#541 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 12 January 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Couple of stories.

Good one first. We were able to catch a shoplifter in the store today. Not only did his buddy take off in the car and leave him, after calling the parents they told the officer, "send his butt to juvie!" Nice to see some real parents are still out there. :)/>

Silly one. While getting called up front to help bag groceries one of the ladies asked me, "could you put the pop in one of the bags too? (using correct english instead of the urban slang she used as words). She then pointed to the 12 pack of pop, somehow thinking that was going to fit in a bag. I just laughed and told her, "um, no." :P/>

And on the bad side, we are still throwing away prefectly good toys at one job and food at the other. And it's annoying how hard to try to get this stuff donated and nobody cares. :/

i feel like if those parents were really doing their job, their kids wouldn't be out stealing from convenience stores.

#542 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

Ooh, ooh! My favorite story working at Meijer. There was a chronic thief in the area who was hitting up all of the local Meijer stores - so LP had been tipped off that he would hit our store one particular night. (I'm glad I'm not the only one here who works the graveyard shift.) I'm chillin', not even really paying attention to what's going on, completely unaware of what's about to go down, and suddenly I see about 10 city police officers bolt in the doors, following our LP guy towards the back of the store. This idiot decided it would be a good idea to climb over the cage that holds our electronics in the storage area in the back of the store. He was able to get over the fence - with it's sizable 2 foot gap from the ceiling, but wasn't able to get back out. He was surrounded, with his body straddled over the top of the fence in the middle of the air. The cops tazed him, had our night manager pull out a forklift, had him lift up several officers on a pallet attached to the forklift, and then, apprehended the moron. Mentally, all I could think of was, "First floor, electronics. Second floor, incapacitated thieves. Please keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times..."
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#543 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

A customer asks me for sample the iced version of the caramel macchiato since they had the hot version before. I'm in the middle of making drinks, cleaning up after the morning shift, and in the don't talk to me or I will curse you out if you make me mad mood. I said ask my coworker so that my coworker would take the hint and make the customer the sample of it, they didn't get the hint to take care of this customer. Then the customer comes back to me telling me what they wanted: soy because they can't have any milk and make it sugar free caramel. I tell them the sauce doesn't come in sugar free and I keep leaving the bar for any little reason: need more milk, etc. I was making another drink when they noticed that we had Raspberry syrup and the store they go to doesn't have it. The customer ask me what is my favorite coffee drink. I told them I don't drink coffee and they asked me how can I work in a coffee shop. I got placed here when I was hired so don't ask me why. The customer then ask me what is my favorite syrup, doctor's orders no sugar so none. Sugar Free? No. I can only have tea. Oh they said. I give them half of the cup so they can try. They start asking for more sugar free vanilla and more caramel. The customer tells me that they need to get their significant other to try and they leave never to come back. Free loader! I was so mad after that. I wanted the customer to leave and I told my coworker that I wanted them to make the sample because I wasn't in the mood to deal with them. Plus I suck at making sample size. My coworker noticed the questions I was getting but couldn't help me since they were on the register. My coworker thinks that the customer wanted to make me mad.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#544 User is offline   Whodigiya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 63372

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

All these stories make me glad I work where I work, because some of this stuff is ridiculous.
Everything I say is either true or extremely handsome!

#545 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

Today I made sure to remind my boss I won't be around next weekend (I told him about two weeks ago , too, and he was fine with it) and he totally flipped his lid because I guess a bunch of other people called off those days! I knew he was going to try to bully me into not going or coming back early Saturday/leaving late on Friday so while he was running around the restaurant yelling and flailing the schedule angrily I was like "lol peace out" and snuck out the back door.

Glad I told him that AFTER he gave me a bonus at the end of my shift. >_>;;

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users