Anime Central Forums: After Waiting 2 Months This Is What I Get!? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

After Waiting 2 Months This Is What I Get!?

#1 User is offline   NekoNeNe 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 30113

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:06 PM

No way. Today I was going on my ebay account to check the number for the person I purchased my cosplay from only to get a big fat "THIS USER IS NOT REGISTERED WITH EBAY ANY LONGER" In my face. My heart literally sank. Has anyone ever had this issue THIS CLOSE TO THE CON!? or a situation similar,lets hear em. blow off the rage!
It's only a few more weeks till the big weekend :)

This video just radiates my excitement (It's me)
http://www.youtube.c...4&feature=email

#2 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

This has never happened to me, but I feel your pain. Just from previous stories I have heard, by any chance was that user registered in China?
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#3 User is offline   Harajuku 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29795

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

o.O Wow... That's something I'd take up with Ebay, maybe they can get you a refund. But man that really blows, what Cosplay was it gonna be of?
-~- Cosplay -~-
-~- Human Death Knight Tier 10 ( World of Warcraft ) / 95% complete -~-
-~- Arthas lies supine, the shattered remnants of Frostmourne beside him. He starts as the ghost of Terenas Menethil materializes over him, and the characteristic blue glow dissipates from his eyes. As Terenas kneels next to him, Arthas places a hand on his father's chest.
Arthas Menethil: Father! Is it... over?
Terenas lays a comforting hand on Arthas' gauntlet.
Terenas Menethil II: At long last. No king rules forever, my son.
Arthas Menethil: I see... only darkness... before... me...
Arthas' eyes roll back into his head and he dies, his hand falling to the ground. Terenas closes his son's eyes and gently lays him on the ground as Tirion walks in.
Terenas Menethil II: Without its master's command, the restless Scourge will become an even greater threat to this world.
Terenas stands, facing Tirion.
Terenas Menethil II: Control must be maintained. There must always be a Lich King. -~-

#4 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

they can either get your money back or get your cosplay, unfortunatly it probably wont be there by acen though
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#5 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hopefully you paid through paypal hon because that is the only way you would be able to get your money back. *hugs*

And being this close to the con...;__; You could try amphigory or cosworx. They could do rush delivery.

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#6 User is offline   NekoNeNe 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 30113

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

It was a chii cosplay dress and it was coming from Hong Kong. Blah. they had like 9000 items sold and 100% positive review. :/ And yes, It was through paypal and I bet I can take legal action or something. Theft and all :P. I actually found a homemade replica of the dress that has prettier touches by the creator and they do rush 5 day shipping. Moneys not the issue,time is. But yeah,oh well :<. Gotta reorder basically everything (ears,dress,tights,and shoes) because the shoes I got were way to high,the dress originally ordered supposedly included the ears,and the tights I bought were way to big. Oh well..:( Yay for express shipping?
It's only a few more weeks till the big weekend :)

This video just radiates my excitement (It's me)
http://www.youtube.c...4&feature=email

#7 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

I had that happen twice with a figure I ordered. Same figure, just 2 seperate sellers. Why Mikuru, why must you be cursed TT_TT

Thankfully I got my money back both times.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#8 User is offline   Harajuku 

• Pip

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

I'd say next time order it from a reputable cosplay website, like mooncostumes.com or cosplaymagic.com, though I'm personally a fan of building them yourself. If you can follow patterns and know how to stitch/use sewing machines, you can work wonders and make some good quality costumes. But I wouldn't trust Ebay for something like that, it seems like people are getting scammed more and more these days... Especially anything from china. They'll take your money and run before you know what happened.
-~- Cosplay -~-
-~- Arthas lies supine, the shattered remnants of Frostmourne beside him. He starts as the ghost of Terenas Menethil materializes over him, and the characteristic blue glow dissipates from his eyes. As Terenas kneels next to him, Arthas places a hand on his father's chest.
Arthas' eyes roll back into his head and he dies, his hand falling to the ground. Terenas closes his son's eyes and gently lays him on the ground as Tirion walks in.
Terenas Menethil II: Without its master's command, the restless Scourge will become an even greater threat to this world.
Terenas Menethil II: Control must be maintained. There must always be a Lich King. -~-

#9 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

Not saying anything offensive here, but of all the ebay horror stories I hear, a majority of them come from Hong Kong area.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#10 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

honestdragonchina is a good reputable ebay store, i ordered my Loz costume from them and it only took a few weeks to get here and then animeshop777is another good one, i ordered 3 organization 13 coats from them, the first one i screwed up my measurements and the other two were for me and a friend, course he paid me for his
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#11 User is offline   Harajuku 

• Pip

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on May 2 2010, 08:22 PM, said:

Not saying anything offensive here, but of all the ebay horror stories I hear, a majority of them come from Hong Kong area.

Well yeah. China has probably the most crap-tastic economies, they make low-quality copies of brand-names, bootleg, and scam people to make money. Even in video games [ ahem, world of warcraft >_> ], there are 'gold farmers' constantly sending tells and yelling in local areas to buy gold from their websites. I wouldn't trust anything that came out of China... I bought a Gackt cd years and years ago from hong kong and it was a terrible bootleg... Cost me like 40 bucks too.
-~- Cosplay -~-

#12 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

A friend of mine buys a lot of stuff from China (mostly jewelry). She's been faced with the "no longer registered" problem a number of times, but in all cases she has been refunded by Paypal. If eBay removes the seller, and you used Paypal, they will cover it. She has actually gotten both a refund and (eventually) the merchandise. Interestingly enough almost every time she encounters a cancelled seller and she gets the merchandise anyway, there is NO return address on the package. (eBay pretty much told her to keep it.) You'd think the Chinese postal people (or even US Customs) would require a return addy, but no. "Mainland" has had more problems than Hong Kong.

I've even had some high rep sellers disappear on me as well. US based too. Not always a case of deceit. In one case I think the seller died.
This space intentionally left blank.

#13 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:13 PM

View PostTiamat97, on May 2 2010, 08:25 PM, said:

honestdragonchina is a good reputable ebay store, i ordered my Loz costume from them and it only took a few weeks to get here and then animeshop777is another good one, i ordered 3 organization 13 coats from them, the first one i screwed up my measurements and the other two were for me and a friend, course he paid me for his

Except that they(honestdragonchina) use the crappiest cheapest quality of fabric. I would NOT use them. My friend did and the outfit was just so poorly made. Better than what someone with no exp whatsoever could do, but not something I'd pay for.

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#14 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

Aw, that stinks that they ripped you off, but I'm glad you managed to find a replacement!

Some friends of mine have told me that they're having issues with their wigs being shipped due to the airspace around the volcano. (Good think I ordered a a while ago and got my wig a few weeks back) Anyone else being hindered because of the volcano?
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#15 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:40 AM

eh it happens
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#16 User is offline   Aiko☆Noble 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 22845

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 12 July 2011 - 08:40 AM, said:

eh it happens

Teko did you look at when this thread was made? XDDD
ACen '12
Gamzee Makara (Homestuck)
Prospit!Gamzee (Homestuck)
God Tier!John (Homestuck)

#17 User is offline   kitsune red 

• ADA Compliance
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 36791

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

I do realize the problem was posted before the con. However here are so good guidelines to follow when dealing with ebay sellers. Always check the feedback. If the seller is too new or the deal seams too good to be true, it may be. When I say check the feedback I do not mean look at the numbers. I mean read the comments made by buyers. Positive as well as negative. Any seller below 99.5% be very careful. Many sellers in China started selling at very low prices and charging very, very high shipping cost. One must pay with paypal, If you do not have your item in 30 days turn to paypal & customer service with items not received complains. after 45 day It is a lost cause. And do leave feedback. Do Not Be Unwilling to leave Negative Feedback if it is needed. I wish you success in the future.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users