Anime Central Forums: Ciao! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ciao! late for one party, early for another!

#1 User is offline   Dany 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 56280

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

OK, I'm terrible at these intro things, but I'll try.

Name is as handle is. Can't come this year, but decided to hop into the forum because next year is looking very promising, and so far, it's been fun to lurk and see everything as it unfolds. Look at me, living vicariously through a forum! :clap: Or is it more like :unsure: Overprepared much? Maybe..or maybe not :D

Residence is California...and it's fun over on this side of the country with all of the event options, but I like the idea of getting out of our native state once in a while, and it's been some time since we hopped away from the Sunshine Golden State (buh, I are idiot!) to go to a convention. Plus, I'm a native to the Midwest, and the Chicago area is a place that I have friends in and that I know well. Therefore, it could end up being a mini-vacation for me when all is said and done (though of what time length is still undecided).

My usual at-con activities include dressing up in funny clothes and hanging about with friends who also dress up in funny clothes. I'm usually joined by my hubby in these endeavors, and together we usually get ourselves in all sorts of creative mischief, whether armed with a sewing machine and serger or a Dremel and spray paint.

So...there you go. Simple enough I hope. :) With that said, I'll just stick the timer on to 365 days (ish) and counting and then...wait! :)

This post has been edited by Dany: 13 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

There are 2011 plans. They are percolating like a cup of coffee. Stay tuned....

#2 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

Well throughout acen the forums are pretty much dead so wait till after the con and the forums EXPLODE. People post links to their photo galleries and you can get a taste of what acen will be like. ^.^

I've never been to Cali but I really do hope that one day I can go out there for cons. =3

Welcome and enjoy!

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#3 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

Welcome you~
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#4 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

Isn't Florida the Sunshine State?

I loved California when I went there in 2007. My dad's gonna be going there to cover the Hawks-Sharks games.

It's unfortunate that you can't go this year, but I'm glad you can go next year! It will be a blast like every year! =3

Welcome welcome to the forums! =D

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#5 User is offline   Dany 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on May 11 2010, 02:58 PM, said:

Well throughout acen the forums are pretty much dead so wait till after the con and the forums EXPLODE. People post links to their photo galleries and you can get a taste of what acen will be like. ^.^

That was one of my lines of thinking, between photo posts and general post-convention threads I'll have plenty of exposure to what goes on. I'm already feeling very lucky with logistics...direct flights are available, my best friend lives in Chicago proper so I can send her stuff that I can't take on the plane...things are looking promising!

I'm still getting used to the whole "forum exclusive to the convention" thing. I normally haunt Cosplay.com for info because events I've gone to don't usually have their own boards. But then when I started prepping for Fanime, I figured out it had its own forum. That's when I realized "um...that's where all the REAL info is happening!" I am thinking by the time stuff starts to move for next year, I'll be fully-acquainted with how the board works and where to find the more common-newbie information.

I've never been to Cali but I really do hope that one day I can go out there for cons. =3

I can say with pride that you would have plenty of options to choose from all over the state. ;D I personally would like to get to AX one year...I keep saying "next year maybe" but in the last few years, if I wasn't already planning to do another event that was too close (SDCC/DragonCon), I was in the middle of real life things (wedding!). I have to put my foot down on myself sometime!

Welcome and enjoy!

Thank you! :D

#6 User is offline   Dany 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

View PostLina, on May 11 2010, 06:42 PM, said:

[color="blue"]Isn't Florida the Sunshine State?

I loved California when I went there in 2007. My dad's gonna be going there to cover the Hawks-Sharks games.

Yes, it is. My bad! I admit I'm fighting with a bit of something that is either cold or allergies, so I swapped in "Golden" accordingly. I even fixed my initial post and left my shame behind in a strikethrough :blush:

So funny.. I'm surrounded by Sharks fans, but the only thing I've gone to see game-wise are the Golden State Warriors. I'm not a big basketball fan overall, but I do like to watch them play!

It's unfortunate that you can't go this year, but I'm glad you can go next year! It will be a blast like every year! =3

Maybe if it was a little later in the year, but I think it'll be better for us if we wait, as it gives me plenty of time to complete several new outfits, and -maybe- repair/rebuild one that I kind of miss wearing. Plus, I know my dear Hubby has a few things he'd like to do as well!

Welcome welcome to the forums! =D

Thank you!

View Postwrexness, on May 11 2010, 03:19 PM, said:

Welcome you~

Thank you! :D

#7 User is offline   Haggisstew 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 36322
  • Location:If the torso next to my name is in color, I'm at a computer.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

Rammu yht fammlusa Yay Pirates!
Planed cosplays for ACen are 1= Simon Petrikov (Adventure Time), 2= Johnny (FFVII), MCPO Karen Joshua (08th MS Team), Soun Tendo (Ranma 1/2)

#8 User is offline   Dany 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

View PostHaggisstew, on May 12 2010, 09:21 PM, said:

Rammu yht fammlusa Yay Pirates!

Yay indeed! :) I guess my icon wasn't exactly subtle huh? XD Emeraldas is my second most recently completed costume..my newest one is Miime. XD I don't have any photos of her yet though..maybe after Fanime!

Hubby and I are particularly fond of Matsumoto's stuff...I blame him for a few ideas I have on my to-do list!

#9 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hopefully you can make it out next year.

Just remember, you aren't too late for this year, but prepared early for next year!
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#10 User is offline   Dany 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on May 13 2010, 09:47 AM, said:

Hopefully you can make it out next year.

Just remember, you aren't too late for this year, but prepared early for next year!

I'm very prepared to be prepared, if that makes any sense! XD For me, it's really just a matter of getting a good flight deal. That's usually the first step for these long distance trips. Flight, then reg, then hotel. Once those magic three things come into play, then it's ON baby! :D

And by "ON", I mean I then have to figure out how to creatively pack up a mess of costumes. :ph34r:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users