• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Programming Schedule, Etc, Pickup?

#1 User is offline   Li Syaoran 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4311

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

First off, my bad if this is in the wrong board. Mods, toss it to the right board if it's in the wrong place. Appreciate it.

I'm not new to the whole A'cen gig. I've been doing this since 2004 with my aunt (Nevermind my being unable to drive, she knows her way around, having lived and worked there for a long time, plus I'd never drive in / around Chicagoland if my life depended on it.., it's like taking a trip down to the bowels of the nether-world). Anyways, usually the routine each year has been to go down there on Thurs. evening to get our badges, along with finalized programming schedules, guest list/con rules/autograph books and whatever else you folks throw into those grab bags. (Those bags are useful for hauling around my camera and other stuff).

Not so this year. I figured it would be easier, due to I-94 construction on MY side of the IL-WI border (I'm on the WI side) which will slow us down a bit, to just have our badges mailed this year, and we'll just be crashing at her home for that weekend. I just got mine in the mail today (Whoohoo!), and will just be going straight down (from the Racine/Kenosha county line) to the con early Fri Morning. That will be quite a trip ...not quite looking towards the rush hour traffic, but I'm used to it now.

There's only one caveat though. Where, when and how do I go about getting that swag bag if I already have my badge?

Thanks much. Looking forwards to A'cen the 13th. I'm liking the guest list so far. At least 4 of the VAs I've heard of since they've all been in dubs I enjoyed.
~ Anime Cheesehead since 1996 ~
(12 Years and Still Going...)
Gateway anime: Dragonball (1995 dub version) / Samurai Pizza Cats
-----
Going 'Back In That Same Old Place - Sweet Home, Chicago"
ACen'10: May 14-16 @ Rosemont (Chicago) IL
~~Cosplays~~
Friday: Ryuuki Shi (Saiunkoku Monogatari) (New for '10)
Saturday: Hakuoro (Utawarerumono) (from '08)

For Next Year: Romeo (Romeo x Juliet)

#2 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & ACen Secretary
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

View PostLi Syaoran, on Mar 24 2010, 08:46 PM, said:

First off, my bad if this is in the wrong board. Mods, toss it to the right board if it's in the wrong place. Appreciate it.

I'm not new to the whole A'cen gig. I've been doing this since 2004 with my aunt (Nevermind my being unable to drive, she knows her way around, having lived and worked there for a long time, plus I'd never drive in / around Chicagoland if my life depended on it.., it's like taking a trip down to the bowels of the nether-world). Anyways, usually the routine each year has been to go down there on Thurs. evening to get our badges, along with finalized programming schedules, guest list/con rules/autograph books and whatever else you folks throw into those grab bags. (Those bags are useful for hauling around my camera and other stuff).

Not so this year. I figured it would be easier, due to I-94 construction on MY side of the IL-WI border (I'm on the WI side) which will slow us down a bit, to just have our badges mailed this year, and we'll just be crashing at her home for that weekend. I just got mine in the mail today (Whoohoo!), and will just be going straight down (from the Racine/Kenosha county line) to the con early Fri Morning. That will be quite a trip ...not quite looking towards the rush hour traffic, but I'm used to it now.

There's only one caveat though. Where, when and how do I go about getting that swag bag if I already have my badge?

Thanks much. Looking forwards to A'cen the 13th. I'm liking the guest list so far. At least 4 of the VAs I've heard of since they've all been in dubs I enjoyed.

You can pick up your program guide and schedules in Registration. They have an area for pick up of such things and lanyard for hte mailed badges.
Convention Officer:Secretary 2009-2014
MAPS Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#3 User is offline   Li Syaoran 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4311

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on Mar 24 2010, 09:03 PM, said:

You can pick up your program guide and schedules in Registration. They have an area for pick up of such things and lanyard for hte mailed badges.

Woah! That was QUICK! Thanks much. :)

Now all that's left is the completion of my new cosplay for the year and I'm all set. It's always around this time of year I start to get psyched. As I put down before, I'm looking forwards to it.
~ Anime Cheesehead since 1996 ~
(12 Years and Still Going...)
Gateway anime: Dragonball (1995 dub version) / Samurai Pizza Cats
-----
Going 'Back In That Same Old Place - Sweet Home, Chicago"
ACen'10: May 14-16 @ Rosemont (Chicago) IL
~~Cosplays~~
Friday: Ryuuki Shi (Saiunkoku Monogatari) (New for '10)
Saturday: Hakuoro (Utawarerumono) (from '08)

For Next Year: Romeo (Romeo x Juliet)

#4 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

I was wondering if it's possible for people who won't be going through the line to get one of those bags with the program and whatnot. Last year my badge was mailed to me so I had no reason to go to reg and ended up having to borrow my buddies' con books since they had em. (Sorry if this is the wrong section! >>; )
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#5 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

View PostTrini, on Mar 26 2010, 11:03 PM, said:

I was wondering if it's possible for people who won't be going through the line to get one of those bags with the program and whatnot. Last year my badge was mailed to me so I had no reason to go to reg and ended up having to borrow my buddies' con books since they had em. (Sorry if this is the wrong section! >>; )

I'm sure I've seen this answered elsewhere, but yes, you still get a swag bag. It's in the reg area and I don't know if they're planning the same set up this year, but last year you just went straight to the back, skipping the lines, grabbed your bag and left. Just head over to the reg area and they'll be able to point you to the swag bags, depending on how things are laid out. :)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#6 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

You can pick up your lanyard, program book and schedule in hall A

There will be a seperate table for that like last year.

:3

#7 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

Oh cool. Thanks much~! Sorry if this is a repeat topic too. ^^;
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#8 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 54503

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:29 PM

What does this swag bag include? You get a cool bag and what else?

Does everyone get one or are there limited quanities?

What did you guys get in the past? I'm curious to know. :P

Also can someone provide an example of what program books looked like in the past? Like if anyone have any pictures or formats that I could look at? Thanks!

This post has been edited by sailormoon846212: 24 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

#9 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

View Postsailormoon846212, on Apr 24 2010, 01:29 PM, said:

What does this swag bag include? You get a cool bag and what else?

Does everyone get one or are there limited quanities?

What did you guys get in the past? I'm curious to know. :P

Also can someone provide an example of what program books looked like in the past? Like if anyone have any pictures or formats that I could look at? Thanks!

I believe I heard that this year we didn't get any swag donated so it's just the program book and lanyard. As far as pics of past program books...I've not seen them online anywhere. But the program book is different every year. It'll be a fun surprise to see what it looks like! (honestly, even we don't get to see them early, I'm looking forward to seeing the program book!)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#10 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 54503

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know. ^_^

I appreciate all the help you guys are providing me with, I am so excited and want to be extra prepared.

#11 User is offline   DigiDragon 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17565

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

Could I borrow this thread and ask a sort of related question? :X What if you've paid for your badge but forgot to have it mailed? I did that this year and I was wondering if I'll have to stand in the long, long line to pick it up, or if there's a designated area for just those who have already paid online.

#12 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

View PostDigiDragon, on Apr 27 2010, 04:17 PM, said:

Could I borrow this thread and ask a sort of related question? :X What if you've paid for your badge but forgot to have it mailed? I did that this year and I was wondering if I'll have to stand in the long, long line to pick it up, or if there's a designated area for just those who have already paid online.

Long line? What long line? ;)

If you paid online but did not choose mailing, you will go to the Will Call booths. Bring your photo ID and they will pull out your badge, you should be in and out in no time!

#13 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

View PostDigiDragon, on Apr 27 2010, 04:17 PM, said:

Anyone that paid for their badge online goes to the Will-Call section.

If still need to pay for your badge you go in the regular registration line.

If you are over the age of 16 we will need an ID that states your date of birth/age.

FYI: As of last year there is no such thing as a long line in reg. :thumbup:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users