Anime Central Forums: Work Stories - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Work Stories Did that REALLY happen?

#451 User is offline   keiichi969 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49954
  • Posts: 66
  • Joined: 15-February 10
  • Location:Waterloo, NY

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

Welcome to the world of corporate, where stock price is everything...

#452 User is offline   Matt 

  • Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225
  • Posts: 370
  • Joined: 10-November 03
  • Location:Lafayette, IN

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

Okay, I've thought of one. On Halloween night of 2008, I was working at McDonald's. A group of college students walks in in their costumes, and one of them is wearing a fur cap (kind of like a beaver pelt hunting cap) and not much else. So, one of the managers tells the guy that he will give him a free meal if he runs around the outside of the restaurant in his underwear. Of course, the guy does so, and the patrons and my co-workers cheer him on :D. That was a pretty fun night, overall. There were many hot girls in skimpy costumes, and the pep band (which was going to a basketball game that night) played some music for everyone in the restaurant. Unfortunately, the next year wasn't nearly as exciting, but maybe this year!
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#453 User is offline   Lina 

  • Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570
  • Posts: 6,860
  • Joined: 23-April 07
  • Location:Wonderland

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

View PostMatt, on 22 June 2010 - 12:05 PM, said:

Okay, I've thought of one. On Halloween night of 2008, I was working at McDonald's. A group of college students walks in in their costumes, and one of them is wearing a fur cap (kind of like a beaver pelt hunting cap) and not much else. So, one of the managers tells the guy that he will give him a free meal if he runs around the outside of the restaurant in his underwear. Of course, the guy does so, and the patrons and my co-workers cheer him on :D. That was a pretty fun night, overall. There were many hot girls in skimpy costumes, and the pep band (which was going to a basketball game that night) played some music for everyone in the restaurant. Unfortunately, the next year wasn't nearly as exciting, but maybe this year!

That is hilarious!!!! I would've loved to have seen that! lol
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#454 User is offline   proxy 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19396
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 09-September 08
  • Location:In your closet

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

So last week I got sick Wed & Thurs, as for Fri. I had to go somewhere out of state. So I missed three days of work. I went to work today to find that the guy I work in the room with didn't do Sugar Honey Ice Tea! So now I have 3 days worth of calculating our clients time, finding the right codes to use, putting them into the computer, and then having to go to a different comp because there's a program on there that the other comp doesn't have and put the start and end times for them. Plus he thought it was so funny. I was trying for 3 or more hours trying to get him to tell me who was here, and who wasn't. All he said was, "The usuals..." He wouldn't even tell me mif any of them left early! I was so pissed I got an headache, and I seriously felt as if I was taking Crazy Pills!

#455 User is offline   obakasan 

  • Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555
  • Posts: 812
  • Joined: 07-June 04
  • Location:Benny Kubelsky slept here

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

Sugar Honey Iced Tea...

Okayyyy......

(quickly looks to submit name trademark papers for that one...)
This space intentionally left blank.

#456 User is offline   Mystline 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 35204
  • Posts: 241
  • Joined: 28-July 09
  • Location:New Buffalo, Mi

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:47 PM

I work at an animal hospital currently. I work in the kennel, the back, and my sister works at the front desk, taking calls, waiting on customers and making appointments.
Well, we have a summer fair on the last week of May, and one of the rides is called the Gravitron, it's a giant spaceship that spins you around and around. The fair is right behind our place.
At our animal hospital, we got a lot of crazy animal people, and just crazy people in general. This one women who...doesn't really seem to be able to dress herself called us when the festival was going on and told my sister that there was a spaceship in our backyard, and that she was too scared to come in. 0__0 So we had to coax her to come in.
It was eyeopening, we realized this lady was truly crazy.

EDIT: Another time, one of the computers used by the front desk workers got a virus, so porn popped up every minute.

This post has been edited by iiEmaleigh: 23 June 2010 - 01:03 PM


#457 User is offline   Ashori 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991
  • Posts: 924
  • Joined: 07-May 07
  • Location:Midway between Mil and Chi, WI

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

Well, knowing my luck I may not be working at Wal-Mart for much longer.

I decided to go in today to pick up my FMLA papers (I'm on intermittent leave due to my autoimmune disorder) since I knew my end date was drawing near and I needed go to the store anyway. For the past year, I haven't had a problem getting my leave, but suddenly I go in there today and I'm told I'm no longer qualified because I'm currently 133 hours short of the qualified time.

Needless to say, this makes me very upset: I'm medically restricted to 28 hours max in a week, and after my end date I'll have no absences to go on in case I get sick. And being that I have a spell at least once a month, I'm going to have a challenge making it through the next month/month and a half or so before I can ask again to qualify for my leave. So I'll have to work through all my spells in the meantime, risk getting as bad as I used to be (I lost 20 pounds in weight in three months, and had constant back and leg pains to the point that I couldn't move without screaming x.X), and then hope to heaven I can get my leave back soon in order to keep my job. If not...I'll probably be unemployed by Christmas. T.T
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#458 User is offline   Ashikana 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5452
  • Posts: 595
  • Joined: 28-October 05
  • Location:Lake in the Hills

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:18 PM

Well it finally happened. What Ive been DREADING since we found out we were becoming AMC.
I got yelled at, for something I have absolutly NO control over.

You see after 4pm our prices go up and we have no senior rates. Yeah I know, so senior discounts, no student discounts, blah blah blah.
So the day started alright, I got an Airbender poster, wasn't too horridly busy, kinda a nice sunday, looking forward to my day off after 6 days in a row.

Around 4:30ish it is getting kinda busy, there are two of us at box office, the manager is in the office and the nearest supervisor is behind concession stand helping out.
So this couple comes in asks for tickets I sell them, the wife asked about senior rates, i told her we didn't have them, she understands and I give her the tickets and tell them to have a nice day. The Mr Old-DBag gets offended that we do not have senior rates. He then asks how much tickets were before I tell him (Senior tickets used to be $7, now they pay $10) He then starts yelling at me insulting my math ability on how thats a 50% increase and I have no right to charge them that much, how its my fault blah blah blah. How if they hadn't bought the tickets yet they would leave and never come back.

Through all this I am in absoulte shock, I cannot believe what is happening. Since he is yelling at me I just start crying(Just started my time of the month, you all know how sensitive you girls get)So I get on my walkie and basicly yell for a manager, and he walks away toward the ticket taker and to my supervisor who also gets yelled at for the prices, and shes being all calm. So he walks to his theatre and after my co-worker gets done with his announcement this same guy yells and asks him to do something about prices.

So while Im recovering just standing there the next few people in line are just being so nice to me telling me how much of a d-bag that old guy was and this one woman takes my hand when i give her the tickets and just tells me how nice i am and i do not deserve that and how dare he. So that made me happy.

So that was my Sunday of horridness.
Yes I know I should have walked away, but I was just in shock, never have I been yelled at like that in all my years of working. Ever.

Ps-wish me luck tomorrow our concession prices go up tomorrow. Luckily I do not work midnight opening of Twilight
<3
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#459 User is offline   Lina 

  • Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570
  • Posts: 6,860
  • Joined: 23-April 07
  • Location:Wonderland

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:18 PM

I remember when I worked the midnight showing for New Moon. Ugh. >>

I laugh every time I see those "Mrs. Jacob Black", "Mrs. Edward Cullen", "Mrs. Jasper Cullen", etc. shirts. I even told these group of girls who had those on, "Like, omg! I have a shirt just like yours! It says Mrs. Alice Cullen on it!" They just kinda smiled and walked away after getting their concessions. lol


When I worked in the bakery at Dominick's, this lady ordered a birthday cake for her baby to pick up in the afternoon. She came the day before to see if the cake was already ready because some times we make them day before depending on if we have a lot of cakes to make the next day or if they are needed early in the morning (8:30am or earlier) and I told her that it wasn't and that it would be ready tomorrow.

She asked what time she was supposed to pick up the cake and I told her 1pm (I think that was the time. It was some time in the early afternoon) and she said that she needed it a lot earlier since the party was probably going to end around 11am (or something ridiculous like that) and that she was glad that she came in the day before. She also said that she didn't know why we had the pick up time be 1pm. Well, we had it at 1pm because that's what you TOLD ME the day you ordered the cake. She then told me she wanted it ready by 9:30am. So I changed it. Her husband came by and said that his wife just came by and wanted to make sure that it was going to be ready by 9:30am and I told him yes in a somewhat annoyed tone.

The cake was ready by then and her dad didn't come pick it up til around 3pm I believe. I was FURIOUS!!! I was ready to tell him that if you wanted a cake ready by a certain time, be ready to pick it up by then or not much longer later. It makes me so mad when people ask for cakes to be ready at a certain and don't come til 2 or so hours later or even close to closing time.

We had Indians come in all the time after closing time (or just before) wanting to order cakes or wanting something written on a cake. It always annoyed the hell out of me because I wanted to leave.

And who names their baby Trinidad? <_<

This post has been edited by Lina: 29 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#460 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 11-May 09
  • Location:squishy bed

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:16 AM

well first i was early to work by liek 15 minutes no biggie i dont charge till my exact start time and they know that. well omg i love my famlies i work for! tonight they gave me a steak dinner with potatos and garlic bread ALL HOMEMADE!! omg i haven't had a meal like this in well a while i think june 11th would be a good idea, my friend made me chicken alfrado then and it was wonderful. now my fave family had a dinner plate for me ready, oh how i love them.

lets see the elder boy went over to play street hockey so i had to make sure to pick him up at 8:30 no biggie. mom was recording something on tv so it was mostly outdoor play today, which was good. the kids ate some strawberries and i have a great pic of the baby double fisting some, sent them to the mom saying awww just wait till college. haha. you know for when those turn to beers. yeah. well then around 815 we all got ready to go pick up the eldest....

i met the neighborhood moms, yeah they dont liek the babysitter. see 12 year old boys are not to be happy to see their babysitter i guess. when my 12 year old was all the moms were like <_< i was like doing good buddy! the girls got popsicles and watched the street hockey game, the terror ran off to play with the younger boys which was in the garage (i dont get it) then he wanted to play street hockey and i had to explain that its nto the best idea as hes 4 and the average age of the game was 10. the baby i had with me whos 18 months was dancing to music playing spilling popsicle on me and himself and getting cranky also pulled my phone out of my bra (i hid it there cause i didnt have deep pockets, fail hiding spot)

i tried to talk to all the moms and interact as best could, of course i gave up when i hear the moms talkin about twilight and then yelling about a kid skating too close to their baby (infant that was maybe 8 months) like get up and play with her dangit!? no woman just sat talking about vampires and crap... i was playing with some tractor and the 18 month old. then i noticed one of the girls ran across the street and i was liek OMG...

so i walked over to her to talk and asked her how do you cross the street correctly blah blah in one ear out the other (why i try i dont know) i then checked my phone for the time and noticed it was 835 so got the elder kid and said hey i gotta steal you from the game, and do me a favor hold your sisters hand as we cross the streets shes refusing to listen to me about safe crossing.

she got across the streets safely :D the other two followed next to me and i carried the baby as he was going to bed when i got back to the house. it all worked out good mostly. till i asked the middle aged boy to flush the toilet and wash his hands. he started being a brat and i was about to, well i did pick him up and carry him to the bedroom and put his pjs on him while he screamed 'IM NOT SLEEPY' and then i put him in the bed prayng he would pass out. nope. told him the floor was lava and he would die if he got off the bunk bed. nope. told him that if i saw him downstairs again i would let his little brother have his blanket. nope... let him sit on the sofa swearing he wasnt sleepy but not watching tv. his parents came home and got the full report on why he was up and why his teddy bear was on top of the laundry cabinets.

i forgot to tell the other parents how their daughter was running across the street without looking, i must write this down. i always keep safety first in babysitting and well when i have a baby to carry you are to behave and listen to me as i cant chase you like a hell demon.
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#461 User is offline   Ashori 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991
  • Posts: 924
  • Joined: 07-May 07
  • Location:Midway between Mil and Chi, WI

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:11 PM

Well, hopefully I got a hint across to my front-end manager yesterday about trying to get, at least, trained at service desk and Money Center.

Yesterday, we had one of our front-end meetings. About five minutes in, our manager mentioned stuff about openings on the front end, but what held my interest was openings for service desk and Money Center. Now, I've had it in my career preferences to either be trained or become a customer service associate (so basically I'd handle both areas) for a year and a half now, and pretty much everyone else that had shown interest in it has gotten in ahead of me. This includes a newhire cart-pusher who will be done with their training for customer service in two weeks. They've been working at my store about two months; I've been working there two years. Granted, I'm happy for him, but still, it kinda irritated me that these positions opened up and I wasn't chosen or even asked if I was still interested.

So when he mentioned it, I spoke up. Hopefully between that and the comments some of my other associates made, now I'll at least get trained from more than I already know (I can do a basic return and exchange, but otherwise, forget it).
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#462 User is offline   Myrddin 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10167
  • Posts: 194
  • Joined: 03-April 07
  • Location:Warrenville, IL

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

View PostTakuya_Neko, on 28 June 2010 - 10:18 PM, said:

Well it finally happened. What Ive been DREADING since we found out we were becoming AMC.
I got yelled at, for something I have absolutly NO control over.

You see after 4pm our prices go up and we have no senior rates. Yeah I know, so senior discounts, no student discounts, blah blah blah.
So the day started alright, I got an Airbender poster, wasn't too horridly busy, kinda a nice sunday, looking forward to my day off after 6 days in a row.

Around 4:30ish it is getting kinda busy, there are two of us at box office, the manager is in the office and the nearest supervisor is behind concession stand helping out.
So this couple comes in asks for tickets I sell them, the wife asked about senior rates, i told her we didn't have them, she understands and I give her the tickets and tell them to have a nice day. The Mr Old-DBag gets offended that we do not have senior rates. He then asks how much tickets were before I tell him (Senior tickets used to be $7, now they pay $10) He then starts yelling at me insulting my math ability on how thats a 50% increase and I have no right to charge them that much, how its my fault blah blah blah. How if they hadn't bought the tickets yet they would leave and never come back.

Through all this I am in absoulte shock, I cannot believe what is happening. Since he is yelling at me I just start crying(Just started my time of the month, you all know how sensitive you girls get)So I get on my walkie and basicly yell for a manager, and he walks away toward the ticket taker and to my supervisor who also gets yelled at for the prices, and shes being all calm. So he walks to his theatre and after my co-worker gets done with his announcement this same guy yells and asks him to do something about prices.

So while Im recovering just standing there the next few people in line are just being so nice to me telling me how much of a d-bag that old guy was and this one woman takes my hand when i give her the tickets and just tells me how nice i am and i do not deserve that and how dare he. So that made me happy.

So that was my Sunday of horridness.
Yes I know I should have walked away, but I was just in shock, never have I been yelled at like that in all my years of working. Ever.

Ps-wish me luck tomorrow our concession prices go up tomorrow. Luckily I do not work midnight opening of Twilight
<3

Let me say, I know exactly what you're going through. I'm assuming your theater was originally a Show Place or a Kerasotas? I work at an AMC theater that was sold to Regal because of the Showplace/Kerasotas buyout. I not only had to deal with very angry guests but very unhelpful (for the first couple days at least, most are much better now) trainers sent to us from Regal. How about we switch? I'm used to getting yelled at for the AMC ticket and concession prices. Doesn't even phase me anymore. xD

#463 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58548
  • Posts: 119
  • Joined: 19-June 10
  • Location:Somewhere west of Chicago

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

For my teaching I have seen a number of things, I got to Proctor several final exams and I had been told the students would behave when we well know that its never the case, so here is one for the teachers:

So there I was in a class of freshmen. 3 kids came back to my room after being in there at the start of the first final only to realize that their final in there was not for another couple hours. Than when they return, it was like all Hell broke loose. I was given orders no calculators, cell phones, IPODs, etc. to prevent cheating. As soon as everyone was seated I spread out the tests ahead of time so that they would not be seated together, the students still got up and moved seats, they were talking, I saw every other student texting. I had to call a dean into the room. When they got there the dean could not believe the students disrespect. We confiscated phones and all electronics and they had to go to the deans office to collect it after a call was made to parents. Also every student who was acting out got their test torn by the dean and an automatic zero. They began complaining saying we did not have the right,and me and the dean responded that they lost the right when they failed to comply by policy for the school as well as the classroom. I think there was only 5 or six kids out of that class of 30 that passed. Also same class that day I gave detentions to 3 kids who were not wearing their IDs, One of them ran into the office where the teacher was busy at a meeting with their department which is why I was called in. I was at her desk but when I heard it I laughed. The student ran up to the teacher who was getting up to grab a snack from a table nearby and said ... That lady...she...she gave me a detention. The teacher gave a look and said Well good you deserved it... and Get out of here or I will give you another because no students are allowed. The student than ran from the room. The teacher walked up to me and said she was waiting for another teacher to give her one and high fived me.

All I can say about this is think about every substitute teacher you ever had. I had to spend a few weeks subbing as a way to pay bills while waiting for my actual teaching job to open. I now have a greater understanding and feel sorry for every sub I had because kids these days have no respect, they think they can goof off because their teacher is not present when the sub is there to be sure they continue the learning process.

I also have a good number of retail stories from the last 7 years of working at a hardware store. But teaching alone has shown me many unique instances.
ACEN 2010-Inuyasha- progress 100% time taken 3 years
ACEN 2011-Sailor Saturn- progress 95% time taken 3 years

#464 User is offline   Morbid Intentions 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17022
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 29-January 08
  • Location:MI

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

my company just got another big break with a factory that needs clearing of all machines, metal, copper and aluminum.... I spent all day showing the newbies how to do sh*t so they don 't get hurt on my payroll and then telling all the guys that have worked with me before on similar jobs what I want done today.... then when we brought down the dust collecting vacuum system on the roof (witch takes up the entire roof I might add) it took me down with it (about 3 stories) and all of the hot sparks the cutter gave off flew at me and gave me insta blackface

check this hilarious sh*t out

http://i43.photobuck...Detroit2010.jpg

http://i43.photobuck...Detroit2010.jpg

http://i43.photobuck...Detroit2010.jpg



oh yeah... and we pissed off the biggest hornets next I have ever seen in the cylinders that holds the metal dust... from that I ran FAR FAR away... because I'm a girl when it comes to bees xD


EXCELLENT DAY!

xD

This post has been edited by Morbid Intentions: 07 July 2010 - 02:36 PM


#465 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130
  • Posts: 2,685
  • Joined: 31-January 06
  • Location:Standing at the crossroads of 'Law' & 'Order'

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

View PostMorbid Intentions, on 07 July 2010 - 02:32 PM, said:

my company just got another big break with a factory that needs clearing of all machines, metal, copper and aluminum.... I spent all day showing the newbies how to do sh*t so they don 't get hurt on my payroll and then telling all the guys that have worked with me before on similar jobs what I want done today.... then when we brought down the dust collecting vacuum system on the roof (witch takes up the entire roof I might add) it took me down with it (about 3 stories) and all of the hot sparks the cutter gave off flew at me and gave me insta blackface

check this hilarious sh*t out

http://i43.photobuck...Detroit2010.jpg

http://i43.photobuck...Detroit2010.jpg

http://i43.photobuck...Detroit2010.jpg



oh yeah... and we pissed off the biggest hornets next I have ever seen in the cylinders that holds the metal dust... from that I ran FAR FAR away... because I'm a girl when it comes to bees xD


EXCELLENT DAY!

xD



Actually hornets are wasps, and wasps and bees are different species. >> Hopefully no one killed a hornet close to the nest.

I'm glad you weren't hurt from the accident o.o I know a three story fall wouldn't be a very fun experience
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#466 User is offline   Morbid Intentions 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 17022
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 29-January 08
  • Location:MI

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 07 July 2010 - 03:12 PM, said:

Actually hornets are wasps, and wasps and bees are different species. >> Hopefully no one killed a hornet close to the nest.



DO NOT CARE

THINK OF THE STINGERS MAN!

#467 User is offline   Lina 

  • Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570
  • Posts: 6,860
  • Joined: 23-April 07
  • Location:Wonderland

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

The lady I work with brings her son to work because she has no one to babysit her kid, at least, that is what I'm assuming. Well, for the first couple of weeks I worked there, he wasn't because his Grandma was visiting from Germany. Luckily, he's in camp now so I only have to deal with him for 2 hours and not 8 hours (like I did on Thursday and Friday of last week) because he's annoying. ><

This post has been edited by Lina: 07 July 2010 - 06:53 PM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#468 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58548
  • Posts: 119
  • Joined: 19-June 10
  • Location:Somewhere west of Chicago

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

At my retail job we have customers that expect a lot more from us than I appreciate. Just a few weeks ago during a heavy rain a coworker got a phone call from one that asked if we returned the sump pumps. She said if you contact the company and get an authorization number than yes. About an hour later this customer comes in with a sewage pump covered in several plastic bags, and it was one of a small number of lifetime warranties so I sent another associate to pick it out he had a receipt and everything, to exchange it. Than she got a call over the paging system to open it to identify model number.

She said she will never do that again. Most of the time a pump comes back in its original box and has at least been hosed down so its not as gross as what she handled. This guy wrapped it in several trash bags, did not clean it first or anything. After moving just 2 bags she got a whiff of the most wretched smell she have ever sensed. The arm she had used to open the last bag she opened felt like it got bit by something. she immediately proceeded to close the bags grab the first aid kit rub her arm with alcohol find the gloves and start putting them on, grab a marked down face mask stumble to the trash to vomit than wipe face and put on the mask than went back to the item tried opening it again saw the nasty inside. Called for a manager, the manager took one look at her started laughing than she handed them a mask and gloves and they were able to go further seeing why she was uncomfortable with it and they were able to move it to find enough info to identify it as one we carried and that was yes under the lifetime warranty. After the exchange he looked over at the associate that was sent to find the new one and told him That was the first time In my life I have felt violated by an item we sell, and he looked at her and said ...and she was very much violated too so if this ever happens again its your turn to open the package.

The manager knew why she was unhappy as we all feel it was rude of the customer to bring the item in, in the way they brought it in. 99% of the pumps we get back are packaged so we can get the info in the most sanitary form possible. That was the most unsanitary moment at the place. She later told me the next day she went to the doctor in case she got bit to be sure she did not get sick.

All I can say is wow, Im glad that was not me.

This post has been edited by Saturn's Pheonix: 07 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

ACEN 2010-Inuyasha- progress 100% time taken 3 years
ACEN 2011-Sailor Saturn- progress 95% time taken 3 years

#469 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826
  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: 11-May 09
  • Location:squishy bed

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

@lina could you bring race and ethnicity in to this any more than you already have... gee.


i was babysitting on the night of the 4th i had to stomp out a few fires mind you i had only flip flops on so i was risking my foot for my kids. my pants also almost caught fire. OY! it was good fun though the amazing fire fighting babysitter. i also at around 1130pm went ahead and took 2 of the kids back to their house after talking to their father and setting up arrangments for me to just watch them till he finished up at teh block party. all was good till he got back and the worlds worst tanturm was started. i couldnt sleep that night because of how upset my darling was. i kept waking up thinking i was hearing her. she doesnt normally get as upset as she was.

i then babysat tuesday night and the 18 month old i sit tried to rip my earings right otu of my ear and then my tattoo off my shoulder. it freaking hurt, but then he decided it would be funny to just bite me. he needed a nap. then his older brother and sister started to punch and kick and beat the living crap out of each other so i put the brother in his room to play with his toys or take a nap. the girl wanted to paint so i was liek okay at the table. yeah next thing i know theres a cop at their front door right when i sit down with a glass of water to just have a sip and sigh out the pain of my ear now bleeding. first thing that comes to my mind is WHAT DID I DO!?! turned out someone called an complained about the fathers car being over the sidewalk somewhat which is this area isnt against the law (at least when i looked up the parking laws on municode it wasnt listed) i talked teh cop out of bothering with a warning or ticket got his card and promised teh car moved by end of day. i mean what am i gonna do?? not my car, not my home, and i live one home over so if there was a problem i have no reason to need a car... in the end it was all good but tonight i am off and i am already booked for an over night next weekend so. now im going to relax and hope no more interesting babysitting stories happen in the next 48 hours. or if they do i at least can top the cop showing up.
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#470 User is offline   Goddess Astra 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2935
  • Posts: 711
  • Joined: 28-August 04
  • Location:Somewhere With My Crabs

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:33 AM

since this is work stories...i assume we can post customer suck stories and rant about WHY CUSTOMERS ARE SO STUPID!!!

i now work at buy buy baby...and we have this regular come in....when you ask him if he needs help...and he says yes...you go find the thing in the back..when you come back..HE IS GONE! EVERY SINGLE TIME!! or, he will just leave his cart full of things...he ALWAYS asks questions but NEVER sticks around for the answer.

if you try to avoid him, then instead of waiting for someone, he just takes packages and RIPS them open...diapers...bedding....gee thanks mister. now we can't sell this product because of your *insert foul language here*. you can tell who he is because ie...as my co-worker put it...and i shall put it in NICE terms. NOT GOOD LOOKING, and his kid is the same!

i have had the unfortunate timing to run into him twice and he just randomly left his cart full of items in the middle of the aisle. SDFSDSFSDGFESFGRWAFDZGEFSGFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the most part, this job is GREAT! the customers are SO nice because HELL! they are going to be grandparents, aunts or uncles! or they are going to be first time mommmies and daddies! so of course, they are filled wit happy hormones! it's great...but then

there are some WTF's. I work in the furniture department and i help sell furniture, cribs, gliders, rockers, ect...and i had one pregnant lady want a glider chair. she had her two other kids with her who were roudy and she looked WORN OUT so i told her to have a seat and try it out while i went on my little selling talk...and half way through, she starts to nodd off XD poor thing was just so tired...i should have offered to babysit her two kids so she could nap when she got home haha...

and who here hates the customers who..EVEN THOUGH YOU TELL THEM "Sir, we close in 5 minutes"...THEY STILL SHOP 10 MINUTES AFTER! WTF PART OF CLOSING DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!

This post has been edited by Goddess Astra: 13 July 2010 - 12:36 AM

OMG OMG OMG SAILOR MOON MANGA AND CODE NAME SAILOR V BEING RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER! O_____O
I may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but at least I am a crayon!
Arts:
http://goddess-astra.deviantart.com/
Bloggings:
http://goddessastra.livejournal.com/ -

Ai to seegi no, seera fuku bishoujo senshi! SEERAAAA MUUUUUN! Tsuki ni kawatte! Oshoiki yo!

#471 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272
  • Posts: 702
  • Joined: 03-February 10
  • Location:Weedland, USA

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:52 AM

Long story short:

Guy wanted steak and mashed potatoes, guy got said food, complained the mashed potatoes were garlic and not with gravy, said there was nothing we could do to help, he proceeded to eat them all.

<---*Facewall'd*
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#472 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58548
  • Posts: 119
  • Joined: 19-June 10
  • Location:Somewhere west of Chicago

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

View PostAshori, on 30 June 2010 - 03:11 PM, said:

Well, hopefully I got a hint across to my front-end manager yesterday about trying to get, at least, trained at service desk and Money Center.

Yesterday, we had one of our front-end meetings. About five minutes in, our manager mentioned stuff about openings on the front end, but what held my interest was openings for service desk and Money Center. Now, I've had it in my career preferences to either be trained or become a customer service associate (so basically I'd handle both areas) for a year and a half now, and pretty much everyone else that had shown interest in it has gotten in ahead of me. This includes a newhire cart-pusher who will be done with their training for customer service in two weeks. They've been working at my store about two months; I've been working there two years. Granted, I'm happy for him, but still, it kinda irritated me that these positions opened up and I wasn't chosen or even asked if I was still interested.

So when he mentioned it, I spoke up. Hopefully between that and the comments some of my other associates made, now I'll at least get trained from more than I already know (I can do a basic return and exchange, but otherwise, forget it).


Don't feel bad I know exactly what you mean,I have been at my night job for as of this august, 8 years and starting about 6 years ago I was putting in for head cashier and service desk. Now every couple weeks since then and continuing to now I have always gone back to update the application to make sure its still there as it disappears every 90 days. Here is what bugs me, Ive been called in on my days off to play head cashier and asked to crossclock to the service desk and complimented that I do both so well and yet every opportunity of an opening in either department you know what happens, they bring in someone from another store or put a new hire in or someone who was there for maybe 2 months. They tell me that I qualify and they know Im in the system and yet when time comes for the spot hiring Im always over looked.

We are overworked and underappreciated, that unfortunately is retail for ya.

This post has been edited by Saturn's Pheonix: 13 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

ACEN 2010-Inuyasha- progress 100% time taken 3 years
ACEN 2011-Sailor Saturn- progress 95% time taken 3 years

#473 User is offline   Prayer Police 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087
  • Posts: 676
  • Joined: 09-May 07
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

I remember this one time working as an computer programmer at this mind-numbing workplace.
I was constantly being taken advantage of by my boss and idiotic management.
The company hires two consultants to cut expenses or pretty much downsize everything.
During that time, my cheating girlfriend leaves me but I then ask out a waitress.
As I get more lazy, discontent, and incompetent at work, I ironically get promoted while my two friends get fired.
As an act of revenge, the three of us infect the accounting system with a virus programmed to steal money from the company gradually.
But a considerable amount of money is taken out of the company's account so I decided to confess and be the fall guy. Most likely, getting me fired and thrown in jail.
Luck would have it, the company's office building was burnt to the ground by a mentally unstable, disgruntled employee before my crime came to light.
I then got a job I actually like.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police


2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#474 User is offline   wrexness 

  • Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901
  • Posts: 1,895
  • Joined: 06-September 06
  • Location:Bamboo Forest

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 13 July 2010 - 07:32 PM, said:

I remember this one time working as an computer programmer at this mind-numbing workplace.
I was constantly being taken advantage of by my boss and idiotic management.
The company hires two consultants to cut expenses or pretty much downsize everything.
During that time, my cheating girlfriend leaves me but I then ask out a waitress.
As I get more lazy, discontent, and incompetent at work, I ironically get promoted while my two friends get fired.
As an act of revenge, the three of us infect the accounting system with a virus programmed to steal money from the company gradually.
But a considerable amount of money is taken out of the company's account so I decided to confess and be the fall guy. Most likely, getting me fired and thrown in jail.
Luck would have it, the company's office building was burnt to the ground by a mentally unstable, disgruntled employee before my crime came to light.
I then got a job I actually like.

That sounds like it would make an awesome movie :3
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#475 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58548
  • Posts: 119
  • Joined: 19-June 10
  • Location:Somewhere west of Chicago

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

Here is one for you from today:

So the district guy is in a weird mode of everyone must be reporting percentage towards sales plan every hour and out new store manager started to act out to the point employees had to buy stuff before we were allowed to leave to make plan. All the while one department was working on a order that brought us 6k over plan. Than when we all thought it safe to leave I was told I could not count down because we had one more customer in the store. it was than 10pm and I was like ok, I can wait a few more. 10:30 rolls around we lock up the customer is still there Im still signed on my drawer waiting. By now its me my supervisor, the store manager, the department manager of the department said customer was still in, the night supervisor and one night freight associate.

It is now 11pm and all checkouts were closed but mine, the system automatically force closes everything at midnight, I look at the store manager he says you know what count down its not worth it. When I go to punch out I find the customer is still in the store and no she is not buying anything cause she is on the phone with someone. For over an hour past closing time she is on the phone. I left the building for the night about 5 minutes ago so about 11:20 and guess what she is still there.

Why do customers do this? We were closed we went beyond sales plan. The rest of the team can not leave until the customer does. What is going on in the head of that customer, me and my supervisor both wanted to strangle her. Seriously we its now almost time for the system to force itself to shut down and I know she is still there. Im afraid to ask when I return to work tomorrow when they were able to force her to leave or even how they got her to leave because with my drawer closed and counted down she can't purchase anything.

To top it off I clocked in at 4 and could not clock out until 11pm so thats 7 hours with no lunch. And I think its law that after 5 we are supposed to get a lunch but because of this lady i had been forced to go over hours because she would not leave and she was not purchasing anything. Isn't loitering a crime?

As you can see its been an eventful day.
ACEN 2010-Inuyasha- progress 100% time taken 3 years
ACEN 2011-Sailor Saturn- progress 95% time taken 3 years

#476 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19831
  • Posts: 301
  • Joined: 11-November 08
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

View PostAshori, on 23 June 2010 - 04:09 PM, said:

Well, knowing my luck I may not be working at Wal-Mart for much longer.

I decided to go in today to pick up my FMLA papers (I'm on intermittent leave due to my autoimmune disorder) since I knew my end date was drawing near and I needed go to the store anyway. For the past year, I haven't had a problem getting my leave, but suddenly I go in there today and I'm told I'm no longer qualified because I'm currently 133 hours short of the qualified time.

Needless to say, this makes me very upset: I'm medically restricted to 28 hours max in a week, and after my end date I'll have no absences to go on in case I get sick. And being that I have a spell at least once a month, I'm going to have a challenge making it through the next month/month and a half or so before I can ask again to qualify for my leave. So I'll have to work through all my spells in the meantime, risk getting as bad as I used to be (I lost 20 pounds in weight in three months, and had constant back and leg pains to the point that I couldn't move without screaming x.X), and then hope to heaven I can get my leave back soon in order to keep my job. If not...I'll probably be unemployed by Christmas. T.T


WOW that REEALLY sucks! I just don't understand where walmart is going anymore corporately. They really treat the associates poorly. I'm really not looking forward to the new "Routines" being installed, that has to be one of the dumbest ideas i have eaver heard.
Cosplay.com!!![Fullmetal_C]
Deviant Art!!![ShojO-ShortY][/center]

#477 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58548
  • Posts: 119
  • Joined: 19-June 10
  • Location:Somewhere west of Chicago

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:42 PM

Ok here is a question to add to the discussion: For those of us in Retail, what is the weirdest thing a customer has told you when you were ringing them out or asking if they found what they needed?

The reason that brought that up was this, Today when I asked a gentleman if he found everything, he looked at me and said "No, as a matter of fact do you sell lives, because I would like to buy one?"

That is definitely a new one for my list.
ACEN 2010-Inuyasha- progress 100% time taken 3 years
ACEN 2011-Sailor Saturn- progress 95% time taken 3 years

#478 User is offline   Ashori 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991
  • Posts: 924
  • Joined: 07-May 07
  • Location:Midway between Mil and Chi, WI

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

View PostSaturn, on 04 August 2010 - 02:42 PM, said:

Ok here is a question to add to the discussion: For those of us in Retail, what is the weirdest thing a customer has told you when you were ringing them out or asking if they found what they needed?

The reason that brought that up was this, Today when I asked a gentleman if he found everything, he looked at me and said "No, as a matter of fact do you sell lives, because I would like to buy one?"

That is definitely a new one for my list.

I was asked the other day if there was any other register around for the customer to check out at since I was at a standstill with a WIC order.

...He must have thought I was the only register in the store or something.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#479 User is offline   Saturn's Pheonix 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58548
  • Posts: 119
  • Joined: 19-June 10
  • Location:Somewhere west of Chicago

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

View PostAshori, on 05 August 2010 - 01:15 PM, said:

I was asked the other day if there was any other register around for the customer to check out at since I was at a standstill with a WIC order.

...He must have thought I was the only register in the store or something.



Ive had days like that, how about being the cashier at the self checkout counter with 2 of your bosses on registers at either side of you and 3 other checkouts open on top of that. They have tunnel vision at the self check, ignoring the self check and coming directly to you instead.

I actually had it happen to me this morning where I was at the self check and a customer came up to pick up a will call complaining the service department was not there and neither was the pro department. I looked at him funny and noticing the lines building with my bosses and the fact all self checks were in use, just walked him across to the service counter and did the paperwork myself even though the service cashiers were both standing there on the phone and chatting with the paint counter. I spoke with my boss after and found it was the 3rd time this week, people are to lazy to park by the service desks and will just park at the check out and expect to have everything done there even though the computer programs for 75% of what they need are not inside the registers but in the service computers at the other ends of the store.

That customer was complaining and being rude because I refused to help him from the register screen even though I could not because my register screen did not have the program for his paperwork. He was asking for a manager when I walked him to the service desk saying it was not service for him to have to walk all over the place.

My manager appologized to me saying that he is disturbed at how lazy our customers are getting.
ACEN 2010-Inuyasha- progress 100% time taken 3 years
ACEN 2011-Sailor Saturn- progress 95% time taken 3 years

#480 User is offline   Ashori 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991
  • Posts: 924
  • Joined: 07-May 07
  • Location:Midway between Mil and Chi, WI

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

Okay, rant about my day today. I swear, today had to be one of the most messed up days in my store outside of Black Friday.

It's the beginning of the month - we're busy. And for some god-only-knows reason, we're understaffed like heck. And it's been like this for days. It makes me wonder what the frick happened to all the cashiers we just hired. Anyway, back to the fun.

Today was my short shift for the week, so I wasn't expecting so many troubles. Especially when I was placed on the GM side, known for being very quiet since not many people go over there. However, not the case. About an hour into my shift and a few small busy-splurts, I started to run out of change so I place in my request. 20 minutes past, still didn't get it, so I request it again. See my supervisor as she's walking past and trying to motion people down to my side since the grocery side of the store is super busy (again, understaffed) and I have no one on my side (I've just been organizing back-to-school for the past 20 minutes between customers and waiting for change). I ask her about my change, and she tells me just to go to another register.

...Really? That's her solution? Go to another register? -sigh- So I go to the other register that I knew was already used for the day since the one next to me wasn't working. However, about 20 minutes later, I'm out of change in that one too. Again, we're still busy and my supervisor is nowhere to be found. So I hop over to another register. I don't stay there long either as it turns out - surprise - that it too is low on change. WTF.

I finally give up and go back to my register, keep my light off, and request my change again. Five minutes later, I get my change. What do you know, miracles happen. However, by now it's going on 7pm and I haven't gotten my break for the day...and I really need it to go and get my migraine medicine since I'm starting to get nauseous and dizzy due to it. Time goes on and it reaches 7:30 by the time I see another supervisor. I ask her about my break and she tells me to turn out my light. Freaking yay.

Then to add onto my night, once it was all done, I got bit by mosquitoes and now have like six or so bites on my arms and hands...and I was inside the building. Evil. Very evil.

-rant done-
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

  • 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users