Dr. Who - All New For those Who 've seen the sneak peek on BBC tonight

#1 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618
  • Location:Barrington, IL - US / London, England - UK )( Sector 7C

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:16 PM

My DVR recorded the newest Dr. Who. I heard from my family in the States they saw it too. Anyone else? And yes, I'd nab Ms. Pond too :thumbup:

This post has been edited by S1NN3R: 03 April 2010 - 11:21 PM

"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#2 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Forums Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

Love the new assistant, but not sure on the new doctor. Waiting for the second episode to see where he takes it, as he's trying hard to act like the 10th it seems to me. But as it's not uncommon for a new doctor to act like an old one... well, as I said I'll wait and see :>
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#3 User is offline   Sweet Sunshine 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19529

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:21 AM

Did kind of expect the new guy to act like the 10th doctor for a while since he was sooooo very popular, and a pretty inspiring guy. :o Hoping the 11th will be able to make his mark though, he should be good! Haven't seen the new episode myself yet, my friend still has it. XD Exciteeeeeeed~!

(P.S.-I miss Doctor Donna ;_;)

#4 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Forums Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:34 AM

View PostSweet Sunshine, on Apr 4 2010, 01:21 AM, said:

Did kind of expect the new guy to act like the 10th doctor for a while since he was sooooo very popular, and a pretty inspiring guy. :o Hoping the 11th will be able to make his mark though, he should be good! Haven't seen the new episode myself yet, my friend still has it. XD Exciteeeeeeed~!

(P.S.-I miss Doctor Donna ;_;)

I miss Romana when she starts looking like the princess...one xD

Romana: lets take a look at where we are
+scanner opens+
Doctor: Oh look, rocks!
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"

#5 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ADA Compliance DH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:56 AM

Wait...it's not on BBCA yet.

(yes I've seen it. No I didn't see it on BBCAmerica. That's not til the 17th.)

David is still my Doctor, hands down. Tom is still my very close second. But Matt is quickly moving up to number 3. The man wrote fanfic to get ready for the role. That right there was enough to gain my love! Plus he's got a Scottish assistant, and he was hilarious!

I'm looking forward to seeing what Moffat's got in store. I see some of his previous characters coming up, plus the Daleks are back, again, and looks like some new threats.

Oh and I need more close up good looks at Amy's scarf. Like, NOW. *itching to knit another scarf cuz I'm insane*
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Chi-Fi 2014: Frazzled staffer! Maybe Ghostbuster.
C2E2 2014: Ghostbuster, Simmons from Agents of SHIELD ; Youmacon 2014: Ace from Doctor Who, Ghostbuster, maybe Captain Marvelous
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Merida from Brave, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#6 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:28 AM

Well, I'm just on the outskirts of London so no probs here. Bit of a time difference though. Matt is really a decent actor, give him a chance, he'll grow on you.

As for the "acting" like the tenth, that's for transitions. Not only for the public but for the actors as well. They have an idea of who the Dr. is but not Who he is. thus Apples and Fish Custard. How else do you explain being the same yet compleatly new?

From the previews here (Brit Tv) Donna, at the very least will have a camio or two.

My main hype is his name. Do we finally hear it?

Question to the masses, What does it mean for a time lord to hear their name?

Contact Me

#7 User is offline   iHane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19148

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:05 AM

I liked the new Doctor.
I live in America, but I've seen it.

He does kind of remind me of the 10th Doctor, but it's kind of hard not to - like it's already been said, he's kind of inspirational.
Plus. He kinda flirted with the TARDIS. :3 Brownie Points the for that.
Not attending ACen 2012 due to a college final. :(

"Are there rats running amuck? Are we running low on cheese?"

#8 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ADA Compliance DH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

View PostS1NN3R, on Apr 4 2010, 04:28 AM, said:

From the previews here (Brit Tv) Donna, at the very least will have a camio or two.

DONNA? ARE YOU SERIOUS? I haven't heard anything about that and I follow some of the filming photogs like a hawk.

I am really really REALLY curious to see what the Moff's got in store for River. Including if they're gonna say his name. She looks SO different but it's totally her. I knew River was back months...no, a year ago. I think it was around Jan/Feb of last year that she was spotted. (see what I mean about following the filming ;) Although I kind of had a feeling she'd be back as soon as I saw the eps, and even more so when Moffat was announced as taking over.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
C2E2 2014: Ghostbuster, Simmons from Agents of SHIELD ; Youmacon 2014: Ace from Doctor Who, Ghostbuster, maybe Captain Marvelous

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#9 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10462

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

They're supposed to have a special screening of the first two episodes at the C2E2 convention in Chicago's McCormick Place before it's on BBC America. At first I hated the new Doctor, but he's starting to grow on me. Give the guy some credit, he's got big shoes to fill.

#10 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Forums Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

I *really* hate the new logo though.

And green sonic screwdriver? Just no :<

Also, if Donna shows back up I will have to bash my head in, because I hate her almost as much as Adric and wish her the same end :<
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#11 User is offline   *McManray* 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 26939

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

Even though it wasn't a perfect episode, I still really enjoyed it. Matt Smith managed to shatter any of my lingering fears about regarding this new series.
(>'_')>"it's bio-digital jazz, man"<('_'<)

ACen 2011 cosplays:
Utena Tenjou
Elsea de Lute Irma
Talho Yuki
Melfina

#12 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2403

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

I loved the new episode. Matt Smith will never replace David Tennant for me. Matt was pretty good though as the 11th, I was really nervous XD The rest of the season looks fantastic though, I'm looking forward to it.

I hate the sonic screwdriver. Green, REALLY?

Not a big fan of the logo or the theme.

I'll die happy if we can get another Captain Jack cameo at some point.
Visit my devart, if you dare.

ACen 2013 Cosplays:
Dean Winchester - Supernatural
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians

http://www.neopets.c...name=wolfdog173

#13 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ADA Compliance DH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:09 AM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Apr 4 2010, 03:24 PM, said:

I *really* hate the new logo though.

And green sonic screwdriver? Just no :<

Also, if Donna shows back up I will have to bash my head in, because I hate her almost as much as Adric and wish her the same end :<

*sniff* I don't know if we can be friends anymore. :-P Donna is one of my absolute favourite companions (she ties Jack...he was my fave until she opened her mouth), and she is WAY better than Adric. Heck, Donna would probably talk Adric to death then shove him out the door into the vortex. (nooooo I don't need a plot bunny of Donna shoving Adric into the vortex, go away bunnies!)

View PostDoggeh, on Apr 5 2010, 03:23 PM, said:

I'll die happy if we can get another Captain Jack cameo at some point.

Me too! Apparently Matt did chat with John for a bit a while back, John felt like he was cheating on David :) but they both want Jack to show up again. So I'm hoping!!! Moffat has to write Jack, he created the character in the first place!! (and I will be disappointed if Matt doesn't pull a banana-gun swap on Jack)

#14 User is offline   Sweet Sunshine 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:17 AM

Saw the episode, analysis:

New Screwdriver: Green is cool, I like it. XD ...Blue is better. : |

New logo: WHAT. D: WHAT. BBC, WHAT. It looks like Transformers hacked your opening layout, srsly. D:

New Doctor: SXHsipaghcfoiafrio;wgfdoe I love this man. <3 So squirrely and goofy looking, but man does he play a good hero~ I'm excited for this season, veeeery excited. :3

P.S.-Darn it, now I'm gonna spend the entire season staring at Amy's shiny, pretty hair. D: Crud.

This post has been edited by Sweet Sunshine: 07 April 2010 - 12:19 AM

#15 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:29 AM

So, my roommate started educating me on Doctor Who and Torchwood back in September. I'm still not completely caught up, but in the mean time we watched End of Time on Friday, and then Saturday, when the new episode came out, we watched it together and then I sat and watched while my roomie flailed and fangasmed like crazy. XD

Personally, I liked it. I liked that the new companion was someone who had known the Doctor since she was a little girl. I also thought the whole montage of the different Doctors was absolutely epic.

"I"m the Doctor. Run." =win
Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#16 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:12 AM

View PostKaay-chan, on Apr 7 2010, 01:29 AM, said:

"I"m the Doctor. Run." =win

That quote never gets old. Almost a staple with the Dr. I can't wait 'til Friday.

Contact Me

#17 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Forums Manager
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

View PostKnitChick, on Apr 7 2010, 01:09 AM, said:

*sniff* I don't know if we can be friends anymore. :-P Donna is one of my absolute favourite companions (she ties Jack...he was my fave until she opened her mouth), and she is WAY better than Adric. Heck, Donna would probably talk Adric to death then shove him out the door into the vortex. (nooooo I don't need a plot bunny of Donna shoving Adric into the vortex, go away bunnies!)

Can we not just shove them both out the door? :<

Ugh she's so stupid. I just haven't liked any of the assistants really of the new doctors. Rose was tolerable but she can diaf with Donna and Adric :<
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#18 User is offline   Arrow 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 50787

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

I pretty much died of happy when I watched the episode. I was a huge fan of both the Ninth and Tenth Doctors, and I'm pretty sure that Eleven will be just as fantastic in his own crazy way.

As for the sonic screwdriver? I don't mind the green. I mean... the Tardis has gotten several makeovers, so why not a small handheld prop? Makes sense to me. The new logo is a wee bit... much, methinks, but I'm not one to complain too much about that sort of change. I'm just happy that the new season is airing.
Cosplay Plottings 2011
metagross | pokemon | o15%
hiccup | httyd | o20%
prussia | hetalia | 050%

#19 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

View PostArrow, on Apr 7 2010, 03:32 PM, said:

I pretty much died of happy when I watched the episode. I was a huge fan of both the Ninth and Tenth Doctors, and I'm pretty sure that Eleven will be just as fantastic in his own crazy way.

As for the sonic screwdriver? I don't mind the green. I mean... the Tardis has gotten several makeovers, so why not a small handheld prop? Makes sense to me. The new logo is a wee bit... much, methinks, but I'm not one to complain too much about that sort of change. I'm just happy that the new season is airing.

I love how I told you about this topic at lunch and when I finally come around to checking it, you've posted. =p
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

-Sidney Sheldon

#20 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

View PostArrow, on Apr 7 2010, 03:32 PM, said:

Although the retake/new run is up to date with fx, the storylines were not half bad in the original run. As for the "GREEN" screwdriver, it's not all that new. David (Tenth Dr.) has already used it and it's meaning is going to be... Well look back on previous Eps. to figure it out.

"You're not my Dr. Your eyes are much too young."

Contact Me

#21 User is offline   Sweet Sunshine 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:04 AM

View PostS1NN3R, on Apr 8 2010, 12:58 AM, said:

Although the retake/new run is up to date with fx, the storylines were not half bad in the original run. As for the "GREEN" screwdriver, it's not all that new. David (Tenth Dr.) has already used it and it's meaning is going to be... Well look back on previous Eps. to figure it out.

"You're not my Dr. Your eyes are much too young."

Holy crap, you're right! D: I completely forgot about the green screwdriver and the...spoilers spoilers spoilers, but yes, you're right, I forgot that it had to show up eventually. :o

#22 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

FYI: I still want to know what's in that book :)

Contact Me

#23 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:14 AM

Sometimes (read as all the time) I wish the dorm cable actually got something better than 20 sport channels.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#24 User is offline   Prime Evil 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 50607

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:21 AM

View PostSweet Sunshine, on Apr 7 2010, 01:17 AM, said:

New logo: WHAT. D: WHAT. BBC, WHAT. It looks like Transformers hacked your opening layout, srsly. D:

Somehow, I think the "DW TARDIS" in the logo is more reminiscent of Scooby Doo's dog-tag.

#25 User is offline   Professor_Hojo @_@ 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10054

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

Watched the new episode on YouTube on Sunday. I thought it was pretty damn good. This should be a good season. I'm glad were getting the episodes so soon after the UK. It would suck to wait like 6 months to a year to see it.
ACen '12 Cosplays!!: ??????????????????

Visit me on Facebook! Tumblr! Twitter! DeviantArt!

#26 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

View PostProfessor_Hojo @_@, on Apr 8 2010, 07:17 PM, said:

Watched the new episode on YouTube on Sunday. I thought it was pretty damn good. This should be a good season. I'm glad were getting the episodes so soon after the UK. It would suck to wait like 6 months to a year to see it.

Could you please post or PM a link to it? All I'm finding there are previews and 'meet the cast' stuff.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#27 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:39 AM

View PostDave, on Apr 8 2010, 08:31 PM, said:

Could you please post or PM a link to it? All I'm finding there are previews and 'meet the cast' stuff.

Sent via PM. Enjoy:D

As it turns out, youtube is pulling any and all postings until after the 17th per their agreement with BBC. <_< I'll keep an eye out for other means...

This post has been edited by S1NN3R: 09 April 2010 - 01:54 AM

Contact Me

#28 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

View PostS1NN3R, on Apr 9 2010, 02:39 AM, said:

Sent via PM. Enjoy:D

As it turns out, youtube is pulling any and all postings until after the 17th per their agreement with BBC. <_< I'll keep an eye out for other means...

I got all of the PMs, thanks to everyone who sent them.

At this point, I might as well wait. It's only going to be another week.

Just a week...

Just a week...

Just a week...
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#29 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ADA Compliance DH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

View PostDave, on Apr 9 2010, 11:13 PM, said:

I got all of the PMs, thanks to everyone who sent them.

At this point, I might as well wait. It's only going to be another week.

Just a week...

Just a week...

Just a week...

Darn... you mean I need to try and keep my mouth shut all day tomorrow? Though I suppose I can focus instead on how to make a Nyssa costume...

#30 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

View PostKnitChick, on Apr 10 2010, 12:13 AM, said:

Darn... you mean I need to try and keep my mouth shut all day tomorrow? Though I suppose I can focus instead on how to make a Nyssa costume...

Wouldn't using spoiler tags suffice?

This post has been edited by Kaay-chan: 10 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

-Sidney Sheldon

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users