Work Stories Did that REALLY happen?

#481 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19831

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:07 PM

View PostAshori, on 05 August 2010 - 11:36 PM, said:

Okay, rant about my day today. I swear, today had to be one of the most messed up days in my store outside of Black Friday.

It's the beginning of the month - we're busy. And for some god-only-knows reason, we're understaffed like heck. And it's been like this for days. It makes me wonder what the frick happened to all the cashiers we just hired. Anyway, back to the fun.

Today was my short shift for the week, so I wasn't expecting so many troubles. Especially when I was placed on the GM side, known for being very quiet since not many people go over there. However, not the case. About an hour into my shift and a few small busy-splurts, I started to run out of change so I place in my request. 20 minutes past, still didn't get it, so I request it again. See my supervisor as she's walking past and trying to motion people down to my side since the grocery side of the store is super busy (again, understaffed) and I have no one on my side (I've just been organizing back-to-school for the past 20 minutes between customers and waiting for change). I ask her about my change, and she tells me just to go to another register.

...Really? That's her solution? Go to another register? -sigh- So I go to the other register that I knew was already used for the day since the one next to me wasn't working. However, about 20 minutes later, I'm out of change in that one too. Again, we're still busy and my supervisor is nowhere to be found. So I hop over to another register. I don't stay there long either as it turns out - surprise - that it too is low on change. WTF.

I finally give up and go back to my register, keep my light off, and request my change again. Five minutes later, I get my change. What do you know, miracles happen. However, by now it's going on 7pm and I haven't gotten my break for the day...and I really need it to go and get my migraine medicine since I'm starting to get nauseous and dizzy due to it. Time goes on and it reaches 7:30 by the time I see another supervisor. I ask her about my break and she tells me to turn out my light. Freaking yay.

Then to add onto my night, once it was all done, I got bit by mosquitoes and now have like six or so bites on my arms and hands...and I was inside the building. Evil. Very evil.

-rant done-

WOW that does suck, the csms are usually pretty good about that stuff by us, the one thing that bothers me though is they call secondaries up for EVERYTHING. omg there is a line *paged up* *sigh* They used to call us up to cover breaks and junk too until my dept. manager talked to them and told them that was NOT ok. Usually when i work i only get 4 hour shifts because A) i'm part time and B) i refuse to open my availability until 11 other than 2 nights, sooo my manager usually needs me in the dept. Seriously though, WHY do we need someone in HBA until 11 when 3rd shift comes in at 10? Working 7 to 11, 2 to 11. or 3 to 11 all the time is just not my cup of tea i guess. Stupid system scheduling =,= Does anyone else have this problem? It just seems soo LAME >.>
Cosplay.com!!![Fullmetal_C]
Deviant Art!!![ShojO-ShortY][/center]

#482 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:02 AM

Okay, so a couple of fun/cute stories from the past few nights:

-One of my fellow associates jammed up our paper shredder trying to get a little too much into it, and then tried to get out with no result. He tried to pull out the paper, reverse it with the buttons, and even tried to use the end of a broom to push out the paper (not the smartest idea, but hey). I tried to help, but I was cracking up too hard. In the end, I had to go up front to hop on register, so all I could do was pat him on the shoulder and say "Good luck." When I clocked out at 11pm that night, the 3rd shift maintenance staff was working on trying to get the paper out of the shredder with pliers. XD

-I was organizing near another register, and there was this little girl sitting in a cart while her mother was checking out at the register. So I said hi, asked her if she was being a good helper and stuff like that, basically being cute and friendly with the little one to keep her occupied. Then the little girl pulled out this purple bouncy ball from her pocket. So continuing on I went, "Oh, that's a pretty bouncy ball!" The girl then threw it past me, making me having to go and get it back. I get it, smile and say that she's being silly while she's smiling at me. I hand it back to her - she does it again. We do this about five more times until we decide to just roll it around in our hands. Finally her mother was done shopping so I gave the ball back to the girl and she placed it back in her pocket and I told her, "Thank you for letting me play with your bouncy ball." It was so cute and it was actually a lot of fun - and I got some more exercise for the night. XD
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#483 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:07 AM

So yesterday I went into work and my co-worker told me that our boss wanted to talk to me and that he would be there in 20 minutes. I got so scared thinking that I was going to get in trouble or fired.

When he comes in he tells me that our Ebay and PayPal accounts are frozen and it will take at least a week to fix, so he told me that I can stay home the rest of the week and he will pay me for 40 hours this week too! I was so happy when I heard that, even though I told him that he doesn't need to pay me for work that I'm not doing.

This post has been edited by Lina: 01 September 2010 - 12:07 AM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#484 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

XD Poor Lina. At least he's nice to pay you for 40 hours this week.
I'd seriously be scared to death too if I was getting called in like that - I'm like that right now actually (see story about trying to pick up FMLA papers and couldn't). I had to miss an entire week of work due to a massive sinus infection - and thanks to my autoimmune disorder I swear anything I get is amplified and made worse - and about four days before that I had to call off work because a lugnut on my van's passenger side front tire broke off while I was riding in it with no way to fix the tire.

Currently I don't have any available absences, since I hadn't been coached for my absences from...oh, a year and a half ago now I'd wager, and I don't have my leave back yet - when I checked again, I'm apparently still 66 hours off (trying again in mid-September) - so I'm just very scared of being coached before I can get my leave back. I know once I get coached, I'll be fired soon after due to getting sick and, despite my complaints about it, I really do love my job and DON'T want to lose it.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)

#485 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

Okay miserable day of work the other day.

Decided to check in and see if I got enough hours in to get my medical leave. Apparently again for this twelve-month period, I STILL don't. So again, I'm having to go some more time before I can try and ask for it again and hope to high heaven I get it back for the hard fall and winter weather settles in. So of course, after being let down for a third time, I'm very upset and the first thing that happens when I get out front is that I get yelled at by my supervisor because I'm trying to get to take care of things in order to be able to still work.

Then when I thought I finally had calmed down from that, a new problem comes up. I had one of our associates come in shopping and between chit-chatting with her since she hasn't been around for a couple of months and checking out her items, found out her iTunes card isn't activating properly. I went to get her a new one, but this one actually allowed for her discount to work unlike the other one so it was trying to give back $1.50 after her debit already went through. Of course, I don't know how to exactly work this on my register so I called over my supervisor. I tried to explain it to her and she didn't listen to me. She kept asking me what was the problem and where the receipt was for the order and all this other stuff instead of listening to me about how I was confused of how I could give the associate back the $1.50 after her debit already ran through, but the transaction wasn't completed yet because the iTunes card didn't activate properly.

Instead, my supervisor gets all angry at me instead of explaining anything to me, aborts the entire transaction, makes me ring it all back up again, then goes "What was so hard about that?". Really? Did you have to embarrass me like that? I was confused about how to give back the money owed to the customer after their debit went through but the whole transaction wasn't completed! I seriously felt so horrible I started crying for the second time that day (the first time was after she yelled at me when I was already feeling down about not being able to get my medical leave back).

It's like I couldn't win the other day - between my supervisor being a jerk, not getting my medical leave back again, and everything going wrong at my register that could go wrong, I seriously felt so drained. And now today I get to go back in for another 8 1/2 hour shift. x.x

#486 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58548

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

So yeah It just had to happen I heard it from 5 people at work that opened on Sunday.

We are across the street from a walmart that is open an hour before us and has the bathrooms in the front and still this happened.

So prior to the store opening a gentleman and his son see several associates walking in, assuming its open he and his son get out of his car and take off at a dead run in the building.

So anyways since associates were walking in the opening manager turned the power on the doors on and watched the man run in and had several associates watch him and about halfway down aisle 5 the man took a dump in Aisle 5. Our bathrooms are in the back of the store. He never made it back there. Once this happened he turned around with his son and walked out, grumbling something intelligible and and seeming to point blame of the spot on his son. Several associates immediately grabbed stuff to clean it up all disqusted and reminding each other cleaning that material is not in our job descriptions.

I was wondering why Sunday I almost passed out by the overwelming bleach smell as several aisles smelled like an entire pallet of bleach had been dumped on them.

That explained it all. Ironically because we were all aware that Walmart was open and their bathrooms were so close by, it was deemed that the man had done that deliberately.

Made for an interesting day thats for sure.
ACEN 2010-Inuyasha- progress 100% time taken 3 years
ACEN 2011-Sailor Saturn- progress 95% time taken 3 years

#487 User is offline   IchigoKitKat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58822

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

I use to be a cashier and this women told me to lay her groceries on her kid who was in the cart laying down ^^;;

This post has been edited by IchigoKitKat: 29 September 2010 - 01:56 PM

Surprise Cosplay!

2011 COSPLAY
Luka-JBF Vocaloid
Katara- Avatar the Last Airbender

#488 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

View PostIchigoKitKat, on 29 September 2010 - 12:19 PM, said:

I use to be a cashier and this women told me to lay her groceries on her kid who was in the cart laying down ^^;;

lols. That's horrible.
That kind of parenting reminded me of this picture.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#489 User is offline   IchigoKitKat 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 29 September 2010 - 03:00 PM, said:

lols. That's horrible.
That kind of parenting reminded me of this picture.

X_X Oh my god! That poor baby looks like its about to suffocate. <<; I don't mean to crack jokes but maybe he thought some person would pick pocketthe kid X_X but still...that's no excuse to bad parenting!
Surprise Cosplay!

2011 COSPLAY
Luka-JBF Vocaloid

#490 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:47 PM

This one's gross. I was eating dinner in our lounge. Our employee bathrooms are located there. One guy did whisper about it to another. He went into the men's room & came out yelling about the size of it. Comparing it to a foot long sandwich. Then they showed it to the manger, who also came out shouting about the size of an unflushable turd. Gee I love the people I work with. (sigh)
Currently writing a book.

#491 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:04 PM

im pretty pissed about my job, 2 years and i have yet to get a raise, and yet someone whos been there only 1 year has gotten 2 already, and another thats only been there a few months got at least 1 maybe 2. ive come to the point where ive lost my will to care about my job anymore
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#492 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:12 AM

While working with my dad this past weekend this little boy about two years old came out of the house, ran to the car in the driveway and tried opening the door. It was locked so he started back up to the house. While walking up the driveway I looked at him, took my keys and jingled them at him saying I have the keys, as a joke. He smiled at me, walked up to me, spoke to me in Arabian and ran back inside the house. A two year old kid called me a thief; very offensive in my language. Later, he then called my dad a -- well, I won't translate and it's not what you think. His dad told him to apologize and even then he said something even worse. This kid understood not a single word of English and yet he knew all these bad words. Go figure where he learnt them from.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#493 User is offline   Snow_Storm 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58697

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:35 AM

Hmm, this past Sunday, this ghetto woman was about to fight with a much younger girl (around 17-20 years of age) over some bullcrap like she wasn't working as much as everyone else. A few hours later, another ghetto coworker of mines threaten one of my friends with a butcher's knife and locked him in the freezer. She's gonna be fired for the incident.

You gotta love working with people who have no type of sense.
ACen 2014 Cosplay List (Final)

Goat-Kun (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni) - Friday
Garterbelt (Panty and Stocking) - Saturday
Coach (Left 4 Dead 2) - Thursay (maybe), Saturday

#494 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:11 AM

There were panties in the book shelf at the library I worked at.

Someone banged in the library and got away with it.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#495 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:07 AM

View PostJeff, on 05 October 2010 - 09:11 AM, said:

Prayer Police likes this

I remember one summer, back when I was a pre-teen, me and and a bunch a friends decided to make our own summer camp to avoid going to the lame ones our parents wanted us to go.
We black-mailed Christopher Lloyd into helping front our fake summer camp.
Then, we presented fake camp credentials to our parents thinking we were going to legit Theater, Computer, Fat, Sports, Military, etc.... summer camps.
We were our own "Camp Counselors" while just wasting the summer away in a forest in the middle of nowhere with no adult supervision and no rules. It was paradise for kids.
I guess this would count as a work story because we were the ones who "worked" the camp as fake summer camp counselors.
Eventually, the parents decided they wanted to drop by for a visit which would uncover/spoiler our very elaborate facade.
In return, we attempted to pull-off an even bigger ruse by fixing up the camp to set up different scenarios representing the different camps our parents thought we were attending.
Our parents didn't suspect a thing. "Parent's Day," was going smoothly until a state trooper comes arrived and pulled the wool from their eyes.
We apologized to our parents and all's well that ends well. Needless to say, it was the best summer ever.

Not until years later we pulled off the same concept, this time with a fake college. Oh, and Louis Black was there.

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 05 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#496 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

Wow! They should totally make a movie out of that
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#497 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

Not a first hand account, but I've had horror stories of housemen finding bloody pairs of panties in the ladies room during events at our convention center.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#498 User is offline   IchigoKitKat 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:39 PM

O_o; Seems like someone was distracted from studying at the library. Damn those sexy librarians!
Surprise Cosplay!

2011 COSPLAY
Luka-JBF Vocaloid

#499 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

OMG so i needed to share this story...

About a 2 weeks ago, a associate on 3rd shift at walmart had this pallet jack lift called "Big Joe" fully extended with no pallets or anything on it ( i imagine she was going to get a pallet down from the steel?) She then walked off to talk to someone for sometime and when she came back, not realizing how close she was to the sprinkler head, proceeded to knock the sprinkler head off, leading to water POURING into the back room (on the grocery side.) For over a half hour the water continuously streamed down in the back room, i heard there was about 2 feet of water afterwords! The firestation was calling (and i think ended up coming) since the fire alarms went off, and the manager went outside to unlock the lock to the emergency shut off but couldn't unlock the lock because it was frozen! There are supposedly $1500 worth of damages....

And in the end i ask why can't anything exciting happen when i'm working? >.O

#500 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:32 AM

I think the worse moments was when I was working in a clothing store: some of the people were not from chicago but no that wasn't the problem. The problem was that some people had weird logic; they excepted too much from the markdowns and wanted me to mark down stuff even more than what it was. I had to tell them a lot that it's best if you wait a minute and then they give me this look like I can change it.

And I loved the people who were like....think they were gods and they had more power than anyone else and that we were monkeys.

But I think the worse thing from my job was that it was unbalanced; stock were the bottom of the barrel. We did overnights compared to sales as well as sales support and we fixed the whole store. Not even the general manager did that (well one did but she got knocked up and left.) Also we had a guy who wasn't store or general and they worked him like a dog. Even after we switched managers and leaders he still wasn't high up and he did...like five overnights back to back and worked like 3-4 days without sleep at times. I felt bad for that guy.

I did learn a lot and I miss some people but I do not regret quitting my job. It was hard work, the pay was ok but I still had issues with managing stuff, and the people gossiped too much at work. The only problem now is that I don't have a job and I'm working temp at convention centers lol. Not the Auto show but doctors, medical, etc. shows. The people there are not that much better than my old job but it's better than nothing right now.

Funny thing is I wanted to be a manga ka when I was this age.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#501 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

A few weeks ago, a coworker & I were having a conversation with one of our regular special needs customer. This man can repeatedly name most sports statistics & inserts them in to ever sentence he speaks. Suddenly my coworker told him to go find his Mom, that every body was leaving the store. I thought she was just saying that so we could go back to work, I never heard them say we were evacuating. Sure enough, other coworkers were telling customers to leave. In passing I heard it was a gas leak. So I told a friend in shopping with his Mom, they wanted to know if they had to just leave their cart. I helped do a sweep of the store & they would not let us go for our coats. So I made way to the front, dreading the cold.

Once out side, I was glad I at least had my hoodie on. The fire department was already there & employees were milling around. I saw poor cashier freezing. They had been made to leave directly. Another coworker had grabbed my coat & hat. I put on my hat, but gave up my coat to a poor cashier. Since it was in the low 20's, those who could grab their keys took any one with out coats into their cars. I will admit, I had my smokes on me & took advantage. though I did help locate missing employees, so that we could do a roll call & make sure every one got out & yet, customers that didn't gawk & keep going, were still parking & trying to enter the store. A poor fireman got to understand what our customer were like by having to shoo them away & explain over & over again, why they couldn't shop.

Several times our security head told us different stories as to when the store would reopen if at all & wither we would be paid for our shifts. They made us sign a list saying were were there & when it happened. Mean while, one pregnant coworker & one older coworker near the leak had to be checked out. They did tell us to take a meal break & check back if we wanted to come back to work, but we could also just go home, since there was no guarantee that we would reopen that day. I just shook my head as some braud tried to enter the store to return some thing. The problem was, many people had left their coats or keys in their lockers or in our break room. So the firemen, equipped with meters, decided to take a group into the store to retrieve people stuff. Now I volunteered to grab coats, but every one crowed around. So they took groups of five in at a time instead.

I was glad to see some one else had given the pregnant lady their coat & we let those with out coats sign the paper first so they could wait in better conditions. The cashier I let barrow my coat was one of the first to return, so I only need my purse. I let those who need coats go first. When my turn came a very nice looking fireman was joking about escorting women in. Except he mistook me for being the pregnant lady since we had similar coats on. I turned to him & said, "Excuse me, I got this from beer!" While rubbing my belly. He forgot his embarrassment & laughed with the rest of us. On the way out, the fire chief complemented my Black Hawks hat, witch I assured him I bought from the store. ( A shameless plug I know)

Since My Mom worked there too we considered going home for lunch, but suggested Taco Bell to try a new burrito. We got to talking to the manager who through an error ended up giving us a discount. Even though I offered to pay the difference, she said, "No, no, I insist, you guys have had a ruff day so far like us yesterday." We told her about the leak & she told us about they had no power for hours yesterday. The only problem was, that their customers recognized us & kept asking about what was going on in our store.

We went back to the store to check & they told us to come back around 2. So we went home any way. After watching some TV & drinking tea, we went back only to find they went ahead opened the store at 1:30. Almost no one had come back & it was a Sat. They were telling about a customer for the photo lab before I could even punch in. Plus they had no one for electronics. So I got stuck running back & forth between departments. It was a nightmare. The only good, was that we got paid for our time off & I got to pick up an extra hour to help them. Though some one had stolen our walkie during the chaos.

The fire chief had nothing about complements about the construction crew redoing our store. They used their machines to help air out our store faster & had taken most precautions that companies skip to ensure safety. How ever, they were to be working in a cold area & had heaters going. One of them ended up being faulty. As a result, it filled the store with carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is only orderless unless it is a high enough leak. So I found out why it smelled, I had thought carbon monoxide was always odorless, So I guess I learned some thing too. Sorry if this story is long! ^_^

This post has been edited by Neko_master_Luna: 09 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

#502 User is offline   i_like_kyos 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59521

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

I work at the circ desk in a library and it was 1/2 hour before close when a patron came down and said someone crapped all over the floor upstairs... I was like "seriously?" and he said "yeah, it smells horrible." So I was standing there with my coworker (it was his last day) and I was like what should we do? He went upstairs to be 100% sure and sure enough there was a poop trail from one of the desks to the mens bathroom. I called facility operations and no one answered so I got the reference librarian and pulled him into the back. I started to tell him but I just couldn't stop laughing so my more serious coworker had to tell him and the ref librarian just said oh my gosh and told me to notify security. I spent the rest of the night looking for poo stains as patrons left. I could have died laughing! Oh and for many months after I could see the stains on the floor. The cleaning crew isn't all that great.
It won't do any good to delude myself, because even if the distance between us is less than a touch, it is my destiny that I will never have what I long for.
Mogura to Taiyo- Naono Bohra

#503 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

View Posti_like_kyos, on 21 February 2011 - 01:18 AM, said:

I work at the circ desk in a library and it was 1/2 hour before close when a patron came down and said someone crapped all over the floor upstairs... I was like "seriously?" and he said "yeah, it smells horrible." So I was standing there with my coworker (it was his last day) and I was like what should we do? He went upstairs to be 100% sure and sure enough there was a poop trail from one of the desks to the mens bathroom. I called facility operations and no one answered so I got the reference librarian and pulled him into the back. I started to tell him but I just couldn't stop laughing so my more serious coworker had to tell him and the ref librarian just said oh my gosh and told me to notify security. I spent the rest of the night looking for poo stains as patrons left. I could have died laughing! Oh and for many months after I could see the stains on the floor. The cleaning crew isn't all that great.

AHH! Thats gross! It reminds me of a friend who worked at Fleetfarm and someone took the cover off the back of the toilet and dumped in it. Where do people come up with these things? O_O

#504 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 21 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

I work at Coffee Shop at the airport, we franchise Coffee Shop products at the airport for a different company, we not are not with corporate Starbucks, we get the most weirdest responses from people when they find out we are not really Starbucks. This one parent told her son we are a fake Starbucks and yet she is buying drinks from us.

A few weeks ago, my coworker was on the register and I was making drinks when she comes to me to explain to a customer about smaller cups, an 8 ounce cup that is smaller than a our small, 12 ounces, I told him that we don't carry smaller cups because no one orders them in the airport. The guy complained and I said if you like we can give you extra room in cup but we will still charge you for the small cup. I gave him the coffee but he yelled that he didn't want the lid and I told him loudly that it is policy that we put the lid on the coffee. Other customers were annoyed with his attitude plus he was holding up the line.

Then this weekend this lady ask if we do french press, we can grind coffee like that but not as brewed coffee which we use drip, I said no she asked for our strongest coffee. She said she would take it and I looked at the pot to see if it was full and I said it would be 2 minutes for a fresh pot then asked if there was something else and I said we can offer an Americano but that will also time some time. She told me forget it and left and I said Whatever and moved on to the next customer and she was like Excuse me, what did you say!? while I was in the middle of talking to a customer, I look at her for a second and she walks away.

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 12 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#505 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

Now that I work on the 3rd shift we get some strange, drunk & naughty kids for customers. Oh & the regular Vietnam vet I proudly help. (though he talks too much) Most recently had Annoying drunk complaining about drunks Swearing up & down that he didn't drink. When he finally walked away his cart was rattling from all the bottles of wine in it. I think he had about 20.

Just the other night I had some lady though nice, kept handing me opened bottles of body wash she liked so I could smell them. At least she put them back & neatly.

#506 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Soldiers arise! Stand and fight! Bring victory at last to this fallen knight!

Seriously folks, necro much? :|
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#507 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

We had a man come in to Kohl's once.He went back to the suit area of the store and found an associate and demanded to be fitted for a tuxedo.So this poor girl comes over the radio and says, "This guy is telling me he wants to be fitted for a tuxedo, what do I do?""Tell him we don't sell tuxedos.""I did.""Tell him we also don't fit for tuxedos.""I did, but he says it says on our website that we do tuxedo fittings and he wants to be measured right now."
So our store manager goes over there to explain to him that we don't do that in our store, and that we're sorry that he was misinformed but that we don't even have the right tools to do it.About five minutes later I hear the store manager over the radio:".....Does anybody know how to measure somebody for a tuxedo?"Me: "I can measure him but I'll need a measuring tape."Her: " We only have a construction measuring tape."Me: "That's not going to work."Her: "I know, and we told him that, but he wants us to do it anyway."

So this super crazy angry guy made us take his measurements with construction measuring tape. By the time this guy was done throwing a tantrum and getting his incorrect measurements, he had about ten employees around him trying to help him and calm his but down.
It was ridiculous, especially since he couldn't even buy a tuxedo there, and anywhere that he could buy a tuxedo probably could have fitted him for one PROPERLY.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#508 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

I work for a company that provides data, customer service, documentation and warehouse support for international airlines in both passenger and cargo. I have been set up as a sacrifice by this company not on one but two separate occasions, the first being a set up by my own managers to protect the person who did mess up who ended up quitting a month later for a different job and the second time because the client personally didn't like me. I speak my mind at work, professionally but openly, I also challenge people when I have ideas that I feel are better while following procedure. I also worked in a position in which I had my hand in the pots of multiple airlines all at once, some of which are rival airlines in the cargo business. Due to this I get a lot of dislike from the clients since I have access and knowledge to a lot of confidential information that they'd rather not have spread around (even though I wouldn't do that). So despite being a hard working employee who puts pride in his work I get shafted for personal politics. The most recent of which is the second occasion of being sacrificed for a client's personal vendetta in which he complained to the location manager that he was dissatisfied with my work and that I should be removed from employment at the company. I was given notification by a manager via a notice by HR. I went to HR with said manager to challenge the transfer which my manager said she'd back me up on it (she didn't say a damn word the whole time). It came down to the HR rep saying "You can accept the transfer to the warehouse department or resign, your choice". I was forced to accept the transfer since losing my job isn't really an option. A couple days after that though, having been continually abused by this company despite my hard work ethic and having just been tossed into the fire for no reason other than to satisfy a personal vendetta of a client I bumped into the HR rep at the office and she asked me "Stephen, are you not happy here?".

...... seriously?

I think I my sanity and faith in humanity broke so much that it showed on my face because she dropped the issue right then and there and I haven't seen the HR rep since.

Needless to say, I got a crappy shift with crappy hours, with enforced overtime and my new bosses love putting me to work. Which is good, because if they didn't I'd be thinking of ways to burn the place down...
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#509 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

I was on a ladder straightening body wash so I could add some more on a top shelf, when a customer decided I was her new BFF & cared about her taste in scented body wash. She kept opening up bottles & handing to me so I could sniff & give my opinion. At least she put them back neatly. I do not mind chatting while working, but not if it's going to slow me down when I have mountains of freight to put away.

#510 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

So washing dogs is a pain in the rear sometimes as it is. I'll warn you now, if you're squeamish don't read the first paragraph, skip to the second.

Today, I had a Cavalier King Charles at 8:30am, and then five labs from 9:30-10am. Four of those labs were furminators, which is when you wash them with special stuff that takes a good half an hour, and dry them in between one of these steps, and then brush them for 45 minutes. Well, two of the dogs were good, the other three hated the dryer. Of course, one of those dogs decided he wanted to poo in his kennel. I'll save you the details, let's just say my coworkers were gagging as I cleaned it. To top it all off as I'm drying the same dog with our high-powered dryers, he takes a squat and then he starts squirting poo like his butt's a freakin' super soaker.

Another day, I had a golden retriever. They're sweet dogs but not very intelligent when it comes to grooming. So this dog, Honey, hates the bath and the dryer. She also had ear infections, which anyone with a dog knows, leaves grease underneath the ears that is impossible to get out; you have to wait. So I wash the dog as specified, de-shedding shampoo, toothbrushing, etc. and somehow manage to get her dry. She goes home.

Later that day, I answer the phone and it's Honey's pet parent.

"I was just wondering if Honey's teeth were brushed because I didn't get her toothbrush and I usually do," she said.
"I'm sorry, ma'am, sometimes the person who gets the dog forgets to grab the toothbrush, that's all that happened."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes," I told her, "I'm the one who washed Honey because the groomers were swamped. She got everything you wanted, I assure you, and then she got her haircut."
"Well..."
"If you'd like we can give you another toothbrush if you're in the area."
"Yeah, I'll stop by later!"

I opened so I get off work at 3pm and don't see her. When I come in the next day I'm washing a dog and I get a phone call. It's for me specifically which is odd since my cell phone is always in my pocket so nobody calls me at the work number (and it's a hassle for groomers and bathers to answer the phone anyway). Needless to say, it's Honey's pet parent, again. She asked me what shampoo I used because different things were written on her dog's review.

Now, I get anywhere from 5-10 dogs a day, especially now that it's warm, I'm lucky I can remember all their names! Somehow I remember it was de-shedding, and she tells me something or another, and then starts getting on my case because under her dogs ears it's still greasy.

"Did Honey have an ear infection recently?"
"Well, yes."
"Did you treat it with medicated ear drops?"
"Yes."
"Well, ma'am, I'm really sorry but it's almost impossible to get that out. It takes time. Honey was also very protective of her ears and it was hard to scrub with the hypo-allergenic shampoo."
"I wanted de-shedding shampoo!"
O_O "I know, ma'am, and I used that on the body but we're not allowed to use it on the head. We have to use the hypo shampoo because it's safer for the head."
"I just don't understand that. I don't get what you're telling me at all."
"I'm sorry, let me get you my manager."

My manager also fails to explain it to her. She ends up getting a free bath out of us and since I was the only bather in I get to wash the demon again. Goody.

I'm told this, but I'm also told that when Honey had come back in for her toothbrush she had complained about how she didn't believe it was done so my manager had to brush her teeth again right in front of her. An hour later she comes in complaining about the haircut, meaning my manager had to do it all over again when she had more dogs then she could handle that day anyway! Then she came back yet AGAIN because the bows put in her hair had come out and mom wanted them back in!

I swear, the way people mooch stuff out of us and how we have to kiss their butts is ridiculous.

Also, after her free bath under her ears was still greasy. Apparently the dog came in again Saturday and another bather had to take care of her and the grease is still there after four scrubbings/rinses.

This post has been edited by Grimmons: 03 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users