Anime Central Forums: Con-goers Coming With Small Children Meetup... - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Con-goers Coming With Small Children Meetup... any takers?

#1 User is offline   Gurgle Foo 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 11072

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

Hello, I've been going to Acen for about 6 years. This year however will be my first Acen as a mommy! Now, I've seen people with kids in the past, but being new to parenthood and the whole 'bringing your child to cons' thing I thought I would try to start a meetup for con-goers coming with children. I think it would be fun to have a meetup and maybe hangout at the con!

Now my son is 11 months old, but I'm not against meeting up with parents of children who are a few years older, I'm just looking to meet some new friends!

#2 User is offline   LittleJezzie 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17165

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

View PostGurgle Foo, on May 4 2010, 02:00 AM, said:

Hello, I've been going to Acen for about 6 years. This year however will be my first Acen as a mommy! Now, I've seen people with kids in the past, but being new to parenthood and the whole 'bringing your child to cons' thing I thought I would try to start a meetup for con-goers coming with children. I think it would be fun to have a meetup and maybe hangout at the con!

Now my son is 11 months old, but I'm not against meeting up with parents of children who are a few years older, I'm just looking to meet some new friends!

I think it's a good idea! I would definitely be interested in such a thing NEXT year. :) I'll be 8 months pregnant at ACEN this year, but hoped to bring the little monster with us next year at least for one day. I hope you find some interested people to meet up this year, though. :)
Ooops.

#3 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

There is actually a childrens programming section of the con if you didnt know about it! =3
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#4 User is offline   Gurgle Foo 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on May 4 2010, 06:48 PM, said:

There is actually a childrens programming section of the con if you didnt know about it! =3

I knew about the children's programming from previous years, but its usualy geared towards older children and not infants or toddlers. Plus, it seems that this years schedule for the children's programming hasn't been issued yet ... I've been checking the forums and the site like crazy and I keep getting told it'll be up soon, but it looks like it might not be up until the last minute.

Thanks for the idea tho!

#5 User is offline   Gurgle Foo 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

View PostLittleJezzie, on May 4 2010, 02:56 PM, said:

I think it's a good idea! I would definitely be interested in such a thing NEXT year. :) I'll be 8 months pregnant at ACEN this year, but hoped to bring the little monster with us next year at least for one day. I hope you find some interested people to meet up this year, though. :)

Awes, I had to skip Acen last year because it was it was a week away from my due date and my doctor was scared it might be too 'stressful', but I felt more stressed about not being able to go. lol. I wish you loads of fun with your upcoming baby ... and I hope to see your there!

#6 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Be careful Pedobear doesn't show up
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users