• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hey! I know it's a little late...

#1 User is offline   ryan xvx 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 56249

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

Alright. I know it's ridiculously close to the convention.. but I hadn't done one of these yet and thought that I might just put this out there.

I'm Ryan, your average 21 year old kid.. who happens to be vegan and straight edge. If you don't know what these are, feel free to ask me. =]
I'm mostly socially inept, but I do try every to make friends every once in a while. This is probably caused by my incredible cynicism and sarcastic personality. I think it goes without saying that I'm a huge anime and manga fan as I am attending Acen for my second year. I didn't really get into conventions until I was 19, never really had anyone to go with.. haha.
My hobbies include biking, cooking, art in any form(I took multiple years of every art course I could during high school), self-studying Japanese and Japanese culture, dabbling in special fx makeup, reading books, activism, and my cats.. I have two cats, a mancoon named Zombie, and a typical house cat named Flesh Eater.

Oh.. I guess I should mention my huge love of zombie movies, er, well.. zombies in general. I have a huge zombie movie collection that could easily rival any Disney collection. I also collect horror films, but that collection isn't anywhere near the size of my zombie movie collection.

I guess that's it for now, I'm always open for new friends and meeting true individuals. Uh.. thanks for looking. =]
Vegan Straight Edge.

#2 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

Welcome you~
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#3 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

I think we'll get along just fine Ryan. Seeing as my brothers name is Ryan and I've had a lot of friends named Ryan it only seems inevitable.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#4 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

Welcome and you need to post pics (links in this case) of your flesh eating kitties! ^.^ Zombie lore is so interesting. I really love all (most) of the old to the new zombie movies and books about them as well. World War Z was a fantastic book. Just recently my dad told me he was getting into a bunch of zombie movies! Weird huh!? I think its awesome! It was so random because I was talking to him over the phone *he lives in MN* and he just randomly started dling zombie movies on the computer and watched them. It was even more weird that he mentioned Tokyo Zombie! LOL I knew my dad was wierd, but that made my day.

You do special fx makeup? Thats pretty awesome too! I've always wanted to be a 'victim' (volunteer) and covered in moulage to help the training of those in the medical field. My fiances uncle and his daughter did that and I totally am up for it next time there is a call for 'victims' ^.^

So what are your fav series?

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#5 User is offline   ryan xvx 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 56249

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:56 AM

View Postwrexness, on May 9 2010, 10:18 PM, said:

Welcome you~

Thanks! =]

View PostKirbyFanOne, on May 9 2010, 11:08 PM, said:

I think we'll get along just fine Ryan. Seeing as my brothers name is Ryan and I've had a lot of friends named Ryan it only seems inevitable.

Haha.. Ryan's a pretty common name. My nephew is named Rylan, me and my sister joke that she just added an "L" into the middle of my name to get it. But we were terrible siblings.. soo that's probably not true. >.<

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on May 9 2010, 11:22 PM, said:

Welcome and you need to post pics (links in this case) of your flesh eating kitties! ^.^ Zombie lore is so interesting. I really love all (most) of the old to the new zombie movies and books about them as well. World War Z was a fantastic book. Just recently my dad told me he was getting into a bunch of zombie movies! Weird huh!? I think its awesome! It was so random because I was talking to him over the phone *he lives in MN* and he just randomly started dling zombie movies on the computer and watched them. It was even more weird that he mentioned Tokyo Zombie! LOL I knew my dad was weird, but that made my day.

You do special fx makeup? That's pretty awesome too! I've always wanted to be a 'victim' (volunteer) and covered in moulage to help the training of those in the medical field. My fiances uncle and his daughter did that and I totally am up for it next time there is a call for 'victims' ^.^

So what are your fav series?
Sounds like you have an awesome dad!! haha.
Flesh Eater on the Left, Zombie on the Right
These are my cats, they pretty much rule my life.

If you would like to be dressed up as a zombie and can do a little basic acting, I am hosting a panel at Ikasucon this year hopefully. Instead of focusing on survival I think I would like to go more into the reasoning and scientific theories that back the possibility of a zombie apocalypse. I'm thinking about using someone as a way to show the audience the anatomical differences between us and them, and their ability to sustain injuries. This may involve being poked with a stick or something.. But if you're interested you can PM me and we could work something out.

Also.. favorite series ooof? Zombie Movies? Romero's original trilogy of course, with the addition of the 1990 remake of "Night of the Living Dead" directed by makeup fx master Tom Savini. I have many foreign zombie movies that I'm also in love with.. like Stacy, Junk, and Tokyo Zombie.
As for Anime, I'd have to say Toradora within the last year or so. And Manga.. a series called Mysterious Girlfriend X ties with Franken Fran.
Vegan Straight Edge.

#6 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

View Postryan xvx, on May 10 2010, 07:56 AM, said:

Sounds like you have an awesome dad!! haha.
Flesh Eater on the Left, Zombie on the Right
These are my cats, they pretty much rule my life.

If you would like to be dressed up as a zombie and can do a little basic acting, I am hosting a panel at Ikasucon this year hopefully. Instead of focusing on survival I think I would like to go more into the reasoning and scientific theories that back the possibility of a zombie apocalypse. I'm thinking about using someone as a way to show the audience the anatomical differences between us and them, and their ability to sustain injuries. This may involve being poked with a stick or something.. But if you're interested you can PM me and we could work something out.

Also.. favorite series ooof? Zombie Movies? Romero's original trilogy of course, with the addition of the 1990 remake of "Night of the Living Dead" directed by makeup fx master Tom Savini. I have many foreign zombie movies that I'm also in love with.. like Stacy, Junk, and Tokyo Zombie.
As for Anime, I'd have to say Toradora within the last year or so. And Manga.. a series called Mysterious Girlfriend X ties with Franken Fran.

D'awww. Your cats look cuddly.

If I had the money to go to another con I'd definitely go! I'll have to look up when and where it is. lol Acen has been my only con for now 8 years. Crazy huh? But if it so happens that I can go, I'll send you a PM. ^.^

I havent seen Stacy or Junk. I'll have to look those up too. Fido is an interesting one lol I want my own pet zombie

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#7 User is offline   Riceninja 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29648

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:29 PM

Mysterious Girlfriend X is amazing

...So is mirai nikki
You have displeased the chef. Prepare for delicious justice.

#8 User is offline   Haggisstew 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 36322
  • Location:If the torso next to my name is in color, I'm at a computer.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

Rammu yht fammlusa Ihcahd Man.
Planed cosplays for ACen are 1= Simon Petrikov (Adventure Time), 2= Johnny (FFVII), MCPO Karen Joshua (08th MS Team), Soun Tendo (Ranma 1/2)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users