Anime Central Forums: The 3rd Anime Central Tournament Of Anime - Anime Central Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The 3rd Anime Central Tournament Of Anime

#301 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:56 AM

Mononoke. ^^
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#302 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:09 PM

Cowboy Bebop
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#303 User is offline   chamgirl89 

• Tentacle Glomper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10098

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

mononoke!
Tekosexual

cosplay plans for '14- Friday: Battle City Mai Valentine (Yugioh), gijinka Tentacool (Pokemon). Saturday: Casual Mamoru (Sailor Moon), Gracia Hughes (original FMA), Lady Bow (Paper Mario), Fluttershy (MLP: Friendship is Magic)

add me on Facebook!

#304 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

View PostAngel of Death, on May 7 2010, 03:53 PM, said:

Bebop gets my vote.

I vote shows over movies mostly because I find it more difficult to have a story hold your attention for 26 episodes (appx. 9-10 hours), then it is for a movie usually 1-2 hours. So for the ability for a studio to make a single story line hold my attention for 10 hours they will get my vote. It is much more difficult, in my opinion, to make something to hold the audience's attention for 10 hours, then for only 2 hours.

But with that said. Mononoke is an awesome piece of work, and I will not be disappointed if it wins.

yeah, but also with a series of 26 episodes you get more room to screw up.
you;re allowed to have crappy episodes and boring plot lines here and there with a series.
with a movie you have to maintain quality from beginning to end for the entire two hours with a much
smaller margin for poor quality--if you screw up, there's no room to do it better next time with the
next episode with a movie.

#305 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 09 May 2010 - 10:12 PM

The final results of the 2010 Anime Central Tournament of Anime:
Third Place: Grave of the Fireflies
Second Place: Cowboy Bebop
First Place: Princess Mononoke
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#306 User is offline   Angel of Death 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5455

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:08 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on May 9 2010, 01:50 PM, said:

yeah, but also with a series of 26 episodes you get more room to screw up.
you;re allowed to have crappy episodes and boring plot lines here and there with a series.
with a movie you have to maintain quality from beginning to end for the entire two hours with a much
smaller margin for poor quality--if you screw up, there's no room to do it better next time with the
next episode with a movie.

We are basically saying the same thing. the root of what we are saying is the same :thumbup:

And personally I believe Bebop did not screw up at all in the 26 episodes. therefore as you said it is much more likely to have a tv series screwed up than it is for a movie. And because they did not screw it up (in my opinion) that is why it is a awesome piece of work.

That being said. I still agree that Mononoke is also an awesome piece of work and deserves all the respect and admiration that it gets.

As a parting note for now: I have seen people say that they won't vote for Bebop this year because it won last year. I do realize that this is strictly a opinion vote, but saying that is just silly. If Bebop was better then, it is better now too. It should have only been voted out if a new anime was better, not something that was previously beat by it. It's like voting for a new president just so you have a new guy, and saying: "Well the president we have now is the best president ever...but hew won election last time. Let's give the new guy a chance, even though he lost last time." The thought process is what interests me. But anyways, gratz to Mononoke!

Edit: Going off what Keiichi said about tv and movie being different at points...For next time if we want to compare apples to apples. Try a bracket of anime movies vs. other anime movies, and anime tv shows vs. other anime tv shows. So instead of Mononoke vs. Cowboy Bebop TV, it could be Mononoke vs. Cowboy Bepop the Movie.
'09 Cosplays
Justin - Soul Eater (planning)
Walter - Hellsing - 100% (retiring?)
Death the Kid - Soul Eater - 100% (2 versions see my cosplay profile)
Keiichi Morisato - Ah! My Goddess - 100%

My Cosplay Profile

#307 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:56 AM

And personally I believe Bebop did not screw up at all in the 26 episodes. therefore as you said it is much more likely to have a tv series screwed up than it is for a movie. And because they did not screw it up (in my opinion) that is why it is a awesome piece of work.

no, i'm saying it's easier to screw up a movie because you have less time to tell the
story, introduce characters, etc.

i'm saying this because all the episodes of bebop i really enjoyed were the stand-alones,
not the canon, overall spike v. vicious+julie thing. if the series were condensed into a movie,
it would probably be THAT story and i wouldn't have enjoyed it at all.
still, i enjoyed bebop better than mononoke overall.

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users