Anime Central Forums: Wig Help - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wig Help

#1 User is offline   jackspicer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522
  • Posts: 2,631
  • Joined: 05-January 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

Does anyone know a wig commissioner that can do this wig in a different color:

http://www.cosplayma...iheancowig.html
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#2 User is offline   Voxx 

  • Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994
  • Posts: 6,211
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:mars

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

I'm sure if you contact them they would be able to make it in a different colored wig because I don't know of anyone that would style it that well for that cheap. Definitely try contacting them =3 I hope it works out for you.
ar lath ma vhenan

#3 User is offline   jackspicer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522
  • Posts: 2,631
  • Joined: 05-January 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on Mar 23 2010, 09:19 PM, said:

I'm sure if you contact them they would be able to make it in a different colored wig because I don't know of anyone that would style it that well for that cheap. Definitely try contacting them =3 I hope it works out for you.


I did, the told me they couldn't do it :(
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#4 User is offline   Voxx 

  • Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994
  • Posts: 6,211
  • Joined: 28-January 08
  • Location:mars

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

View Postjackspicer, on Mar 23 2010, 09:24 PM, said:

I did, the told me they couldn't do it :(


Aww ;___; thats depressing and makes my opinion of them sink lower.

On cosplay.com there is a commish review and merchant review thread: http://www.cosplay.c...302#post1764302

I have never had anyone style my wig (besides myself) so I wouldnt know who you could go to. If you can't find someone to do it you could possibly buy a wig from cosplaywig or another seller on ebay or website like amphigory or cosworx and go to a hair stylist in your area and see what they can do with it (providing references of course). I wish you luck

ar lath ma vhenan

#5 User is offline   jackspicer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522
  • Posts: 2,631
  • Joined: 05-January 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:19 AM

Hell if i knew a safe way to color the wig i'd do that, But I cant cause of the type of fiber [booo]
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#6 User is offline   simonsaz3 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785
  • Posts: 2,414
  • Joined: 15-December 06
  • Location:My own graphically vivid mind...

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:19 AM

So wait... do you already have a wig in the color you want? If you find the right colored wig, then you can try styling it yourself. There are tutorials online for styling, like this one (L from DeathNote) and this one (Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto) and this one (Sora from Kingdom Hearts). Let us know how things are...
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#7 User is offline   jackspicer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522
  • Posts: 2,631
  • Joined: 05-January 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Mar 24 2010, 11:19 AM, said:

So wait... do you already have a wig in the color you want? If you find the right colored wig, then you can try styling it yourself. There are tutorials online for styling, like this one (L from DeathNote) and this one (Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto) and this one (Sora from Kingdom Hearts). Let us know how things are...
=)


Nah, I only have short length wigs no long ones, and i suck as a stylist
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#8 User is offline   this_chick25 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489
  • Posts: 5,831
  • Joined: 25-June 06
  • Location:Wherever I am, I'm working on my cosplay...

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

Have you tried looking for a similar wig? What color are you looking for? I know of a few sellers that just flip out anime/punk/jrock-type styles randomly, but I have to sort through them to make sure they still have the same selection I remember (it's been a while since I've actually looked at some of these stores).

Let me know the color, and I'll see if I can find the style you're looking for to match.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#9 User is offline   jackspicer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522
  • Posts: 2,631
  • Joined: 05-January 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:30 AM

View Postthis_chick25, on Mar 24 2010, 10:50 PM, said:

Have you tried looking for a similar wig? What color are you looking for? I know of a few sellers that just flip out anime/punk/jrock-type styles randomly, but I have to sort through them to make sure they still have the same selection I remember (it's been a while since I've actually looked at some of these stores).

Let me know the color, and I'll see if I can find the style you're looking for to match.

Either dark red or a dark blue, I contacted the people at cosplayFU.com to see if they could do it ::crosses fingers::

If you happen to come across anything PLEASE let me know ^_^
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#10 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048
  • Posts: 2,013
  • Joined: 11-July 08
  • Location:The depths of the Net

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

Well if you want it another color, you could maybe dye it yourself if you want to? Because then you are in control of it and can definetly have it meet all your standards--it's by you! ^_^ The sharpie wig dyeing method is good, and works well. :) I found this really good tutorial. Tutorial

hope I helped. :)
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#11 User is offline   this_chick25 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489
  • Posts: 5,831
  • Joined: 25-June 06
  • Location:Wherever I am, I'm working on my cosplay...

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

It's difficult to dye pre-styled wigs--especially those with product in them, like spiked wigs. You usually are advised to wash them first so the dye will stick better which would, of course, kill the spikes.

Update: I haven't found that exact style yet, but I just thought I'd fangirl over this really cute blue one!
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#12 User is offline   jackspicer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522
  • Posts: 2,631
  • Joined: 05-January 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on Mar 27 2010, 01:11 AM, said:

It's difficult to dye pre-styled wigs--especially those with product in them, like spiked wigs. You usually are advised to wash them first so the dye will stick better which would, of course, kill the spikes.

Update: I haven't found that exact style yet, but I just thought I'd fangirl over this really cute blue one!


That's a cool short one actually
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#13 User is offline   jackspicer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522
  • Posts: 2,631
  • Joined: 05-January 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on Mar 26 2010, 09:33 PM, said:

Well if you want it another color, you could maybe dye it yourself if you want to? Because then you are in control of it and can definetly have it meet all your standards--it's by you! ^_^ The sharpie wig dyeing method is good, and works well. :) I found this really good tutorial. Tutorial

hope I helped. :)


Hmmm...interesting, that's an idea
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#14 User is offline   this_chick25 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489
  • Posts: 5,831
  • Joined: 25-June 06
  • Location:Wherever I am, I'm working on my cosplay...

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

Grrr, they're all short!

The closest style I found was a Reno wig, and the other ones besides that had the right cut where it could be spiked, but weren't styled that way.


::rolls on floor:: I feel like I have failed you...

This post has been edited by this_chick25: 29 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#15 User is offline   jackspicer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522
  • Posts: 2,631
  • Joined: 05-January 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on Mar 29 2010, 09:28 PM, said:

Grrr, they're all short!

The closest style I found was a Reno wig, and the other ones besides that had the right cut where it could be spiked, but weren't styled that way.


::rolls on floor:: I feel like I have failed you...


Awww, I appreciate what you do though. You've helped me in that past actually [I have a good memory] ::hugs::
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users