Anime Central Forums: How Your Pet Gets Your Undivided Attention - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

How Your Pet Gets Your Undivided Attention cute or annoying

#1 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

Both me and my sis have a cat, whom we've had since he was a kitten (I got him on Sept. of '93, my b-day). He has this horrible method of trying to get me to wake up in the morning, wee early in the morning to feed him either by knocking stuff off my shelf or by puking. I just wanna throw a shoe at him so bad. I'm sure there are other people out there who share my anguish. Or maybe who thinks its so gosh darn funny. Whichever your side is, lets hear it. You gotta pet that does anything he or she does to get your attention? good or bad?
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#2 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

I have an eighty plus pound dog [Lucky] that sits on me in order to get my attention in the morning, great way to wake up.

My littlest dog [Emma] will hide one of my shoes if she doesn't want me to leave, she also like to parade around with my unmentionables to get my attention....

The medium dog [Peaches] will make a sounds like she is attempting to speak Spanish and trying to roll her R's with her tongue [best way I can describe it] and tap dancing

#3 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

My dog who lives at my parents house has three methods. He is also a 50 pound border collie mix.

1. If you are male he will jump up and try to punch you in the balls ( one of my friends has yet to learn to protect himself still... )

2. He will whine and cry nonstop to the point where you want to rip out his vocal chords, and when you do pet him he still keeps whining and crying as if your not giving him enough.

3. He will jump up on the couch next to you and dig his face into your side or lap and spread himself out on top of you.
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#4 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18485

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

My cat does what I call the Cat Alarm early in the morning. He stands outside my bedroom door and meows as loudly as he can for a few minutes until I tell him to go away or go to sleep, then he wanders off and quiets down. I don't let him in my room because he will sleep for 30 minutes and then bounce off the walls for the rest of the night.
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

I need a girlfriend.... No, really.

#5 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

Cats:

Kisa- SCREAMING
Geneva- Rubbing against my legs, meowing, planting her fat behind right in the middle of whatever room I'm sitting in
Dewey- Scratching the door, jumoing on the kitchen table and craning his neck towards me and screaming
Smokey- Jumping on you, mushing your stomach, screaming
Jewels- Screaming, cheap-shotting
Midge- Will not get your attention. I can seriously go months without ever seeing this cat. Basically a ghost.

Dogs:

Sandy- Will sit in front of you until you feed her, take her out, play with her
Katie- Flails about, sniffs your crotch, runs face into the back of your legs, jumps up on the couch with you, barks, licks, anything

-_-

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#6 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:15 PM

Cats
- Katie is a glutton for attention. She has developed gaining attention down to an art. She's been known to press her paws against our legs or arms, with just the tiniest bit of her claws out to make sure we know she's doing the feline equivalent of a tap. She also likes bringing me her catnip socks, meowing while carrying them in her mouth as if to proclaim her find. Oh, and she will nudge the hell out of our hands when we're using computer mice. I've lost count how many times Jamie's almost lost a FPS game while she's bumping his hand around.

- Kahlua is very vocal. VERY vocal. She knows when it's time for me to get up in the morning, so if it's getting close, she'll jump up on the bed, meowing at me...and maybe stepping on me at the same time.

Birds
Ahahahahahaha...well, while our cockatiel boys enjoy serenading us, our conures are the worst. They will screech their fool heads off if they know we're ignoring them, or if they know someone's arrived at the apartment. (I think they've learned which cars are ours.) Nice way to wake up in the morning, that...
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#7 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

Kai exists.

MORNING
paw in my mouth
crouches on my head and purrs with great force
punch in face
meows loudly and insistently outside my room (if I lock him out at night)

OTHER TIMES OF THE DAY
barges into the bathroom
parks himself on whatever has my attention (sewing project, sketch, magazine, laptop)
stops by and performs a "cat massage" (usually on my leg, shoulder or back)
flops over and rolls/wiggles on the floor and mews coyly
bats a random small object around the room

looks too peaceful (my revenge for his bothering me when he's bored!)
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#8 User is offline   Yumei 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17438

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

My cat Sushi will usually wake me up the same time everyday by ripping up paper, cardboard or whatever laying around. If I move he'll stop but then start ripping it again. If I yell or tell him "shh!" he'll stop but then start ripping again. Sometimes he'll rub on me and sit on stuff I using. Sometimes he'll just stare at me till I get up to pet him and then he'll walk away while looking back to see to make sure I'm following him.
He used to wake me up around 7 am or 8am but today for some reason he woke me up at 6AM!!
Sometime when he just wants to be petted he'll jump on the bed and walk all over me purring until I pet him. If I don't wake up he'll nibble on fingers or slap me in the face with his tail.
Acen10cosplays:(Trinity Blood)Esther Blanchett,(Bleach)Nel resleased form,(KH2)Card form Sora,(Code Geass)Li Xingke,(FMA)Edward decoy
Acen11 Cosplays:FMA:Brotherhood-LanFan,Gravitation-Shuichi,Fruits Basket-Shigure,Avatar-Toph All cosplays are complete!:)
Next con: ACEN

#9 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18485

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

Seeing this it seems there are alot of cat people here.
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

I need a girlfriend.... No, really.

#10 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

View PostImNewHere, on Apr 26 2010, 08:20 PM, said:

I wish I had a cat but my mom is allergic and my apartment doesn't allow cats.

-misses his cat he had as a kid that he had to give away when his mom developed allergies-
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#11 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

my dog nomi will fall over in front of me if shes feeling ignored, if shes pissed at me she will vomit infront of my room <_< she used to be able to open my door but now that we moved and have different door handles she cant. my moms dog eclair will whine and go nuts just running all over the place if shes lonely. other times she just puts herself on your lap like hi im eclair please dont forget me... our oldest dog must think i am evil because she never wants attention from me, she sees me she just bolts... i think its because my mom makes me clip the dogs nails and express its anal glands so im sure it doesnt have the most wonderful thoughts of me....
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#12 User is offline   ninjaxllama 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17215

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

My dog likes to paw at us for attention. Like shell raise her paw and put it on our arm to tell us that she wants to be petted or given attention.
She'll also rub against us or the couch like a cat if she wants to be let outside. She's a strange one sometimes.
[color="#9932CC"]
ACen 2011 cosplay: Kakashi and Hiro from Gravitation
ACen 2012 cosplay: Hotohori from Fushigi Yugi, Kakashi, Tseng from ff7
ACen 2013 cosplay: Professor Chaos from South Park, Raven from Teen Titans, and Scott Pilgrim
ACen 2014 cosplay: Butters from South Park Stick of Truth, Him from Powerpuff Girls, and Scott Pilgrim
I am the Forum Llama...Beware my cute and fuzzy exterior

#13 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

Let's Players/Otakus always have cats. Except me. I had a bunny.

And he was such a sweetie. He would always stand on his hind legs and beg for his food, all while showing his snow white underbelly. I fell for it evertytime :3
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#14 User is offline   Matt PNiewski 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 28392

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:28 PM

Sparkle has decided that she lacks the ability to keep the cage open long enough, so she now wedges the door open with a bird treat and then flies on my desk.

Pigeon will knock on the cage bars until I come over.

Gertrude will squawk.
Jimmy Olsen to the Real Life Superheroes.

#15 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

My dog ernie doesn't really do anything to get my attention but if we have to roll up the window in the car and shut a door that hes used to being open he turns his head and stares at us as if to say, "hey, I was using that." lol. He's a cute little bugger.

My friends dog I love because it's a lap dog too but if you stop petting her while she's on your lap she'll wedge her head under your hand and keep doing that till you pet her again. lol.
^_^ I love pets.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#16 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

I usually keep the door to my room closed because my cat is heavy and if I let her into my room while I'm trying to sleep, she will sleep on me. Not next to me, on me. And I tend to toss and turn while trying to sleep, so having a 13 year old cat lounging on my legs is less than comfortable. The repercussions of this? The middle of the night, she meows. And meows. And some more. And then I'll tell her to be quite, and she listens (shes a smart kitty. sorta) and then she starts meowing again. Right outside my bedroom door. Plus, there's a table outside my room right next to the door, so she'll hop onto that and paw at the door knob. >.<

Other things she does:
-When the family is eating dinner together, she'll hop onto one of the counters and then on top of the fridge and watch us. Then when we look over at her, she'll look away and act like she has no interest in us whatsoever.
-When she thinks my mom is done with dinner (regardless of whether or not its true), she'll hop up onto the vacant chair next to my mom's and paw at her arm until my mom lets her onto her lap.
-If someone, usually me or my mom, is sitting on the couch or one of the arm chairs in the living room and reading or something, she'll climb onto the back of it and start doing what I can only describe as trying to their hair.
-Back when I was in high school, if I accidentally let her into my room while I was doing homework, and it involved a text or note book, she would try and sit on it. She does the same thing with magazines.
-If there's a carpet, she'll flop down on it and roll around, then pause and give you a really pitiful "play with me?" look.

Geeze...this is making me realize how much I miss my cat...;.; Now I'm looking forward to ACen weekend even more, because after the convention I'm going to dump all of the stuff I buy at home (no sense bringing it back to school with me when I live in the city the convention is held in), and then hang out there until it's time for me to catch my train back to school.
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#17 User is offline   Jello 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3087

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Tucker (jack russell terrier), will jump into your lap, put his face in front of your face, sit next to you and put his head in your lap give you puppy dog eyes and whine , or he'll paw at you until you pet him or if you stop to soon he will paw at you, he will also climb on to the back of the couch and proceed to climb onto your head or shoulder... or if you have just walked into the room he will proceed to jump up and down pushing his front legs into your knees until you notice him

Trixie (rat terrier) will run back and forth between your legs until you notice her, lay down at your feet on her back wiggling about begging you to pet her, or if you are sitting down she will promptly jump into your lap to be petted

ACen Registration Staff 2006-2009, 2012-2013
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2010 - 2011
Youmacon VAT Staff 2008-2012

#18 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

My dog either whines or if she wants a treat, she will start sneezing.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#19 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:32 AM

Not so--I dual-wield. <-- linkies: my Pika-Pika! :heart:
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#20 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:35 AM

Ahh, my cat has always been a loud meower, but since going deaf in his old age, it's gotten worse. You used to be able to shut him up by talking to him, but that doesn't work anymore... Now in order to wake me up because he thinks it's breakfast time, he'll jump on my bed and meow directly into my ear (as in, not inches away from it). If I push him away, he'll come back, try that again, and if that still doesn't work, he'll bite my hair.

Which is a shame because I love it when he sleeps with me, but since he started this routine, I have to lock him out so he doesn't wake me up too early.
Cosplay 2013:
Friday: Tsubaki (Sket Dance)
Saturday: Prince Alexander (King's Quest VI)
Sunday: uh, TMNT geek, lol

See you in the Alley! ^_^
Tenkuu no Chibi

#21 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:06 PM

Collies have very long noses. Mine uses it to shove it under your arm when you're eating. He will dislodge food from utensils and act like he's starving to death (which he isn't; he's actually a bit overweight). Giving him food only makes it worse. He also likes to prowl the yard at 3 AM, and will make sure that you get up to let him out by barking, growling, or whining. His favorite tactic is to sit back and raise a paw, because he knows humans find this irresistibly kyute.

Other than that, he's a good dog. He'll play with you if he feels like it, otherwise he'll open one eye, give you a dirty look, and go back to sleep. But he's very good on the leash. almost fanatically loyal, and won't leave the yard even if the gate is open.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"He's just a big lump"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#22 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

I'm on the fence.

Laying on your face is both.

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#23 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:40 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on Apr 27 2010, 11:32 AM, said:

Not so--I dual-wield. <-- linkies: my Pika-Pika! :heart:

awww. So cute. :heart:
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#24 User is offline   DaphHime 

• Registration
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 303

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:57 AM

My cat, Trouble, tends to vary his approach depending on what's going on. When I'm coming home, he'll follow me around and eventually roll on his back. Try to give him a belly rub, and he playfully snaps at you. I like to call this the "bear trap". Oh and he likes to race me to the bed to get there before me. He also begs at the table exactly like a dog, which is a wee bit creepy. He's also a bed hog. I don't know how he manages to take up half my bed space, he just does. I usually wind up barely holding on to what little space I have when he decides to take a nap in the middle of the night.

If I'm on my laptop he likes to rub his face on it, of course, blocking my view. Thankfully hasn't tried to sit on it yet. Would probably break the thing.

He also does the typical scratch at the door. Doesn't really meow much, and when he does it's not very loud.
Acen Registration Staff 2010-???
Poss. cosplays: Marie (Soul Eater), Ukraine (Hetalia), Anri (DRRR!!), usual Gintama stuff.

Currently watching Soul Eater, Hetaila, Gintama, Durarara!!
Currently playing World of Warcraft (Sarhime/Syirens/Daphime (all Horde) @ Ravencrest if you want to look me up. :) )

Twitter//Facebook//Livejournal (friends only, but feel free to add!)

#25 User is offline   Aya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16803

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:38 AM

My boyfriend's sister's dog usually will come in our room to sleep in the morning's, it's cute. But she doesn't want to lay next to my boyfriend but next to me, in between my legs, in the most uncomfortable way possible. Because she would usually sleep in between my legs. And I toss and turn when I'm asleep, and this absolutely anger's her. Because for some reason she likes sleeping next to me compare to my boyfriend who is actually warmer. And Maggot (short for Majestic) is such the cutest little thing ever for a jack-rat terrier, but she has such a vicious bark. And she know's when we're eating steamed carrots because she'll just whine until she gets a few for herself.
Possible Cosplay's for ACen 2011
~Futuristic Blood Elf: World of Warcraft/Original Design.(5%)
~Team Rocket Grunt: Pokemon

~Lightning: Final Fantasy XIII (5%)
~Umbreon Gijinka: Pokemon (5%)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users