Work Stories Did that REALLY happen?

#391 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:57 PM

today was stupid...

it started when i parked my car... i got out and started to walk towards teh door, i realized the worst thing that could happen was happening. THE DISTRICT MANAGER WAS COMING IN!!! i rushed inside and spread the word and then sat down and started to take out my earings and get in 'dress code' or in other words the stricter code of dm, switch my hair change my shirt hide my ink... ugh...

i went in to the salon to next hear the stupid younger bather gloat about this one dog how the owners said the last time their dog was done it wasnt clean looking and stuff (i did the dog last) and she was just so happy i got a complaint i was liek w/e cause i told the people its middle of shedding season and not all of her undercoat was loose so i wasnt going to get my best results just yet and that another 2 or 3 weeks would really be best for her to have the treatment they picked and instead for her to just get bath with a bla bla bla they didnt listen and complained today NOT that day so it meant nothing to me. also the lady lost her check book that day so ha.

had 4 nail trims no tips and got anal'd on...
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#392 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

I got yelled at by a customer because I apparently yelled at her when I told her not to go behind the counter in my department. I already had someone do that today because I hadn't put more bagels out. I had a lot to package because the person before me barely did anything in the 4 hours he was working. I was barely able to do anything in the 7 hours I had. ><

She was so nasty to me. She demanded to talk to a manager and get my name and the customer service's name and some numbers and all this other stuff. I started bawling my eyes out and she made faces and told me to stop crying and suck it up and other mean things. She said I embarrassed in front of all these customers, when the closest one was 10 feet away. She vouched for me and told the customer service manager that I did nothing wrong. The customer service manager told me that the lady was psycho and not to worry about and that I wasn't in trouble.

Luckily, some customers told me I was kind and a sweet heart and nice things because I went out of my way to help them.

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#393 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

awww lina i hate when people are like that.

one year i was yelled at by some woman because i asked her if she found everything she was looking for because we were still unpacking things in back and were told to ask just to make sure that it wasnt a product in back they were looking for... next thing i knew i was teh reason carson's went bankrupt and was closing and it was my fault that bath and body works no longer sells misletoe body lotion (they dont cause it must have sucked)... i stood there with a smile and paged a manager while taking the blame for everything that this woman spewed from her mouth. after 5 minutes i offered to go in back and get a manager i went in the back corner of the stock room and yelled in the headset there was a 'few choice words' at the register looking for manager. the managers all seemed to yell in the headset WHERE IS ASH?! they thought i was cussing this lady out it was great, but like you lina other people had stood up that i handled it well. they said that they were shocked i smiled and agreed and one woman said the lady infront of her was just being a total witch over a bottle of lotion.

so lina im sorry that happened *HUGS*

#394 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

-huggles- It's ok and I'm sorry that happened to you. ; 3;

Apparently I should be sorry that our bread isn't soft enough for some people. -_____-

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#395 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

View PostLina, on Apr 29 2010, 12:25 AM, said:

Apparently I should be sorry that our bread isn't soft enough for some people. -_____-

nah thats just teh john wayne style bread... (this joke works better with toilet paper)

on an up note i get 22 hours starting the week after acen totally forgot till i was trying to plan out time with my trainer.

#396 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Location:Mississippi then New Jersey. Might make ACen 2018 :D

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:58 AM

I just had a +30 min debate about a pair of scissors. your tax dollars at work :3
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#397 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9167

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

Well, time for a nice long installment of my stories. All these stories have been withing the last 4 days.

When it comes to people trying to come behind the counter at work, I have some fun with it, it happened a couple of days ago.

A few days back, a customer attempted to come behind the counter to where we have our liquor. I warn the guy twice that the area behind the counter was restricted to customer access. It was right near the registers after all. A couple of feet away honestly. He decided to push the bounds. On the third time, I stood in his path 2 steps back from the entrance. I said, in a fairly firm voice. "Again, this is area is for EMPLOYEES ONLY! Violation of that allows me to treat you exactly as I would treat an attempted robbery. Which means, I'll trigger the silent alarm, and defend myself and the store by whatever means necessary, up to and included lethal force. Now, if you DO come back here, let's just say, I'd hate to be in YOUR shoes."

He just laughed and said, "Yeah, I'm going to rob your store." He took that step behind the counter. Good enough of a threat for me. I triggered the silent alarm, grabbed him by the neck, and slammed him full force into the ground. He tried getting back up so I drew my baton and slammed him in the back of the knee and pinned him to the ground with my knee in the back of his neck. A moment later the police came flying around the corner and jumped out of their squads and flew inside. They seen him pinned by me on the floor and told me they'll take care of it. They asked me, "What did he do?" "He threatened to rob the store then came behind the counter." I have a court date just after ACen because of that.

As for costumers yelling at me, I have a doozy from 2 days ago, that night was messed up.

A couple come in and do a bit of shopping. Another guy came in for the case of beer he gets every couple of days. I open the case, he get's his beer, and the couple is finally ready and waiting when I get to the front. I ring them up, and I ask if there's anything else they need. I hear about 8 different cigarettes called out. I finally say, "What kind of cigarettes do you need?" The girl said, "Just get me a mother f****** pack of Marlboro f****** Menthol Lights"
"Please don't give me an attitude. You two said multiple kinds of cigarettes."
"I'll give you a f****** attitude whenever the f*** I want."
At this time, the guy waiting to buy his beer is laughing his butt off. I abort the entire transaction, and just scan the chocolate milk she had already opened and took a drink from. I take the other items and put them on the counter behind me.
"I must ask you to pay for the chocolate milk and then leave the premises."
They started going on a massive rant about how they weren't going to pay for the milk unless they were going to buy everything else. So I just smiled and said, "Ok..." The guy ducked out and called in his friends who were waiting for him. I guess he recognized the look in my eye when I smiled. They came in and stood off to the side watching and laughing.

I finished ringing all their items and then ask for her to swipe her card. One of the good things about our system is that the card, though registered by it, it won't go through until I press a button on my end, nor can it be canceled but from my end. I voided EVERYTHING but the milk, then hit the button for it to go through. If they paid attention, they would have seen on the PinPad in front of them the items were being voided off. I asked then, "Debit, or credit?" They did credit and on our systems for purchases under $X you don't need to sign. The card fully clears and their receipt prints out. I take all the items off the counter except for the milk and gave them their receipt. They because saying I'm stealing from them and they want all their stuff. I laughed as I handed them their receipt with showed just the milk paid for and everything else voided.

The group waiting laughed all too hard. The guy in the couple decided to call the police on me since they said it was a fake receipt and that I charged them for everything. I finally ring the guy up for his beer and asked him and his group to stick around to be witnesses in case anything happened. The response, "Do we need to buy tickets?" "No, no, just stand back and enjoy the show."

The girl in the couple said, "We are not a show! He stole from us. Don't you see?" This just got more laughter. She attempted to get them, which were a majority black to sympathize with her by saying I was a racist and every time she came into the store with a black guy, I'm creeping around the store watching their every movement. Again, the group just laughed at it. They deal with me most every night. The guys who bought the beer turned to me and asked, "Is she serious? They're white and their trying to play the race card on you? I mean, WTF (sadly this is what he said). Do they think we'll believe them?"

Suddenly, a flash came from outside. One of the ways I told CPD to get me to pay attention to them pulling up was to flash their spotlight into the store. So, I knew it was the regular patrol car that came around. I waved them in and said, "Well, here's the cops." They came in and asked me, "So what's going on." I explain to them the situation and show them my copy of the receipt that was printed for them. He turned to the girl who started again with the racist statment she used before. Sadly, I just laughed again. He finally got them out of the store and I could tell be the one cop's face, he had it. "If they come back again, just call us up. If they aren't on the property when we get here, we can always get them on disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, or something." The cops and the couple finally left and myself and the group had one good, long laugh.

Now for some comedy.

The other night two Russian guys came in. They shopped a bit then asked for the key for some beer. I get it for them. All this time, other then the request for the key, they were speaking Russian. They come up to the register say a couple last words then turn to me and said, "Sorry, we were speaking Russian." I said, "I know." "You know Russian." I said, "чуть-чуть" which means, for the most part, "Just a bit." They looked at each other with a dumbstruck look. They paid then left.

A tourist came in with a somewhat have english accent. He wanted to know where the "Cloud Gate" B.K.A. "The Bean". I asked if walking or driving, he said he'd rather walk. So I tell him to walk about a half of a kilometer to Michigan Ave. the walk down about 1 and a quarter kilometers to the bean. "You know the kilometers?" "Yes." "Huh... I thought you Americans used niles or something." "That would be 'miles' and most of us do. However, given my proximity to downtown and the local tourist attractions, I found it helpful to learn my metric distances." "I see that. Thank you for your help."

I love when I throw tourists for a loop.

I got some others, but my fingers are getting too tired to continue.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#398 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:20 PM

well today i had one of the most amazing beautiful dogs come in, a rare breed. dogo argentino we dont normally get rare breeds an when we do its rare that a bather gets to work with the dog. so it was great for me. she was pure muscle and pure beauty. the breed is rare mainly due to its rep and being banned from some countries (yes countries entire countries) i put big neon pink bow on her collar oh she was just an amazing dog. sorry just love seeing rare breeds and then gettings to work with them.

More info on the Dogo Argentino

We also had a groomer being a royal, you know.... she just kept texting and going on bathroom breaks... the only person that i can forgive for having to pee every 5 minutes is the old woman as i call her... not some damned 23 year old with an attiude. i dont care if she was on her rag or what not. drop it at teh door fake your happy day in the salon and dont boss me around. i have been at the store for over a year so im doing junk right. i dont bring my phone in and i will nark on her if she keeps this up. infact i know she hates grooming goldens i will put her in her place if i have to. she claimed there was nothing to do after i finished my last dog i had plenty of chores i found on my own to do. she kept just texting and wandering off. then i like to talk to people i know come in often even if they dont come in the salon so i went to say hi to one lady after i clocked out and just be nice because word of mouth that there are nice people at our store is always good. i told her how i had lost my golden and how her lastest addition a golden named autum was just like my roni whom just left, she asked if i was going to get another. i told her i cant its too soon and still would feel like trying to replace and just my family doesnt feel we can ever have another golden if its not our roni and we would go back to the breeder we had just because we found out balh balh. we talked and autum showed me a new trick she learned. bindi showed me her new haircut she did to her self (dog likes to rip her hair out for some reason no ones sure) and tyson wanted attention too. i go in the break room miss 'text n pee' is like why the hell you still here (it was 15 minutes after clocking out) i just said it never kills to just talk to a regular of the store if you know them because it shows you care and they like to know they do matter. she scoffed and w/e i bought my nylabone and went home.

i dont like that girl lately and i want to accidently bump in to her and knock her in the tub with by slipping or something.

totally random note i bought my neigbor some poop bags and he was like why did you get me 6 months worth i was like they had a pack of 240... just you have one dog... hes like you are too nice, i was like and you have a rainbow of poop bags for poop now haha. he helped us out a lot this past week so i figure bags for crap would be a nice gift. he asked how much my store charged and i knew we had them on sale.

#399 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:20 PM

well today i had one of the most amazing beautiful dogs come in, a rare breed. dogo argentino we dont normally get rare breeds an when we do its rare that a bather gets to work with the dog. so it was great for me. she was pure muscle and pure beauty. the breed is rare mainly due to its rep and being banned from some countries (yes countries entire countries) i put big neon pink bow on her collar oh she was just an amazing dog. sorry just love seeing rare breeds and then gettings to work with them.

More info on the Dogo Argentino

We also had a groomer being a royal, you know.... she just kept texting and going on bathroom breaks... the only person that i can forgive for having to pee every 5 minutes is the old woman as i call her... not some damned 23 year old with an attiude. i dont care if she was on her rag or what not. drop it at teh door fake your happy day in the salon and dont boss me around. i have been at the store for over a year so im doing junk right. i dont bring my phone in and i will nark on her if she keeps this up. infact i know she hates grooming goldens i will put her in her place if i have to. she claimed there was nothing to do after i finished my last dog i had plenty of chores i found on my own to do. she kept just texting and wandering off. then i like to talk to people i know come in often even if they dont come in the salon so i went to say hi to one lady after i clocked out and just be nice because word of mouth that there are nice people at our store is always good. i told her how i had lost my golden and how her lastest addition a golden named autum was just like my roni whom just left, she asked if i was going to get another. i told her i cant its too soon and still would feel like trying to replace and just my family doesnt feel we can ever have another golden if its not our roni and we would go back to the breeder we had just because we found out balh balh. we talked and autum showed me a new trick she learned. bindi showed me her new haircut she did to her self (dog likes to rip her hair out for some reason no ones sure) and tyson wanted attention too. i go in the break room miss 'text n pee' is like why the hell you still here (it was 15 minutes after clocking out) i just said it never kills to just talk to a regular of the store if you know them because it shows you care and they like to know they do matter. she scoffed and w/e i bought my nylabone and went home.

i dont like that girl lately and i want to accidently bump in to her and knock her in the tub with by slipping or something.

totally random note i bought my neigbor some poop bags and he was like why did you get me 6 months worth i was like they had a pack of 240... just you have one dog... hes like you are too nice, i was like and you have a rainbow of poop bags for poop now haha. he helped us out a lot this past week so i figure bags for crap would be a nice gift. he asked how much my store charged and i knew we had them on sale.

#400 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

Yesterday, we had to close down the tire and lube express area due to bees. An entire swarm of them filled up the bay area. Needless to say the ones working back there had an eventful day telling the rest of us the story of when they came in and started to fly around, and how when the exterminator came in he actually ran out of spray to help kill them. Ah the joy. XD
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#401 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

Pretty sad story from a few nights ago. A woman came in to eat with her family, and we were fairly busy. All is normal right?

Nope. Turns out I found out from a server that she was actually dumped by her husband and they went there because he didn't want her to make a scene of it. Now I want this guy out of my sex because that's just cowardly to me. You don't do that in a place like ours. Why do you drag someone to a busy restaurant to say "It's over?"
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#402 User is offline   Ishoku Osero 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8641

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:27 PM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on May 5 2010, 12:20 AM, said:

Pretty sad story from a few nights ago. A woman came in to eat with her family, and we were fairly busy. All is normal right?

Nope. Turns out I found out from a server that she was actually dumped by her husband and they went there because he didn't want her to make a scene of it. Now I want this guy out of my sex because that's just cowardly to me. You don't do that in a place like ours. Why do you drag someone to a busy restaurant to say "It's over?"

That's just **** disgusting. Honestly. =(

#403 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:18 AM

Couple of days ago, A lady asked for her pictures that she out to our lab for developing. So I got them & began to ring her up. She asked why she couldn't just pay for the at the front registers, so told her straight up, because too many people steel them. That even employees has to pay for them in photo. She give me that what ever look & pays for them. Then she comes back looking all put out. I am trying to help an older woman use are new HP instant machines. The poor new girl gets stuck with her & not knowing every thing yet, interrupts me to ask why the lady didn't get her CD with her pictures. I am not a trained photo associate either & have to try to get the new girl to cal Fuji labs & find out. Mean while the lady is huffing & puffing at out counter. I finally excuse myself to look at the film, because the new girl noticed some thing on the envelope the lady filled out. She may have filled in the boxes that said she wanted a CD, but she also chose the box for matte finish. It clearly states if matte finish is selected, they can not make a CD for them. I tell her this & she screams about it not mattering, because they are from the negatives. So I repeat my self, you selected matte finish, it says matte finish no CD, blah, blah. Then she screams about how it doesn't say it on there, so I turn it to face her & read it aloud to her. By now her face is purple & she's screaming about wanting her money back. So I calmly tell her, thats fine, but we don't do returns here & she'll have to go to the service line to return them & they we will destroy her pictures. (It's true, unwanted photos get shredded.) She screams at the top of her voice, "YOU HAVE BEEN SO HELPFUL, YOU HAVE BEEN SO HELP FULL!" So just continue to stare at her calmly, the as she keeps yelling god only knows what, I go back to helping the other woman & think that just upset her more that I would get upset or listen to her rant. We never got her pictures back either, LOL! B)
Currently writing a book.

#404 User is offline   Ishoku Osero 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

Luna, that reminds me of something that happened last week at my store. xD

This woman came up to the register and wanted a couple magazines returned, which we can't return to the magazine company and thus don't do returns on. She griped about the fact that it was within 30 days and she had her receipt, and I refused her twice more. Then she ended up shoving the books and stuff back in the bag she brought them in and yelled 'WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT, WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT?!', but didn't give me so much as a chance to answer since she stormed off before I could open my mouth. xD

#405 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:33 AM

WOW, my roommate had that same problem at her book store! Some lady had a bag of magazines she tried to return. She had bought them 2 days before & I guess Osaka (my roommate) had tell her several times that they can not return them & read their policy to her! The lady finally put them bag in her bag & stormed out of the store.

#406 User is offline   Ishoku Osero 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, we get those types a lot. Or they won't bring in the receipt at all and just expect us to bow down to them, haha!
I just thought it was really weird that that specific woman stormed out before I could even say anything back. It's like she absolutely knew better but wanted the last (angry) word anyways.

#407 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:58 AM

i worked on saturday and this lady brought in her shar pei/basset mix 'bowser' while making small chat i said 'so do you have a son that love mario?' i guess i was the first person to ever ask that in the world that she was so amazed she nearly screamed. eep! not my fault i know this stuff.

anyways she goes on how sweet he is and yadda yadda, now normally i understand how people dont realize when their kid names the dog it could honestly be due to a personlity deffect or the kid just loves teh evil bowser... im going with personality defect close to that of boswer. this dog was insane mean and i have never wanted to do an aggro hold more in my life than that day. an aggro hold is a hold limited to only being done in back due to it being possibly considered to harsh for teh dog infront of the owners though its honestly safe when properly trained. just it looks like we may be harming the dog due to how the hold, well looks. we put on the party mask and an e collar this dog still bit my arm some how and clawed the heck out of a manager. HA good dog my butt!

the people behind this dog wanted a nail trim and the lady got pissed it took so long because of the insane bowser (not my fault dogs legally insane) and then because her dog yelped and she assumed i quicked her i checked all paws i must have poked her with the tip of my clippers and it must have been painful, i dont blame pup for yelping but owner could have relaxed the dog was fine and not bleeding. infact her nails were perfectly cut down.

monday i had a psycho pug that wanted to kill me for cutting his nails (no shock) then i got no tips of course. oh and i had a pupppy that smelled of pee. but was very good for her nails. my job also owes me 2 paychecks past of a different wage than what it paid me at <_< my raise didnt go in to effect when it should have and still hasnt. grrrr.

oh and a manager said i am lying about cleaning my cages and stuff because shes too stupid to consider looking for my signature.

#408 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

Ok, so I have this kid who is probably 17, he ask if we have Red Dead Redemption for Xbox? We had a whole row in the new release case, it just got moved to make room for Mario Galaxy 2. I told him twice where it was & then asked him if he wanted one. He just nodded, so as I get the game out, I asked if he has ID. He says yes, so as I go to ring up the game, it prompts for me to card him, so I ask for the ID. He hands me his driving permit. I refuse to take it & say that we only except picture ID. So he hands me a school ID with his picture. So I refuse it as well & tell him that we only except government ID's & that would be, state ID, a driver's license or a military ID. He tries to hand me the permit again. So I tell him that is a driving permit, not an ID & he tries to hand me the school ID again. SO I say I am sorry, but I can not except those & list them off again, but I add that if a Parent or legal guardian is with him or purchases it, then I can sell him the game.
So he calls his Brother on the phone & asks him to come over & buy it for him. It's considered a third part purchase & knowing it is for a possible minor I know I can't sell it to his Brother either & I tell him that. Mean while the Brothers shows up & I have to repeat the whole, thing. The Brother starts complain because he is old enough. I use the you wouldn't let a 24 year old buy booze for a 14 year old & that it is the same kind of sale. So the Brother complains that you can not compare booze to a video game, so I repeat myself & emphasize that it is the same kind of sale He keeps going on, mean while I denied the sale & make to put it away, just as thankfully a manager walks by.
I tell the manager the same thing & he backs me up, he even tried to get them to come back after he was gone, implying that he wouldn't be aware if the Brother came back to buy it by himself. (That was totally wrong of him to say) They were too busy complaining to hear that. While I put the game away, they keep saying the same things over, like I was going to buy two of them, this is stupid, the booze comparison was stupid, blah, blah, blah ( a coworker actually tried to get some one to come & escort them out, but they left before hand) The older Brother's last comment, it must be because I am black. Honestly, even if he'd been purple, my favorite color, I still wouldn't have sold it for two reasons. 1 I kept telling them I could loose my job & I would not loose my job for them. 2, if they had been nice, I might have looked the other way when the manager told them so in other words, but never, be rude to a PSMing Irish gal.
On a fun note, my coworker came in late due to a Dentist appointment & on her way, saw a police car in a pond with the cop walking with his head down shaking it no as if he was ashamed already. I think I might know who the cop is too, LOL!

#409 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

I love reading these things, so shall watch this thread and maybe reply with kind words and hugs to any who have been slanted. The retail industry is a thickle mistress and I am slowly learning this.

For now, I shall post my evening story and leave it at that, but shall read all stories soon :)

I work as a front end manager at a grocery store. To put it simply, I'm in charge of all the registers, cashiers and the overal running of the check-out area. We close the doors to our store at 10.00pm and let any remaining customers finish their orders, dimming the lights about 10.15 as a subtle "we are closing" sign. I had two cashiers at this point, and decide to run the store to search for remaining customers and put any last items back on the shelves. I notice two major orders, one is a pair of ladies and the other is an old lady.

I return to the front and help shut down the cashiers, using my own register to take the final orders so they could go home and we could shut more efficiently. It's about 10.30pm when I'm starting to worry. The two ladies came through, but the older lady did not. I grab a cart guy and we both sweep the floor. Apparently our store manager was doing the same, as in the end it's his duty to close the store, I'm only shutting down the front end.

We all turn up a negative.

I'm worried, but I was out hunting for customers a while at 10, and it's possible she could have slipped through while one of my cashiers was still open. So I close down and count my drawer, put on my coat, it's 10.40 now and as I'm walking away, out of the darkness of the store, comes the lady.

I will fully admit, I am deeply at fault and feel terrible that I saw her in the store and allowed it to get to the point of which the lights were off without noticing her. I instantly take her to an empty register, running the order without a cash drawer (as mine was already turned in for the night). The interesting and heartbreaking part of the tale is that the lady was really sorry, she confessed that her husband recently passed away and that she wasn't used to shopping on her own and just didn't know what to do.

As we rang up, she mentioned how she was trying to find the deals in the frozen section, but couldn't read the signs because the lights were off. I near felt my heart cracking by that point, she was still shopping, even when the lights were dimmed, because she was alone and wasn't totally sure on the protacol.

She was just so dang nice, apologetic, humble and kind during the entire thing, the entire incident, which should have been annoying and stressful, was just a sincere moment of human kindness for me. My cart guy, only 17, stayed the entire time and even helped the lady load her car.

So, I got an extra 30 minutes of wage, a nice story and a mixed sensation of guilt for closing before she was ready and joy that the story even happened at all.

Not bad, for a Monday night.

#410 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

I remember this one time I was just sitting in my cubicle at work when I received a FedEx package with a ringing cell phone in it.
Next thing I know, some dude named Morpheus is giving me pills and everyone is calling me the One.
I then had to meet with some old-a$s oracle and agent Smith wouldn't let me use the telephone!!!!
Cause this, son, is real!!!!
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#411 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

i have no more work stories as i got canned...

and yes im a bit bitter about it. i mean i was a model employee and just because i have an auto immune issue thats covered by the ada they came up with the most bs reasoning to can me.

at least im now the most desired babysitter in the neighborhood. :D

#412 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:07 AM

That sucks, but you'll have some time to train your new puppy or are you looking for a new job?

#413 User is offline   LolipopGestapo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4652

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

I intern at a latex fetishwear company. So pretty much every day is interesting. But the other day I found a custom order for a latex full body pteradactyl suit.
Rawr.

#414 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

You gotta wonder what people would use those suits for.

Here's a funny one, helping an older Lady with questions about computers & printers. She just needed to get an idea & have help reading boxes because she did not see well. After helping to answer her questions & reading info off the boxes, she ask me if I have On Demand. I tell her I did when I had Comcast. So she tells me, that with out her glasses on, she accidentally ordered 2 pornos. After telling her Son about it, he just laughed & laughed at her. I smiled & said, do you have Grandchildren? She nodded yes. So I added, then use the Parental control, it will give you a password to use & they won't be able to find it & you will be least likely to accidentally say yeas I want that porn. That it was simple, but if she needed help, she could call Comcast & they could walk her through it. She laughed & thanked me. I realize how embarrassing that must have been to tell, but I appreciated it.

#415 User is offline   Stkbayfield 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29662

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

No need to wonder Neko. It's for sexual role play with FREAKING DINOSAURS. Somehow that makes it awesome.

As for your story, I adore anything with sweet and kind old peoples. They're like the best people in the world :) That must have been heck of embarrassing for both of you, and the most akward conversation ever, but in the end you helped her out and she gave you a fun story to share. Equivilant exchange! :)

#416 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on May 25 2010, 01:07 AM, said:

That sucks, but you'll have some time to train your new puppy or are you looking for a new job?

im so taking my time and using it for puppy. my vet wants my resume which i wasnt expecting, but then again i had high standing clients with in the community (which is very rare for a professional bather) i had service dogs and the dogs of former officers as clients so he knows that if i can please those owners i know what comes first.

but i really a glad i will have plenty of time to bond with my puppy and train her house training super fast than someone that would be working and relying on other people to read her signs.

down side i need to find a new groomer for my elder dog. as shes having old age allergic reactions to everything even hypo shampoo!!

yes my dog is allergic to a shampoo meant for dogs allergic to everything else.

#417 User is offline   LolipopGestapo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4652

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

View PostStkbayfield, on May 25 2010, 01:43 PM, said:

No need to wonder Neko. It's for sexual role play with FREAKING DINOSAURS. Somehow that makes it awesome.

According to my boss the pteradactyl suit was for the slave. I'm wondering what the master ordered.

There was also an old order for a latex sailor fuku.
Rawr.

#418 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:07 PM

So we had a gorilla visit the other night...yes, a gorilla. Insert your WTF? faces here.

A friend of one of our cashiers decided to visit him dressed in a gorilla suit and gave the few of us on the early third-shift cashier crew a good laugh. Of course, I think I got the biggest OMG! laugh out of it, since I'm used to seeing people in costumes...although not at Wal-Mart.

It did make my day though, being that earlier the store had to deal with pouring rain and pow-wows of people crowding the foyers because they didn't want to get wet. Couldn't blame them - I ran into the store in one of those downpours and got soaked. How fun 20 minutes before my shift began and had no access to the dryer. XP
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#419 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:05 AM

I remember this one time at working at an insurance company, me and one of my coworkers uncovered some insurance fraud and presented to our boss.
He then invites us to his beach house in a getaway island for the weekend.
Next thing you know, we find his dead body upon arrival to his beach house.
To make things worse, dozens of our boss' friends start arriving nonchalantly looking for a impromptu party at his infamous beach house.
We then we had to prop up his lifeless corpse to convince the party goers he was still alive, all the while crazy hi-jinks ensue.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#420 User is offline   Ranko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 54494

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:02 AM

My roommates came into the game lab I work at, at my college.... if you've read my post about them... 'nuff said lol. If not... tl;dr version... they all hate me .

oh and lol @ weekend at bernies.

This post has been edited by Ranko: 08 June 2010 - 06:03 AM

facebook- because you can never have too many friends!

http://www.facebook....hp?id=607874283

PSN ID: Ranma344

This keyboard of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning feel tells me to post here! Take this, my knowledge, my opinion, and all of my awesomeness! SHINING POST!

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users