• You cannot reply to this topic

Work Stories Did that REALLY happen?

#211 User is offline   sway 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 52284

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

These images in my mind!! ARGH!!!!

I'm holding BOTH of you responsible for future nightmares. I can see it now. Saran wrap and diapers.

Adults in saran wrap and diapers...

..... God, help me x___e;
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Contact info below thar. 8D
Gogo Webpage

#212 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

View Postsway, on Mar 25 2010, 08:19 PM, said:

These images in my mind!! ARGH!!!!

I'm holding BOTH of you responsible for future nightmares. I can see it now. Saran wrap and diapers.

Adults in saran wrap and diapers...

..... God, help me x___e;

Um...Picture good looking adults in saran wrap?
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#213 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

not helping. -blind-
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#214 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

Um...at least you are picture a fat old guy losing his diaper cause saran wrap is trying to rape him

#215 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

I totally hate you. Just so you know. 8D
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#216 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9167

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

*comes back then leaves to go vomit again*
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#217 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

Totally bad timing, man. XD
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#218 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:30 AM

View Postsway, on Mar 25 2010, 09:43 PM, said:

I totally hate you. Just so you know. 8D

I could've said worse

::evil grin::

#219 User is offline   technoBC 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 24388

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:09 AM

Eh, I don't have a job so I don't have anything to add :'C

But, I just wanted to say something about all the people that work at movie theaters. The movie theaters I live by allow people who are under 17 to see R rated movies as long as a parent comes in and pays for the tickets and then the kids get marks on their hands. I hadn't realized that you could be 17, so I've been doing that for a while xD Plus there's a student discount :]

This post has been edited by technoBC: 27 March 2010 - 01:56 AM

~Go Go Procrasti-Rangers!~

#220 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

That reminds me, Parents are not aware that they have to be with the teens in the movie. I was 17 when Inter view with a Vampire came out, my Friends Dad bought us the tickets & left us at the theater, because he had work. We were both 17, but they wouldn't let us in saying they could not prove that our Parents bought the tickets, when we couldn't have bought it our selves since they would have carded us at the time of purchase. I had to drag my Mother another time to go with us & she fell a sleep & snored at one point. We had to wake her because of not being able to hear it. I felt bad for my Mother having to go with us, I mean it wasn't like we were 11 & screaming ever time we saw Brad Pitt. Still, My Mom had no idea what was going on for most of the movie, but she made it through most of the movie. She's not a vampire person & I felt bad that she had to go, still it shows how much she loves me.
Currently writing a book.

#221 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:23 AM

Only story last night is a guy was so drunk he fell into the door on his way out. Door was fine, after I cleaned the little bit of blood off the kick plate. One of the few reasons I'm glad I have a small medkit in my bag at all times. Which reminds me, I need to get more latex gloves....
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#222 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

If you deal with drunks often, latex gloves is the one thing you do not want to run out of!

#223 User is offline   Jello 

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3087

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on Mar 26 2010, 01:18 AM, said:

How about going back to topic? We once had a lady returning baby formula, claiming that her water broke & begging to be taking first in the return line. By law we can not take back formula & there she was standing there dripping. She argued about the formula & finally gave up. You would think that she would just up & leave for the hospital, but it turned out she faked it & used gallon water to fake the water break. Walmart customers never seize to amaze me with their stupidity. I just wish we could have gotten her for the theft of water.

This made my day

ACen Registration Staff 2006-2009, 2012-2013
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2010 - 2011
Youmacon VAT Staff 2008-2012

#224 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

Ah, I see so many Walmart stories. -makes me feel right at home- As you can tell, I also work for Walmart. Being on register all the time gives me a nice round of stories to deal with. Some make me laugh, some make me upset, some make me...go WTF?

I have a few robbery stories to tell (they're old, but meh):

A few weeks back, I was on one of the express lanes and I started to hear a squealing alarm. I figured someone hit the fire exit door in either the Family Fun Center (for those that don't have one of these, it's basically our little arcade room with the crane machines and a couple of rides and games for children to mainly enjoy) or by the Pharmacy, so I didn't think too much of it. Then I see one of my front end supervisors running towards the back; I was curious, but at the same time I thought she was doing a quick price check or something.

No, as it turned out, someone was trying to swipe a large HDTV (I think it was like a 42" or something; it was one of the big TVs, that's all I know) out of one of the sets of doors in the back (I'm assuming the ones by Tire and Lube Express, since the Garden Center doors were still locked) and had cut the large spider alarm around it, and my supervisor was going to help one of the associates that saw the guy trying to snatch it. Of course, I didn't figure out all of this until I saw three of my managers and my supervisor walking back in the store with the TV on a cart. My main question would be why anyone would try that in the early evening when we are still busy and have plenty of people walking the floor, but I'm sure I'll never know.

Of course, this isn't the first time we've had a robbery or attempted robbery like this: in my first summer of working at Walmart, I was on another express lane and the next thing I knew I was hearing yelling and doors falling off their track coming not too far away. I look up from what I was doing (as was pretty much everyone else) to see one of our associates holding someone to ground and yelling for someone to call the police. As it turned out, an underage woman was trying to smuggle alcohol out of the store. Ah, the joy of the liquor.

Another time someone was tackled was when they were trying to steal a video game out of the door, and then there was someone trying to take advantage of our deafen eardrums during a late-night fire alarm test by cutting the alarm off of a thing of alcohol and getting it out the door. They were caught before they could steal the alcohol, but we ended up with a busted alarm we couldn't use anymore.

I should try to remember the time when 8 or 9 of our cashiers were fired all at the same time for some sort of scheme they did, but I can't remember all the details right now. Boy was that a fun day to come into. XD
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#225 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

I'm sure Wal-mart, like Target has a policy of employees not being allowed to interfere with a theft.

Under wal-mart policy, the above people should have been fired. :x

I have too many target stories to tell...though I was watching a fight AP was in outside the blue doors one day that involved my friends (on ap.)

Then there's the time to ETL of AP was running after a thief in the parking lot..in crazy stiletto heels, and managed to tackle the guy. We all in the store were scared of this lady for a reason...i'm one of the few who wasn't because AP and I were close.

Too bad all the awards I won from AP means nothing in most jobs. :/
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#226 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on Mar 26 2010, 10:47 AM, said:

That reminds me, Parents are not aware that they have to be with the teens in the movie. I was 17 when Inter view with a Vampire came out, my Friends Dad bought us the tickets & left us at the theater, because he had work. We were both 17, but they wouldn't let us in saying they could not prove that our Parents bought the tickets, when we couldn't have bought it our selves since they would have carded us at the time of purchase. I had to drag my Mother another time to go with us & she fell a sleep & snored at one point. We had to wake her because of not being able to hear it. I felt bad for my Mother having to go with us, I mean it wasn't like we were 11 & screaming ever time we saw Brad Pitt. Still, My Mom had no idea what was going on for most of the movie, but she made it through most of the movie. She's not a vampire person & I felt bad that she had to go, still it shows how much she loves me.

Ya see, this is the kind of stuff that gets me. If you strictly read the labels, R rated moves (or M rated games) specifically say that the cutoff age is 17.

An R-rated motion picture, in the view of the Rating Board, contains some adult material. An R-rated motion picture may include adult themes, adult activity, hard language, intense or persistent violence, sexually-oriented nudity, drug abuse or other elements, so that parents are counseled to take this rating very seriously. Children under 17 are not allowed to attend R-rated motion pictures unaccompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Parents are strongly urged to find out more about R-rated motion pictures in determining their suitability for their children. Generally, it is not appropriate for parents to bring their young children with them to R-rated motion pictures.

MATURE
Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.

Note, UNDER 17, and 17 AND older. Just a little note that may interest only me. XD
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#227 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Mar 26 2010, 04:47 PM, said:

I'm sure Wal-mart, like Target has a policy of employees not being allowed to interfere with a theft.

I have too many target stories to tell...though I was watching a fight AP was in outside the blue doors one day that involved my friends (on ap.)

Then there's the time to ETL of AP was running after a thief in the parking lot..in crazy stiletto heels, and managed to tackle the guy. We all in the store were scared of this lady for a reason...i'm one of the few who wasn't because AP and I were close.

Too bad all the awards I won from AP means nothing in most jobs. :/

Well, that policy isn't quite universal. When I was at Sears, we were told that floor associates would likely be canned if they touched a customer, but our security team had the discretion to restrain someone committing a crime if necessary. Of course, they were trained for that kind of stuff so it made much more sense for them to do it since they would be less likely to do something that would leave the store liable.

#228 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

Stealing a big TV.... what was he gonna do? Shove it up his shirt and hope no one notices?
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#229 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

View Postwrexness, on Mar 26 2010, 05:16 PM, said:

Well, that policy isn't quite universal. When I was at Sears, we were told that floor associates would likely be canned if they touched a customer, but our security team had the discretion to restrain someone committing a crime if necessary. Of course, they were trained for that kind of stuff so it made much more sense for them to do it since they would be less likely to do something that would leave the store liable.

I was speaking to something along those lines - that security employees are the only ones who can actually confront customers directly and such.

Actually AP for target are way more hardcore than people think..at least it was at the store I used to work for...

Though I remember one time a cashier getting arrested in the store, while he was working for stealing credit card numbers and false-charging gift cards.

I don't understand people who do that kind of stuff. Do you honestly expect not to get caught? :/
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#230 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

"B-but they'd never catch me, I'm too smart!" :rolleyes:

#231 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19831

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Mar 26 2010, 04:47 PM, said:

Thats true! I'm pretty surprised they didn't get fired, though i imagine they would have gotten in SOME sort of trouble. Our walmart managers stress that all the time when it comes to theft and that we could lose our job if we caused bodily harm to a customer (unless you are doing it to protect yourself).
Looking at all these walmart stories makes my walmart look lame, though apparently there was a guy that came into our walmart today dressed in a gorilla suit...O_o I could hear it on the walkie, it sounded so ridiculous!

"The door greeter has reported that a gorilla has entered the store."

*no response*

"Has anyone seen a gorilla?"

"He's here in the sporting goods department"

*silence*

"Does anyone know where the gorilla has gone?"

"He's in aisle 3 of the grocery department"

LMAO! it was pretty weird, i only wish i could have seen him! *oblivious*

This post has been edited by Fullmetal_C: 26 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

Cosplay.com!!![Fullmetal_C]
Deviant Art!!![ShojO-ShortY][/center]

#232 User is offline   kimuhalu 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17064

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

I don't have much of any cool work stories to tell. Most of what I could tell are stories of a bunch of bitchy ladies. We could make them the most gorgeous cake you've ever seen and they'd rage and probably break down in tears because it's the wrong shade of purple (and I'm talking a very subtle difference). =\

This post has been edited by kimuhalu: 26 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

Kamen Rider Decade (Inspired Outfit) (Kamen Rider Decade) 4%

Twitter :: My Figure Collection :: My Cosplay Blog :: ACen 2014

#233 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

Well, the guy that stopped the underaged woman is still working for us, but I'm sure he got a praising and a coaching later.
The theft with the TV, I think they were trying to chase the guy and stop them, but the police got the thief and we got the TV.

And wow Fullmetal...I wish my store was that exciting. XD The most we've ever gotten was a guy walking in with a cat ears and tail. I had to bust up laughing though, since for me seeing that was normal, but for my fellow late-shift cashiers...they just looked at him and went WTF?. It was the same thing when a customer saw a girl leave with a fox tail attached to her (mind you, it was an elderly woman) and she turned to me and went "Did you see that? That girl had a fox tail attached to her!" I could only smile (I didn't want to laugh all crazily) and go "Well, ma'am, to be honest I'm used to seeing people dress like that. It's actually normal to me." I can vaguely remember her raising her eyebrows and looking at me as if I was strange.

I remember the cashier story a bit now. I wasn't there, but when I arrived into the store and into the breakroom, one of my cashiers asked me I saw anyone get arrested. I said no, since I just got in, and asked what went on. Turned out that 8 or 9 of our cashiers were fired and arrested because they were overriding expensive items for just a few cents or not even scanning them at all and sliding them into the bags. Needless to say, I was a bit in shock that that many cashiers would do that, some of them being there from when our store opened, and all at once on the same day. I don't know if they got anyone else for this, since I'm pretty sure the customers they did this for were family and friends and the like (I mean, what other reason would they have for doing this?), but I do know it was definitely something I wasn't expecting walking into work.

And of course, this happened right before the busy holiday season, which left us very much understaffed. Ah, the joy. XP
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#234 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

Huh... yeah, the overriding would be absolutely stupid. Unless Wal-mart is different from Sears was, you have to register transactions to your unique ID. You think that the managers wouldn't notice that you're selling iPods and TVs and Blu-ray players for a nickel? At least the lack of scanning it would be harder to catch them because there's not a registered record of YOU basically giving an item away; there'd have to be an inventory done showing that the item is missing, then you'd have to check all of the security cameras from the last time inventory was taken to the present to try to diagnose what happened to the object. If you're unlucky they notice on the security cameras and you're caught right away, but that's at least the worst case scenario. Idiots... ~_~

#235 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:03 AM

As for the allowed to tackle thing, we used to be able to, now it is just AP. Though I have a few stories on that.

We had a guys steal a CD, we tracked him, because he broke the case in the store & cut him self. We just fallowed the trail of blood.

Our poor LP guy, (it was LP back then) went after a kid taking a bee bee gun, the kid turned around, jumped & pistol whipped our LP guy. Mind you he was 6.2, but our poor LP guy had to get 4 stitches, still he got his thief.

We had a family making off with any where from around $300-&1600 in merchandise each time they came. It was 2 Sisters & a Brother with their little kids & they would use the baby's seat & blanket to cover it up. They had a way of getting around the spider wraps & I am not posting it. We had a good idea what they looked like & kept an eye for' them. The day we got them, it was just one Sister & the Brother with the baby. Back then Management could do some thing. They chased them through the parking lot while we called the police. The Brother ran & hid in a ditch, The Sister threw her baby in the back of her car & nearly backed over a CSM helping. The police were horrified to see an infant lying in garbage & the floor boards of the car, but they got them.

We had a guy fill a duffel bag & split, same manager chased him down while we called the police. She ran him down across the parking lot & to a car in a restaurant's parking area. He dumped it in a car, then ran on foot, while the manger had yelled, "Just drop the bag & I won't press charges!" (she had been yelled at for chasing before) It turned out the car was stolen from New Jersey & the cops were watching the car already.

Just today I had a guy trying to use 2 coupons for free X-box live cards for free items, I knew some thing was up then, because they are $50 each. I'm glad I stalled long & got many people involved to find out that they had a listing about it. Now granted the customer may not have know it was bad & they did look real, so be warned. All X-box coupons are fraudulent.

This post has been edited by Neko_master_Luna: 27 March 2010 - 12:04 AM

#236 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:24 AM

I search the chans and other sites for coupons to have a record. I save them to my iPod and if I have a copy, I know it's fake. I have other methods, but those are for personal use.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#237 User is offline   The Ghost of Acen 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 29810

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

If only I could post stories about stupid residents, but sadly, I'm not allowed to. Some of the things college kids do are really funny. Especially when they're high, or drunk.
See me you may,
See me you not.
But see me you wont,
If you don't stalk my spot.

#238 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

We could start a thread for that if you included neighbors, cuz it can be the same thing. I have had some in collage that treated the neighbor hood as if it was their frat house.

#239 User is offline   The Ghost of Acen 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 29810

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

well, considering how it's my job to deal with all the problem residents in my tower (at least once a week, and sometimes the weekends) I figured here would be good.

but I think I'll be okay with posting a story of animals getting into the building.

so one night, a bat manage to get into the building, and starts flying around the main level. Now, the ceiling is fairly high, and has quite a lot of hiding places for creatures such as bats. Anyway, we didn't know about the bat until later, when they were spotted flying around. Of course, people freaked. (I personally hate bats, and luckily, I wasn't on duty, so I didn't have to help look for it all night) When we started looking for the bat we found it dead in the bathroom. :eek: but we still had reports of a live one. so here we go again, looking for the darn thing, and we finally spot it, the second bat. The police (we have a station right in the building) call animal control, as we all keep an eye on the thing. It flies towards one of the girls (A), who of course, freaks out, and starts screaming bloody murder, which probably confused the bat, as it just kept circling her head, which of course causes more panic, and more screams. Nearly everyone scattered at that point, but A didn't/couldn't move. One of the police officers, takes out his big police flashlight/beater thing, and hits the bat, and it slams against the wall, and slides down. But it wasn't dead. The police then picked up the bat (they had gloves on) and put it in a bag, and waited for animal control.

I heard later that this wasn't the first time a bat or two has gotten into the building.
See me you may,
See me you not.
But see me you wont,
If you don't stalk my spot.

#240 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

Another theft story. Not my store, but the Waukegan store, fired over half of their staff right before they opened, because they had 13 I-pods taken, shouldn't do that before the stores is open. They know it's employees then. Not to mention they had the worse inventory in Walmart history this year.

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users