Work Stories Did that REALLY happen?

#61 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

View PostDoggeh, on Mar 9 2010, 12:55 PM, said:

Seriously? We had that at our theater too!

I have so many horrible stories from working at a movie theater. Over the weekend we had a guy running around stealing tickets from people trying to get refunds.

There was another great moment when Avatar first came out and people were going inane over the movie. We were cleaning one of our theaters and most people were smart enough to figure out there was a line set up for people waiting to get into the next show. One guy misses the massive amount of people standing in line and walks right into the theater just as we start cleaning. We told him that we still had to clean and that there was a line outside. Just as my supervisor was about to step in, he pulls her aside and just reams her out because he didn't know about the line and we shoulda told him and its all OUR FAULT. Nevermind the fact we did tell him about the line and sorry you werent smart enough to show up an hour early like everyone else did.

My favorite hobby is to kick kids out of R rated movies though. Its fun.

I had a BLAST doing that when Bruno and the Hangover came out. When kids/teens go with their parents to see an R movie and the parents leave. Uh uh. We are kicking your kids out if you don't get your butt back in their. And when parents buy tickets for their kids and then leave, but we tell them to get a refund or see a different movie because they can't see it. "But we have tickets" is not an excuse. lol I recently kicked a few kids out for sneaking into Shutter Island and a couple of weeks ago, for The Wolfman.

We had these teens who weren't old enough to see The Wolfman. One of the teens came in and asked if he can use his school ID. I told him there is no way for us to tell if he is old enough and that he'd need a driver's license or a state ID. He said ok and went outside. He and his friend bought tickets for the Tooth Fairy (which was right next door) and they went in. We knew they were gonna try and sneak in because

1. One asked about using a school ID as a way to determine they are old enough.
2. They bought tickets for Tooth Fairy which was right next door.
3. The movie was already at least a half hour into the movie.

So I stand nearby to make sure they don't sneak in. After a while, one of the kids comes out and goes to the bathroom. A couple minutes later, the other kid (the one who asked about the ID) opens the door a little and pokes his head out to see where his friend went. I asked him if I could help him and he said, "My friend ditched me." and I told him he went to the bathroom. My manager stayed by that door and they never again came out of that movie once they knew I and my manager were watching them. lol

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#62 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

View PostLina, on Mar 9 2010, 02:27 PM, said:

We knew they were gonna try and sneak in because

4. No one in their mind should ever watch a Dwayne Johnson comedy. Ever.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#63 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on Mar 9 2010, 02:50 PM, said:

4. No one in their mind should ever watch a Dwayne Johnson comedy. Ever.

I was going to see it because of Billy Crystal and Julie Andrews and hockey.

I love Julie Andrews. :heart:

ACen '14 Cosplay

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#64 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

View PostLina, on Mar 9 2010, 02:52 PM, said:

I was going to see it because of Billy Crystal and Julie Andrews and hockey.

I love Julie Andrews. :heart:

Well thats fine, but to see Dwayne go from "Can you smell what the rock is cooking!?" to "*Beep* yeah, I'm the Scorpion King!" to "Where did this girl come from!?" is sad for a former wrestling fan ):

In it's defense, I've only read reviews stating its too kiddy even for kids and there's better family comedies out there.

#65 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 21692

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

I work at a place that is similar to Chuck E. Cheese but better. During the summer we get a lot of camps that come to visit (a lot meaning that through the day we can have 1,000+ kids/tweens/teens/adults there) and because I work in the restaurant I get to worry taking care of all of their food needs.

Now when we have these 1,000+ kids we are still open to the public. So besides having to take care of pizza for the camps, we also have to take care of the miscellaneous food needs of the normal customer.

Note also that it can get REALLY loud in the restaurant when you have a few hundred people eating at once, it can get really loud.

So there was one day where we had one particularly loud group sitting in one of our dining rooms. A customer had ordered a pizza (and after giving the usual "It should be ready in about 10-15 minutes" spiel) and it was finally ready. One of my coworkers called the order number over the PA system (which can be heard through most of the building) and we waited for the person to show up. A few minutes later we called again, and still no one showed up for the pizza.

I glance around, and I think I see the woman who ordered the pizza. I wave to her and call out her number (hoping it was hers so that we didn't have to worry about it anymore) and let her know that her pizza is ready. She was suprised and said she didn't hear her number called and I apologize saying that she might not have heard it because the group was so noisy.

Now I thought everything was fine but then her husband comes to the counter. He starts yelling about that pizza had been sitting there for a long time and if they knew it was theirs they would have picked it up sooner. I cut in and apologize again saying that their number was called and that they might not have been able to hear it because of the groups being noisy.

He responds with "I don't appreciate you lying to me". I try to explain again that his number was called but he cuts me off yelling "Don't lie to me. I don't appreciate being lied to. No one called our number. I was watching that phone (we use the telephone to make any announcements and we have 2 phones that we can do this with) the entire time and no one went over there and called the number". I tried again to explain to him that the number was called (and yes, I saw AND heard my coworker make the announcement so I wasn't lying in the least). He continues to yell about not appreciating being lied to and demanding to see a manager so I call her over and let her deal with it.

She ended up refunding their money and making them a new pizza (even though the other one had been sitting under the heater for at most 10 minutes and was still perfectly good). I felt sorry for my coworker though because the guy was tearing her to pieces about his stupid pizza. Even our manager agreed with us that he was a jerk.

It's one of the things I hate the most about working in a "customer service" position. People think we're trying to rip them off but I don't make enough to have it be worth it to lie to them.
Questions about Registration? Email us at registration@ACen.org

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2011-2014
Department Head of Registration 2015

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

#66 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

I started working at Long John Silver's when I was sixteen. It was right next to an EconoLodge, so we had lots of weird stories. I'll tell two mediocre ones and then the awesome one:

1) This guy from the Lodge next door came in and ordered some food. We talked while he was waiting, and then we got his food and left. Five minutes later the phone rang and it was for me. My manager handed it to me and looked at me strangely. When I picked up the phone it was that guy asking me if I'd like to go back to his motel room for a couple drinks.
Me: "Um...I'm sorry. No?"
Him: "Oh man I'm sorry I bet you have a boyfriend. You have a boyfriend don't you?"
Me: "Well yeah, I do. But I'm also sixteen."
Him: "....Oh. Ok...bye...-click-"

2) We had a mandatory meeting at 8 am the morning after our assistant manager threw a huge party. So they all showed up really tired and slightly hung over. After a few quarrels about sharing food and such, my co-worker Justin turns to face everyone and says "Hey guys, Gene (another co-worker) got super drunk last night. I took a video of my c**k-slapping him in the face. Wanna see?" He showed a few people anyways, and Gene seemed totally cool with everything, until we got up for a cigarette break. Then all of a sudden Gene and Justin were rolling around on the floor and then out the door and into the parking lot. So everyone just sat there smoking and watching Amy (head manager) try to break them up.

3) We were closed, and Donnie and Justin were cleaning the dining room. Some guy all of a sudden busts through the side door closest to the Econolodge. He's shirtless and wild and freaking out. He runs around the dining room, picking up bottles of vinegar and slamming them on the ground and chucking them across the dining room screaming "I GOT YOU!!!!" and generally just thrashing about. Donnie, being a dumb boy, just watched him as he did this, without alerting anyone. Justin finally comes out from the kitchen and sees what's going on and pretty much takes a dump in his pants, and alerts Lee, the manager. Lee doesn't believe him for a while, and the whole time this man is destroying the dining room. Finally Lee goes and has a look, freaks out and calls the police. It took a few men and two cans of pepper spray to get this man down.

Turns out he was on crack, and woke up next to his wife at the EconoLodge, didn't recognize her, and chased her around with a pipe before coming to LJS.

For a while, all you had to do was say "OMG SOMEONE IS AT THE DOOR" after hours to Justin and he'd crap his pants all over again.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#67 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9167

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

The more I read this, the better I feel knowing others have jobs that suck as well.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#68 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 2403

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

View PostLina, on Mar 9 2010, 09:27 PM, said:

I had a BLAST doing that when Bruno and the Hangover came out. When kids/teens go with their parents to see an R movie and the parents leave. Uh uh. We are kicking your kids out if you don't get your butt back in their. And when parents buy tickets for their kids and then leave, but we tell them to get a refund or see a different movie because they can't see it. "But we have tickets" is not an excuse. lol I recently kicked a few kids out for sneaking into Shutter Island and a couple of weeks ago, for The Wolfman.

We had these teens who weren't old enough to see The Wolfman. One of the teens came in and asked if he can use his school ID. I told him there is no way for us to tell if he is old enough and that he'd need a driver's license or a state ID. He said ok and went outside. He and his friend bought tickets for the Tooth Fairy (which was right next door) and they went in. We knew they were gonna try and sneak in because

So I stand nearby to make sure they don't sneak in. After a while, one of the kids comes out and goes to the bathroom. A couple minutes later, the other kid (the one who asked about the ID) opens the door a little and pokes his head out to see where his friend went. I asked him if I could help him and he said, "My friend ditched me." and I told him he went to the bathroom. My manager stayed by that door and they never again came out of that movie once they knew I and my manager were watching them. lol

Thats always fun. We're not stupid. If you are denied tickets for the 6:00 show of Crazies and instead get tickets for a 10:00 Dear John. We know something is up.

It blows my mind how idiotic our guests can get.
Visit my devart, if you dare.

ACen 2013 Cosplays:
Dean Winchester - Supernatural
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians

http://www.neopets.c...name=wolfdog173

#69 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

View PostDoggeh, on Mar 9 2010, 09:41 PM, said:

Thats always fun. We're not stupid. If you are denied tickets for the 6:00 show of Crazies and instead get tickets for a 10:00 Dear John. We know something is up.

It blows my mind how idiotic our guests can get.

I know! These people arrived 75 minutes early for a showing of Harry Potter and started walking toward the theater and I was like, "Seriously? I'm not stupid. I read the time on the ticket and I know there isn't another showing for another 75 minutes."

I'm ready for "She's Out of My League" A lot of kids are gonna want to see that movie so I'm ready to kick 'em out. >D

ACen '14 Cosplay

#70 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

View PostLina, on Mar 9 2010, 03:27 PM, said:

Your movie theater sounds like it is no fun at all.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#71 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

God I want to post in here so bad, but I would be putting myself at such risk xD

Best stories are from working at Disney World and living on property. OMG, some of the stuff that happens at the Disney housing is completely insane.

Using mountain climbing gear to climb to the top of one of the rollercoasters was pretty nuts too.

Uhg, said too much :-P
~~

#72 User is offline   gadgets 

• Has a Sweet Ride
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19669

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

View Postredx1, on Mar 9 2010, 10:04 PM, said:

God I want to post in here so bad, but I would be putting myself at such risk xD

Best stories are from working at Disney World and living on property. OMG, some of the stuff that happens at the Disney housing is completely insane.

Using mountain climbing gear to climb to the top of one of the rollercoasters was pretty nuts too.

aww come on it be funny to hear stories from working on disney property
absinthe feels like a trail of fire going down

1 bottle of everclear
1bottle of becardi 151
2 bottles of absinth

Moto-Cosplay

and on another news.....My Bike is Paid off WoooHooo

#73 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

OH DUDE. I just remembered a story my husband told me from when we worked at Wendy's.

So one day, he's at the register, and this woman and her two sons come in. (Her sons, by the way, are in their late teens or so. Keep this in mind.) They order a cheeseburger for one son, and a chicken sandwich for the other. Sandwiches are made, wrapped, put on the tray, family goes to their table.

A minute later, one of the sons comes up and says he got the wrong sandwich, holding up the cheeseburger. Alrighty then, chicken sandwich is made, and he goes back to the table.

Right on his heels, the other son comes up, and says he got the wrong sandwich, holding up a chicken sandwich. At this point, Jamie realizes that they had opened up each others' sandwiches, but as the cheeseburger had already been tossed, a new one was made.

OH. And then there was the awesome case where a guy and his buddy ordered at the drive-thru, and as they got their food from Jamie, the driver held up a bag full of weed, laughed at Jamie in a "sucker!" way, then sped off. But he wasn't fast enough to keep Jamie from noting the license plate and calling the cops~
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#74 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:29 AM

View Postgadgets, on Mar 9 2010, 11:08 PM, said:

aww come on it be funny to hear stories from working on disney property

I'll tell you in person next time we meet. I'm seriously afraid to post the stories on a public forum. That's how cult-ish it is to work for Disney.

They really do brainwash you when you work for them.
~~

#75 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:30 AM

I wanna work for Disney. ; 3; My life would be complete. Especially if I could be Alice.
ACen '14 Cosplay

#76 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:30 AM

Just had a shoplifter here at work. A case of beer. Will post more when I get home, I'll just edit. Thank god for wifi near work.

0208 hours, some idiots played kick the can with our trash can. Shocking. What kind of night is this!

<edit> Full story

Tonight was a fairly messed up night. I would have sworn it was a Saturday. Just before 1am, two guys came in. As I'm watching them, one of them calls me over to the beer case to unlock it. As I make my way over there, his buddy breaks off to the side. I'm used to this because often times the one would pass the money to buy it to the other and walk away. I can't always confirm it since I don't actually see the money exchanging hands. When I see it, I stop the sale there. Well, I ask him what he wants, and he's beating around the bush.

I glance through the beer door glass, those who work retail know to always use reflections if you can't see someone directly, and the the other guy start to move a bit quickly for the door. The guy I'm dealing with by the beer claims he's going to see where his buddy went, he had more money. I walk to my position behind the counter and look out the window. The guy that had left had a case of beer and the two joined a group of 5 people. I call the cops, tell my coworker to man the registers, grab a radio, and follow them.

I keep my distance a bit. I can take on a few, maybe 4 myself, 5 if I'm really lucky, but not 7 people. They decided to go into another 7-11. I get a call from my coworker saying the cops had arrived and I told her my location. They arrived, I told them the situation, and the two that came into the store were both arrested. Yay! Another court date.

A little while after that, a couple more guys wanted to buy booze. Not a problem for me. They were talking all friendly, though slightly intoxicated, but alright enough for me to sell to them. I ring them up and they want to slipt the cost, half on one guy's card, the rest in cash from the other guy. I ask for both IDs. The one guy showed his, it expired a few days ago. It's not a valid ID but I sometime give a weeks leniency for in state IDs, a month for out of state. It help keep the problems down a bit. The other guy seemed a little nervous showing his ID but eventually he did. Barely 20 years old. Removed the booze from the counter and asked them to leave. After a brief argument, they left. Only to come back later and wait outside while one of their friends, a guy who often comes in to buy a few 40s a few times a week came in.

Just before the buzzer, we suspend alcohol sales at 2am, I completed the sale and as he walked out, I heard our wrought iron trash can outside slam into the ground. It turns out that the other two were waiting out there for him. Now I'm arguing with them to pick it up and they refused. I drew my baton, and they snapped into order and picked it up, but didn't put it back into place. As I'm arguing with them, their buddy, the one who just bought beer, was telling them, "Let's go, I got the booze, let's get out of here!"

This ticked my off quite a bit, so I swung the baton at the bag breaking at least two of the 40s, I may have broken all three, but I didn't want to check. Now they one of the guys thinks he can beat the living s**t out of me for it. 9 times out the 10, the baton is little more the a weapon of deterrence. Since he was drunk, I knew his sense of pain would be severely retarded (yes, I used it properly for this sentence. Not as an insult, look it up). I grabbed my stun gun out with my left hand and shocked the heck out of him. It was a good 4 seconds, not enough to do any significant damage, but enough for his body to seize momentarily. The other two, and the onlookers that gathered, just stared. The two guys picked up their buddy and help he away, leaving the bag of booze on the ground. I grabbed the bag, slammed it into the trash can to make sure the other bottle broke, slammed the tip of the baton into the ground to collapse it, those who have used it know what I'm talking about, and went back inside to call the police and let them know what happened.

I swear, I'm going to pitch a TV show called "Tales from the Third Shift." And does anyone else think I carry too many weapons, or am I just imagining things? And sorry about the suspense, there's no way I can write all this down from my ipod while on a smoke break.

This post has been edited by Carnage_Black3: 10 March 2010 - 10:33 AM

ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#77 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

View PostLina, on Mar 10 2010, 12:30 AM, said:

I wanna work for Disney. ; 3; My life would be complete. Especially if I could be Alice.

Disney is a scary place if you're six years old and lost from your family :(

#78 User is offline   Ashikana 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5452

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

Movie theaters are filled with so many random things that happen. ^.^
Usually really strange things happen to me
Like the following. It is a long story and I tried to break it up so it is not one huge block of text

This was a couple months back during the 1st evening set.
These two kids come in, they couldn't be older then 14. So they ask for tickets to 'This is it'
So I told them that it was more then 30 minutes into the movie, they have missed to much and I wouldn't refund their money if they came back out.
So they decided to see something else, and come back to me and proceed to ask for tickets to 'The men who stare at goats'
To which I told them its rated R and they won't be getting tickets to it. They make faces and ask for tickets to 'couples retreat'

I proceeded to tell them that if we catch them sneaking into any R rated movies they will be kicked out and Im not giving them their money back. They seem to be fine with this, and agree. I then tell them how much it is and something ridulous happened.

The one kid pulled out fake money. Im not talking about money that was copied or anything, Im talking about monopoly style money called jefferson bucks. -.-

'Alright that is not real money, you cannot use that'
'Yes I can my friend told me you accept this here'
'If you don't have real money get out.'
'Fine!'

They leave, and stand outside infront of the theatre, leaving me to wonder where my managers are to get them to leave. So I ended up telling this to the manager once I found him, he laughed at how stupid teenagers are and sat down at the desk.
So I hear the door open and go back up to the box office and see the two kids come back in.

'Yes?'
At this point one of them takes off his shoe, put it on the counter and tell me 'I stepped in something outside and you need to clean it off of my shoe'
'your joking. I will not clean your shoe, now there are napkins over there clean off your shoe and then get out'
'well what are YOU going to do about what I stepped in?'
'Im not gonna do anything, go tell the manager' Smiling cause the manager is a bigger guy and wont take any attitude from kids.
As he left he was shouting about how our theatre sucks and he wont be coming back ever.
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#79 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

I vote we all find Carnage a new job.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Or a tank"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#80 User is offline   gadgets 

• Has a Sweet Ride
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19669

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

i vote someone make a panel out of this
18+ of course
absinthe feels like a trail of fire going down

1 bottle of everclear
1bottle of becardi 151
2 bottles of absinth

Moto-Cosplay

and on another news.....My Bike is Paid off WoooHooo

#81 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29758

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

View Postsentinel28a, on Mar 10 2010, 10:23 PM, said:

I vote we all find Carnage a new job.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Or a tank"

but..but..then we would lose his awesome stories.

How about a stun sword! like in ape escape or somethin.
PSN Account- Eingau Please Go on and add me, i would gladly accept.

#82 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

I like this job, I can kick @$$ and not get fired, as long as I do it in self defense. A tank would be too bulky, but I like the stun sword. I can work withthat.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#83 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19831

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

View PostCarnage_Black3, on Mar 10 2010, 11:22 PM, said:

I like this job, I can kick @$$ and not get fired, as long as I do it in self defense. A tank would be too bulky, but I like the stun sword. I can work withthat.

Your job sounds like so much fun! It makes me sad that employees are not allowed to have any physical contact with the idiots that try to shoplift at walmart T_T
Cosplay.com!!![Fullmetal_C]
Deviant Art!!![ShojO-ShortY][/center]

#84 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

View PostFullmetal_C, on Mar 11 2010, 10:12 AM, said:

Your job sounds like so much fun! It makes me sad that employees are not allowed to have any physical contact with the idiots that try to shoplift at walmart T_T

Well, "Technically" We are not supposed to do anything other then call the police. I handle the situations by willfully disregarding the given reg. The boss-man "knows" nothing. If you catch me drift. However, I can always use self defense to my advantage since I put myself between them and the door. Only way to get to the door is to touch me. I claim self defense, and nothing can be done against me. It's on camera I was touched first, so, yeah...

And only one story from last night, though it's funny.

Around 11:20pm, about 8 guys with guitars came in. After a short while, they left and as I'm cleaning the sotre, I find a guitar case, with a nice one inside. Now I'm used to things left there. Wallets, credit cards, IDs, keys, cellphones, the usual, small stuff. Never a guitar. And at the time of this post, it's still at my work waiting to be picked up.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#85 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:09 PM

View PostCarnage_Black3, on Mar 11 2010, 06:22 AM, said:

A lightsaber would be better. Whip that puppy out from behind the counter, and there would be no crime within a mile of your store.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"There's a frickin' Jedi Knight workin' the 7-11!"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#86 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

View PostTakuya_Neko, on Mar 10 2010, 03:30 PM, said:

I proceeded to tell them that if we catch them sneaking into any R rated movies they will be kicked out and Im not giving them their money back. They seem to be fine with this, and agree. I then tell them how much it is and something ridulous happened.

The one kid pulled out fake money. Im not talking about money that was copied or anything, Im talking about monopoly style money called jefferson bucks. -.-

'Alright that is not real money, you cannot use that'
'Yes I can my friend told me you accept this here'
'If you don't have real money get out.'
'Fine!'

This made me hunt down an LJ entry I had from almost five years ago that was very similar to this. It was in early June of '05, when I was working Games at Great America. Some of you from the area might also remember that as the year Hurricane Harbor opened. Well, here's a couple of the best scenes I witnessed/took part in.

If there was one thing I enjoyed about my job there, it was dealing with teenagers. (You can't tell, but my voice is dripping with saturated sarcasm.) Not just any teenagers, teenage boys. Some are okay, and know how to be mature and with a good sense of humor. Others are cocky, moochy, and just plain stupid. But the good part about working in Games - unlike with Rides - is that I could be as no-nonsensical as I desired with them. My favorites were the ones who:
- asked if they had to pay to play (uhhh yeah?)
- if they could take free practice shots at the games (if we were in a particularly jovial mood and it was slow as &^%$ and our managers didn't care, sure)
- my personal favorite: asking me for money.

I had one kid, who had to have been 13 or 14, who was a classic, and was my only perpetrator of the third action. I was working at one of the water-gun-target race games at the time, and he and his two buddies (around the same age) came walking up to my stand.

Kid: How much does this cost?
Me: Three dollars per person.
Kid: *nods toward my money apron around my waist* Can I have some money so I can play?
*I cross my arms and give him a look that plainly says, "Are you serious?"*
Kid: Please?
*continue looking at him, no vocal response*
Kid: Okay, fine then.

He said those parting words in the best bratty tone I've yet to hear from a boy his age as he walked off with his friends. As soon as they were out of earshot, I started laughing. One of my leads came up and asked what had happened (having seen the exchange, but was out of earshot and was curious). When I told her, she started laughing and shaking her head in disbelief. Turned out I wasn't the only one the kids had tried to mooch into essentially getting a free game.

And if that little gem wasn't bad enough, I LOVED how Hurricane Harbor had made people think that the entire park was part of the water park. Seriously - it stated on the tickets and in the pamphlets that when you aren't in H.H., shoes and clothes are required. Not recommended, REQUIRED. And yet because the section was so new, the people in Security and Admissions weren't all on board with the new rules, and were prone to telling people that they could still walk around in just their bathing suits when they left H.H. I can't tell you how many times I stopped people to tell them "Miss, you have to put a shirt on, bikini tops don't count" or "Sir, you have to put a shirt on" or "Ma'am, you have to wear shorts over your bathing suit."

Yes, I did have to say that last one. Just a couple of days after the Mooch Trio came to my stall, I had to say it to a woman sauntering through County Fair with her husband and kids. This woman was very obese, and was wearing a black one-piece with a thin white see-through cover robe. WHILE DRIPPING WET. Dear. God. That image was forever burned into my mind. That woman gave me a look that could kill, but thankfully one of my managers was nearby and told her that she was required to have actual clothes on, then pointed her in the direction of the nearest restrooms. (One of my friends who worked on the Viper even had one woman try to get on wearing nothing but a very skimpy bikini and a see-through sarong. Needless to say, they didn't allow her on until she put on actual clothes, despite vehement protests.)

Oh, Hurricane Harbor...
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#87 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

Well another fun story working at the liquor store happened today, a car drove into our building and i mean into the enter and exit doors, do not know what he was doing or why he decided that our store was a drive through. But boy did that shake the store and everyone in it. Oh and i can understand Carnage i do not work third but i normally get out at about 10pm so the fun usually starts, though the cool thing is my boss is kind of a weapons junkie so he goes and gets us things for just in case, like a stun glove witch i have stared to wear every night shift, and i also have a baton as well.
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#88 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 51456

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

View Postredx1, on Mar 9 2010, 11:04 PM, said:

Hmmm Reminds me of when i worked at Cedar Point for a summer... Those were some weird times,, Theme Parks are more than entertainment to the employees.. :unsure:

#89 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

View PostSupremeKai, on Mar 11 2010, 05:59 PM, said:

Well another fun story working at the liquor store happened today, a car drove into our building and i mean into the enter and exit doors, do not know what he was doing or why he decided that our store was a drive through. But boy did that shake the store and everyone in it. Oh and i can understand Carnage i do not work third but i normally get out at about 10pm so the fun usually starts, though the cool thing is my boss is kind of a weapons junkie so he goes and gets us things for just in case, like a stun glove witch i have stared to wear every night shift, and i also have a baton as well.

Sadly, if a car was to slam in my building, I'd still be ringing. The only time we can ever really close is if we get robbed. I remember coming to the store one day and the front window, right next to the counter, was gone. I don't mean shards on the frame, but completely gone. Turn out, while I wasn't there a fight broke out outside and one threw the other into the window. *pouts* I wish I was there. I could have had ALOT of fun with it. I wound up ringing with a missing windows for about 4 hours until the window crew came around and replaced it. I had some fun with the open window. Managed to just step over the sill for a smoke and I was taking care of some customers without them even having to come in.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#90 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

Another story I remembered was one year it was a friday thirteenth and our gas station suffered the misfortune of having two drive offs. And when I say drive offs, I mean the customers forgot to remove the nozzle from their gas caps and drove away from the pump, tearing the hoses off and making the pumps useless.

To this day, I don't know what made them have such relapses in judgement. o.o

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users