Anime Central Forums: Best Cosplay Selling Site - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Best Cosplay Selling Site Cosplay Reproduction site Poll

Poll: Cosplay Makers/Sellers (22 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your Favorite place for the Best Cosplays for purchase?

1. CosplayMagic.com (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

2. Cosplayhouse.com (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. CosplayFU.com (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Mooncostumes.com (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

5. Ebay Vendors (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

6. Other (9 votes [40.91%])

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

Vote

#1 User is offline   AMV_otaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18066

Post icon  Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

So fare, I have been just dealing with EBay and a few sellers there for the last couple of years. I currently came across a few Cosplay character reproduction sites. I am curious how good they are as fare as character likeness, quality, and durability of there props and Clothing.

So I’m Throwing this Poll out there to get input on those of you whom have purchase from these places above and/or other places on the net that you may believe put out some of the best Cosplay Costumes either pre-made or commission.

Price is not an issue, perfection & quality is the key.

All input will be greatly appreciated and will help me and many others lost on the Net to pick the right place to go through for there character needs...

This post has been edited by sakura_k: 07 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

#2 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

Good question and poll, although I have no experience with any of the sites mentioned above except ebay vendors. I've seen really legit helmets for Zero from Code Geass, for example, and the wigs they have for Serenity from Sailor Moon are really great too. Of course, you have to consider that not all ebay sellers are amazing with the products they promise; you must do your part in researching and asking the questions as well.
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#3 User is offline   AMV_otaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Mar 7 2010, 02:01 PM, said:

Good question and poll, although I have no experience with any of the sites mentioned above except ebay vendors. I've seen really legit helmets for Zero from Code Geass, for example, and the wigs they have for Serenity from Sailor Moon are really great too. Of course, you have to consider that not all ebay sellers are amazing with the products they promise; you must do your part in researching and asking the questions as well.
=)

:unsure: Yep the EBay Hite or Miss Probability is Very SCARY!!! Have gotten 2 of my cosplays on EBay and still had to make alteration to them prior to there Unveiling... That is why I buy one and make (Sew) the other each year. Because they are about the same amount of work either way!!! :unsure:

#4 User is offline   MBluesummers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3768

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

If you are not looking at commissioners but stores, I'd check out a shop on ebay called Cosplay-one. Though I have not had much experience with them yet, I will say that seeing the quality of costumes that friends had purchased from them is incredibly good for the price. Everything from them is serged,lined, and they also have great choices of fabric for the costumes too.

#5 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

Honestly I voted for other: You're better off making it yourself. If you want great quality and at a price you can afford to pay you should just make it yourself. Ebay and other online sites are pesky and sometimes you dont get what you wanted or the outfit is cheaply made.

Commish review

This link is from cosplay.com and its a commissioner review thread that might help some people out =3

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#6 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

I agree with Ska on the make it yourself. You get what you put in to it, so as long as you do your best, you shouldn't be dissapointed.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#7 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:06 AM

View Postsakura_k, on Mar 7 2010, 02:24 PM, said:

:unsure: Yep the EBay Hite or Miss Probability is Very SCARY!!! Have gotten 2 of my cosplays on EBay and still had to make alteration to them prior to there Unveiling... That is why I buy one and make (Sew) the other each year. Because they are about the same amount of work either way!!! :unsure:

I'm sorry to hear that, but then it's true... the best answer would be other: make it yourself, only because you know your own proportions and you can do anything with your work without the frustration that someone else didn't meet your expectations, etc.
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#8 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:01 PM

View PostMBluesummers, on Mar 7 2010, 06:39 PM, said:

If you are not looking at commissioners but stores, I'd check out a shop on ebay called Cosplay-one. Though I have not had much experience with them yet, I will say that seeing the quality of costumes that friends had purchased from them is incredibly good for the price. Everything from them is serged,lined, and they also have great choices of fabric for the costumes too.

I looked for them on Ebay to check out their stuff and I cannot find them. Do you have a link for their store? :)

I've heard some great things about Cosplaymagic.com for cosplay. My good friend got his Kakashi cosplay from there, along with Ed Elric and it looks nice, especially for buying. But they can get a little pricey. Dx
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#9 User is offline   AMV_otaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:53 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on Mar 9 2010, 08:01 PM, said:

I looked for them on Ebay to check out their stuff and I cannot find them. Do you have a link for their store? :)

I've heard some great things about Cosplaymagic.com for cosplay. My good friend got his Kakashi cosplay from there, along with Ed Elric and it looks nice, especially for buying. But they can get a little pricey. Dx

:blush: Yep, there out there but you have to search down the Cosplay you are looking for and hope you hite there store... As fare as Cosplay magic goes. I have been hearing a lot of bad things regarding there cosplay, like the costumes were very poorly & cheaply made. But I could be wrong and some of the Cosplays could be as good as I see with other sites. I guess it is weather or not they like the Anime for them to put there heart in to the construction of the Cosplay. Because I have seem some Cosplays that look amazingly great and others in the same site that look like they didn’t even bother to try and just through it together and were not even close to the characters likeness as they displayed in there pictures, nor the quality work or of the fabric when received. So I know I am not taking my chances with them and gambling! Now I have delt with honestdragon on EBay for 2 of my Cosplay everything seem to be in order as long as you give them detailed measurement and be specific as to what you want as is with any tailor on EBay or Cosplay tailors in general. The only thing I had to sew/remake with them was some accessories like bows, which they made to small and some other details. But other than that they were ok. I am somewhat of a perfectionist and try my hardest to do a great character in order to pull off the image exactly for what ever character that I do with my body type. When I measure, being I make some of my own Cosplays, if I have the time and don’t procrastinate or be lazy. I take about 25 to 30 measurements to get the dimensions correct. I also send these measurements along with any alterations and Fabric type changes for the correct appearance along with there requested measurements and information. When I am getting ones made from who ever I’m dealing tailor wise on the Net…

So hopefully you find what you are look for and I hope the above was somewhat helpful… :blush:

#10 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:11 AM

If you like well done gothic lolita designs, go to cosaru.com. She's got some good pre-made gothic lolita work that's very beautiful! And she's right here in the USA. If you want custom made you better check her commission list first!

http://cosaru.com/
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#11 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

View Postexcel excel, on Mar 11 2010, 10:11 AM, said:

If you like well done gothic lolita designs, go to cosaru.com. She's got some good pre-made gothic lolita work that's very beautiful! And she's right here in the USA. If you want custom made you better check her commission list first!

http://cosaru.com/

Ohh! Her stuff is so cute! I want that red dress very very badly!
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#12 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

I will promote one of my friends on deviantART who does an amazing job with commissions: http://www.taeliacstudio.com/. If you're looking for quality work, I'd say the cosplay gallery there is worth checking out.
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#13 User is offline   MBluesummers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3768

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

Grabbed the link for cosplay-one

http://myworld.ebay.com/cosplay-one/

Looking at their ratings, says a lot I think. Friend got their costume to the other day and it's a perfect fit for them.

#14 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

View PostMBluesummers, on Mar 11 2010, 01:22 PM, said:

Grabbed the link for cosplay-one

http://myworld.ebay.com/cosplay-one/

Looking at their ratings, says a lot I think. Friend got their costume to the other day and it's a perfect fit for them.

Thanks for the link!!! :) Very nice stuff and for somewhat cheaper too! That Roy Mustang Cosplay is great! :)
Too bad they don't have an Akatsuki cloak....

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 11 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#15 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

This may also help:
http://www.cosplay.c...ead.php?t=74409

#16 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on Mar 13 2010, 09:30 AM, said:

That helps a lot!!! REALLY good info here that cactusmomma put up. :thumbup:

#17 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:20 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on Mar 13 2010, 10:30 AM, said:

Such a great resource! Gotta love cosplay.com for covering so many awesome topics thoroughly. Thank you for sharing this!
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#18 User is offline   AMV_otaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:00 AM

:blush: Yep, Cosplay.com is a great place to find many needs but be careful on the links you go threw.

Found another site that looks like they are pretty good. They have some different different and rare things for some of the Cosplays

http://www.hellocosplay.com/
:blush:

#19 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3522

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:08 AM

I get a lot of my stuff off ebay, but i wouldn't consider them the best. just....affordable
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#20 User is offline   AMV_otaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:56 AM

View Postjackspicer, on Mar 22 2010, 08:08 AM, said:

I get a lot of my stuff off ebay, but i wouldn't consider them the best. just....affordable

Yep I deal with Ebay mainly

I was going to go through Cosplayhouse.com. But after talking with the sale rep in California and finding out they had no idea about what they were selling, nor details on the products! I tried emailing directly on there site figuring that it would go strait to Korea and cut out the BAKA middle man in California. But, to my surprise after sending an email with detail questions, they just replied with, “Ya, we can do that.” and only answer one question out of the mainly. So I decided not to go through them due to there lack of information and professionalism. So I played the Ebay game and got a new cosplay there.

Note:
Anyone doing Ebay make sure you order your Cosplays a month in advance other wise you will not get them in time for the convention. It takes about 3-4 weeks to make and 2 weeks to Ship.

Also make Sure you are very detailed on what you want alot of them are made to order and it is a good Idea to get a tailor to take professional measurements unless you are proficient and think you can do it your self with confidence.

This post has been edited by sakura_k: 25 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

#21 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:38 AM

Yeah a lot of my purchases ship from Hong Kong so it takes a bit

#22 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

Also remember that cosplaymagic is extremely overpriced for borderline work. I voted other.

#23 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

View Postcactusmomma, on Mar 25 2010, 04:14 PM, said:

Also remember that cosplaymagic is extremely overpriced for borderline work. I voted other.

I agree. Their Sesshomaru costume is 600 bucks, and for what they give you, you can get it cheaper if you MADE it with sewing lessons if you don't know how!
Their Akatsuki cloaks arent that amazing either, but their not bad...I guess making might be the best choice....

#24 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Well, take this one for example:
http://www.cosplayma...nepiniroco.html

The jacket and main costume looks like a polyester. The fringe is sold at Joann's for under $1.50 a yard. The studs can be faked by using iron-ons. Yard of heavy duty vinyl? A yard of duchess satin and a yard of faux fur?

That all still comes out to about $54 on the low end. They want $440.00? That's paying them almost $10 an hour if they worked on it for a week straight. That's generally not that bad of a rate in general, but for that kind of money, I'd expect more appropriate fabrics and a bit higher quality.

#25 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

What is the link for Ebay Vendors? I didn't think they had cosplay?
Currently writing a book.

#26 User is offline   AMV_otaku 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on Mar 25 2010, 05:55 PM, said:

There are various people out on Ebay, just do a search and reaseach the character for what you want pay. Sometimes they are hidden under a different name, in there Ebay store, or under the Japanese series name. I have gone through Honest dragon china and some of there stuff is great and others suck it is a hite or miss with ebay. Just remember the watch button is your friend. You can watch up to 200 items in your accounts watch area and they stay there even if the buy it now or auction has ended for like a month. That is the best way you can compare items and quality. Also Alway be detailed on measurement and what you want in the look. <_< I myself am a profectionist and am anel about the measurements and character reproduction, with Hazuki I altered my own measurement to get the right look.<_< Also note be prepare to do a little sewing sometimes when ordering for just about anywere. There usally is alway something that need to be altered, nothing major normally mostly just character details :blush:

Happy cosplaying.

#27 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:35 AM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on Mar 25 2010, 06:55 PM, said:

Serch for ~insert series~cosplay

Like Bleach cosplay, Mario cosplay, etc

#28 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:38 AM

Cosplay.com also has a nice place called the market place where you either sell or purchase cosplays or have you weapons made by fellow forum members. Their prices are reasonable if you are in a bind. I sold my 2 retired cosplays and made a nice amount.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#29 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

Bodyline has a lot of more general cosplays for extremely cheap. Their down falls would be their shipping cost (20 flat rate so it's best to shop all at one time ^.^; ) and sizes. Their sizes are extremely limited for some costumes so reviewing size chart is very important. Quality is not perfect, but their items do look exactly like the picture so at least it's not false advertising. They have cheap Sailor/ maid uniforms too if they are needed for some sort of OC or just for random fun.

This post has been edited by linlindesu: 26 March 2010 - 09:10 AM

I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#30 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:03 AM

View Postexcel excel, on Mar 26 2010, 09:38 AM, said:

Cosplay.com also has a nice place called the market place where you either sell or purchase cosplays or have you weapons made by fellow forum members. Their prices are reasonable if you are in a bind. I sold my 2 retired cosplays and made a nice amount.

That's not a bad idea

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users