Anime Central Forums: Food Storage Tips And Tricks Needed - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Food Storage Tips And Tricks Needed Advice on storing perishables through the con

#1 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

So, like a lot of people, I planned on bringing all of my food so that's more money in my pocket. My mom suggested using a cooler as a fridge and keeping ice in there at all times. However, the cooler has now mysteriously vanished so that idea is out. ;_; We have a few insulated lunch bags but that didn't seem like a very good idea. Does anyone have any tricks to keep refrigerated items ok?
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#2 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11372

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

View PostTrini, on May 12 2010, 10:28 PM, said:

So, like a lot of people, I planned on bringing all of my food so that's more money in my pocket. My mom suggested using a cooler as a fridge and keeping ice in there at all times. However, the cooler has now mysteriously vanished so that idea is out. ;_; We have a few insulated lunch bags but that didn't seem like a very good idea. Does anyone have any tricks to keep refrigerated items ok?

you can go to jewels or dominicks and get those cheap foam cooler thingies...
it should be good enough to last the weekend... you can get ice from the machines in the hotel...

#3 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18485

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

If you get one of the cheap foam coolers and you have a place that sells dry ice toss a pound or two in there and stick regular ice on top of it. I've transported perishable food in a cooler from Indiana to California like that before.
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

I need a girlfriend.... No, really.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users