Anime Central Forums: Button Button, Who's Got The Button? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Button Button, Who's Got The Button?

#1 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Post icon  Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

Note: For all other con attendees: If you just want to order something custom to be picked up at con, there is no minimum. Order just one if you like!

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Artists wanting buttons of their art to sell at their table:

Here's the deal: I sell a wide variety of buttons and button accessories, and know that many artists don't have the finances to get or time to use their own button maker but still want to provide a selection of goods with their artwork on it. What I can do for you is use my time and energy to assemble the buttons for you, with your artwork, and either ship or provide at con pickup of the finished product.

I do this at a wholesale price, because this is a full time business for me (not just conventions, I sell through my website and local shop) and I purchase in large quantities so I can offer a price break that allows you to resell. I use a high production button maker, solid steel, no plastic bits! I regularly do sales of 1000 at a time, (though my minimum for you is just 50!) and can take orders right up to the week before ACEN (for pickup orders).

All you have to do is PM or email me for the details (that way we're not cluttering the forums with all the questions I need). Once I know what you want, you send me the artwork (preferably in digital form, I dislike the thought of something lost in the mail), and I will format it to button form. I will then send a proof file over, so you can see how it will look as a button, and once approved, I proceed with printing (through a professional print shop), and assembly.

What you can order:
2 1/4" buttons - pin back, magnet, mirror, keychain, bottle opener (ask me about photos on your button!)
1 1/4" buttons - pin back, magnet, keychain, zipper pull
1" buttons (tiny!) - pin back, magnet, keychain, zipper pull

Examples on my site: http://www.disjointe...m/store/buttons

Thanks for reading, and feel free to post or PM questions. biggrin.gif
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#2 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

Thank you for reminding me, I almost totally forgot

I need to e-mail you later today about my request that I sent a while ago. I'll be going through with it, I just need to gather my specifics together. ^^

#3 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

Cool! I would have given you a nudge if I didn't hear from you soon. ;)
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.

#4 User is offline   AgentHazel 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 47545

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

This is awesome. I will keep that offer in mind when I get ready to make buttons :)

#5 User is offline   Accidental Suicide Bomber 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17156

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:02 AM

This is a great alternative for people who can't really afford to get their own button press. I will have to keep you in mind if I get a table next year :3

Quick question, what can we -the artists- do to make your job easier when providing artwork to put on buttons? I'm sure having some correctly formatted artwork from the start would be very helpful to you as the printer/button maker.
IRT Hotline: (224) 325-4042
Because all of Acen shouldn't have to pay for the actions of one idiot.

-I ran a room for acen 2011, and intend to run one for 2012. A link will go here when I make a reservation.-

#6 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:06 AM

When you contact me about buttons, I provide (given that you use the program) a preformatted file in Photoshop that explains exactly how to set it up.

Otherwise, I'm happy to take your straight artwork, and lay it out and send a copy back for you to approve (since I work in a circle for my artwork all the time, I can often suggest the best setup based on your art). Some people draw custom work especially to fit a button, and some just opt to crop to make it work.

If you like, stop by my table this year, and I'll be happy to give you some blank circles to sketch on so you get an idea ahead of time on how best to fit your characters.

#7 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

BUMP Getting down to the wire gang. Any more orders for this year will need to be in by this SATURDAY 12 midnight EST at the LATEST.

#8 User is offline   Noshi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 35617

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

I visited your site because this service sounds like a great idea! But when I clicked on the Large (2.25") button, I got a Page Not Found error. You might want to check it out. Congrats on the great service idea!
Noshi, chief webmonkey of Katsuyama Studios
We had a great time in ACen Artist's Alley 2010!

#9 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Ah, thank you. I was revamping the list of buttons (I retire some each year) and have not gotten my list of designs online - fixed the link!

I generally take orders through here as I am giving a special rate to AA folks that I don't advertise on my site. ;)

#10 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

So wait, I send you a message now saying I want a keychain or something and then we handle things at the con? *confused*
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#11 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

Yes. It's a way to get a custom order that you can pick up at the con. If you have artwork that you've drawn and want to send to me, I get it printed up and complete the order, then you come pick it up from me. You save shipping, and get a chance to get something buttonized that you might not have otherwise.

For artists, you can have a way to get product to sell without the shipping time and minimum requirements of other sites (or owning a machine yourself).

For regular congoers - maybe you have art you draw but not enough of it to sell in the Alley, and you think it would be cool to get it on a button. Or a favorite photo of you and your friend. OR you're cosplaying someone who wears certain buttons.

=) If it's a large order, you pay me through paypal (I invoice you). If it's a small order, you just pay at the con.

If you just want something you saw on my site, well, you don't really need to pre-order as I should have them all on hand.

Hope that clears it up!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users