• You cannot reply to this topic

Things I Truly Hate About Facebook For those facebookers out there

#31 User is offline   Mr. N 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17948

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:24 PM

I hate facebook for many of the above reasons but unless I want to go back to sending smoke signals i have to use it. We live in a sad world where people no longer talk. I see friends online so I give them a call but they dont answer. Instead I get a text back saying hit me up on facebook. Im like "wtf i did just hit you up on the phone"

#32 User is offline   Harajuku 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 29795

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:21 AM

I hate facebook for all the people sending me farmville notifications all damn day.
-~- Cosplay -~-
-~- Human Death Knight Tier 10 ( World of Warcraft ) / 95% complete -~-
-~- Arthas lies supine, the shattered remnants of Frostmourne beside him. He starts as the ghost of Terenas Menethil materializes over him, and the characteristic blue glow dissipates from his eyes. As Terenas kneels next to him, Arthas places a hand on his father's chest.
Arthas Menethil: Father! Is it... over?
Terenas lays a comforting hand on Arthas' gauntlet.
Terenas Menethil II: At long last. No king rules forever, my son.
Arthas Menethil: I see... only darkness... before... me...
Arthas' eyes roll back into his head and he dies, his hand falling to the ground. Terenas closes his son's eyes and gently lays him on the ground as Tirion walks in.
Terenas Menethil II: Without its master's command, the restless Scourge will become an even greater threat to this world.
Terenas stands, facing Tirion.
Terenas Menethil II: Control must be maintained. There must always be a Lich King. -~-

#33 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:13 AM

Relationship updates. I don't care who's "single", "in a relationship", or "it's complicated". I really don't. Facebook, TURN IT OFF!!!
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#34 User is offline   Mr. N 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17948

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:20 AM

View PostHarajuku, on Apr 30 2010, 02:21 AM, said:

I hate facebook for all the people sending me farmville notifications all damn day.

Ahhhh Farmville, Mob wars, and some stupid vampire game....whats worse is most of the people i know that play farmville are the same people who look down on gamers. Just cause it on Facebook doesnt meant its still not a game!

#35 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

Redx1 pointed out to me that Facebook is now mining the data on your profile.

He did an experiment, and two months later they still had info internally on profile information that he deleted.

#36 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:26 AM

I hate it telling me to add people that makes me wanna cry.

like "Ohey, you should add__________________, even though they died a year ago."

or "Hey, these people are mutual friends with your ex whatever so add him/her."

And the reconnect button annoys me.
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#37 User is offline   Miikachu 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 15931

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

Me and Facebook have a love hate relationship. I HATE when I get tagged in a group picture. And it doesn't help I was in band... They tagged every single person, and every single person had to comment on it. God forbid they have a comment conversation, which also sucks when I like someone's stuff and then two minutes later I have 100 notifications. And I'm so deleting my Farmville. It was fun at first, but now it makes my brain sad. One thing I'm happy for on Facebook is when it tells me my friends birthdays are coming up. It makes me look like a better person since I'm horrible with remembering birthdates and stuff. XD
IRT Operative: Flapjack
2011 - Concenter Days
2012 - Concenter Days

[Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr]

#38 User is offline   keitaro-849 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 9285

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:57 AM

things that bug me about facebook... hmm... well I hate how when I comment certain people they freak out and start hating me for no reason... I hate the tags because theres some pictures i don't want the world to see... ummm as far as the facebook games go I can't say i actually hate them. I love farmville, rollercoaster ville, mafia wars. all that stuff is mildly fun. It's just they all require waiting, I'd be waiting for the food to get down or waiting for getting more energy, or waiting on my crops. I never spend real money on it either. And i agree the new layout kinda sucks. The little toolbar thing on the bottom was taken out so i can't easily jump to all the pages anymore. Oh yes theres the birthday notifications too like the last person said ^^; i'm also terrible at remembering birthdays. i think my family and my one friend are the only ones who remember. yeah and i also had my ex who wanted to add me but that was a terrible idea because she started spreading false rumors about me. god she is such a sociopath. as far as the relationship thing is.. well it doesn't matter to me either way. its not like people on there will flirt with me on facebook. because it seems like peoples social standing is that they only think of themselves and don't bother to talk to you at all... unless i talk to them first. i feel like i'd be cursing myself if i set the status to in a relationship when i'm with someone.

This post has been edited by keitaro-849: 02 May 2010 - 11:08 AM

If you wanna chat to me ;)
aim: keitaro849
msn: alan849@hotmail.com
yahoo: dejiko849
facebook: http://facebook.com/Dashy.of.harmony

#39 User is offline   technoBC 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 24388

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:09 AM

View PostFaithful Jello, on Mar 23 2010, 09:57 PM, said:

I love facebook... im so addicted... its disgusting lol...

I used to be big into farmville, but lately sometimes when i try to log in, it crashes my internet so i havent been playing it and am tempted to just remove it all together. I only use a couple apps, and I try not to spam people with it because I hate getting spammed with stuff as well....

as for friend suggestions, same thing If i wanted to be so and so's friend, i would be.. stop suggesting people i have no interest in friending :(

also people who become fans of 80 billion things a day... need to stop

Haha, I'm the same way about it.
For so long I avoided FB and just stayed on MySpace (not better, but I didn't feel like moving) and now I'm addicted.
I don't like all the notifications and I need to take a lot of mine off and get rid of Farmville.
Farmville sucks.
A lot.

Heh, I'm one of those people who becomes a fan of 80 billion things a day...sorry :C
I do it at least once a week.
I just end up finding a page or group I like and then I find things related and it just continues :wacko:

I don't think I really hate anything about Facebook, but there are things that can be improved.
I know we would all enjoy a 'dislike' button; sometimes you just want to dislike instead of just leaving it alone, lol
I don't think the apps need to have my email, it's stupid and I get some crap I don't care about in my inbox.
There doesn't need to be an update for every single thing, especially every last thing you've done in an app.
I think that they should only send app updates to people who actually use the app and there should be something for you to reply to a comment on something without spamming everyone who liked it <_<
Just, Facebook is kind of set up moronically to the point where they think that people want to know every last detail about someone's life.
Oh, and the fact that people are getting in trouble over things they've said on their status is really stupid.
I mean, I don't get arrested every time I state my opinion on America, so why are people getting shot down for jobs and schools just because they said something that doesn't matter?
In my opinion, saying something on Facebook is like talking to your friends and then someone overheard it and threw a hissy fit <_<

The one thing I promised myself was that I wouldn't add any random people.
I ended up adding 2-3 people I didn't know and accepting about 5 I didn't know.
Apparently, one of the random people that added me was a relative I didn't really know, so I'm assuming that's who these other adults that added me are; the teens are friends of friends I'm getting rid of.
I couldn't help but add a few cute guys that were friends of friends xD
It's stuipid, I know, lol
I'm just glad that, out of the 100+ friends I have, I don't know 10.

~Go Go Procrasti-Rangers!~

#40 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:00 AM

no farmville for me i can't do it and i quit Vampire Wars a long time ago it got boring... i only really play Ocean Party because the points i earn there can be transferred into Gaia Gold for my Gaia account and i like fishies ^_^

i do hate that facebook keeps telling me what to do >_< don't tell me to write on someone's wall because you THINK we need to reconnect umm no im not gonna write on their walll more than likely we talk else where and don't need to have a wall convo so leave us alone dammit
and well the suggest a friend is fine except they are suggesting EVERYONE the all of your friends know if i wanted to be their i can more than likely have my friend tell them to add me other than that NO!!!

highlight of Facebook so far finding my group of besties from Grade school Class of 96 ^_^ the good ol times iam soo greatful to facebook for that annnnd <_< getting back in touch with my High School crush something nice could be coming from that reconncetion we txt everyday ok ok so we txt and not talk well he works days and i work nights we have no time to really talk talk but we have video chat and that was fun...umm off topic MAH BAD!!!

know what sucks is random people add you and don't say hi or anything even after you were nice enough to accept their friend request sooo DELETE DELETE DELETE lol

i know there is more im gonna have a tantrum about but i iz sleepeh lol *goes to update that on my status*

but here's the thing i do not mind adding you lovely people on facebook lol i originally created my facebook for my ACen friends especially the ones ive met in person be it ACen itself or at meetups held through out the year....

im guilty of it all except for the farmville request lol FORGIVE ME!!!
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users