ヘタリア。。。axis Powers Hetalia 2011! It Goes Around the World

#451 User is offline   Emi-chi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 18896

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:06 AM

View PostSirArthurKirkland, on 24 May 2011 - 07:21 PM, said:

Can you make the pictures public please? *doesn't have facebook :/*

Are mine viewable? I'll go mess with the settings on my friends, but I thought mine were super public :( If not I'll upload to photobucket or something for you <3

#452 User is offline   LoveLetters 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 59638

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

View PostEmi-chi, on 27 May 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

Are mine viewable? I'll go mess with the settings on my friends, but I thought mine were super public :( If not I'll upload to photobucket or something for you <3

I'm not quite sure...but when I click on the link it says 'unavailable'. Oh but you dont have to put it on photobucket if its too much trouble! <:3 I just wanted to see if you caught a picture of me xD
**The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them**ACen 2013 (Hopefully...Graduation is in the way..) England: %100 completed, Halloween2010!England %0, 2P!England %1, Chibirisu %0, Jeanne de Arc %0, Yukio %0, Ciel Phantomhive %0
Main dA boi, dA Advice Account, Youchube Account
Babe, you mean more to me than you can ever know.

#453 User is offline   Shirtless Axel 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19319

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

Hi. I know you are all happily ignoring me right now, but let me just make one more thing clear--

At ONE of the Hetalia gatherings, an attendant was grabbed, then tackled, then had their PERSONAL PROPERTY STOLEN, and had to get their parent to come and help them get it back. I want to make it clear that treating another person this way is NOT OKAY. It don't CARE if you THINK it's "in character," or that you're doing it in the name of COSPLAY. This is absolute and complete bullshit. Yes, for some photos, we ask you to pack it in, but you shouldn't just grab people willy-nilly. This person was NOT comfortable, and it's not just because they didn't WANT to be touched, but that being touched was PHYSICALLY UNCOMFORTABLE to them due to a sensory disorder. You might say "there's no way we could have known," but that's the point. YOU DON'T KNOW. So assume that the person does NOT want you to tackle them to the ground and mug them. Now, I have a hard time imagining this happened under my nose at the Saturday shoot, where people generally seemed good natured despite the large group, and made a point to try to get people's lost property back to them, but it was big, so if it did happen on Saturday, know that I am INCREDIBLY disturbed by this fact. In fact, I'm just incredibly disturbed by this in general.

Some of you (not necessarily the yous in this thread, more likely the yous NOT in this thread, but here's hoping I reach some idiot out there) REALLY need to get in touch with reality. Sure, cosplaying is fun, because you can look and embody the mood of the character. But in this fandom, it's important to recognize that before you start "conquering the vitals of" or "start a war with" any other cosplayer, you remember that they are a PERSON. A PERSON. A HUMAN BEING. We are not characters, we are not immune to being injured or hurt or upset. And not everyone who cosplays is a method cosplayer who embodies that character's mannerisms and behaviors. These people have just as much of a RIGHT to cosplay as anyone else. They do not deserve to be attacked for being "out of character," and they do not deserve to be attacked because YOU are being "in character."

So if it was you who attacked this person, then seriously, STOP. APOLOGIZE. And think about what you've done to others. You are not only damaging the already considerably mangled reputation of Hetalia fans, but of cosplayers in general.

If it wasn't you who attacked this person, please keep aware of this anyway. No matter which gathering this happened at, there were others standing around nearby, and they didn't help. This cosplayer had to get her father to come and rescue her. Standing around and watching someone get knocked over and their cell phone stolen, and having to cry for their parent before they get assistance is just as bad as standing in a subway and watching a man get beaten up by a gang and his wallet stolen. THINK about it.

This post has been edited by Shirtless Axel: 27 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

[size=1][center][b]
+[ ACen 2008 :: SMBB Yoshi || ACen 2009 :: Axel || ACen 2010 :: Sebastian Michaels || ACen 2011 :: Seto Kaiba || ACen 2012 :: Gary Oak ]+

+[ ACen 2013 :: Vilkas: Wolf Armor ]+

>>myCosplay.com page, deviantArt page
>>questions? Comments? Lonely? Email Missing Piece Cosplay Productions

#454 User is offline   AkaneD 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59940

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

View PostShirtless Axel, on 27 May 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

Hi. I know you are all happily ignoring me right now, but let me just make one more thing clear--

At ONE of the Hetalia gatherings, an attendant was grabbed, then tackled, then had their PERSONAL PROPERTY STOLEN, and had to get their parent to come and help them get it back. I want to make it clear that treating another person this way is NOT OKAY. It don't CARE if you THINK it's "in character," or that you're doing it in the name of COSPLAY. This is absolute and complete bullshit. Yes, for some photos, we ask you to pack it in, but you shouldn't just grab people willy-nilly. This person was NOT comfortable, and it's not just because they didn't WANT to be touched, but that being touched was PHYSICALLY UNCOMFORTABLE to them due to a sensory disorder. You might say "there's no way we could have known," but that's the point. YOU DON'T KNOW. So assume that the person does NOT want you to tackle them to the ground and mug them. Now, I have a hard time imagining this happened under my nose at the Saturday shoot, where people generally seemed good natured despite the large group, and made a point to try to get people's lost property back to them, but it was big, so if it did happen on Saturday, know that I am INCREDIBLY disturbed by this fact. In fact, I'm just incredibly disturbed by this in general.

Some of you (not necessarily the yous in this thread, more likely the yous NOT in this thread, but here's hoping I reach some idiot out there) REALLY need to get in touch with reality. Sure, cosplaying is fun, because you can look and embody the mood of the character. But in this fandom, it's important to recognize that before you start "conquering the vitals of" or "start a war with" any other cosplayer, you remember that they are a PERSON. A PERSON. A HUMAN BEING. We are not characters, we are not immune to being injured or hurt or upset. And not everyone who cosplays is a method cosplayer who embodies that character's mannerisms and behaviors. These people have just as much of a RIGHT to cosplay as anyone else. They do not deserve to be attacked for being "out of character," and they do not deserve to be attacked because YOU are being "in character."

So if it was you who attacked this person, then seriously, STOP. APOLOGIZE. And think about what you've done to others. You are not only damaging the already considerably mangled reputation of Hetalia fans, but of cosplayers in general.

If it wasn't you who attacked this person, please keep aware of this anyway. No matter which gathering this happened at, there were others standing around nearby, and they didn't help. This cosplayer had to get her father to come and rescue her. Standing around and watching someone get knocked over and their cell phone stolen, and having to cry for their parent before they get assistance is just as bad as standing in a subway and watching a man get beaten up by a gang and his wallet stolen. THINK about it.

Wow...I never would have thought this had happened. I did attend both gatherings on Friday and Saturday, though couldn't attend the panel on Sunday, and I've never seen this happening. But allow me to say something kind of regarding this: I was almost kicked in the head for having different shipping views. Yes, this involved Hetalia.

Now, I love Hetalia. I find shipping wars lulzy if it wasn't serious. However, my HEAD is VITALLY IMPORTANT to lose just because I ship a different pairing. It's making me re-think cosplaying Hetalia in big cons. Which sucks, because I met a lot of nice people in gatherings and such because of APH, but if this is how it's going to be, I'm going to have to think about it. :/

This post has been edited by AkaneD: 27 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

#455 User is offline   Shirtless Axel 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19319

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

View PostAkaneD, on 27 May 2011 - 09:05 PM, said:

Wow...I never would have thought this had happened. I did attend both gatherings on Friday and Saturday, though couldn't attend the panel on Sunday, and I've never seen this happening. But allow me to say something kind of regarding this: I was almost kicked in the head for having different shipping views. Yes, this involved Hetalia.

Now, I love Hetalia. I find shipping wars lulzy if it wasn't serious. However, my HEAD is VITALLY IMPORTANT to lose just because I ship a different pairing. It's making me re-think cosplaying Hetalia in big cons. Which sucks, because I met a lot of nice people in gatherings and such because of APH, but if this is how it's going to be, I'm going to have to think about it. :/

I'm so sorry that that happened to you. D: Yes, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Are these people seriously SO OBLIVIOUS that they just don't even realize the real-world implications of their actions? They are the reason why cosplayers and fans alike get so much crap with the outside world, and get called childish and detached. Because these people ARE detached from the real world!

>>@ Dumbasses who keep doing this crap:

Tackling people? Molesting people? Kicking people in the head? SERIOUSLY? Sorry if some of you feel attacked, but you have to realize, this is seriously just not acceptable behavior for ANY age group in ANY social situation. Period. You can all go complain about how I'm a huge manpart and am scolding you, but I don't care. If you act like violent children, you deserve to be scolded. Grow. Up. I know that going to conventions is a way to have fun without having to worry about being judged or being called childish, but your idea of "having fun" shouldn't be INJURING OTHERS OVER FANDOMS OR ROLEPLAYING. OR ANYTHING ELSE. PERIOD.

Seriously. These actions would be ILLEGAL anywhere else. What makes you think they're okay at a convention?

This post has been edited by Shirtless Axel: 28 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

[size=1][center][b]
+[ ACen 2008 :: SMBB Yoshi || ACen 2009 :: Axel || ACen 2010 :: Sebastian Michaels || ACen 2011 :: Seto Kaiba || ACen 2012 :: Gary Oak ]+

+[ ACen 2013 :: Vilkas: Wolf Armor ]+

>>myCosplay.com page, deviantArt page
>>questions? Comments? Lonely? Email Missing Piece Cosplay Productions

#456 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:11 AM

Bravo for this ^.

It's a sad fact that a lot of cosplayers think that having fun means causing other people and other groups trouble. Case in point the DMC shoot was over run by Kingdom Hearts who thought it would be amusing to run in and be man parts and cause some trouble. I'm not sure what the point was, but jeeze. I worry that acts like this are why anime fans in general kind of don't want to assoicate with cosplayers in some cases. Which is really really sad.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#457 User is offline   wenchman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60533

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:01 AM

View PostShirtless Axel, on 27 May 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

Thank you very much for this post. You have an excellent point, this behaviour is absolutely unacceptable. I can't believe the fans have the nerve to do this kind of thing.
Fandoms:
Kill la Kill / Psycho-Pass / Evangelion / Steins;Gate

Upcoming Cosplays:
ACen 2014; Nudisto Jakuzure Nonon / Asuka Langely Soryuu / Panty Anarchy

#458 User is offline   Skogkatt 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59762

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

Thank you...thank you so much. ^^ I really appreciate it.
ACen 2011: Norway[Hetalia], casual!Prussia[Hetalia], child!Third Doctor[Doctor Who]

vFuture ideas
gijinka!K-9[Doctor Who]60%, gijinka!Intelligence Core[Portal]40%, normal!Jade[Homestuck]50%, Duelist Kingdom!Bakura[YuGiOh]5%, student!Evangeline[Negima!?]50%, Lieutenant!Aizen[Bleach]30%

I'm open for costume-designing commissions!

#459 User is offline   MisakiMise 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 32365

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

Do any of you know who this England is? click.
ACen 2014 ideas
?????

deviantART|Flickr

#460 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

I'm collecting stories from this gathering mostly. I can't make any promises now, but I am definitely taking this thread to the staff feedback this Saturday to bring forth proposed suggestions for safety at the meetups. (I did request IRT to be there on Saturday morning, so I'm not sure what the heck entirely happened..) Everything that happened is not even remotely acceptable under any circumstance. If you guys have any concerns for safety, please let me know by Friday.

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users