• You cannot reply to this topic

Dragon Ball Z Kai

#31 User is offline   The Spider 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 51682

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

View PosttechnoBC, on Apr 13 2010, 09:18 AM, said:

Yeah, but Nick killed IZ and Jhonen just hates it now.
I feel bad for him, they ruined what could've been an awesome thing :C
All it is now is this overplayed, tween-loved show that is being killed by its fandom.

I guess, as long as you ignore the creeps, IZ is still enjoyable.

I think Jhonen said that once he sold the rights to Cartoon Network he stopped caring about it and focused on more of his work. They barely brought him on the project, I think the closest it got to his work was the Halloween episode.

Though from what you people are telling me about Kai, I might just watch it.

#32 User is offline   Kurama's moon raven 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 49159

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

The first time I saw the new commercial on Nick. I was seriously yelling at the tv saying DBZ is not a new series. lolol That made me pissed off haha I don't know why and who would actually believe it is new?
Acen 11
Ninetails Pokemon Ginjka
Kurama Yu Yu Hakusho
Videl Dragon Ball Z
Previous cosplays:
Raven-Youmacon, Acen, Ohayocon
Princess serenity-Youmacon 08
Princess Jasmine-Youmacon 09

#33 User is offline   Kaay-chan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28448

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

You know what the world needs? A Toonami Channel. Just sayin'. Who wouldn't love that to itty-bitty bits and pieces forever and always?

And not that crappy new version of Toonami that they had when it went off air; classic Toonami, with the computer AI chick whose name I'm blanking on, and stuff....='D

Then they could bring back all of the great anime that hasn't aired in years, like Outlaw Star, Tenchi, the various versions of Dragon Ball/ Z, Sailor Moon (lol. why not, right?), IGPX (hey, I liked it...)....

They could even bring back the Midnight Run TTvTT

This post has been edited by Kaay-chan: 12 May 2010 - 02:34 PM

Cosplay 2012: Mitsuki Saya (Black Cat), Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai)
Cosplay 2013: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) I didn't have my camera; please send me pictures! ;A;

"A blank piece of paper is God's way of telling us how hard it is to be God."
-Sidney Sheldon

#34 User is offline   TheMattachine 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 57192

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:00 PM

Toonami needs to pull a Jesus. That is all.
I'm liking the idea of IGPX. NEver watched it, but seeing commercials for it on CN's network just reminds me of childhood--a time when life was good and I could meet all my action needs w/o having to change the channel... *sigh*
Excuse me while I slip into something a little more Freudian.

#35 User is offline   Floobersman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 45609

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

Have you guys seen the opening for DBK? It is awesome. (watch it in HD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QBVL0MySbE...feature=related

Also this annoys me! I was looking for it on my DVR so I can set a recording. I went to Nicktoons channel, went to May 24, went to 8pm and... wasn't there! Spongebob was at 8pm that night! I was freaking out and looked all over thae place and still can't find it! I have Charter and I know I have Nicktoons cause I watch it alot and it says NTOONS! Has anyone else run into this problem? Casue if I miss it I'll freak!

This post has been edited by Floobersman: 16 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

My Anime/Manga List
http://myanimelist.n...ist/Floobersman
If you like Rocket Japanese the online Japanese course then join my Facebook group: http://www.facebook....90673989?v=wall

#36 User is offline   starrstrife 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57347

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

View PostKasin, on Apr 18 2010, 07:14 PM, said:

There's a battle coming...

Disney got naruto, and what is very similiar to naruto, but better? DBZ!

Nick and disney are going to war!

Well they go for where the ratings are. Disney got Naruto yes, they also bought out marvel, they go were the good stuff is and now they can make rated R movies...just that don't say Disney on them >< lol and nick having so much success with Avatar......spose they figured wth? its dbz what american cartoon network wouldnt air that if given the chance?
as for war......i think the only thing those two are fighting about is High School Musical and Hannah Montana.....where most of their viewers come from.
-Wardrobe for Acen 2010 (no sry I didn't cosplay)
-- Bluejeans everyday with addidas sombas
-- blue hoodie or black puma track jacket (yellow/green stripped on arms)
-- red shirt (ski club, flogging molly, and Louisville U shirts)
-- Red Bandana for most of the week on my head or around my neck.
-- Was walking with a cane on day one.
-- (Now there I'll be super easy to find if someone is looking :P)

#37 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

But both are disney...

I believe nick has. Stayed number 1 still.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#38 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:33 PM

Anime (and toonami) had its time but unfortunately the channels and most of their viewers have moved on. Teens are now more focused on live action garbage.

CN will likely never show anime again during its programming blocks unless it is something they collaborate with or is their own intellectual property. AS maintains its Saturday night block for now but it is hard to say how long. I'm sure they feel that Saturday is pretty much a throwaway night for programming since that night many people are out doing their own thing.

#39 User is offline   Haywood 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18271

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:58 AM

View Postwrexness, on Mar 11 2010, 09:30 PM, said:

*spit take* Airing on the Nicktoons channel!? Whyyyyyy?

Oh god I had the same reaction. Fie upon nicktoons Channel!
"When caught between two evils, I generally like to take the one I never tried." -Mae West

#40 User is offline   Kurama's moon raven 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 49159

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

I know I totally agree with you on the their own toonami channel @ Kaay-chan. Bring back all those awesome anime shows, though I guess they wouldn't be able to bring back DBZ on that channel since Nick will be owning it now. >< I doubt too that they will ever bring back a channel like that. Though they did it for all the old cartoons, so why can't they. Grr. They don't probably even realize they could get a lot more ratings since people would be returning back to TV for their anime shows since youtube is trying to take them all down. Stupid youtube. That is why less than half, half or over half of people are on there for. lololol.
Acen 11
Ninetails Pokemon Ginjka
Kurama Yu Yu Hakusho
Videl Dragon Ball Z
Previous cosplays:
Raven-Youmacon, Acen, Ohayocon
Princess serenity-Youmacon 08
Princess Jasmine-Youmacon 09

#41 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:47 AM

why is lunch in the ending?
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users