This post has been edited by Panickitty125: 19 March 2010 - 09:18 AM

needs updating D:

#123 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9167

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

Post them then. I have a few good dog stories as well.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#124 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

View PostCarnage_Black3, on Mar 19 2010, 07:17 PM, said:

Post them then. I have a few good dog stories as well.

Dogs you can forgive, because they're dogs.

People, on the other hand...

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"People are strange/When you're a stranger/Faces look ugly/When you're alone"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#125 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

I love dogs so forgiveness comes easily. And I'm glad someone got the reference.

This post has been edited by Carnage_Black3: 19 March 2010 - 06:28 PM

ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#126 User is offline   Panickitty125 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 46130

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

oh then i'd have to think of some good ones then
needs updating D:

#127 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

Go ahead and post them then.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#128 User is offline   Panickitty125 

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

okies :)

so i came into the dog groomers early in the morning and one of the groomers looks at me and tells me that there is already a dog in the back room waiting to be washed. she asked if i would be able to handle the dog and i told her that i could. so i went to the back room and in one of the cages i see the Biggest st. bernard i have encountered. i grabbed the leash and wrap it around his neck to pull him out of the cage and bring him to the tub.

what the groomer forgot to inform me was that since this dog was so overweight, he did not like to walk on tiled floors and would slip without anything underneath him. so i was tugging him onto the tiled floor and right away he is slipping like he is on ice. i tried to hold him up and walk him towards the tub, but he was too heavy for me to do alone. he eventually gave up and decided to plop down on top of me. a groomer opened the door to the back room only to find me being crushed to death by this st bernard and went over to try and lift the dog but needed the help of the other groomer. after getting up, i decided to lay towels on the floor in a pathway to the tub so he could walk on them. i used a total of about 25 towels but i finally got him into the tub to wash him

when his owner came to get him, we had to lay out the towels again to get him to the front door to his car. right before going out the front door, the dog stares at the door and then his owner before turning around and backing out the door backyards slowly like one of those electric shopping carts when you put them in reverse. it was the cutest thing ever

he was probably the most memorable dog i washed when i had the job
needs updating D:

#129 User is offline   wrexness 

• Forum Abacus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7901

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

^That... sounds like something straight out of a TV show. XD
2012 Cosplay Plans - Fujiwara no Mokou (Touhou)
Visit my MAL and let me know you're from the forums~

#130 User is offline   Panickitty125 

• Pip

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:30 AM

View Postwrexness, on Mar 20 2010, 01:18 AM, said:

^That... sounds like something straight out of a TV show. XD

does it really? lol
needs updating D:

#131 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:15 AM

Sounds like Marmaduke.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#132 User is offline   Panickitty125 

• Pip

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:56 AM

View PostCarnage_Black3, on Mar 20 2010, 06:15 AM, said:

Sounds like Marmaduke.

hahaha
needs updating D:

#133 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:55 PM

It's gonna be another Sunday night, so I know I should get atleast a couple stories out of it. Given the schools near me are prepping for spring break, chances are the topic tonight will be "Drunks".
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#134 User is offline   Mock-Kappa 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3036
  • Location:A branch of the Miskatonic University in Sugar Grove, IL.

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

I remeber being told by a pass girlfriend who work at Menards at the time that the head of the company was such a jerk about everything being up to company code that he would do surprise inspections. One of his big pet petpeves was that people had to wear the company garb a certain way and carry them in a certain way. She went on to tell on about during one of his visit that he went up to this one guy who was wearing the company colors and pants who was sitting on the floor in an aisle just looking at charcoal to tell them that because they were not working by helping a customer that he was himself was firing him and to come back later and return the shirt. The guy turns around looks at the company head and say "Excuse me sir I don't know who you are , but I don't work here." Here it turned out that the guy had stopped into store to buy items for a cookout and happened to be wearing a shirt that looked like the Menards workshirt.
I don't walk to the beat of a different drummer, I have a whole band including bagpipes.
Undisputed King of the ACen Kaiju Fans. Eater of Spam.
General of the Men's Pocky Garrison
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'. " -Dave Barry-
Santa is watching you.
Con outlook for 2014: Karoshi-con 2014, C2E2, ACen 2014, Anime Midwest 2014 (staff), G-Fest XXI, and Con Alt Delete?(staff)
ACen Cosplay outlook 14: Gummy The Alligator (MLP), End of Days Santa,Professor Birch (Pokemon), Woodney ( Black Cat).

#135 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 51456

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

lol I have had something similar happen to me before :) I shop mostly at Petsmart for my kitty cat supplies, and they wear dark green shirts and tan pants for there uniforms. One day i was shopping for new toys for my little furbabies :) and this lady walks over and proceeds to ask me where she can find a certain brand of dog food for her puppy. I looked at her and smiled and said i dont work here but i believe the puppy food is in --- isle that way. She looked at me funny and then walked away in the direction i pointed. I dont know if she believed me or thought i just didnt want to really help her *shrugs* Its not my fault my favorite color is green and i do happen to have a few shirts that are similar to that stores uniform, hehe. ahh well :rolleyes:

#136 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

This talk of work uniforms reminds me of one time I got off work and was at Wal-mart afterwards. Now I'm a cook, so I have to wear a double breasted jacket, but I take it off after my shift.

For some reason still unbeknownst to me, two kids stopped me and asked "Do you work here?"

I was wearing my black jeans and white t-shirt. What do you think, kid?
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#137 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

It's fun going into a Target on Black Friday wearing a red polo and khaki pants. I should know. I've done it. It's bad when customers think you don't work there but the employees try to boss you around like you do work there.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#138 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

We get a lot of containers from overseas, mostly from India and China and sometimes a small creature stows away with the shipments. They usually get mashed flat by the boxes, and we have a nice pressed lizard or frog for the loading guys to gawk at while they work, at least until my boss gets grossed out by it and demands it be thrown away.

One of these stowaways just happened to be my worst fear--a spider. Not only a spider, but a big, honkin', LIVE spider. It was all I could do to get close enough to take a detailed photo--this spider could sit on a half-dollar coin and would probably have a leg or two dangling.

This was one bad mofo--when it arrived, the temperature was that week hovered around -2. Many a spider would die in such weather, but this one was alive and kicking. From what I was told, when the box near it was moved, it ran out of the container in the general direction of the guy who was unloading, causing him to scream like a woman in a horror movie and leap onto a stack of pallets. Guys being guys, a few of them wanted to catch it, so they coaxed it into a chair bag with a broom handle and displayed it for the whole warehouse to see. It wasn't too pleased about being a spectacle, either...

View PostKirbyFanOne, on Mar 21 2010, 07:13 PM, said:

This talk of work uniforms reminds me of one time I got off work and was at Wal-mart afterwards. Now I'm a cook, so I have to wear a double breasted jacket, but I take it off after my shift.

For some reason still unbeknownst to me, two kids stopped me and asked "Do you work here?"

I was wearing my black jeans and white t-shirt. What do you think, kid?

I know exactly how you feel. That happens to me when I go to JoAnn. I usually come in to shop there after work, and I go there probably three or four times a month for various reasons, so I know the store pretty well.

Anyhow, the people there have uniforms (a vest with the store name on it); my job does not for my position (since I don't deal with customers), but we do have to wear our ID badge on a lanyard. Since I broke my original company-given lanyard, I wear my ID badge on an "AnimeOnline.com" (in BIG letters) lanyard, and sometimes I even wear a t-shirt with my company name on it.

Despite this, for some reason--maybe it's the leisurely pace at which I wander through the store, or my habit of putting things back where I got them)--I always get asked questions that one would ask of someone who actually works at JoAnn.

For example:

Random Lady: Excuse me, but do you know where the shape templates are?
me: Er... ::thinks:: What sort of templates? Are you doing a sewing project, or painting, or drawing...?
Random Lady: Oh, the scrapbooking templates.
me: Oh, the scrapbooking supplies are over in that corner, but I don't really know much about scrapbooking, and I don't know exactly where that particular item is because I don't work here...
Random Lady: You don't? Oh, I saw the badge and thought...
me: Nope. No vest--see?

::shrugs:: I thought at first it was because of my badge, but I still get it even when I'm not wearing it, so maybe it's because I have that air of knowing what I'm doing that people tend to think I work there.

This post has been edited by this_chick25: 21 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#139 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on Mar 22 2010, 03:39 AM, said:

We get a lot of containers from overseas, mostly from India and China and sometimes a small creature stows away with the shipments. They usually get mashed flat by the boxes, and we have a nice pressed lizard or frog for the loading guys to gawk at while they work, at least until my boss gets grossed out by it and demands it be thrown away.

One of these stowaways just happened to be my worst fear--a spider. Not only a spider, but a big, honkin', LIVE spider. It was all I could do to get close enough to take a detailed photo--this spider could sit on a half-dollar coin and would probably have a leg or two dangling.

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Ben Da Mad Irishman
*screams like little girl, runs away*
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#140 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:16 AM

Hell, I'd keep the spider as a pet. Since it's not a small spider, I would like it. There's just something about tiny spider and tiny needles that freak the heck out of me. Surprisingly though, tonight seems pretty slow, no real stories to tell, however, later I might just write a filler story. I only have a quick one for tonight. I'll jot it down later.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#141 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:33 AM

I think someone did; he was the type who already had spiders and snakes and the like. He may have been one of the guys who helped catch it.
Acen Attendee since 2001

#142 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

Well, my story tonight is the following:

At about 1:20am, a guy came in looking for some girl. He started rattling off various physical features best not read by young eyes and mentioning that she was to be his future wife. I ask the classic, "Clothing?" in an attempt to find out what she is wearing so I can mention his visit to her should she visit. His response, "None." I would have facepalmed, but it would be too rude. My RL facepalm are a little more severe then the internet makes them seem. He asked for a pack of smokes which I gladly sold. Before he left, he stated,"You should come to my bar at *****. I just tested my new speaker system with some heavy metal and it sounded great. A bit too loud for my taste though."

"Meh."

"Name your favorite band. C'mon, right off the top of your head."

Being on a slight classic rock kick last night I replied, "Journey, Foreigner, the likes of those."

"Alright, when you come to my bar, I'll blast some for you. rock for the 60's-70s are my favorite too."

He left and I was left with a bit of a dumbfounded look on my face and mumbled, "What woodwork do these clown come out of....."

Since that was a bit short, I'll post an older story of mine.

This is when Obama was running his campaign office out of Chicago. Oddly enough it was literally JUST down the street from me. I could see him getting in and out of the limo-van-thing he was riding in once in a while. I've seen a few times he got into one of the SUVs that were leading/following the van. Well, a couple of SS agents came into my work, bought a few things and were waiting in front of my store. I decided at the time to step outside and have a cigarette and engage in a bit of small talk with them. It was a slow evening so there weren't too many people. As I was talking to them, I looked along the rooftops, like I always do. Not much goes on on the ground sometimes, so I look up to the sky, watch the clouds, looks at the stars. Whatever to keep my occupied for those few minutes. I just so happened to catch a gleam on the corner of one of the rooftops. I watch a bit more and seen another gleam. I looked a bit closer and I could see faint silhouettes.

I ask the SS agents, "One of yours?" I pointed the corner of the roof I seen the gleams. They replied, "Indeed. We have a few teams on the rooftops." Now, me being a bit of a gun nut, and considering their location, I asked, "M40A3s?" They chuckled slightly, "No, M82s." My jaw dropped slightly. Those who don't know designations, it's commonly referred to as the Barrett. They laughed as they left. I was left thinking, 'Why the f*** would you need that much d***ed firepower!?'

On the really cloudy nights I could see the silhouettes much better and if I'd think they were watching in my direction, which isn't too hard to believe since it was a one way street coming from my direction to them, I'd do a quick wave. From time to time I'd get one back. Still a bit unsettling that the way they were seeing me was through a scope of a Barrett. Still makes me shudder a bit to this day.

Hope you enjoyed the stories.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#143 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

::leans on elbow and rests chin in palm::

So seriously, why are you not in anyone's military?
Acen Attendee since 2001

#144 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3522

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:18 AM

View Postthis_chick25, on Mar 21 2010, 10:39 PM, said:

This was one bad mofo--when it arrived, the temperature was that week hovered around -2. Many a spider would die in such weather, but this one was alive and kicking. From what I was told, when the box near it was moved, it ran out of the container in the general direction of the guy who was unloading, causing him to scream like a woman in a horror movie and leap onto a stack of pallets. Guys being guys, a few of them wanted to catch it, so they coaxed it into a chair bag with a broom handle and displayed it for the whole warehouse to see. It wasn't too pleased about being a spectacle, either...

::dies after opening picture link::

Hates....spider....so..very much.
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#145 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

View PostCarnage_Black3, on Mar 22 2010, 08:55 AM, said:

Well, my story tonight is the following:
Since that was a bit short, I'll post an older story of mine.

This is when Obama was running his campaign office out of Chicago. Oddly enough it was literally JUST down the street from me. I could see him getting in and out of the limo-van-thing he was riding in once in a while. I've seen a few times he got into one of the SUVs that were leading/following the van. Well, a couple of SS agents came into my work, bought a few things and were waiting in front of my store. I decided at the time to step outside and have a cigarette and engage in a bit of small talk with them. It was a slow evening so there weren't too many people. As I was talking to them, I looked along the rooftops, like I always do. Not much goes on on the ground sometimes, so I look up to the sky, watch the clouds, looks at the stars. Whatever to keep my occupied for those few minutes. I just so happened to catch a gleam on the corner of one of the rooftops. I watch a bit more and seen another gleam. I looked a bit closer and I could see faint silhouettes.

I ask the SS agents, "One of yours?" I pointed the corner of the roof I seen the gleams. They replied, "Indeed. We have a few teams on the rooftops." Now, me being a bit of a gun nut, and considering their location, I asked, "M40A3s?" They chuckled slightly, "No, M82s." My jaw dropped slightly. Those who don't know designations, it's commonly referred to as the Barrett. They laughed as they left. I was left thinking, 'Why the f*** would you need that much d***ed firepower!?'

On the really cloudy nights I could see the silhouettes much better and if I'd think they were watching in my direction, which isn't too hard to believe since it was a one way street coming from my direction to them, I'd do a quick wave. From time to time I'd get one back. Still a bit unsettling that the way they were seeing me was through a scope of a Barrett. Still makes me shudder a bit to this day.

They have those so they can kill spiders such as the one linked up there. Everyone knows those little devils can plot ambushes on politicians and be absolute ninjas about executing them...except when they're spotted by the Barrett! Oh, and because what better way to prove how awesome you are at shooting big guns than with a Barrett? :3 (Plus, it's the SS. They have jewels of reinforced brass and steel, so while I bet they were yanking your chain, I wouldn't put it past them to use Barretts.)

Whenever I hear mention of those, one particular movie scene plays through my head. And that scene is from Tremors 2, when Bert shows how powerful one shot from that monster is...blows through the monster's head...then a cinder block wall...then the engine block of their truck. Might've missed an obstacle or two in there. XD
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#146 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

View Postthis_chick25, on Mar 22 2010, 09:09 AM, said:

::leans on elbow and rests chin in palm::

So seriously, why are you not in anyone's military?

I can't pass the psyche exam.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#147 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

Touch. :lol:
Acen Attendee since 2001

#148 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

View PostCarnage_Black3, on Mar 22 2010, 08:55 AM, said:

stuff here

You are one of the most least likely people I've met in my acen time that i would expect to be a gun nut.

I might like you more now as a result.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#149 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

You really should write a book Carnage, might be the new Clerks or something. All we get are the fun drunks who just yell at you and leave, but one that happened a couple of days ago, a guy comes in and he is very much drunk tries to by a 40oz and i refuse to sell it to him and i know he is about to throw a temper tantrum witch he does. So he puts and goes outside and decides to lay down on a very busy street. So their are trucks and what not blaring their horns and he does nothing it just so happens that there are alot of police around since Obama is coming from Midway and they stop and pick him up kicking and screaming and pointing at me, so i tell the cops the story and they laugh and arrest him
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#150 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Mar 22 2010, 01:48 PM, said:

You are one of the most least likely people I've met in my acen time that i would expect to be a gun nut.

I might like you more now as a result.

Is it really that surprising? I have people that look at me and expectmeto have a shotgun under the counter at work.

View PostSupremeKai, on Mar 22 2010, 06:00 PM, said:

You really should write a book Carnage, might be the new

I'm thinking of pitching a show called,"Tales from the night shift". Remember, you heard it here first.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic