Anime Central Forums: Noob! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Noob! Just a late hello for the last minute forum readers ;)

#1 User is offline   wiirenet 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 48116

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:52 AM

I've sort of introduced myself in random posts, but I don't post much.

This will be my first Acen, but I've been to a couple cons (SOE Fan Faire, Leaky Con (HP), Geek Kon, DucKon, I kind of count ren faires in the same category too hehe)

I've seen some anime, I adore Death Note (Ryuuuuk! I hope I see a cosplay of him!) Serial Experiments Lain, Hellsing, uh name is blanking out- the one about the girl that blows people up.. says mew a lot, had amnesia i think, lol I cant remember anymore) Parts of Samurai Champloo and .hack. So I'm not COMPLETELY igorant, but I kind of am haha. I will prob try to sit in on some panels/events even if they are about something I have never heard of just to get a feel for it.

I love the con atmosphere & costumes so that is the reason I'm really going, and am open minded to anime.

I'll be wearing a Shilo from repo the genetic opera outfit on friday (black petticoat, white ruffled shirt, black vest) and a femme-Knave of Hearts from the new alice in wonderland (red/black striped sleeves, black heart eyepatch, eye scars, corset "armor," big boots)

I'm really open to meeting and talking with people. I'm going with a bunch of guys and they are much more into gaming events, so I have a feeling I'll be wandering around alone sometimes and seeing a lot of panels alone. So if you somehow see my username/name can't remember what's on my badge.. or recognize my costumes from the descriptions, seriously feel free to say hi, I'm not a girl that gets weirded out by that.

I hope my first acen will be amazing, I'm just worried about getting lost and missing out on epic events >.<

-Annette

#2 User is offline   cannibalannibal 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 56898

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:09 PM

Hope to see you there :3 It'll be my first time at ACEN as well and i'm positive i'll be lost at least once or twice. If i see you around I'll be sure to say Hello~ I'll be meandering about as Craig Tucker from South Park so jsut look for The orange poof-ball lol.
The con atmosphere is the best part. I love it. :]

Upcoming Cons:Soycon 3Geek.kon 2010Summer Cosplays: Tsubaki (Soul Eater)Ritsuka (Loveless)

#3 User is offline   wiirenet 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

View Postcannibalannibal, on May 13 2010, 01:09 PM, said:

Hope to see you there :3 It'll be my first time at ACEN as well and i'm positive i'll be lost at least once or twice. If i see you around I'll be sure to say Hello~ I'll be meandering about as Craig Tucker from South Park so jsut look for The orange poof-ball lol.
The con atmosphere is the best part. I love it. :]

Hi! I watch South Park sometimes but had to google to see who Craig Tucker is >.< And he's wearing blue not orange, do you mean the poof on his hat? Eitherway, it sounds really cute! Never seen SP costumes but I bet they would be really fun. I'll keep an eye out for you!
I'm probably going to focus a lot on the non-anime costumes bc I'm sure anime will be 90% so anything I recognize I will be happy about haha.

#4 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

There's plenty of non-anime costumes at ACen, but it's still a fairly anime oriented convention. We're all friends here though, so don't worry about it.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#5 User is offline   cannibalannibal 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:21 PM

View Postwiirenet, on May 13 2010, 01:15 PM, said:

Hi! I watch South Park sometimes but had to google to see who Craig Tucker is >.< And he's wearing blue not orange, do you mean the poof on his hat? Eitherway, it sounds really cute! Never seen SP costumes but I bet they would be really fun. I'll keep an eye out for you!
I'm probably going to focus a lot on the non-anime costumes bc I'm sure anime will be 90% so anything I recognize I will be happy about haha.

Yup. I meant the poof lol. And i alsomeant yellow....not sure why i typed orange. o.o
It's nice cause it's comfortable :3

Upcoming Cons:Soycon 3Geek.kon 2010Summer Cosplays: Tsubaki (Soul Eater)Ritsuka (Loveless)

#6 User is offline   wiirenet 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:25 PM

Sounds cute, you're not hot in it though?? Can you remind me who Craig is/what he did/what episode? I'm totally blanking out.

Yea, I'm sure everyone is super friendly. I'm still excited to see the anime costumes, I bet they will be amazing, i just won't recognize most of them!

#7 User is offline   cannibalannibal 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

Haha sure it's ok.
He's the kid who likes it boring and flips everyone off all the time :3
I'd say check out the episodes Pandemic and Tweek vs. Craig. It's not exactly a main character so I don't imagine many people would recognize me. xD
And it's a bit warm sometimes but not too bad~

#8 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

Welcome you~ Hope you enjoyed it. >w<
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users