• This topic is locked

Ps3 Vs Xbox 360 Which one is better?

#1 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

I've had a Wii for a while, and frankly, it stopped being cool about a month after I bought it. The games are lame, and the console overall is just a big disappointment.

I've been weighing between the xbox 360 and the ps3 for some time now, but I'm not really a "gamer" (though I'd like to consider myself one someday) so I really can't figure out which one I like more.

what do you think?
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#2 User is offline   Ven 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11070

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

LOL @ this thread.

Might as well get the festivities started and punch my ticket.

-PS3

#3 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

I used to be pro-Xbox360, but as of recent I've been more in favor of the PS3.

PS3 has the internet.
Internet you don't have to pay for every month separately from your regular internet.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#4 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

Do you want to watch blu ray movies? If so, go PS3. Otherwise this is going to turn into a rather deep Pandora's Box.
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#5 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

This topic will be nothing but a warzone.

It just depends on your tastes.

Pros for PS3.
-Better specs
-better system when coming to it NOT breaking down
-Has some decent exclusives
-has a blu-ray player
-free online

Cons for PS3
-Game selection while containing decent games, is still pretty low (for good games)
-It's online isn't as good as Xbox's online.
-NO backwards compatibility on the new systems. (a bad fact as the ps2 has ALOT of good games if you don't have a ps2)

Pro for 360
-Has alot more good exclusive games
-Has superior online services and player to player activities
-You can connect with MSN and talk to buddies that way
-It's cheaper then the PS3
-Has backwards compatibility, although some games won't play.

Cons for 360
-the big one, Red Rings. Every system will practically get it. Although the newer models are apparently 50/50 on getting it.
-you DO have to play to play online.
-Controller maybe too big for small hands

I have a 360 and like it. I want to get a ps3, but my big reason is it just isn't enough exclusives to make me want to get it.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#6 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on Apr 10 2010, 05:01 PM, said:

Pros for PS3.
-Better specs
-has a blu-ray player
-free online

Cons for PS3
-Game selection while containing decent games, is still pretty low (for good games)
-NO backwards compatibility on the new systems. (a bad fact as the ps2 has ALOT of good games if you don't have a ps2)

Pro for 360

Cons for 360
-the big one, Red Rings. Every system will practically get it. Although the newer models are apparently 50/50 on getting it.
/thread.

I have a 360 and like it. I want to get a ps3, but my big reason is it just (doesn't have) enough exclusives to make me want to get it.
Agreeing with this. Also, Sony's business model essentially robs enough from the sales of digital-distribution games to make it unprofitable. This is the reason a lot of big PSP games aren't available on PSN yet (such as Square-Enix's Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) and why there's next to nothing on the indie PSN games for PS3 unless they've sold more than BRAID. (This, and the unreasonably higher devkit cost) Seeing as I like indie games, this is a major killer for me when it comes to the PS3. Microsoft, on the other hand, encourages the development of indie titles by making XNA reasonably affordable, and only takes a small percentage of sales. (Whereas Sony takes most and tosses the scraps to the developer.) Such $1 greats as I MAED A GAEM W1TH ZOMBIES!!!1 and Shoot1up would be literally impossible to make a profit with on PSN. Steam and Wiiware are also ideal grounds for aspiring indie developers with talent, so Sony has basically alienated themselves as the one company that doesn't seem to care about games made by the community, for the community.

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 10 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#7 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

I agree with you on most points Xeno except the PS3's lack of good exclusive games. I would say that the good exclusive games for the 360 are simply the more popular ones that cater to a wider audience and there are a lot of great games that are overlooked like Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, etc. The other con I would add to the PS3 is a lot of multiplatform games...well the PS3 version almost always seems to have more bugs for some reason. I can only think of once instance where this was the other way around.

The simple answer to the question, or at least what I always tell people. How important is playing games online to you? If you play a ton of stuff online, get a 360. It has a bigger player base and the online is better and you won't mind paying for it if you use it often. If its not as important to you, stick with the PS3. You'll pay more initially, but will make it up over time with not paying for online services.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#8 User is offline   Ven 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on Apr 10 2010, 06:01 PM, said:

Pros for PS3.
-Better specs
-has a blu-ray player
-free online

Cons for PS3

Pro for 360

Cons for 360

I have a 360 and like it. I want to get a ps3, but my big reason is it just isn't enough exclusives to make me want to get it.

I guess I'll focus on your line "It depends on your tastes". Keeping that in mind let's continue.

You say 360 has way more "good" exclusives. Now first off, are we talking about games that are available only on 360? Or the ones that are also on PC? In either case, the statement is false going off some of the top rated games in past years.

These were the highest rated "exclusives" for PS3 and 360 by year

PS3
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-MotorStorm 2
-Resistance 2
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Wipeout HD
-Little Big Planet

-Gears of War 2
-Left 4 Dead (also on PC)
-Fable 3 (also on PC)
-Braid (also on PS3)

PS3
-Uncharted 2
-Demon's Souls
-Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time
-Killzone 2
-MLB 09 The Show
-Flower
-Infamous
-Fat Princess

-Left 4 Dead 2 (also on PC)
-Forza 3
-Halo Wars
-Halo ODST

2010 thus far
PS3
-MLB 10 The Show
-God of War 3
-Heavy Rain
-MAG

-Mass Effect 2 (also on PC)

The trend here (without adding fluff to the list) is that not only is PS3 coming out with more exclusives, true exclusives at that, it's doing it with much more diverse games. Looking at Game of the Year titles, since 2007 except for Super Mario Galaxy and 1 publication giving it to Halo 3, the rest of the GOTY games have either been a multiplatform game or a PS3 exclusive. Sony's 1st party studio is FAR larger than MS. IMO - if there was any system lacking good exclusives then it'd be the 360.

You say 360 is cheaper? Let's make sure we're clear here. The only thing cheaper when considering 360 is the initial purchase price of the $199 Arcade. That's it. The Elite is $299, the same price as the PS3 Slim. Now let's look further into the prices
+ $50 for XBL Gold online play
+ $20 for Plug n Play Batttery pack
+ $100 for Wifi Connection

All these things come standard on the PS3. So you might want to change your statement to "360 is cheaper*"

And if you were unlucky enough to buy an Arcade as your first system, then throw in another $100 for the 60GB 360 proprietary hard drive......

I will save the PSN vs XBL rebuttal for another post when time permits.

View PostSir Viver, on Apr 10 2010, 06:27 PM, said:

/thread.

Agreeing with this. Also, Sony's business model essentially robs enough from the sales of digital-distribution games to make it unprofitable. This is the reason a lot of big PSP games aren't available on PSN yet (such as Square-Enix's Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) and why there's next to nothing on the indie PSN games for PS3 unless they've sold more than BRAID. (This, and the unreasonably higher devkit cost) Seeing as I like indie games, this is a major killer for me when it comes to the PS3. Microsoft, on the other hand, encourages the development of indie titles by making XNA reasonably affordable, and only takes a small percentage of sales. (Whereas Sony takes most and tosses the scraps to the developer.) Such $1 greats as I MAED A GAEM W1TH ZOMBIES!!!1 and Shoot1up would be literally impossible to make a profit with on PSN. Steam and Wiiware are also ideal grounds for aspiring indie developers with talent, so Sony has basically alienated themselves as the one company that doesn't seem to care about games made by the community, for the community.

Considering the PS3 has a ton of indie games going from Flow, Flower (best indie game 2009), NovaStrike, ect on PSN, it's clear you don't know about PS3. Let's not forget how PSN offers the Pub Funds where Sony will match production costs for a game if the company makes it a PSN exclusive. Let's also not forget the new addition of PSN MiniS. Speaking of PSN games, it seems the quality of XBLA games are little lacking compared to PSN games when taking titles like Fat Princess, Wipeout HD, Flower into the equation.

#9 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

ITT, ratings and sales dictate whether a game is good or not. By this logic, Madden is the single best video game series of all time.

Also, great job listing off the plethora of $1 indie games on PSN that are easily worth $5-10+ in entertainment value. ...Whoops, PS3 doesn't have those. Sorry, was mistaking PSN for XBL.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 10 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

#10 User is offline   Ven 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

More so ratings than sales.

I love how you stipulate it to $1 Indie games instead of Indie games. The list could've been lengthened with Critter Crunch, Pixel Junk: Monsters, Eden, Racers, Shooter.. But you'll want to stick the $1 games... :rolleyes:

#11 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

View PostVen, on Apr 10 2010, 07:31 PM, said:

More so ratings than sales.

I love how you stipulate it to $1 Indie games instead of Indie games. The list could've been lengthened with Critter Crunch, Pixel Junk: Monsters, Eden, Racers, Shooter.. But you'll want to stick the $1 games... :rolleyes:

There are plenty of great XBL games that are at the very least on-par with those on PSN, priced roughly the same, and there are more of them. In addition, there are $1 games on XBL. These games are easily worth more, but they are priced low to make more of a profit through volume (same mindset as Greatest Hits games) and the developers have the choice of pricing their games that low.

But I see we're making no progress, so perhaps I should just tell you the truth about everything.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 10 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

#12 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

View PostVen, on Apr 10 2010, 07:09 PM, said:

I guess I'll focus on your line "It depends on your tastes". Keeping that in mind let's continue.

You say 360 has way more "good" exclusives. Now first off, are we talking about games that are available only on 360? Or the ones that are also on PC? In either case, the statement is false going off some of the top rated games in past years.

These were the highest rated "exclusives" for PS3 and 360 by year

PS3
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-MotorStorm 2
-Resistance 2
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Wipeout HD
-Little Big Planet

-Gears of War 2
-Left 4 Dead (also on PC)
-Fable 3 (also on PC)
-Braid (also on PS3)

PS3
-Uncharted 2
-Demon's Souls
-Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time
-Killzone 2
-MLB 09 The Show
-Flower
-Infamous
-Fat Princess

-Left 4 Dead 2 (also on PC)
-Forza 3
-Halo Wars
-Halo ODST

2010 thus far
PS3
-MLB 10 The Show
-God of War 3
-Heavy Rain
-MAG

-Mass Effect 2 (also on PC)

The trend here (without adding fluff to the list) is that not only is PS3 coming out with more exclusives, true exclusives at that, it's doing it with much more diverse games. Looking at Game of the Year titles, since 2007 except for Super Mario Galaxy and 1 publication giving it to Halo 3, the rest of the GOTY games have either been a multiplatform game or a PS3 exclusive. Sony's 1st party studio is FAR larger than MS. IMO - if there was any system lacking good exclusives then it'd be the 360.

You say 360 is cheaper? Let's make sure we're clear here. The only thing cheaper when considering 360 is the initial purchase price of the $199 Arcade. That's it. The Elite is $299, the same price as the PS3 Slim. Now let's look further into the prices
+ $50 for XBL Gold online play
+ $20 for Plug n Play Batttery pack
+ $100 for Wifi Connection

All these things come standard on the PS3. So you might want to change your statement to "360 is cheaper*"

And if you were unlucky enough to buy an Arcade as your first system, then throw in another $100 for the 60GB 360 proprietary hard drive......

I will save the PSN vs XBL rebuttal for another post when time permits.

Considering the PS3 has a ton of indie games going from Flow, Flower (best indie game 2009), NovaStrike, ect on PSN, it's clear you don't know about PS3. Let's not forget how PSN offers the Pub Funds where Sony will match production costs for a game if the company makes it a PSN exclusive. Let's also not forget the new addition of PSN MiniS. Speaking of PSN games, it seems the quality of XBLA games are little lacking compared to PSN games when taking titles like Fat Princess, Wipeout HD, Flower into the equation.

Also going of the fact of personal taste

ratings=/=personal taste. This is obviously biased towards the ps3. But I will tip my hat in favor that with just RATINGS, the ps3 has more exclusives (which you failed to mention Perfect Dark, and Shadow Complex for the 360. I'm quite sure there are more, but slip my mind right now.) Also, when you look at the entire history for both systems, you will see that the ps3's exclusives isn't looking to hot, while the 360's on the other hand, has a few decent titles. It isn't to just recent that one, the ps3 actually good exclusives, and two, being affordable. (and no, that whole "it has a blu ray player" isn't relevant. If I want a bluray player, I'll go buy a blu ray player. And alot of americans thought the exact same with the horrible sales for the ps3. How many systems do you know was getting no profit for many years of its release?

also accessories aren't required to play a system. The only thing you can add on is the harddrive for the Arcade. And there are still 20 GB HDDs that you didn't mention either. Which has more then enough space for gaming. But anyways these are coming in from the having better specs I previously stated.

So let's keep the biased opinions to ourselves?
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#13 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

Look what you've done, sweetbeanpaste.

You've gotten the nerds all ruffled.

Nice work.

ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#14 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

View PostKii, on Apr 10 2010, 07:55 PM, said:

Look what you've done, sweetbeanpaste.

You've gotten the nerds all ruffled.

Nice work.

I already said this would happen.

Eh I can care less since well, I'm neutral. I just wanted to bring an unbiased opinion to help.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#15 User is offline   gantz-lord 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8056

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:02 PM

View PostKii, on Apr 10 2010, 04:39 PM, said:

I used to be pro-Xbox360, but as of recent I've been more in favor of the PS3.

PS3 has the internet.
Internet you don't have to pay for every month separately from your regular internet.

yeah i prefer ps3 for the same reason
Spoiler

~I wasn't even thinkin about the BEAR BAG!!!!!~
方法については朝食の強姦の背の高いグラス <_< say what?!?!
atm i am most likely creepin around on random profiles
| ̄ ̄|
_ |☆☆☆| _
( _⊃`)

#16 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

Why would anyone... use a console to surf the internet...?

#17 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:14 PM

View PostSir Viver, on Apr 10 2010, 08:04 PM, said:

Why would anyone... use a console to surf the internet...?

Youtube for parties.
Duh.

#18 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

View PostKii, on Apr 10 2010, 08:14 PM, said:

Youtube for parties.
Duh.

But... that's what computers are for. :mellow:

#19 User is offline   gantz-lord 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8056

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

View PostSir Viver, on Apr 10 2010, 08:16 PM, said:

But... that's what computers are for. :mellow:

but then everyone has to crowd around a small computer that's volume probably isn't that loud
Spoiler

~I wasn't even thinkin about the BEAR BAG!!!!!~
方法については朝食の強姦の背の高いグラス <_< say what?!?!
atm i am most likely creepin around on random profiles
| ̄ ̄|
_ |☆☆☆| _
( _⊃`)

#20 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on Apr 10 2010, 07:50 PM, said:

also accessories aren't required to play a system. The only thing you can add on is the harddrive for the Arcade. And there are still 20 GB HDDs that you didn't mention either. Which has more then enough space for gaming. But anyways these are coming in from the having better specs I previously stated.

So let's keep the biased opinions to ourselves?

I pretty much agree that it's going to depend on personal tastes, but I'm going to bring this up: the HDD. Microsoft loses this one hands down. With the 360 you're stuck with whatever proprietary hard drives Microsoft decides to release whether its enough space for you or not. With the PS3 all you need to do is buy a 2.5" SATA hard drive, remove the old one, and add the new one. The PS3 formats the HDD and puts the OS on there for you. Takes all of about 15 minutes to do, even for a layman. My PS3 currently has a 500GB hard drive. Even if you're not planning to download much, keep in mind that the saves all go to the local HDD, and now even disc-based games are installing more and more data on the hard drive even if it runs from the disc. Only you would be able to determine how much space is necessary for you, but I personally like the option to upgrade it myself.

It's preferable you do the upgrade before you start playing though, because to do backups you have to have a HDD that is FAT32 formatted, which can be a bit of a pain to do since Windows doesn't do it natively. ~w~

This post has been edited by wrexness: 10 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#21 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:31 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on Apr 10 2010, 05:01 PM, said:

Pros for PS3.
-Better specs
-has a blu-ray player
-free online

Cons for PS3

Pro for 360

Cons for 360

Con for PS3
-Downloads the game instead of instantly playing it

It think it all boils down to personal tastes. Do you care about playing online with people around the country and friends, what games do like that one has more of, etc.

For me, I don't care for playing online that much. My brother plays CoD with his friends online on the 360. I rarely touch the 360. lol The PS3 has more exclusives that I like. More of my friends have PS3s.

I'm not that great of an example since I have all 3 of the new gen systems. lol Just ask yourself questions that could help you figure out which one you want. =)

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#22 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:39 PM

i gotta say PS3, you dont have to pay to go online, the graphics are actually better on PS3, dont try to fight it xbox fans i have a friend who is neutral cause he owns both and even he says ps3s graphics are better, it has a bluray player already installed on it, it does have the yellow line of death which isnt known as much as the red ring of death, ps3 controllers are all wireless and batteryless, unlike xbox you would have to buy a rechargable battery pack for it, when you buy ps3 used it comes with a hard drive unlike xbox, and one of the best things ive heard from someone, when playing COD online its tougher on ps3 because theres more adults playing ps3 and more 12 year olds playing xbox

sorry for the eyesore but im not really good at making paragraphs especially with lists
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#23 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

View PostTiamat97, on Apr 10 2010, 10:39 PM, said:

i gotta say PS3, you dont have to pay to go online, the graphics are actually better on PS3, dont try to fight it xbox fans i have a friend who is neutral cause he owns both and even he says ps3s graphics are better, it has a bluray player already installed on it, it does have the yellow line of death which isnt known as much as the red ring of death, ps3 controllers are all wireless and batteryless, unlike xbox you would have to buy a rechargable battery pack for it, when you buy ps3 used it comes with a hard drive unlike xbox, and one of the best things ive heard from someone, when playing COD online its tougher on ps3 because theres more adults playing ps3 and more 12 year olds playing xbox

sorry for the eyesore but im not really good at making paragraphs especially with lists

Ok, TC needs to seriously post in this thread and say what she has decided. Too many biased opinions are flowing. so this thread needs to be closed soon. It's seriously already getting bad.

Also, that is quite silly saying you only get 12 year olds. BOTH have little kids. It's probably more or less the guy skill isn't good enough to get past said kids on the 360 version. Who knows.

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 10 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#24 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

View PostTiamat97, on Apr 10 2010, 10:39 PM, said:

the graphics are actually better on PS3
This varies on a case-by-case basis.

dont try to fight it xbox fans
Not really an Xbox fan; you don't have to be a fan of something to see the flaws in its competition.

i have a friend who is neutral cause he owns both and even he says ps3s graphics are better,
Then he's not True Neutral, since he hasn't played every cross-platform game out there. Again, case-by-case basis.

ps3 controllers are all wireless and batteryless,
Calling complete BS on this "batteryless" claim. There is an internal battery. And guess what? If your battery actually dies before the controller (a rarity with first-party Sony controllers with me, and I take DAMN good care of my stuff), YOU WIN GETTING TO BUY A WHOLE NEW CONTROLLER instead of just a detachable battery pack. (unless you want to take your PS3 controller apart and have a supplier for its specific batteries) Also, the advantages of a detachable battery entail the controller itself costing less, so you can save the battery pack for the next controller, should your 360 controller (or Wiimote, for that matter) ever decide to inevitably die.

unlike xbox you would have to buy a rechargable battery pack for it,
See previous statement.

when you buy ps3 used it comes with a hard drive unlike xbox,
This depends entirely on where you buy it. If you limit yourself to Gamestop, shame on you.

and one of the best things ive heard from someone, when playing COD online its tougher on ps3 because theres more adults playing ps3 and more 12 year olds playing xbox
IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY BROWSING 4CHAN NOW. See Xenoblade's statement.

Christ. All three consoles this gen are pretty flawed in their own ways, but when someone posts this many fallacies praising one and thrashing another, I can't help but step in and play devils' advocate. Granted, there's a good share of Xbots out there, but I personally haven't seen nearly as many of them online as the Sony Defense Force. They also seem rather content just sitting back and bro-ing out with Halo 3, as opposed to going out of their way to be pretentious.

I miss the old days. "Genesis does what Nintendon't" and such. The companies did all the brutal, playground-insult advertisements, and they were thoroughly entertaining. Nowadays, they rarely even bother to directly compare their product to the competition; they have their fanboys to do the work for them. What's worse is the "if you don't like my system you're a fanboy of the others" mentality. Really? I've enjoyed 5 or 6 exclusives on the 360, 7 or 8 Wii exclusives, and one PS3 exclusive.

Final thought: This whole current generation sucks, in comparison to every previous gen. If it weren't for PC not getting the games I want, I'd be a PC gamer by now. Can we just stop arguing about which console sucks less?

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 10 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

#25 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

View PostSir Viver, on Apr 10 2010, 11:21 PM, said:

IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY BROWSING 4CHAN NOW

youre right, especially since no one can post their own opinion without it being torn to shreads anymore, i was just stating what i know between the two
My internship

#26 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618
  • Location:Barrington, IL - US / London, England - UK )( Sector 7C

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

I have both. Personaly I like the ps3 better do to the capibalities, Mainly BluRay and internet. On the same note - Gamewise, they're about the same. If youre into shooters, more are avalible for 360; RPGs ps3. Keep in mind less and less exclusives will be coming out do to the financial market. so both markets will most likely carry the same game.

The choice is yours
"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#27 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

View PostSir Viver, on Apr 10 2010, 11:21 PM, said:

This varies on a case-by-case basis.Not really an Xbox fan; you don't have to be a fan of something to see the flaws in its competition.Then he's not True Neutral, since he hasn't played every cross-platform game out there. Again, case-by-case basis. Calling complete BS on this "batteryless" claim. There is an internal battery. And guess what? If your battery actually dies before the controller (a rarity with first-party Sony controllers with me, and I take DAMN good care of my stuff), YOU WIN GETTING TO BUY A WHOLE NEW CONTROLLER instead of just a detachable battery pack. (unless you want to take your PS3 controller apart and have a supplier for its specific batteries) Also, the advantages of a detachable battery entail the controller itself costing less, so you can save the battery pack for the next controller, should your 360 controller (or Wiimote, for that matter) ever decide to inevitably die.See previous statement.This depends entirely on where you buy it. If you limit yourself to Gamestop, shame on you.IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY BROWSING 4CHAN NOW. See Xenoblade's statement.

WRONG!!! There's a usb cord that you use to charge it up. You connect one end to the controller and the other to the PS3. It's like a wired controller. lol

I actually hooked my controller to the PS3 the firsts time I used it. I didn't even know it was wireless until my boyfriend told me. lol

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#28 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

View PostLina, on Apr 10 2010, 11:44 PM, said:

WRONG!!! There's a usb cord that you use to charge it up. You connect one end to the controller and the other to the PS3. It's like a wired controller. lol
When you recharge something, you're incrementally chipping away at its integrity. DS and PSP batteries, for example, hold noticeably less of a charge after a hundred or so recharges. Without the physical medium for power storage being easily replaced by the user, a rechargeable product is incredibly flawed.

View PostTiamat97, on Apr 10 2010, 11:26 PM, said:

youre right, especially since no one can post their own opinion without it being torn to shreads anymore, i was just stating what i know between the two
This is why I do my research. When you make statements in an objective matter (ex: "better," "the best") rather than a subjective one (ex: "I prefer this more," "my favorite"), make sure your statements can be confirmed.

This post has been edited by Sir Viver: 10 April 2010 - 10:55 PM

#29 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:51 PM

View PostLina, on Apr 10 2010, 11:44 PM, said:

yeah theres the charging cord but how else are you going to charge an internal battery without a charging station? there are some times when your playing your game and need to hook it up to charge but your mostly playing it off the cord, constant charging of batteries only kills them faster after all
My internship

#30 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:57 PM

View PostTiamat97, on Apr 10 2010, 11:51 PM, said:

yeah theres the charging cord but how else are you going to charge an internal battery without a charging station? there are some times when your playing your game and need to hook it up to charge but your mostly playing it off the cord, constant charging of batteries only kills them faster after all
360 has this, as well. The only current-gen console which lacks a charge cord (for obvious reasons) is the Wii.

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users