• You cannot reply to this topic

A Weird Wish ladies only, cuz I don't think guys can relate xD

#121 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 19 April 2011 - 08:51 AM, said:

Have you ever gotten your period during the convention and did not have any feminine hygiene products that you could access within a ten minute span?

This never happened to me at ACen but it has happened elsewhere. And its a horrible feeling. Some random woman ended up having a pad in her purse, I've never been so thankful in my whole life.
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#122 User is offline   Pikachii 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59683

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 19 April 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

Toilet paper structure slowly weakens when in come in contact with liquid. Moving around will also make it prone to tear if it's wet. Also you'd have to fold up a huge thick layer and that would....look awkward.

That's the best description I can give without grossing the heck out of everyone.

That's why I said it was only a temporary fix. I don't mean for people to use it for the whole of their period- maybe 30 minutes max depending on their flow.
^-^

#123 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

+1 for the hotels not stocking feminine hygiene products. A friend of mine caught me as I was in the bathroom at the same time and I happily assisted her with extras I had in my bag. They really should consider doing that, stocking the bathrooms for those "just in case" instances.

I know last year I was lucky not to get it until the very Tuesday afterwards. I just recently stopped by birth control (I have to make an appointment to get back on) so I'm hoping my aunt decides to visit in the next two weeks and leave my ACen weekend alone.

I will say the tissue thing does work for a very limited time, for those times you have to run off to get to your stash.

2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#124 User is offline   delial 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59936

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

uuhhhhh it just hit me that this thread in under cosplay. uhh what? shouldnt it be under chit-chat? :blink:
Uso Mitai na I Love You

#125 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

Nah, because it almost always happens while in a costume.

#126 User is offline   delial 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

good point. it just seems kinda random compared to the rest of the threads X3

that said, i need to find a way to refill my naproxen >.> since ive got no more insurance (for now), I can't go back to that doctor. That and I'm moving so...~
Uso Mitai na I Love You

#127 User is offline   Pikachii 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:45 AM

View Postdelial, on 20 April 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

good point. it just seems kinda random compared to the rest of the threads X3

that said, i need to find a way to refill my naproxen >.> since ive got no more insurance (for now), I can't go back to that doctor. That and I'm moving so...~

Maybe you can apply for some sort of state coverage for the time being until you move? I know doing that takes a little time but if it isn't completely impossible it might help you the last few months (assuming you aren't moving for 3-4 more months).
^-^

#128 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

View Postlevelsixtyseven, on 19 April 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Drink LOTS of GREEN TEA! It will help girls lessen their death week pains and make it last quicker. I also have a ton of motrin in my pocket. XD

Only thing with green tea is you'll be trading pains for constant trips to the bathroom. @__@

I'm doing a little survey on this for con and I need numbers to make an argument on something.

Have you ever gotten your period during the convention and did not have any feminine hygiene products that you could access within a ten minute span?

Yeah. I've only had 2 ACens out of 5 where I didn't start and of the 3 that I did, I wasn't prepared for 1. Like others have said, toilet paper ain't perfect, but it lasts long enough to run back to the hotel room and grab something. ._.

Also does anyone know if the hotel and con center bathrooms keep products in stock the whole con?

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen any. I don't know if this was at the con or some other hotel, but I know I've walked into a bathroom that had the frame of the dispenser, but the place where you put money and where the items go were gone which makes absolutely no sense to me.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#129 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

View PostTrini, on 21 April 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen any. I don't know if this was at the con or some other hotel, but I know I've walked into a bathroom that had the frame of the dispenser, but the place where you put money and where the items go were gone which makes absolutely no sense to me.

This happened at my old job. They said it was because people used to break into them and steal the napkins/cash/tampons. I am still wondering how people did this?

That and they said that enough people was not buying out of the dispenser so they took it out for costs. This might be the reason why you don't see them at Rosemount or at the hotels.

Instead of green tea drink how much water you are normally suppose to drink: 8-10 glasses a day. This is proven to help cramps and pains.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#130 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:32 PM

I know I'll be dropping off some tampons and pads at least at the EMRT station again. If this happens to anyone, simply go to them and no one will have to know what's going on.

#131 User is offline   Pikachii 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

Well it looks like I have mine now.. so hopefully this means I wont be visited with an unwelcome surprise at ACen ^-^
^-^

#132 User is offline   delial 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:07 PM

aww lucky! mine on the other hand just decided to ominously appear on the 22nd -_- then again mine is unpredictable most of the time ~.~

cant wait for acen either way :)
Uso Mitai na I Love You

#133 User is offline   davebb 

• EMRT
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11282

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

I liked the idea of a calling tree for the Midol. Though we should do what we had to do back in old grade school (at least since I went to a Catholic grade school) we had to each bring a box of Kleenex for the year. So that meant like 20 communal boxes. If everyone brought a small stock it would be easy to do with tradeoffs. Problem is how heavy. May sound odd coming from a guy, but when I have a sister who is just a few years younger and past girlfriends, AND having a lot of female friends the conversations usually tend to happen when I'm around. LOL
Medic 6 : ACen 2014 EMRT ConCenter Supervisor (serving since 2008)
Dave Bukowski -- NREMT-B
EMT-B / EMA
"ask not what ACen can do for you--ask what you can do for ACen"

#134 User is offline   KeySmash 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 58635

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

View Post-JUNK-, on 14 April 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

=3 2nd year of Hormone malfunction
So I dont need to worry at all =D Whee~

XDDDD I'll join you on the malfunction boat~
Cosplays 2014~
Yachiru "Retsu" Unohana (BLEACH)
Otohime (One Piece)
Katara: Southern Raiders (Avatar)

#135 User is offline   Pikachii 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

I will bring some Tampons in a variety pack to donate ^-^" Where do I need to bring it? I will arrive on Thursday.
^-^

#136 User is offline   aprilxeternal 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59472

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

I got mine. I shall be safe at the con! YES!!! I've never been so happy to have mother nature visit...

#137 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:59 AM

Bahahahhaaaaa! I think about this all the time, you're not alone. xDDDDD Cuz it just sucks when you've got some big event to go to and you gotta worry about mother nature. ><
..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#138 User is offline   BitingZombeh 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6882

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:23 AM

DItto @ Fudgi!

I was SO freaking worried about this for the last, like, month. I swear I get hit EVERY YEAR. D: BUT NOT THIS YEAR! >D

I'll try to bring some to donate, as well! Maybe tape a single one in the stalls of the female restrooms? D: That's what I was gonna do.
Cosplay 2011
Sailor Moon (Cosmic) - Sailor Moon

#139 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

That sounds....funny as heck.

I'll bring some in my suitcase so it's not a problem for me to share, even though it's going to come while I'm working at the convention this weekend.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#140 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

It is getting close to the Zero hour and now it is starting to become and EEK issue; once again the only time of the year I pray for it...As long as the first day isn't at the Con I'm good!
As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#141 User is offline   Nurse-Headless 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60098

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

Thank the Lord! Mother Nature paid me a visit last night and I've never been more thankful for it!

#142 User is offline   DarkMimi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 38289

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

Well this is terrible. I STILL haven't received my visit from Flo and it's a week before con time :unsure:

I know I'm not pregnant, sooooo... here's hoping she makes an appearance this week or even AFTER the con is completely over with. I need to get back on my medication T_T

2014 Cosplay Plans
Bioshock Infinite - Daisy Fitzroy (0% Completed)
Batman - Talia Al Gul (0% Completed)
Princess Peach: Military Style (0% Completed)

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Borderlands 2
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! HERE!!!
I <3 Friends Who Keep In Touch

#143 User is offline   Kaia Hatsune 

• Forum's Little Pony
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59449

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

View PostPikachii, on 30 April 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

Well it looks like I have mine now.. so hopefully this means I wont be visited with an unwelcome surprise at ACen ^-^

Ditto!!!! XD
I was super excited when it happened!
ACen 2015
Arcade Sona(LoL)- 100% [bringing back]
Asuka Shikinami Soryu- 0%
My Cosplay.com

#144 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

I remember the year I got it on saturday...ugh. The pain. Refused to let it ruin my con experience though and powered through it. The year after it was just ending. Inconvenient, but at least no pain. (I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to timing this damn thing)

On a slightly related note, I totally recommend seasonique :D It makes it so you only have to see Aunt Flo 4 times a year (granted you're in for a bit of spotting while your body is getting used to it). If I wasn't on it I'd probably have Aunt Flo visiting again this year right in time for Acen.
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#145 User is offline   SJAkarma22 

• Akwardly Insane
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59852

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

I can feel it, it just needs to happen NOW! :eek: I'm getting nervous - spose that doesn't help...
As long as there is Trust, there is Betrayal
I will lay at your feet while you rule the world

CONLIST:
ANIME CENTRAL April 27-29 2012-ANIME DETOUR June 30 -July 1 2012

#146 User is offline   Mullenkamp 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 495

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

Oh man, at Katsu this year... well, basically, I get migrainey and nauseated anywhere from a week before to, uh, occasionally never, but usually a day or so before. And on I think Tuesday, when we were about to take off, I started getting nauseated. And I was like "YAY, I'll be more or less done before Saturday, when I'll be wearing thin tight pale yellow silk pants!"

Waited all day Tuesday, during the drive Wednesday... the rest of the drive Thursday morning... hot-tubbing and reg line and everything... and when does it happen? LATE FRIDAY NIGHT.

I was so ticked.

I'd say I know I'll be good for ACen next weekend, except that I'm so freaking irregular that it came again two weeks after Katsu. So despite the fact I just got over a week-long migraine YESTERDAY, who even knows?

#147 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

View PostPikachii, on 04 May 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

I will bring some Tampons in a variety pack to donate ^-^" Where do I need to bring it? I will arrive on Thursday.

Any tampons, pads, or liners should go to the EMRT office. Unfortunately, they can't give out any kind of medication to anyone, so.. bring your own Midol.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My birth control placebos start the last day of ACen.. so that means I'll be good for 2 days after! Take that, close timing!

#148 User is offline   Demon Slayer 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 5413

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

My period was supposed to arrive yesterday, but I've always been irregular and often a few days late. I'm just trying NOT to stress about costumes and push it back a week... I'm hoping that Auntie Flo will show up on schedule, or close to it.
My name's Mary, and I am a student from Chicago studying in Canada.
Facebook Cosplay.Com
---------------------------------------------------
Anime Midwest 2012
Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove), Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan), probably Belle

#149 User is offline   Santa Finland 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59766

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

I'm on birth control so I can easily predict when my period is coming. But I've had my period during cons and it sucks. At the first Motaku, I started to cry a little bit because of my hormones (I had no real reason to be feeling down, I just was.) I also leaked onto the hotel sheets which made me feel bad. At cons, I want to go have fun and not keep a mental track of how long I've been wearing a tampon.
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
flapper!fem!America (Hetalia - Original design)
maid!Nitori (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)

#150 User is offline   *McManray* 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 26939

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:34 PM

I've been really lucky to not have be on my period at any of the cons I've attended in the past, but I have a bad feeling my luck's about to run out this ACen.
ACen 2014 // Dr. Krieger's Virtual Girlfriend
ACen 2011 // Utena Tenjou // Elsea de Lute Irma // Yuki Talho
ACen 2010 // Cécile Croomy // Ritsuko Akagi // Melfina
ACen 2009 // Officer Jenny
ACen 2008 // Speed Racer // Anju Maaka

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users