A Weird Wish ladies only, cuz I don't think guys can relate xD

#91 User is offline   chamgirl89 

• Tentacle Glomper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10098

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

View PostPikachii, on 14 April 2011 - 10:15 PM, said:

I never know when I will get mine. I have progestogen only pills (due to headaches and nausea from too much estrogen) that don't really regulate when I get mine. I am looking in to getting Mirena (the IUD) so then I don't have to worry for 5 years ^-^ I am going to pack tampons just in case. I hope everything works out for you! (Uh, what is your plan if you don't mind my asking)?

My plan is that my May flow will come at the end of this month (it did that for my April one, came on the last day of March. In other words, I want it to come early again.)
Tekosexual

cosplay plans for '14- Friday: Battle City Mai Valentine (Yugioh), gijinka Tentacool (Pokemon). Saturday: Casual Mamoru (Sailor Moon), Gracia Hughes (original FMA), Lady Bow (Paper Mario), Fluttershy (MLP: Friendship is Magic)

add me on Facebook!

#92 User is offline   Kaia Hatsune 

• Forum's Little Pony
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59449

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:37 AM

omg, i hope i have it the week before! I had the bad luck of having it the day right after ACen, but I still get pretty moody during ACen because of it >_<

This year i can't afford to have it during ACen!!! I JUST CAN'T.
My Yoko cosplay won't allow it.....
*SUPER NERVOUS*
ACen 2015
Arcade Sona(LoL)- 95% [fixing]
Hibki Tachibana(Symphogear)- 0%
My Cosplay.com

#93 User is offline   Pikachii 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59683

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Kaia! You will be fine! ^-^ Just if the unfortunate does happen, and you have it while being Yoko bring some midol (or something of the like) and plenty of tampons! Oh and store the tampons in your plush bag you made!!!

Chamgirl Oh well I hope that works ^-^" I thought maybe you were trying to get your eggo preggo >.>"
^-^

#94 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

Kaia: You know you can know when you are going to have it unless you take birth control. It's usually 5-7 days before your last one. If you take the pill or the shot it messes up the whole thing. (From experience.)

I have been timing it for a long time so that's how I figured it out >_> It makes sense, in my case, since it happened in feb near the end of the month, and march near the 20th or so and this month it was around 14-15. So in May it's going to be before Acen for me. Like 9-10 or so.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#95 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 53583

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

Right now I'm on NuvaRing for this reason exactly. Last year I was on my period and it was a pain (and I wasnt even cosplaying!) and if I track it I'm due for it this year too. Over the last few months I've been skipping periods with it, by skipping my week off by changing it right away. Its completely safe (Its shown that you dont need to have a period every month) and its nice because I dont have to worry about unfortunate incidents. Now, you can get what they call break through bleeding during the first couple of months. It was very minor for me, no more than a few drops.
I understand you can do the same thing with most pills, but I dont know from experience. Its just an idea I thought I'd throw out there. Its working well for me.

There is also the possibility of making it come early, though its not as much of a sure thing. I have done it once by taking a bunch of Vitamin C for about 3 days. There are other things you can take too, Parsley Tea and Garlic being 2 of the options. Theres also some herbs that are less "normal", dong quai and Black Cohosh are two, according to my friend they work better. It should be said though that there's some question on how safe they are.

(My friend is into all this natural herb remedy stuff. My information comes from her.)

View PostPikachii, on 14 April 2011 - 10:15 PM, said:

I never know when I will get mine. I have progestogen only pills (due to headaches and nausea from too much estrogen) that don't really regulate when I get mine. I am looking in to getting Mirena (the IUD) so then I don't have to worry for 5 years ^-^ I am going to pack tampons just in case. I hope everything works out for you! (Uh, what is your plan if you don't mind my asking)?

I had an IUD and I just want to say, it can be extremely painful. Before I got mine I never really suffered from cramps. When I got it though that all changed. I had severe cramps and lots of spotting inbetween periods. At first I thought something was wrong, but my doctor assured me it was placed right and the symptoms should go away soon. They didnt, and after about 2 years I had enough and had it taken out. Since then my cramps have gone away.

This post has been edited by KungPowKirby: 16 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

No Soap = No Waifu Winner of the 2015 "Got Soap" slogan contest. ;)

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#96 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

Wondering how do you use the ring? I attempted to try this but the doctor nor the nurse wasn't helpful. It didn't come with how to instructions when I got it and I didn't really know about it because nobody used it in my family before. Do you just stick it in like a tampon? How do you take it out when you have to reapply it? It's confusing.

The shot and sometimes the pill you still spot but the shot isn't recommended for long term use because of bone density loss and other issues. Also the shot can make you bi-polar depending on the person.

I can't take the pill myself because of doubling up. I can barely remember to take my Multis for my anemia so how am I going to remember this?

and no I don't have sex lol. The last time I did it was with my ex bf months ago.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#97 User is offline   Pikachii 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

I have cramps already.. so I hope if I do get it they don't get worse... I would just be upset.
^-^

#98 User is offline   Kaia Hatsune 

• Forum's Little Pony
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59449

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

View PostPikachii, on 16 April 2011 - 11:26 AM, said:

Kaia! You will be fine! ^-^ Just if the unfortunate does happen, and you have it while being Yoko bring some midol (or something of the like) and plenty of tampons! Oh and store the tampons in your plush bag you made!!!

Chamgirl Oh well I hope that works ^-^" I thought maybe you were trying to get your eggo preggo >.>"

Yeah, i probably will do that...though Sadly...I never made the plushie bag and I don't know if I will be making it because of the lack of time. Though, I will figure out something! XD

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 16 April 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

Kaia: You know you can know when you are going to have it unless you take birth control. It's usually 5-7 days before your last one. If you take the pill or the shot it messes up the whole thing. (From experience.)

I have been timing it for a long time so that's how I figured it out >_> It makes sense, in my case, since it happened in feb near the end of the month, and march near the 20th or so and this month it was around 14-15. So in May it's going to be before Acen for me. Like 9-10 or so.

Yeah, i tried to make an estimate of when it can occurred if my period continues on like this, it should happen the week before ACen.
I'm not taking any birth control so i'm gonna just hope everything works on for the best for me XD
ACen 2015
Arcade Sona(LoL)- 95% [fixing]
Hibki Tachibana(Symphogear)- 0%
My Cosplay.com

#99 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

The ring can seem confusing but its not bad at all, trust me. When I put it in I use a tampon inserter thingy (applicator?). Don't use the "lite" size though, it gets stuck. I just slightly pinch the ring and put it about 3/4ths the way into it. Then you just insert it like a tampon. You can also just use your fingers, but its harder that way. It will naturally end up where its supposed to be, so don't worry if it moves up and down. I've never had mine come out unless I wanted it to. When its time to switch just take it out with your fingers (It'll just need a small tug. Its just like taking out a tampon minus the string) and either leave it out for a week or put the new one in. Does that help at all?

"If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership."- Queen Amidala; Star Wars: Phantom Menace

#100 User is offline   delial 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59936

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

I worry about this every year! Last year I only came Saturday and I was also SICK -___- but I think that's the only time since '05 that I've gotten it durning acen weekend. I get horrible horrible cramps, nausea, lethargy, the whole shebang. This year I'm a little weary because I think I will be getting it around the 20s. The pills and tampons are my only weapons D= My only hope is that it will go off-schedule, I get it irregularly like that.

Birth control sounds both nice and scary at the same time for me >.<
Uso Mitai na I Love You

#101 User is offline   Pikachii 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

Delial, just talk to your doctor or a nurse practitioner about your options with birth control. It doesn't have to be scary and depending upon what method you chose it can help regulate your period. ^-^
^-^

#102 User is offline   delial 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

I dont have insurance ._. but thanks for the tip! One day...when I get a *real* job that provides some for me...(long story).
Uso Mitai na I Love You

#103 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

View Postdelial, on 17 April 2011 - 04:24 PM, said:

I dont have insurance ._. but thanks for the tip! One day...when I get a *real* job that provides some for me...(long story).

If you live in chicago you can get medicard. You don't need kids for that but a lot of patience. Especially if you are an adult.

FYI you can only use tampons after sex and if your hymen is further up/broken because of other methods. If you use tampons before you have sex you could break you hymen.

I think I am the only one that uses pads because of the Toxic shock thing fear.

Kirby: Thanks; when I got the ring the first time I didn't get an insertion thing XD Just the ring. I was like wtf....*facepalm*
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#104 User is offline   delial 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

I am in a limbo where I'm planning on moving to Texas, and so on, so it's just a matter of time before I'm back in school (college) and with a good job. I have no patience for the Cook County service =/

I use tampons just fine :) Didn't mean to sound like I'm weary of them, just birth control because...that's a natural cycle of your body's hormones you're disrupting *strange opinion* >.> lol Although I do use pads to sleep because....urgh....~.~
Uso Mitai na I Love You

#105 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

Since I started freaking 3 days early on Saturday last year, I'm not even going to bother relying on my timing even though I'm scheduled to start after ACen. =___= I don't know what it is about this con that my body just refuses to stay on track.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#106 User is offline   delial 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

I actually write down and keep track of when I get it, and I notice that sometimes it overlaps, getting it twice in the same month and...it makes it weird, because by the next month its off again...once you're a little older its *supposed* to "get on track"....pfff I doubt mine ever will o.O and I'm already "a little older"
Uso Mitai na I Love You

#107 User is offline   Kokoro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19175

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

I'm on Seasonale, so I can induce or put off my period if necessary, although it's not something you want to goof around with. I don't think I have to mess around with it, though - I'll have to check my pill pack. I don't know when I'm supposed to get my period. :lol:
Rawr. ♥

#108 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

It is not a GOOD IDEA to use tampons when you sleep :/

Manly because you cannot change them and anything after five-six hours is bad.

But tampons are many times better than pads, which are annoying for protection. Although if you are heavy it's not a good idea to just use tampons.

I have to use Heavy->wing->or overnights.

huh talking about periods really really casually lol
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#109 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

Man... I just counted out on the calendar and mine's supposed to start the Saturday/Sunday of ACen. :( I might need to pack some chocolate or something. Maybe maybe maybe it will come Sunday afternoon. Like, when ACen is more or less already over.
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#110 User is offline   LC Asuka 

• Main Events ADH
  • Pip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 17129

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

Well, unless Flo decides to stop by a week early (for me, I get 2~3 months on nearly the same day, and then it happens a week or so early)...I know I'll have it during ACen. Thank goodness my cosplays have dark pants! XD
Main Programming Assistant Manager ~ 2014
Main Programming Staff
~ 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
2014 Cosplay ~ Third Doctor, Magishine/Solaris Knight
I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.

#111 User is offline   levelsixtyseven 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59727

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

Drink LOTS of GREEN TEA! It will help girls lessen their death week pains and make it last quicker. I also have a ton of motrin in my pocket. XD
Private Photo Shoots for 2011 ACen! CLICK HERE to sign up!

s t a l k m e
website / facebook / cosplay.com / deviantArt / twitter / youtube

#112 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:51 AM

I'm doing a little survey on this for con and I need numbers to make an argument on something.

Have you ever gotten your period during the convention and did not have any feminine hygiene products that you could access within a ten minute span?

I have personally had this happen to me....I was working registration at con. I was expected to get it on Saturday and I was surprised on Thursday. I didn't have a hotel room yet and I was in the convention center. I ended up embarrassingly sending mass text to all of the females I knew that were at the con. Thankfully someone answered my cry for help.

If you could answer please do so. If it's too embarrassing or you want to be anon you can PM me. I will just be taking numbers.

Also does anyone know if the hotel and con center bathrooms keep products in stock the whole con?

#113 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

I haven't seen anything in the bathrooms..

You can add +1 to that survey.

#114 User is offline   KungPowKirby 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

+1 I never did find one.

#115 User is offline   Pashy-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16936

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

I've never seen one either.. @_@ I remember having the same exact experience one Friday at the con.. we weren't checked into our hotel room yet, so I ended up running to the washroom and remained there trapped, debating on what to do before sending out a mass text of my own... So embarassing... @_@;; It really would be helpful if they had those avaliable..

Anyhow.. my fingers are crossed that mother nature won't visit me during ACen.. ;.; Mine's has always been irregular, lasting between 7-12 days, and coming anywhere from 10 days later to up to 2 months later.. I use to get the shot to help regulate it, but I haven't been on birth control for a good 8 months now, so I'm really worried.. T.T;; I was contemplating whether or not to start up again ASAP, but, I feel that it might trigger it as a result.. Aigoooo!! It better start within the next week or else I'm screwed!! @___@ Fingers crossed.. fingers crossed.. fingers crossed..

ACen 2011: Cosplays have been determined-ish!!!!

Iris - Pokemon Black/White ::: 75%
Female Wario ::: 10%
Ganguro Gal ::: 90%

~TekoMuto Fangirl~

Hello, my name is Poshy...

#116 User is offline   Pikachii 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

I have only been to two cons, so this hasn't happened yet to me. but a good trick is to take toilet paper and layer it thickly in your underwear as a temporary fix. It's a little strange at first but it's better than ruining your clothing.
^-^

#117 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

View PostPikachii, on 19 April 2011 - 01:58 PM, said:

I have only been to two cons, so this hasn't happened yet to me. but a good trick is to take toilet paper and layer it thickly in your underwear as a temporary fix. It's a little strange at first but it's better than ruining your clothing.

Toilet paper structure slowly weakens when in come in contact with liquid. Moving around will also make it prone to tear if it's wet. Also you'd have to fold up a huge thick layer and that would....look awkward.

That's the best description I can give without grossing the heck out of everyone.

#118 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

The one year I was actually happy to get that was when it happened the weekend before ACen I could've jumped with joy had I not been full of pain.

But last year every con that I went to something bad happened - Detour(sick) ACen(sprang ankle). This year I will do everything in my power to thwart any bad comings and my aunt usually shows up at the begining of the month so I'll know if I need to be on the lookout.
As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#119 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 19 April 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

Toilet paper structure slowly weakens when in come in contact with liquid. Moving around will also make it prone to tear if it's wet. Also you'd have to fold up a huge thick layer and that would....look awkward.

That's the best description I can give without grossing the heck out of everyone.

1+ me

Actually....it works but you have to layer it like a pad. You need to use paper towels with the toilet paper and wrap it around.

It does look awkward, especially if you wear tight clothes, but if you are wearing a skirt or loose pants this works until you can get some help. I know this because it happened not only Acen but at my old job and nobody would help me. They was too busy cracking jokes or laughing.

Better than messing up your clothes/underwear. That also happened with me (but not at Acen; in school.)
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#120 User is offline   Rival Silver 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59869

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:10 PM

This will be my 5th Acen. Out of all four so far, I've been on my period for...four. And both Anime Crossroads, too. And lately I've been getting mine every two weeks for some reason, so there's a very strong chance that this year will be like every other. Jesus help me.

The most awkward thing is that I always, without fail so far, cosplay as a boy. So having to walk around asking for feminine hygiene product donations is....embarrassing, to say the least. Last year was the worst, since my Edward Elric cosplay involves pants so tight they leave bruises on my hipbones. I don't know how I managed to go the whole weekend like that, being bloated and all.

Maybe this year I'll have better luck? x_x
Cosplays - Past and Future

Acen 2007 - Moogle
Acen 2008 - Detective Loki
Acen 2010 - Edward Elric

Acen 2011 - Rival Silver(HGSS), Trainer Red

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic