• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Guys+crossplay=sexy? Really?

#31 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on Mar 18 2010, 03:57 PM, said:

*devious smile*

Xeno, you didn't happen to go to TJ Max today did you? There was a fire truck there today.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#32 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3522

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:35 PM

O_o
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#33 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

I'm assuming this question is directly to the girls lol
ACen Mascot Artist

#34 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

View PostAnimexcel, on Mar 22 2010, 08:58 PM, said:

I'm assuming this question is directly to the girls lol

More or less, yeah. Care to provide some insight? ^__^

#35 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

It's cute depending on the guy but I do not personally understand why some chicks push it on their boyfriends. If a guy already cross plays or does it on their own accord it is fine, but it's just silly if it isn't something you are confident in.
So I'm not really sure how it's sexy... unless it's a really convincing cross play and the other person is omni/bisexual.

I think feminine features wouldn't hurt but even if someone doesn't have them and has the passion for it should be just fine.
2015 Cosplay
Elrond's angry face when the hobbits crash the party
Honoka-Dead or Alive Last Roumd
Kongou- Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Rise- Persona 4 Dancing all Night

#36 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on Mar 22 2010, 09:09 PM, said:

It's cute depending on the guy but I do not personally understand why some chicks push it on their boyfriends. If a guy already cross plays or does it on their own accord it is fine, but it's just silly if it isn't something you are confident in.
So I'm not really sure how it's sexy... unless it's a really convincing cross play and the other person is omni/bisexual.

I think feminine features wouldn't hurt but even if someone doesn't have them and has the passion for it should be just fine.

Why is it cute?

#37 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

View Postjackspicer, on Mar 22 2010, 09:10 PM, said:

Why is it cute?

Not exactly cross play but: bou from Antic Cafe

If it's done right, it can be bloody adorable. <3
2015 Cosplay

#38 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on Mar 22 2010, 09:13 PM, said:

Not exactly cross play but: bou from Antic Cafe

If it's done right, it can be bloody adorable. <3

What makes you like it? If you do

#39 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

Hmm...
I think he's very pretty. However, I like Bou in a similar to way like a girl likes a girl. So I'm odd in that way ^_^;

Cross play is also kind of an admired art form in a way. Trying to use make up and clothing to fool nature. It takes a lot of work to cross play whether one is a boy for a girl. So, crossplay is cute/ sexy/ awesome because it requires more effort(?)
2015 Cosplay

#40 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on Mar 22 2010, 09:21 PM, said:

Hmm...
I think he's very pretty. However, I like Bou in a similar to way like a girl likes a girl. So I'm odd in that way ^_^;

Cross play is also kind of an admired art form in a way. Trying to use make up and clothing to fool nature. It takes a lot of work to cross play whether one is a boy for a girl. So, crossplay is cute/ sexy/ awesome because it requires more effort(?)

THAT...
Is a good answer, and gives some insights into the people that would enjoy my doing crossplay. Thank you ^_^

#41 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

I guess girls find crossplay sexy for the same reason they find supa fem visual kei artists sexy. I was reading somethin awhile ago and it's like apparently females, while they might not want to have a romantic relationship with a person like this, are more drawn to someone who looks like a female. ._. Personally though, what I find sexiest about crossplay is that a dude put on a fuku or somethin and is able to work it.
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#42 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:56 AM

View PostTrini, on Mar 23 2010, 12:54 AM, said:

I guess girls find crossplay sexy for the same reason they find supa fem visual kei artists sexy. I was reading somethin awhile ago and it's like apparently females, while they might not want to have a romantic relationship with a person like this, are more drawn to someone who looks like a female. ._. Personally though, what I find sexiest about crossplay is that a dude put on a fuku or somethin and is able to work it.

Thank you for the helpful input ^_^ [though i don't think i could pull off wearing a fuku, but that is an option]

#43 User is offline   sway 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 52284

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:58 AM

Personally.. I have known many gay men, crossdressers and I have even seen drag shows. If you can successfully pull off being a woman...do it. But don't be surprised or offended if other people don't exactly see eye-to-eye with what you're doing. In cosplay world.. it probably won't be as big of a deal, as it would be in normie world; since it's full of gay or bi/bi-curious people anyway, who are normally rabid yaoi fans. lol

BUT.. things to remember when impersonating females.. SHAVE-SHAVE-SHAVE!!! I'm a woman and I often forget these things (and with important events like photoshoots! hairy/stubbly legs+closeups=BAD!!) hahaha! And if you're the type of guy who has that 5'o'clock shadow that never wants to go away... CONCEALER CONCEALER CONCEALER!!!! But don't forget to smooth it off. You need loose powder to finish off the look and blend it into your skin and neck.

Depending on how manly you look, depends on how much effort you need to put in. Just do your research, and with something simple like eyeliner, some powder and blush.. you could be hotter than most women I know! Ha!
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Contact info below thar. 8D
Gogo Webpage

#44 User is offline   Kankokujin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11262

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:11 AM

LOL! A lot of people mistook me for a girl last Acen even though I was cosplaying a male character. Let me tell you from experience that it's fun to trick people that way.
えっ?これが読める?すごい!
그럼, 이걸 읽을수있나?

#45 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:13 AM

View PostKankokujin, on Mar 25 2010, 07:11 AM, said:

LOL! A lot of people mistook me for a girl last Acen even though I was cosplaying a male character. Let me tell you from experience that it's fun to trick people that way.

Haha! Some people are lucky to have that androgynous appearance! I think they make the best cosplays, since they can be both male or female! ;3
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#46 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:30 AM

View Postsway, on Mar 25 2010, 06:58 AM, said:

Personally.. I have known many gay men, crossdressers and I have even seen drag shows. If you can successfully pull off being a woman...do it. But don't be surprised or offended if other people don't exactly see eye-to-eye with what you're doing. In cosplay world.. it probably won't be as big of a deal, as it would be in normie world; since it's full of gay or bi/bi-curious people anyway, who are normally rabid yaoi fans. lol

BUT.. things to remember when impersonating females.. SHAVE-SHAVE-SHAVE!!! I'm a woman and I often forget these things (and with important events like photoshoots! hairy/stubbly legs+closeups=BAD!!) hahaha! And if you're the type of guy who has that 5'o'clock shadow that never wants to go away... CONCEALER CONCEALER CONCEALER!!!! But don't forget to smooth it off. You need loose powder to finish off the look and blend it into your skin and neck.

Depending on how manly you look, depends on how much effort you need to put in. Just do your research, and with something simple like eyeliner, some powder and blush.. you could be hotter than most women I know! Ha!

Well it's only for cosplay, not everyday. lol. I'm a cosplay not a drag queen [not that there is anything wrong with that]

Lol, I can imagine that would be soooo funny! XD

View Postsway, on Mar 25 2010, 07:13 AM, said:

Haha! Some people are lucky to have that androgynous appearance! I think they make the best cosplays, since they can be both male or female! ;3

Those lucky bastards, I wish i was a better cosplayer

#47 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:18 AM

Well, don't go sayin things like that. How will you be a better cosplayer if you simply *wish* for it? You need to keep trying! Practice makes *almost* perfect, right?

You don't see people who pick up dancing go pro overnight, do you? Well... same damn thing applies to cosplay! Of course, some people require more effort, but that should give you motivation to be better. Really, all you have to do is just experiment with different looks, makeup, techniques. What might work for one person, might not work for you. And try something that you would normally not try.
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#48 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:24 AM

View Postsway, on Mar 25 2010, 10:18 AM, said:

Well, don't go sayin things like that. How will you be a better cosplayer if you simply *wish* for it? You need to keep trying! Practice makes *almost* perfect, right?

You don't see people who pick up dancing go pro overnight, do you? Well... same damn thing applies to cosplay! Of course, some people require more effort, but that should give you motivation to be better. Really, all you have to do is just experiment with different looks, makeup, techniques. What might work for one person, might not work for you. And try something that you would normally not try.

I do try, I meant i wish I had the natural looks to pull off cosplay easier. but MANY are hard for me to do well, which is why more recently I've just done j-rock and not Characters.

#49 User is offline   Kankokujin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:33 AM

View Postjackspicer, on Mar 25 2010, 10:24 AM, said:

I do try, I meant i wish I had the natural looks to pull off cosplay easier. but MANY are hard for me to do well, which is why more recently I've just done j-rock and not Characters.

Don't forget eyeliner. I think that really contributes to the look.
えっ?これが読める?すごい!
그럼, 이걸 읽을수있나?

#50 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:41 AM

Then you were like a real anime bishie! :lol: Even in anime, some people ask "Is that a girl?".

But saying this from experience (as I have done makeup on you before), you take makeup very well and a good wig would put you over the top.

I don't think you could pull off a girl at a con for long, though, because your movements and mannerisms aren't very feminine.

:o That's also a key element to crossplay--you have to act the part! You can look as pretty as a model, but if you're stomping around like you're full of testosterone you're not gonna fool anyone. Before you crossplay, you should take some pointers on looking and acting more girly (maybe from your girlfriend?) before you even put on the dress.

You'd actually be surprised at how girls don't realize how "girly" they are and won't know how to tell you to do it. Imitate the way she sits, laughs, and holds her hands. Soften your voice, stand with your feet closer together, and use your hips more when you walk. I really gotta find that thread for MtF crossplayers, but I think it's archived and I gotta do some digging.

(EDITED: Dear God, the typos... -_-; )

This post has been edited by this_chick25: 28 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#51 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:44 AM

View Postthis_chick25, on Mar 28 2010, 09:41 AM, said:

but if you're stomping aroung like yo're full of testosterone you're not gonna fool anyone.

But *I* stomp around like I'm full of testosteron! Perhaps that's why guys don't talk to me!! They think I'm really a dude! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

LOLOLOL

but seriously, guys don't talk to me. maybe it's my deoderant!

@ Jack; Yes, I know what you mean. I don't cosplay certain characters for that reason. =/
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#52 User is offline   Tyrant073 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 51657

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:08 AM

View Postsway, on Mar 28 2010, 09:44 AM, said:

But *I* stomp around like I'm full of testosteron! Perhaps that's why guys don't talk to me!! They think I'm really a dude! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Wow, sway... Just wow...

#53 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

View PostKankokujin, on Mar 28 2010, 06:33 AM, said:

Don't forget eyeliner. I think that really contributes to the look.

Yeah, I just gotta get better at applying it smoothly

View Postsway, on Mar 28 2010, 09:44 AM, said:

LOLOLOL

but seriously, guys don't talk to me. maybe it's my deoderant!

@ Jack; Yes, I know what you mean. I don't cosplay certain characters for that reason. =/

LOL! I can't see someone mistaking you as a guy unless you were REALLY trying to look "manly"

#54 User is offline   Kankokujin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:26 AM

View Postthis_chick25, on Mar 28 2010, 10:41 AM, said:

Then you were like a real anime bishie! :lol: Even in anime, some people ask "Is that a girl?".

But saying this from experience (as I have done makeup on you before), you take makeup very well and a good wig would put you over the top.

I don't think you could pull off a girl at a con for long, though, because your movements and mannerisms aren't very feminine.

:o That's also a key element to crossplay--you have to act the part! You can look as pretty as a model, but if you're stomping around like you're full of testosterone you're not gonna fool anyone. Before you crossplay, you should take some pointers on looking and acting more girly (maybe from your girlfriend?) before you even put on the dress.

You'd actually be surprised at how girls don't realize how "girly" they are and won't know how to tell you to do it. Imitate the way she sits, laughs, and holds her hands. Soften your voice, stand with your feet closer together, and use your hips more when you walk. I really gotta find that thread for MtF crossplayers, but I think it's archived and I gotta do some digging.

(EDITED: Dear God, the typos... -_-; )

LOL! Yes I remember we talked about this. But do VK J-rockers also act feminine? I mean, that was the look you were going for when you did me. I don't know if I want to be too girly though. People consider me pretty feminine as it is.

This post has been edited by Kankokujin: 30 March 2010 - 02:28 AM

えっ?これが読める?すごい!
그럼, 이걸 읽을수있나?

#55 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:10 AM

Not usually (although they do at times for fanservice purposes, as it makes the fangirls scream). J-rockers act very masculine despite how they dress (with the exception of being protective of their hair/makeup), which is why the style is more of an art form.

The "act feminine" advice was really for crossplayers who want to pull off being a girl in character. Jrockers are different thing entirely.
Acen Attendee since 2001

#56 User is offline   Kankokujin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on Mar 30 2010, 06:10 AM, said:

Not usually (although they do at times for fanservice purposes, as it makes the fangirls scream). J-rockers act very masculine despite how they dress (with the exception of being protective of their hair/makeup), which is why the style is more of an art form.

The "act feminine" advice was really for crossplayers who want to pull off being a girl in character. Jrockers are different thing entirely.

Funny thing. My portrayal of Raikov is much girlier than the actual character.
えっ?これが読める?すごい!
그럼, 이걸 읽을수있나?

#57 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

It was probably the makeup talking. :lol:
Acen Attendee since 2001

#58 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

[I think my Jrock is what inspired the idea of crossplay, strangely]

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked