Anime Central Forums: Hyatt - Reserved And Paid In Advance - No Room Guaranteed? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hyatt - Reserved And Paid In Advance - No Room Guaranteed? Hotel transfer to Hyatt down the road?

#1 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3929

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

My girlfriend told me a horror story of a few years ago, being moved to the OTHER Hyatt down the road because the MAIN Hyatt was over booked. Her and her group had no clue why, since they reserved with a credit card and had to pay half the room rate in advance.

Dumb founded, I investigated and found this was possible for two reasons:

1. If you don't reserve a hotel room for Thursday night, they give their favor to the people that did.

2. For some reasons, despite our advances in technology, the Hyatt can't figure out how many rooms they have, and how many are already reserved?

I must be missing something here. Neither of us can figure out why it happened.

Is this still possible? If it is possible, is there a way to avoid it? I've paid my half in my purchase of the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. Not the Rosemont Hyatt.

P.S.: I apologize if this is answered somewhere. I searched terms like transfer, over book, etc. but I couldn't find anything. Especially in the FAQs and Gripes threads??

Thank you! I'm worried my Friday and Saturday reservations with the lack of Thursday will be transferred since this is the first year I've NOT gotten a Thursday night reservation.
I am "flowin' with life in a warrior type manner." || Forgive and forget. :) || Proud Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate <3
Previous cosplay: '05: Cloud from FFVII:AC '07: Thu+Fri: Kakashi | Fri Masq Ball: Reno (FFVII:AC) | Sat: Cloud (FFVII:AC) | Sun: Uriel (Angel Sanctuary)
Cosplay for '08: Thurs: Casual Kenashi-Sama[/u] | Fri: Cloud FFVIIAC (surprise saved for '09) | Sat: Solid Snake + Z.O.E. box - MGS1 version FOR MASQ
Cosplay for '09: Locke - Final Fantasy VI || Vamp - MGS4 || Cosplay for '10: Kuja ;3
//Thank you so much to the people who like my cosplay, it means a lot - and glomps to the people who freaking knew my Z.O.E. box for Snake!\\
ACen 2008 Walk-Ons: My Solid Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3737 || My wonderful friends as Malice Mizer (<3 Kami): http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

#2 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

I am loath to say that there is a possibility at any hotel that this can occur. It is standard practice at hotels to overbook by a small margin because there are inevitably cancellations. Unfortunately, in the case of Anime Central, attendees rarely cancel their reservations, so this situation can and does occur. When it does occur, the hotel makes "reasonable" efforts to correct the situation, offering accommodations nearby and/or making concessions (rate reductions, etc.).

What can you do to avoid being bumped from your reservation? In the case of ACen, booking Thursday night will allow you to avoid this from happening for the most part. Since many people come in on Friday, the people already checked in cannot be bumped. If you do arrive on Friday, arrive early to check in. Maybe they will let you in to your room early; maybe not. If they have you wait to check in (that is, your room is not ready yet), at least have them take down your name and arrival time. The will rooms go on a first come, first served basis. When the rooms run out, whoever is left is out of luck.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users