• This topic is locked

Embassy Suites Fire

#31 User is offline   Neonraver247 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 9839

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one distressed by the fact that you can't hear the alarms in the rooms. We were up on the 8th floor having a grand old time when the conversation lulled and I heard some thumping and shouting. My friend and I get up, look out the door and are like, "uhh...". I can't believe its legal to not have alarms in the rooms. If we had been asleep or even just in the back bedroom we never would've heard it at all. Kinda scary when you think about it.

-_- and yeah, my friends were the ones who started that Marco Polo crap. Sorry.
ACEN 2010:
Friday: Lolita w/ dolls in tow
Saturday: Vergil (DMC)
Sunday: Idk... Vergil or lolita. Whichever one I feel is less work lol.

#32 User is offline   Inuyasha_kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 20562

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:58 PM

I was right in the middle of my 'Plus sized cosplay" panel when this happend. At first I saw the lights flicker.. I didn't think anything at that point.. and then a moment later we saw smoke coming out of the back of the room from the ceiling. And thats when the alarm went off. I grabbed my stuff and headed out to wh...ear everyone else was in front of the convention and started recording what was going on. I should have it up sometime tomorrow. There were a few people around me and we started talking and getting contact info.

http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?aid=...13&upload=1

I'll have video up later
"Humans are more arrogant and greedy, then any other living creature, and I am part human to, which is why I refuse to give up. On top of that...when a human has someone he has to protect, his power grows exponentially...I have what it takes to destroy you...all thanks to my human mother!!"

#33 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:00 AM

I made a video.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#34 User is offline   Aizen_sama 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 57905

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

We had the same problem with our room, we had a few friends out of the hotel getting food. When they got the alarm started going off in the lobby and stairs but none are in the rooms.
I think the suites is going to be having a serious fire code inspections here soon.

If we hadn't got a call from our friends, we would have been in our room the whole time, couldn't even smell it until you went into the main area.
Always up for conversation about anime's, so send me a Pm anytime, or a message on Facebook.
X-Box Gamertag- Killerray287

2010 Cosplay- TYL Yamamoto Takeshi (KHR) 100%
2011 Cosplay- Itachi Uchiha 100%
2012 Cosplay- Up in the Air

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users