Anime Central Forums: On Snap Is This Really Another Relationship Thread? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

On Snap Is This Really Another Relationship Thread? Well not really. Just a survey.

Poll: So the nitty gritty, who has and hasn't (105 member(s) have cast votes)

For the guys and girls

1. I have/had a boyfriend/girlfriend who was into anime/games (guys) (20 votes [16.26%])

Percentage of vote: 16.26%

2. I have/had a boyfriend/girlfriend who was wasn't into anime/gamers (guys) (14 votes [11.38%])

Percentage of vote: 11.38%

3. I have/had both (as in one who is, and one who isn't) (guys) (15 votes [12.20%])

Percentage of vote: 12.20%

4. I never had a relationship. (guys) (12 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

5. I have/had a boyfriend/girlfriend who was into anime/games (ladies) (22 votes [17.89%])

Percentage of vote: 17.89%

6. I have/had a boyfriend/girlfriend who was wasn't into anime/gamers (ladies) (11 votes [8.94%])

Percentage of vote: 8.94%

7. I have/had both (as in one who is, and one who isn't) (ladies) (21 votes [17.07%])

Percentage of vote: 17.07%

8. I never had a relationship. (ladies) (8 votes [6.50%])

Percentage of vote: 6.50%

Vote

#1 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

Ok first and foremost, if you want to complain that this is another relationship thread. Please don't bother posting, or making a sarcastic post or whatnot. For one, I'm not making this thread for hook ups, nor is the goal of this thread to bellyache about it. So don't waste my time, nor yours. Thanks.

Anyways, I've seen alot of posters (well guy posters) post that they never had a girlfriend. And only a slight few from females. So I want to discreetly find out who hasn't and to see if it's about equal (which may surprise people.) Now you can discuss your feelings about it, or if you want to explain a situation, but you don't have to. But you are free to do so.

So let us see, who had what? :D

Okay poll is fixed. Sorry bout that AND it's equal for those who aren't just heterosexual.

Btw if it has (guys) at the end, that mean it's for the guys to anwser and then (ladies for the ladies)

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 11 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#2 User is offline   tweaker 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6642

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

Interesting. I have dated both, and I cannot say one is better than the other. You don't fall in love with someone because of their hobbies or interests.

#3 User is offline   Riceninja 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29648

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

View Posttweaker, on May 11 2010, 08:44 PM, said:

Interesting. I have dated both, and I cannot say one is better than the other. You don't fall in love with someone because of their hobbies or interests.

The poll causes error i had to put in "i have never had a boyfriend" to put in a vote....basically gonna cause a really stupid skew cause of how many men there are on these here forums
You have displeased the chef. Prepare for delicious justice.

#4 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

Crap I gotta fix the poll. It makes it that you HAVE to vote in both. >_<

Also Tweaker, I'm not saying you date someone because of the hobby, I'm simply seeing who has dated which kinda of person.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#5 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:54 PM

I've had a total of 3 girlfriends so far in my life, and all three have been anime fans and gamers alike. Yay for geek girls! 2 of the 3 are younger than me by a couple years, the last one was older than me by 3.

First two were during high school and the 3rd I broke up with just under a year ago after we had been going out for a bit over a year.

My first girlfriend was and still IS a hardcore gamer and a anime fan. She and I are still good friends and talk a lot. She has gone crazy into collecting and playing games, cataloging how long it takes her to play them and all that type of stuff. She was the longest lasting relationship of a few years as we dated. There were periods when our dating was on and off due to fights and the like but we always ended up back together until we realized we both made better friends than a couple. We're still good friends and I believe it is rare to remain friends with any sort of Ex.

My second one was during high school as well, my last year of high school, and she was the younger sister of one of my best female friends. We dated for a couple of months until she broke up with me. It was unexpected but since it had only been a couple of months the break up wasn't too bad. I am still friends with her older sister who is one of my good high school buddies whom I talk too every now and then. We however though facebook friends rarely ever talk.

My third and most recent ( as well as broken up ) ex girlfriend I actually met through a mutual friend and roomed with at Acen 2008. We got to the hyatt and while the others were unloading the van we talked a bit. no sparks flew until after Acen, a couple of weeks later when we were hanging out and her older sister asked if we were going out. We decided to give a relationship a shot and started dating. we dated for over a year until it became apparent she was in it for the long term and I, a young man of 21 years, decided to run. It became evident my future plans didn't include her being with me so I broke off our relationship. We haven't seen or talked to each other since.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#6 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

View PostTaiyakiZero, on May 11 2010, 08:54 PM, said:

I've had a total of 3 girlfriends so far in my life, and all three have been anime fans and gamers alike. Yay for geek girls! 2 of the 3 are younger than me by a couple years, the last one was older than me by 3.

First two were during high school and the 3rd I broke up with just under a year ago after we had been going out for a bit over a year.

My first girlfriend was and still IS a hardcore gamer and a anime fan. She and I are still good friends and talk a lot. She has gone crazy into collecting and playing games, cataloging how long it takes her to play them and all that type of stuff. She was the longest lasting relationship of a few years as we dated. There were periods when our dating was on and off due to fights and the like but we always ended up back together until we realized we both made better friends than a couple. We're still good friends and I believe it is rare to remain friends with any sort of Ex.

My second one was during high school as well, my last year of high school, and she was the younger sister of one of my best female friends. We dated for a couple of months until she broke up with me. It was unexpected but since it had only been a couple of months the break up wasn't too bad. I am still friends with her older sister who is one of my good high school buddies whom I talk too every now and then. We however though facebook friends rarely ever talk.

My third and most recent ( as well as broken up ) ex girlfriend I actually met through a mutual friend and roomed with at Acen 2008. We got to the hyatt and while the others were unloading the van we talked a bit. no sparks flew until after Acen, a couple of weeks later when we were hanging out and her older sister asked if we were going out. We decided to give a relationship a shot and started dating. we dated for over a year until it became apparent she was in it for the long term and I, a young man of 21 years, decided to run. It became evident my future plans didn't include her being with me so I broke off our relationship. We haven't seen or talked to each other since.

Wow, that second one is VERY similar to my case. It was too friendy the entire time. Even to the point where I was feeling feelings for another. :( So we broke up. Funny thing was that I actually asked her to talk (we were at a con) and I was going to break up with her, but she pretty much beat me too it. So it was pretty much a mutual break up. We are still friends, but she is really busy, so we don't talk as much now.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#7 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-VGM_jAzPj8
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#8 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:35 PM

Never been in a relationship. But I do have friends of the opposite sex, they just all moved far away or are in college D:
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#9 User is offline   StarRockerX 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 17705

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

YOU POSTED A RELATIONSHIP POLL/THREAD XENO?!

xD

We're you inspired by my stories?! ://P
A Different Kind of Rockstar
I am a youtuber, anime junkie, pokemon enthusiast, and a normaler :)
Twitter / / Youtube / / Instagram

#10 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

Both types.

What I like about having a bf who is into anime/cosplay is that not only can we exchange ideas on anime to watch/games to play/ construction methods and are able to talk to each other about the same stuff without having to explain the basics every convo, but I also like that his mom doesn't think I'm a complete freak for liking to dress like a "cartoon character".
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#11 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

well i had a bf who wasnt into anime because at the time neither was I
my last bf is the one who got me into anime and such and then i got addicted lol and now im at the point where im not sure if i want to date anyone whos as obsessed with anime cons and what nots i know one of the guys im talking to knew me before the geekdom so im not sure if i want to expose too much of that to him just yet but im breaking him in little by little so far he's not having a problem with it.....so far lol not that i would completely shut someone out whos just as dorky as me i would love to but it just seems those guys aren't for me i dont know we'll see
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#12 User is offline   SeriaDreamer 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 28265

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

I've dated both.

I kind of like dating someone that likes anime and gaming more because I have more things to talk about with that person. Otherwise, it's just like having to explain everything with every conversation and then it just gets boring just being with them. :/

#13 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

Never dated someone who didn't share my interests. I don't think I could.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#14 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:05 AM

Oh snap is this really another relationship thread?

I certaintly hope not!

(;P)

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#15 User is offline   SeriaDreamer 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 28265

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:07 AM

View PostJeff, on May 12 2010, 01:02 AM, said:

Never dated someone who didn't share my interests. I don't think I could.

It's alright. I mean, it's kind of new. We shared some interests, but just not anime and gaming. So like getting to know each other was a little fun ya know? Introducing each other to new things, but it just depends on how open minded the person is other yeah, it gets old.

#16 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:09 AM

It may just be an issue of my own insecurities. I don't think I'd have much to talk about with someone who doesn't like the things I like.

#17 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:10 AM

As for the actual topic, all of my boyfriends have been very, very casually into anime and gaming. I've actually been the bigger gamer and anime person in every relationship, save for the one I'm in now.

Tell you what, though, having those similar interests makes things a lot more fun. We are in a long distance relationship so we frequently pick animes to watch together and it's sort of our bonding time. And he lends me games and I offer to lend him entire consoles, which he never agrees to.

ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#18 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

lol @ Kii here is how that went to me *he lends you games you offer him your console means he gives you the arteries and you give him your heart ^_^ yeah im totally dorky for that one lmao

sure its fun when we have same interest and i prefer to have some but im enjoying being the one to introduce someone with an open mind to the side of me i wasnt even sure anyone other then everyone here can understand and well he's not put off by it at all
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#19 User is offline   Riceninja 

• Pip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:04 AM

I have a harder time developing anything more than a casual relationship with someone that doesn't have a vested interest in gaming. Again I said harder, not impossible. Its just that to be able to talk enough and make a much deeper connection you have to have something to small talk about and if you have to explain each and every term while exposing yourself to someone it automatically creates a barrier that you must overcome.

#20 User is offline   Kyu_sama 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19132

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:45 AM

i had a girlfriend that was way more into anime than me in the past. we couldn't relate much because that was the time when all i knew about was DBZ. now i regret not being as enthusiastic about anime back then as i am now, we wouldve stayed together longer.
ACen 2014 photos: http://www.facebook....20806810&type=1
2014 Fairy Tail shoot: https://www.facebook...85571810&type=1
ACen 2015 Goal: $500 +hotel (progress: $0)
ACen 2015 cosplay: Ultimate spiderman (miles morales), Anbu black ops, Gray Fullbuster (with ice-make arrow), Scorpio (fairy tail)
ACen 2015 cosplay progress: U. Spiderman-99%, Anbu-0%, Gray-0%, Scorpio -0%
Hardcore Synergy + Soap Bubble = awesomeness!

#21 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

View PostLADY SAKURA, on May 12 2010, 01:59 AM, said:

lol @ Kii here is how that went to me *he lends you games you offer him your console means he gives you the arteries and you give him your heart ^_^ yeah im totally dorky for that one lmao

That was cute, Sakura. <3

But the word artery makes me rub myself uncontrolably.
:x

#22 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

::opens mouth slowly::

Ok first and foremost, if you want to complain that this is another relationship thread. Please don't bother posting, or making a sarcastic post or whatnot.

::closes mouth::
d'awww....>'':

half my friends are pretty 'normal' with pretty normal interest like music and movies.
the other half like video games and anime, and i don't care whether a girlfriend falls on either side
as long as we can share interests occasionally. having a girlfriend who likes anime, but only listens
to music in japanese and is really against going to any concert with me ever or watching
any movie or show that isn't animated would be just as frustrating as someone who hates
anime or video games.

i can see how it's a big problem for people super-immersed in the culture who're making cosplays on a
regular basis and all that, but i wonder if bigger problems arise when you date someone who likes
anime but has completely opposing taste to you--dating a bleach fan when you're really into satoshi kon films
or whatever.

finding someone who can engage in a philosophical debate and discuss novels with me, but also doesn't take
themselves too seriously to read comics or watch cartoons is ridiculously tough, but it's what i need. right now
my girlfriend is perfect for just that.

#23 User is offline   mmy-sama 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3465

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:20 PM

Not all girls I've dated where anime fans but they where all /b/tards. And thats bad, very very bad. My life sucks.
Anonymous died for your signs.

#24 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

My boyfriend is perfection.

<<

>>

Just sayin'.

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#25 User is offline   Riceninja 

• Pip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

well my girl friend.,,,,,,

....is in canada.....yeah

#26 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

Get out while you still can.

#27 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

View PostStarRockerX, on May 11 2010, 10:55 PM, said:

YOU POSTED A RELATIONSHIP POLL/THREAD XENO?!

xD

We're you inspired by my stories?! ://P

lol actually no.

it's something I've been debating to post for a bit now.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#28 User is offline   Cosmic 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 35190

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

I have actually never had a boyfriend. It's pretty freaking sucky to say that at 16 D:

#29 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

View PostCosmic, on May 12 2010, 07:58 PM, said:

I have actually never had a boyfriend. It's pretty freaking sucky to say that at 16 D:

I have to be the first one to say this....lol

you are WAY too young to worry about not having a bf yet. Seriously. Wait til you are like 20 something. lol XD (even then it's not bad, but case in point that being 16 is too young.) High school is way more important then finding some guy who you'll probably only date for a few months yknow?
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#30 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

View PostCosmic, on May 12 2010, 07:58 PM, said:

I disagree completely. There are people who are plenty older than you that have never had a significant other. My boyfriend is 25 and I'm his first girlfriend. At least, serious one.

If I could go back in time, I'd wait to start dating a lot later than I did. Be patient.

Xeno beat me to the lol. lol

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users