• You cannot reply to this topic

Work Stories Did that REALLY happen?

#181 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:15 AM

View Postsway, on Mar 25 2010, 10:14 AM, said:

This, I believe without a doubt. =/

If it's one thing that really makes me want to vomit; It's when people mess with my food.. or anyone else's. It's disgusting. >/

I will tell you this now, I followed the correct cleaning procedures for everything. Some of my co workers, not so much.

#182 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3522

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:34 AM

View PostSongstressLenne, on Mar 25 2010, 10:15 AM, said:

I will tell you this now, I followed the correct cleaning procedures for everything. Some of my co workers, not so much.

Pee, don't wash hands, "sure, i'll grab that steak for you"

the thought scares me
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#183 User is offline   sway 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 52284

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:41 PM

That puts some ease on my mind. ;o) it reminds of the news video of that kid taking a bath in the sanitary sink at Burger King... do you remember that, or have seen it? >___>
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Contact info below thar. 8D
Gogo Webpage

#184 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

View Postsway, on Mar 25 2010, 05:41 PM, said:

That puts some ease on my mind. ;o) it reminds of the news video of that kid taking a bath in the sanitary sink at Burger King... do you remember that, or have seen it? >___>

Yep, that was gross

#185 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

@ Sway

I hate to be a party pooper/ off topic, but it's REAL dangerous to post your phone number, even if this is a nice forum in general. Maybe just send it to people over PM's?
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#186 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

That reminds me of when My older Brother worked for Taco bell in the 80's. He cut his hand bad while slicing up tomatoes. So he threw them out & began to wash his cut, but the manager saw & yelled at him. The manger made him pick the tomatoes out of the garbage & rinse them off to use still. My stupid Brother did it, but he quit later that week.
Currently writing a book.

#187 User is offline   magicreaver 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 3343

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

I do Inventory at work.
One of our 5+ year veterans at work (very high turnover) manged to mess up a section of 5 toilets, she only counted 3...
How can you count nearly every day for the last 5 years and get THAT wrong?

I got a lot of things i can gripe about, but very few exceptionally entertaining stories.
I'll post more as I think of them.

#188 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

Don't feel bad, lot's of companies hire Regis to count for them, those people never put any thing back right & over half of them count wrong. I don't know why my company hires them.

#189 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

View PostKrystal, on Mar 25 2010, 05:49 PM, said:

@ Sway

I hate to be a party pooper/ off topic, but it's REAL dangerous to post your phone number, even if this is a nice forum in general. Maybe just send it to people over PM's?

I understand your concern; but it's not posted up there just for the sake of being pretty. I am an independent contractor. A model and a gogo dancer for hire. My phone number and the contact information is how potential clients get a hold of me. Plus, they have to go through my manager first, to get to me. Besides... putting up your myspace/facebook and messenger information in your profile isn't any less dangerous.

I know what I'm doing. Don't worry about me. I deal with creepy, weird people every day. Con people are hardly anything to be afraid about. ;o)
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#190 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

View Postsway, on Mar 25 2010, 06:14 PM, said:

I know what I'm doing. Don't worry about me. I deal with creepy, weird people every day. Con people are hardly anything to be afraid about. ;o)

Every been threatened with a yuri paddle around 1am by a con goer & his friend? Or how about a creep job stalking you out side you hotel or another chasing you from your event? I have had this happen. It doesn't hurt to be extra careful, but I understand & agree if you have a manager. I'm not as skinny as I used to be, so I guess I am safer than I was, but I still get the creeps who have to stare at the Fujiko like rack, at least I can handle them, still saying, not all con goers are safe to be around, though I have had one come to my rescue.

#191 User is offline   magicreaver 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 3343

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

Oh I don't work for Regis, being compared to them is insulting >.<
We just call them "the other guys" and in all my time working one of the questions on our survey is would you prefer us or them and I have NEVER seen them as the answer (though on some of our problem stores we get the don't care, but even that is rare).

Last week we actually had one of the worst stores in company history as far as efficiency (took us over 20 hours) and even so we were still better then their last experience with Regis.

#192 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

I wasn't comparing you to them, just saying how bad they are to make you feel better. I got forced to help the night before at the Waukeagan walmart, I knew as soon as I walked in how bad things were & was glad I didn't work there. They got the worst in walmart history for shrinkage ever. Now that is an epic fail & it was no picnic trying to help them.

#193 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

View Postsway, on Mar 25 2010, 06:14 PM, said:

I understand your concern; but it's not posted up there just for the sake of being pretty. I am an independent contractor. A model and a gogo dancer for hire. My phone number and the contact information is how potential clients get a hold of me. Plus, they have to go through my manager first, to get to me. Besides... putting up your myspace/facebook and messenger information in your profile isn't any less dangerous.

Unless you are part of the ACen staffing section that has a specific line that you want to be reached on for questions/concerns, save the phone numbers for PMs.

I'm telling you now it's smart and I highly warn you to remove it and just leave your companie's website. IF you refuse to do so voluntarily, I will remove it myself and there will be consequences.

A messenger service / facebook/ myspace can be controlled on what content you get. Advertisers/phisers/spammers/not so friendly people with a phone number cannot be filtered.

#194 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

It's especially dangerous on websites where you post your picture. I'm all for posting pictures, but if they have a number to the face...

Lifetime movie stuff can ensue.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#195 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on Mar 25 2010, 06:21 PM, said:

Every been threatened with a yuri paddle around 1am by a con goer & his friend? Or how about a creep job stalking you out side you hotel or another chasing you from your event? I have had this happen. It doesn't hurt to be extra careful, but I understand & agree if you have a manager. I'm not as skinny as I used to be, so I guess I am safer than I was, but I still get the creeps who have to stare at the Fujiko like rack, at least I can handle them, still saying, not all con goers are safe to be around, though I have had one come to my rescue.

I have never been threatened with a paddle. I have threatened OTHER people with paddles...and whips...and riding crops (for my own amusement) but otherwise, no. Most people don't approach me. And believe me.. I have encountered about every kind of creep, jerk and borderline stalker (con-stalkers don't count). I say this, b/c I also used to work in a gentlemen's club as an entertainer. If that gives you any kind of idea of what kind of people I dealt with for 8-9 hours a shift, then you will understand why I don't feel very threatened by con-people. There are worse people out there. Yes, I know there are some really weird con goers. MOST of them are just sideline creepers who are too afraid to say anything, so they just stick to following at a distance and take creepy cell phone pics or walk-by pics with their camera. LOL

What you need to know about these types of weird people is.. you can't ALLOW them to secretly follow you around, if you're aware of their behavior. Simply..sitting back and HOPING they'll go away won't do anything. You might be able to hide from them for a time; but they'll find you, if they really want to. MOST of the time, if you confront them and straight up be a bitch like "Hey, I don't appreciate you following me around, or being in my personal space...BACK OFF" they usually leave you alone. Some can be a little stubborn..but they'll eventually go away. You just gotta stand your ground.

I'm a woman in the entertainment industry. It's shady. There are D-Bags EVERYWHERE, and the moment you make yourself seem vulnerable.. that's when they swarm in to try and take advantage of you. Please, don't think I'm some young, naive girl. I'm most likely much older than most of you with a lot more life experience under my belt, than you will ever see. With as often as I give out my business number; there might be.. one or two people who actually contact me, out of the hundreds in my resource pool. My manager (or even myself) will usually make the first move to contact any clientele.

Now that I've gone COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC... how about a story to bring us BACK on topic!

I know I said I wouldn't write this, but hell... why not?

Let's see... here's something that happened at a previous nightclub I worked at. I worked with another gogo (still do, actually but at a diff club) and we danced on a semi circular stage with a spinning pole. LADIES NIGHT. We were dancing, and to our displeasure; a few females decided to get on the pole partway through the night. (mind you, I recognize some of these ladies from neighboring gentlemen's clubs...they work at the.. less respected clubs..) SO.. one of them hops on the pole. She's a thicker girl..wearing a knee length dress. Kicks off her shoes so she's barefoot (ew) and climbs the pole. Holding her weight up, she performs a sort of "sit" position on the pole...but... she's hiked up her dress WAY above her waist and does a spread eagle. EVERYTHING is seen.

She got kicked out of the club. It's too stupid to makeup, and yes.. I get to witness awesome feats of trashyness every night I work...THAT being the worst so far. I no longer work at that club for the fact that I dislike dancing with people who do not belong on stage. (non gogo's) But.. the owner of that club wouldn't let us kick the girls off. It annoyed me and the other girl I worked with, so we quit and found better places to work.
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#196 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

View Postsway, on Mar 26 2010, 12:14 AM, said:

I understand your concern; but it's not posted up there just for the sake of being pretty.

1) Ever hear 'don't mess with the nerd in the glasses'? See: Columbine, most songs by The Police, etc.
I would take a dirty old drunk man over a creepy butt nerd stalker.

2) Con nerds don't have money. See: Room packing.

View Postsway, on Mar 26 2010, 12:14 AM, said:

I am an independent contractor.

www.craigslist.com
jobs.aol.com
www.careerbuilder.com
hotjobs.yahoo.com

It's a start. This is a family-friendly site and there are many minors on here. Keep the sexy in check please.

#197 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

I know all about the nerd in the glasses. But I don't mess with them.

By independent contractor, I meant gogo dancer. There's nothing overly sexy about that..well.. fuzzy boots, I guess? And yes, I know about those websites. I have them all favorited. I think my fingers have lost their prints, b/c of hoe often I look up little job postings. I don't use career builder. The others, I do, though.

BTW; Songstress; I removed the number. Just to avoid unecessary issues in the future.

This post has been edited by sway: 25 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#198 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

How about going back to topic? We once had a lady returning baby formula, claiming that her water broke & begging to be taking first in the return line. By law we can not take back formula & there she was standing there dripping. She argued about the formula & finally gave up. You would think that she would just up & leave for the hospital, but it turned out she faked it & used gallon water to fake the water break. Walmart customers never seize to amaze me with their stupidity. I just wish we could have gotten her for the theft of water.

#199 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

......I want some fuzzy boots...

#200 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on Mar 25 2010, 07:18 PM, said:

How about going back to topic? We once had a lady returning baby formula, claiming that her water broke & begging to be taking first in the return line. By law we can not take back formula & there she was standing there dripping. She argued about the formula & finally gave up. You would think that she would just up & leave for the hospital, but it turned out she faked it & used gallon water to fake the water break. Walmart customers never seize to amaze me with their stupidity. I just wish we could have gotten her for the theft of water.

.....wow, just wow.

#201 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

I know right, we have had some decent & famous customers before, but people like this create a reality check.

#202 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on Mar 25 2010, 07:18 PM, said:

NICE!!!! LOL. I LOVE walmart, JUST for that reason. Have you seen the PEOPLE OF WALMART site? Its awesome.

@ Krystal; If I still had my sewing machine, I could make you some! But here is the site I go to to get mine. FURRY BOOTS!!!!
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#203 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

How did you find out she was faking it?

#204 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:41 PM

I need more interesting work

#205 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

Go to work in saranwrap. Problem solved 8D
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#206 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:47 PM

View Postsway, on Mar 25 2010, 07:42 PM, said:

Go to work in saranwrap. Problem solved 8D

:eek:
Lol, not a chance a work at a daycare center

#207 User is offline   sway 

• Pip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

I retract my statement. That would be disturbing. x____e;
Sway Norsouvanh
Gogo Dancer/Model
Gogo Webpage

#208 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

View Postsway, on Mar 25 2010, 07:51 PM, said:

I retract my statement. That would be disturbing. x____e;

Very much so :lol:

#209 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

SHUT DOWN.

I would be so screwed up if my daycare lady showed up in saran wrap.

#210 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:01 PM

View PostKrystal, on Mar 25 2010, 07:55 PM, said:

SHUT DOWN.

I would be so screwed up if my daycare lady showed up in saran wrap.

Lol, It ok your safe now :lol:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users