running into a Chronos Train when I was going to pick up my program and stuff, and then Lina's cake and me talking to you guys, there would have been absolutely no good points to Friday. >.<
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

-Sidney Sheldon

#15 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:55 AM

View PostKaay-chan, on May 18 2010, 11:08 PM, said:

Basically, if it hadn't been for the fact that I got to see my parents for, like, a nanosecond when they picked my friends and I up at the train station and took us to the hotel, my running into a Chronos Train when I was going to pick up my program and stuff, and then Lina's cake and me talking to you guys, there would have been absolutely no good points to Friday. >.<

Was nice to meet you even if you seemed a bit flustered and in need of more cake.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#16 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

View PostKii, on May 19 2010, 01:55 AM, said:

Was nice to meet you even if you seemed a bit flustered and in need of more cake.

^.^;;; sorry about that. On top of my whole train situation, there was the fact that I hadn't heard the lady from Giordanos properly when she told me that the guy dropping off the pizza was going to be across the street from the revolving doors, so I'd spent some time calling and trying to figure out where the pizza was. It basically involved me being passed from one operator to another, and each one asked me the same questions and then asked me to hold on for just one moment. <_< Finally, I figured out how to ask the right questions, and my friend and I finally got our pizza. She took it up to our room and was waiting for me while I got cake; she's who the other slice of cake was more. Tack on top of all that the fact that, until that point, all I had to eat that day was a bagel, banana and some pretzels, and...well....yeah. >.<;;; bad day.

-Sidney Sheldon

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users