Anime Central Forums: Who Wants An Actual Hookup? Acen Dating Service, Pt. 2! - Anime Central Forums

• 60 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Who Wants An Actual Hookup? Acen Dating Service, Pt. 2!

#1 User is offline   Epic_Fail_Guy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10869

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:41 AM

In light of the previous ACen dating thread devolving into something that is related to everything but exploring dates for ACen, how about we start another thread? Perhaps one that is on-topic, and relevant to its intended purpose?

Thus in this thread, ACen Dating Service Thread Pt. II! Please keep off topic conversations in the other thread, and keep this thread on topic. As with the previous thread, fill out the following for your candidate info:

Name/Nickname:
Favorite Anime(s):
Least Favorite:
My personality type:
How you may contact me:
A talent that i have:
My Tastes (Movies, music, books, ect.):
Small bio:
Pictures:

#2 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

In the interests of this thread, I make one suggestion:

Have a mod/admin move this to Chit-Chat ASAP. You started it in Insanity, which means it will fall under the rules of Insanity (or lack thereof).
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#3 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9167

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:09 AM

I vote "lack thereof".
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#4 User is offline   Epic_Fail_Guy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:29 AM

View Postthis_chick25, on Apr 12 2010, 10:08 AM, said:

In the interests of this thread, I make one suggestion:

Have a mod/admin move this to Chit-Chat ASAP. You started it in Insanity, which means it will fall under the rules of Insanity (or lack thereof).

Not a bad idea, not sure how to do that, though. Do I just post here saying "HEY MOD, PLEASE MOVE THIS TO CHIT-CHAT," or do I have to PM someone, or such?

#5 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

*heard the word admin*

MOVED

#6 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:42 AM

I knew you'd come.

Another word of advice to EFG: Since you're the OP for this thread, you'll probably have to stick around and take some responsibility for keeping it on topic. I highly recommend it--the OP for the original thread made exactly 4 posts ever on the forums, and did not stay around long, which may have contributed to the so-called "deterioration" of that thread.

Of course this is just my observation, since you seem so intent on having an on-topic version of this thread.

Since I'm cool with just hanging out and not at all interested in love matches, I'll be going now...

Luck to you,
t_c25
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#7 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:43 AM

Also I'll do what I can to keep this on course, but if it gets ugly I will be forced to shut this down.

I'll monitor this thread when I can.

#8 User is offline   Epic_Fail_Guy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:47 AM

Indeed, thanks for the advice. Also, I suppose then, as the starter of this new incarnation of the thread, I should also take the initiative to post first:

Name/Nickname: Kyle
Favorite Anime(s): Evangelion, Natsume Yuujinchou, Baccano!, Clannad, SE Lain, Sexy Commando, Kurenai, Moyashimon, Satoshi Kon, Shaft, Bones, Brain's Base
Least Favorite: Naruto (past season 2 or so)
My personality type: Intelligent and cynical, yet light-hearted and easy going, with a good sense of humor.
How you may contact me: PM
A talent that i have: idk...writing I suppose

50 Hertz, Animal Collective, The Antlers, Arcade Fire, Ayreon, The Books, Built to Spill, Elvenking, Modest Mouse, Nine Inch Nails, Opeth, Pavement, Slagsmalsklubben, Slayer, The Smiths, Sunset Rubdown, Susumu Hirasawa, Tyr, Windir, Wintersun, Xiu Xiu, Yann Tiersen...Daily Show, Mission Hill, Venture Bros, HOME MOVIES, The Mighty Boosh, Space Ghost C2C, Spaced...Amelie, Chasing Amy, High Fidelity, The Hurt Locker, Jurassic Park, The Life Aqautic, Punch Drunk Love, Raising Arizona, Rushmore, Shaun of the Dead, Singing in the Rain, SLC Punk, Star Wars, There Will be Blood, Trainspotting, zombie films, anything by the Cohen Brothers, anything by Wes Anderson

Small bio:
I am a 23 year old college student, majoring in CS. ACen '10 will be my 4th ACen. I like reading, anime, 4chan/420chan, photography, hanging out with friends, film, nature, and expanding my mind. I am generally rather reserved and quiet around new people, but boisterous and outgoing around friends. I like to think that I have a strong adventurous side, and a desire to try new things. I think I am a fairly intelligent person, and have a dry, often "black comedy" sense of humor. I am very relaxed, accepting, and easy going, and, on an interpersonal level, it takes a lot to get mad. I am very libertarian in most of my values. I have dirty blond hair and am very tall (6'5"). I am thinking of cosplaying as Ginko from Mushishi at this year's ACen. I am potentially looking for a date for ACen, if a match arises, as having a date for the con in the past has generally been a good time.

Pictures:
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/cl...ss/520355_n.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/cl...lsbass/4325.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/cl...ss/IMG_0241.jpg

This post has been edited by Epic_Fail_Guy: 12 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

#9 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:43 AM

can i get this hookup for a truck? I don't know what the technical term is or what not but it's a 1993 Ford breadtruck
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#10 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:00 PM

OP's forum handle has proven to be pretty fitting.

Seriously, guys.
Come on.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#11 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

Guys, please don't troll this thread. If this thread dies, it dies.

We may not all agree with this but that doesn't give you the right to come in here and get in your giggles.

#12 User is offline   Epic_Fail_Guy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:54 PM

lol, serious business

#13 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

View PostEpic_Fail_Guy, on Apr 12 2010, 01:54 PM, said:

lol, serious business

I will do my best to support this but do not make me regret it.

#14 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

Come on now, can't people be nice for once? It's fun reading through actual profiles.

I'll post one as a friend-first profile, I suggest renaming the thread to something less extravagant hookup and dating-esque. :lol:

*profile removed* :blush:

This post has been edited by Scott: 05 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

#15 User is offline   ImNewHere 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18485

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

I'll stick a reply in here later on. Most of my info is on my site though. That is if I updated my site...
For ACen 2012 pics go to http://www.scottyspot.com/acen2012.htm. If you want a full size pic PM me with an email address and tell me which one you would like.

I'm the Emperor of the Left Half of the Universe. I also have cool non-con pics here ---> http://voice0freason...t.com/gallery/?

I need a girlfriend.... No, really.

#16 User is offline   Kawaii-Ame17 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 22360

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

Ah nice to see another thread like mine :'D Well maybe not exactly >//<;; You were smart to have it moved because of well people have certain distastes for such topics but never the less, I am happy to see someones dating thread starting out good ^^ Much luck to your awesome thread!!! <3333333
Anime Central's Ninja Turtle Girl
:~Leonardo is LOVE~:
My Deviantart
My Facebook
My Youtube
My Gaia

#17 User is offline   Matt PNiewski 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 28392

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

I think the reason the last thread failed was because, not only was the original point forgotten, nobody actually cared to follow up on things. Nobody decided "This person seems interesting' or, if they did, didn't have the will to follow up. I'm not trying to be cynical... Just saying what needs to NOT happen......
Jimmy Olsen to the Real Life Superheroes.

#18 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

View PostMatt PNiewski, on Apr 14 2010, 08:41 PM, said:

I think the reason the last thread failed was because, not only was the original point forgotten, nobody actually cared to follow up on things. Nobody decided "This person seems interesting' or, if they did, didn't have the will to follow up. I'm not trying to be cynical... Just saying what needs to NOT happen......

That...and we just realized that it's mostly guys here and that the hot nerdy chicks can get anybody they want. lol
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#19 User is offline   Matt PNiewski 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on Apr 14 2010, 09:13 PM, said:

That...and we just realized that it's mostly guys here and that the hot nerdy chicks can get anybody they want. lol

And the guys seem to have nothing to offer besides "Hey, I like anime too." Or, when you look on a website, that's all you can decipher about a person.

#20 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:32 AM

View PostMatt PNiewski, on Apr 14 2010, 04:41 PM, said:

You say that, but it did happen. I met one of my now exs because of that post. Overall, you're absolutely right, it did very little, but to say nobody is false as I know I am not the only one who met someone and dated them because of the thread.

Its just like real life. If you meet a girl at a con and all you have to say is, hey I like anime, you're not likely to get very far. It takes social skills and some confidence. I'm not sure how many people have met me in real life, but I am not exactly the hottest guy out there, but I've dated some girls who were way out of my league looks wise because I know how to talk to a girl. This isn't meant to be bragging, its meant to say that if you want to do it, and you believe you can, you are at least giving yourself a shot. Just don't be that creepy guy who tries too hard. Its a fine line between acting interested and acting needy sometimes...
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#21 User is offline   Matt PNiewski 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

View PostFlyingElf, on Apr 15 2010, 01:32 AM, said:

You say that, but it did happen. I met one of my now exs because of that post. Overall, you're absolutely right, it did very little, but to say nobody is false as I know I am not the only one who met someone and dated them because of the thread.

Its just like real life. If you meet a girl at a con and all you have to say is, hey I like anime, you're not likely to get very far. It takes social skills and some confidence. I'm not sure how many people have met me in real life, but I am not exactly the hottest guy out there, but I've dated some girls who were way out of my league looks wise because I know how to talk to a girl. This isn't meant to be bragging, its meant to say that if you want to do it, and you believe you can, you are at least giving yourself a shot. Just don't be that creepy guy who tries too hard. Its a fine line between acting interested and acting needy sometimes...

I stand corrected, but I do think that is true by and large.....

Then again, I always figured at least 25% was luck. But that might be because I always meet the girls I date in some strange fashion. The girl I am currently dating thought I was wearing lifts, so she went over to ask me why. She then tried selling her art to me, and I grabbed her card, and we talked every day until I decided "I should probably be dating this girl."

Oh, and just before I met her, Mock Kappa hit her in the face. True Story.

#22 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:23 AM

good luck, br0.
you'll have a better chance just forum-stalking a girl who seems interesting to you
and approaching her on facebook or something.

#23 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

Keiichi-chan's strategy works.
He knows from experience.
;)

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#24 User is offline   Matt PNiewski 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on Apr 15 2010, 11:23 AM, said:

good luck, br0.
you'll have a better chance just forum-stalking a girl who seems interesting to you

Not my thing, though. Rather meet somebody in person and talk to them. Just preference. That's more or less what happened.

#25 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

View PostKii, on Apr 12 2010, 01:00 PM, said:

OP's forum handle has proven to be pretty fitting.

Seriously, guys.
Come on.

View PostKeiichi-chan, on Apr 15 2010, 11:23 AM, said:

good luck, br0.

C'mon guys, be nice. XD Some people may actually need this thread! And to support it, I shall post, but I'm taken. I like meeting new friends A LOT but like I said. Extremely taken.

Name/Nickname: Krystal
Favorite Anime(s): Elfen Lied, Kuroshitsuji, Hellsing, Higurashi, Turn-A Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam, Excel Saga
Least Favorite: I got a little sick of Inuyasha, but I don't HATE anything...
My personality type: Bubbly, hyper, VERY sassy... But I'm nice. I really hate fighting a lot.
How you may contact me: PM me. I LOVE random PM's. They make me happy.
A talent that I have: I'm in martial arts, I write poetry, I do singing...I'm not sure that these are exactly talents, though. I can do the Thriller dance like none other.

Movies:
Nightmare on Elm Street
anything scary, actually...
Kill Bill
Moulin Rouge
V for Vendetta
Tim Burton films
Comedies

Books:
Phantom of the Opera
The Shining
Misery
The Notebook
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest

Small bio: Um, there's really not much about me...I've been doing martial arts for about half my life, I'm a black belt and I teach classes. I also do motocross, and have my own quad. I like writing a lot, and I LOVE fishing, but I also like just lounging about in my pajamas and playing video games, namely Silent Hill and other survival horror. I dress a lot preppier than my interests are, but I don't dress obnoxiously or anything. At least, I THINK I don't. 0_o But yeah, I LOVE videogames. My favorites are Xbox 360, wii, and DS lite.

Pictures: Just look at my profile picture, because I'm feeling too lazy to post something from photobucket.

This post has been edited by Krystal: 15 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#26 User is offline   Epic_Fail_Guy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on Apr 15 2010, 01:32 AM, said:

You say that, but it did happen. I met one of my now exs because of that post.

Same here; I ended up in a relationship with someone from that thread, whom I first dated in person at con. Lasted for awhile and was pretty serious before it finally ended. Also got a date the year before that from that same thread.

It seems to me that if you're going to be going to ACen, and hoping to get a date for it, the forums should be a logical place to fish around on. Has worked well for me, at least.

#27 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

View PostEpic_Fail_Guy, on Apr 15 2010, 04:13 PM, said:

Same here; I ended up in a relationship with someone from that thread, whom I first dated in person at con. Lasted for awhile and was pretty serious before it finally ended. Also got a date the year before that from that same thread.

It seems to me that if you're going to be going to ACen, and hoping to get a date for it, the forums should be a logical place to fish around on. Has worked well for me, at least.

I agree with you up to the point if you're going to ACen and hoping to get a date for it...That it just setting yourself up to be disappointed. If it happens, awesome, but if you go in expecting it to happen, you'll miss having an awesome time at the convention because you're too worried if that Seras Victoria cosplayer likes you.

And Matt, dating has always had some degree of luck to it. You have to be in the right place at the right time.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#28 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on Apr 15 2010, 04:02 PM, said:

dating has always had some degree of luck to it. You have to be in the right place at the right time.

This. I cannot stress how big of a factor this is.

#29 User is offline   Epic_Fail_Guy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on Apr 15 2010, 04:02 PM, said:

I agree with you up to the point if you're going to ACen and hoping to get a date for it...That it just setting yourself up to be disappointed. If it happens, awesome, but if you go in expecting it to happen, you'll miss having an awesome time at the convention because you're too worried if that Seras Victoria cosplayer likes you.

Whoa there, there is a big difference between having fun with a date at ACen, and having fun at ACen only because you have a date. Saying having a date at con is always a nice time is certainly a different thing than expecting a date or stalking some cosplayer. I would hope that most of the people coming on here are not that desperate, to the point where their con would be a bust or something if they can't find a date there.

#30 User is offline   TruSoldier 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18013

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

From my experience datin and acen dnt go well together but hey got for it I wont listen to my own advice most likely so why should you lmao
But from past experience I ended up havin a stalker from one Acen and a really amazin ex who is also crazy and totally not amazin once she left Acen lol she became super strict and no fun
Thats the bad thing with the interwebs and acen people arnt always the same outside of them

• 60 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users