What It Is?

#1 User is offline   gothicpaladin 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 55134

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

S'up.

My name is Kevin.

I don't normally socialize much during conventions; I figured I should at least try a bit of an outreach this time 'round though. I don't really care all that much for Anime/Manga, honestly. I am more coming to visit a romantic interest I have vested in the area (Lawl, Political Correctness). That isn't to say I totally hate Anime/Manga. There are some shows I find very entertaining: Hellsing, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, etc.

As for Manga, I can't say that I've ever had a pleasant experience with it. I am more a western comic book fan. Punisher Max Series is one of my favorites, and I believe the best incarnation of the Punisher to date. I also am fond of Sandman, The Crow (I suppose that is somewhat Manga-like?), Alan Moore's Top Ten, Hellboy etc etc etc.

I like to draw and write, or rather, I like to talk about drawing and writing and pretend I am actually doing it. I am not much of a gamer, though I do like Video Games. I am more honestly interested in just being them, or watching them, than playing. I picked up playing Magic: The Gathering, in true nerd fashion. I've got a couple of decks and would not mind getting schooled in the art of Synergy and Tactics.

Uhhhh, thats the most important bits, I think.

Well, yeah. I'll likely be hangin' 'round the convention this year. If you see me, say hello. Also I'd be happy to answer any questions, or what not.

- Kev

P.S.- This is my first time on a forum since I was like 13. I very much enjoyed my time on forums and I would love to get back into them again. So hopefully I won't just be posting 'round convention time and I can make a bit of a home here! =D
If they give you an inch, you take a mile.

Never miss a chance to take a cheap shot. - Sid Moen

#2 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9167

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

Welcome to the forums. Just leave your sanity in the garbage can by the door, grab an umbrella, and enjoy.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#3 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:09 PM

Hey there, whats up? Welcome to the forums =3
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#4 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618
  • Location:Barrington, IL - US / London, England - UK )( Sector 7C

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

Welcome to the forums. I wouldn't fret too much. The best part of Acen (and the forums) is that there is such a vast amount of people with different levels of interest.

If you have any questions or just wanna talk, just send me a pm
"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#5 User is offline   Haggisstew 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 36322
  • Location:If the torso next to my name is in color, I'm at a computer.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

Rammu yht fammlusa :thumbup:

one more thing Flame Rift!!!

Everyone takes 4 pts of damage.
Planed cosplays for ACen are 1= Simon Petrikov (Adventure Time), 2= Johnny (FFVII), MCPO Karen Joshua (08th MS Team), Soun Tendo (Ranma 1/2)

#6 User is offline   wiirenet 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 48116

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:01 PM

Well, your topic name reminded me of Crispin Glover... so I clicked this, and hello! Were you referencing Crispin?? I wasn't going to reply until I saw your birthday is exactly one day after mine haha. Kind of cool.

I like some comic books but I can't say I'm an expert. I read a bunch of joker ones after I saw the movie, and I have the killing joke by alan moore and love it. but I havent read anything in years and forgot a lot. But I'm always open to stuff and love looking at the art. Do you know the arkham asylum by grant morrison? that's probably my all time favorite and if I found more comics like that I would prob read them. I adore the art in it and just the way they get across the idea of being insane in it.

I'm not really going for the anime/manga either, mostly just the con experience and costumes. so if there will be american comic book panels and things like that I'll prob check them out over anime.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users