Anime Central Forums: Repo! The Genetic Opera Vs Repo Men - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Repo! The Genetic Opera Vs Repo Men too similar to be coincidence?

#1 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19831

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else has started this topic yet but i happened to stumble upon the information of Repo Men a few nights ago. To be honest, i'm pretty disgusted at the numerous similarities found through out the plot, even the lines taken from the book, or the ads found on the internet. So i want to hear from other Repo! fans and hear your opinions! What do you think of this Repo! vs Repo Men scenario?

Terrance Zdunich's comments:

http://www.terrancez...g/?page_id=3095

Darren Bousman's comments (and brief history of Repo!):

http://www.darrenlynnbousman.com/a-brief-l...y-repo-vs-repo/

Some Comparisons between the two movies:

http://spookydan.com/web/2010/02/proof-tha...e-for-yourself/
Cosplay.com!!![Fullmetal_C]
Deviant Art!!![ShojO-ShortY][/center]

#2 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

-cracks fingers- I've been waiting for this to be posted. lol And what I say, I am not bashing or trying to offend anyone. I am a Repo fan myself so my opinions shouldn't be biased.

Repo Men is similar, but not the exact same thing. Repo the Genetic Opera focuses on everything BUT repossessing organs while Repo Men does. Here's the synopsis of Repo Men that it's the movie facts at my work:

"After receiving a heart transplant, a repo man made up of artificial organs struggles to make payments and must go on the run from his former partner."

That doesn't sound much like Repo the Genetic Opera now does it. I personally don't think so. This is a copypasta of my rant on the Youma forums.

I've been waiting for this movie for so long. <3

It's based off the book, The Repossession Mambo by Eric Garcia and is not a sequel. This is nowhere close to being as dark and gothic as Repo!. It is very "light".

Since there isn't much information on Repo Men, I'm going off of what I see in the red band trailer.

Repo Men focuses mostly on Remy and Jake, the main characters, repossessing organs while Repo! the Genetic Opera focuses on basically everything, but repossessing organs with everyone breaking into song (I don't want to hear "Seventeen" ever again. It felt like my ears were bleeding). Repo Men looks like it has more action, more focus on the actual repossessing (I hope!) and it for sure doesn't have Shilo singing Seventeen. Yay!

Yes, the stories are basically the same, but Repo Men isn't an exact rip off. Sure, the general idea is the same, but unless they use the exact same "dialogue" (I put it in quotes since Repo! was, I believe, just singing and had no actual dialogue), characters, etc. then it's not a complete rip off. Like I said before, they don't focus on the same thing. Yes, it's not original, but what is now a days?

All ideas come from something. Take a look at Avatar. The number one movie in the world has similarities to (or basically the same thing as) Fern Gully, Dances with the Wolves, Pocahontas and plenty of other movies.

I feel this will be a step above Repo! and it looks a lot better. I do like Repo!. I'm not obsessed, but I like it and will occasionally watch it (if I feel like it and if I can find someone who has it). Putting aside my liking for Jude Law and my liking for Repo, I feel this will be better. I suggest going into this movie with an open mind and not think of it as a "Repo! Rip Off". That's what I'm trying to do with Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland since the story is a mixture of The Looking Glass Wars and American McGee's Alice. I'm an Alice in Wonderland nut so I'm also trying to not be nit-picky and compare it to the original book.

I haven't seen Repo! in months and I'm going off of my memory so if what I say about Repo! isn't exactly accurate, feel free to correct me. And if I'm wrong on other things, correct me too. I'm looking at you Matt. lol

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#3 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:55 AM

Alright then,

First and foremost, Repo! the Genetic Opera is COMPLETELY focused on repossessing organs. I'm not really sure where you got the notion that it does not focus on that seeing as all through out the movie Nathan Wallace or Geneco are either repossessing organs, recieving them, delivering them, scanning them, weighing them, and of course singing about them.

"After receiving a heart transplant, a repo man made up of artificial organs struggles to make payments and must go on the run from his former partner."

That doesn't sound much like Repo the Genetic Opera now does it.

Actually it does. In Repo, Nathan Wallace turns down the job of repossessing Blind Mag's eyes which causes the Repo man to be on the run from his "former partner" Rotti. Though the circumstances are a bit different it is the same idea of "Repo on the run from the evil corporation."

It's based off the book, The Repossession Mambo by Eric Garcia and is not a sequel.

I would like to point out that this book wasn't released until 2009. A direct quote from the creator of Repo, Terrance Zdunich states:
"While the release of the Repo Men trailer has alerted many of you to the existence of this similarly-premised project, REPO!’s creators and producers have been aware of Repo Men for some time: shortly after the film version of REPO! was greenlit, we were informed that Universal was working on a suspiciously similar film. At the time, the project was titled Repossession Mambo.

Startled by this news and fearing a potential lawsuit, REPO!’s producers and legal team—small players compared to the industry behemoth that is Universal Pictures—asked Darren Smith and I to come forward with all of our copyright paperwork for REPO!. We did.
On the flipside, we were told that Universal’s ostensibly cloned concept was based on a book. At the time, we could find no record of the novel, which was later published in 2009 as The Repossession Mambo—one full year after REPO! the film was released."

Repo Men focuses mostly on Remy and Jake, the main characters, repossessing organs while Repo! the Genetic Opera focuses on basically everything, but repossessing organs with everyone breaking into song

Again, Repo IS focused on repossessing organs, there is obviously more depth to the story than JUST repossessing organs as well. And yes they sing, its a musical.

Yes, the stories are basically the same

Enough said, plagiarism doesn't mean to have something word for word, and what about ideas? I'm not saying that Repo Men is plagiarized so much as the ideas are far to similar to go unnoticed. Looking at the fact that you have a corporation that repossess organs, your main character being a repo man, the drug "Q" is similar to the drug "Z" or "zydrate," both repo's killed their wives leaving both with an estranged child, and both end up fleeing from their corporation ect ect. These are just a few of the more obvious ones.

Yes, it's not original, but what is now a days?

Now thats not the attitude to have! There are plenty of unique and original movies out there that arn't blown-up hollywood fluffed films and Repo is one of them! A movie that wasn't in theatres everywhere, was not widely known at all and on the first day of their screenplay being open only pulled in about $3,250. But this movie is unique and original and has built up to have a cult following! There are plenty of movies out there, you just have to look beyond the surface.

All ideas come from something. Take a look at Avatar. The number one movie in the world has similarities to (or basically the same thing as) Fern Gully, Dances with the Wolves, Pocahontas and plenty of other movies.

Ideas do come from something, the movies you have listed are all potraying the same IDEA of saving the earth ect. Repo! the Genetic Opera and Repo Men are both based around repo men who posses organs after people defaulting on their payments. Yes the idea is the same but so is the general plot (as i said earlier) Evil corporation turning against the Repo Man. Portraying an idea and using the same idea are two different things.

I feel this will be a step above Repo! and it looks a lot better.

Again, this depends on what you define as better. People love Repo! the Genetic Opera for more than just its repossession, or the action; Its what has brought it to be a cult classic!
Repo in my opinion is a fantastic movie and i think that many people in the Repo Army are upset to see an overglorified, stuffed-and-fluffed, hollywood film be taking the credit for another movie with the same premise (and many other similarities as well.)

^_^

#4 User is offline   Matt PNiewski 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 28392

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:48 AM

From what I read, both movies were in development around the same time.

It's like saying "Critters" is a ripoff of "Gremlins". The only reason you say that is because Gremlins came out first.

Also, Repo sucked. It treated it's audience like a bunch of morons, which is COMPLETELY unforgivable.
Jimmy Olsen to the Real Life Superheroes.

#5 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:01 AM

Lets keep it civil in here. I dont want to pass out any warnings or close down the thread. We can agree to disagree but respect each other as well. Just letting it be known. Ok carry on.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#6 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:15 AM

You know, it was quite disheartening to see people completely flip out, saying that it was a rip off of Repo! The Genetic Opera, when they saw that deviantART.com was promoting an official contest with Repomen.
=/
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#7 User is offline   Matt PNiewski 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Mar 3 2010, 09:15 AM, said:

You know, it was quite disheartening to see people completely flip out, saying that it was a rip off of Repo! The Genetic Opera, when they saw that deviantART.com was promoting an official contest with Repomen.
=/

Yeah... People need to chill out? But Repo! is the new "Rocky Horror" which means fans range from sensible to just plain idiotic.

Repo! the Genetic Opera was made in 2008, with the original version dating back to 2006. Repomen was in development since 2003. Maybe the writers of Repomen should sue the people behind Repo for stealing THEIR idea.......

Granted, Repo! has it's origins in 1996. However, it lived in relative obscurity, to the point where it's unlikely many people knew about the project. Might as well say Alan Moore stole Larry Cohen's idea when he wrote "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". Cohen had been developing a script with a similar concept called "Cast of Characters". Like with Reop and Repomen, there is a chance Moore knew about the previous when he started developing his story. But it's not bloody likely.

Hell, Godzilla Fan fic from 1993 has him fighting a monster called "Destroyer" formed from the original Oxygen Destroyer, used for the feature film "Godzilla vs. The Destroyah" two years later.

The information is on IMDB. Takes a quick search. But fanboys and fangirls are foolish reactionaries who just want to defend the stuff they love, and really have no sense about it. As I mentioned, it's "Gremlins and Critters" all over again. For those who don't recall, Gremlins was a huge hit. A couple years later, a film called Critters came out. This film featured, like many gremlins knockoffs, pint sized monsters wreaking havoc on a community. The Script for Critters, however, was written at least a year before Gremlins. Both the writers of Gremlins and Critters, in fact, changed their scripts when they realized certain similarities between the two projects. Gremlins was released first, became a cult classic, and Critters is still remembered as an inferior knock off.

Inferior, yes, because Gremlins is a classic, while Critters is merely an entertaining flick. Knock off? No.

Point is, the case is closed. Both films were in development for a hell of a long time, came about simotaneously. But that's not enough to satisfy fans, who are just generally out for blood the moment any threat to what the love comes into play. Call off the attack dogs, people. Really. It's unnecessary. Just... Stop being stupid.....

#8 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

Yeah... People need to chill out? But Repo! is the new "Rocky Horror" which means fans range from sensible to just plain idiotic.

Isn't that a bit harsh? You can say that about any movie fanbase.

Repo! the Genetic Opera was made in 2008, with the original version dating back to 2006. Repomen was in development since 2003. Maybe the writers of Repomen should sue the people behind Repo for stealing THEIR idea.......

No again. People who are making arguements about this seem to not be doing their research. Repo! the Genetic opera started out as a 10 minute stage play by Terrance Zdunich had created and has over a history of documented proof of its existance from the late 90's. Repossession Mambo was NOT around in 2003. This article "http://blogs.amctv.com/horror-hacker/2010/02/repo-men-and-repo-the-genetic-opera.php" which states that was created back in 2003 (and also many other fallacies) was written by a woman who did close to no research. Read the comments bellow and you'll see that she admitted to having made mistakes as well. There is no documentation of Repossession Mambo previous to 2009.

The information is on IMDB. Takes a quick search. But fanboys and fangirls are foolish reactionaries who just want to defend the stuff they love, and really have no sense about it.

Wow, thats nice. Before you go casting judgement maybe you should have also researched your own information as well as for mine is drawing off of multiple sources, and has been heavily researched.

It's unnecessary. Just... Stop being stupid.....

Finally back off. REALLY? do we need to stoop to a level of name calling? If it wasn't for having to correct the errors in your statements its clear that arguing with you is completely not worth my time.

#9 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

Either way people will either love, hate, or be indifferent for both films. Personally there was elements of The Genetic Opera that I liked but it wasnt that great. Each film is different even if it has similar stories. It cant be a rip off because they would have their pants sued off. I'll just wait for the movie to come out before I start bashing it thank ya.

Everyone just needs ta chill. If you have sources post links! =3 Back up your statements!

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#10 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on Mar 3 2010, 10:22 AM, said:

Either way people will either love, hate, or be indifferent for both films. Personally there was elements of The Genetic Opera that I liked but it wasnt that great. Each film is different even if it has similar stories. It cant be a rip off because they would have their pants sued off. I'll just wait for the movie to come out before I start bashing it thank ya.

Everyone just needs ta chill. If you have sources post links! =3 Back up your statements!

Actually they can't sue them because it would be financial suicide lol! Universal Studios is GIGANTIC compared to little Lions Gate and Twisted Pictures.

and again from my first initial post, here are the links. Anyone with a constructive thought or argument, (not go around calling people stupid) please comment! i would love to hear your thoughts. But please do your research first before making any official "fact" comments.

Terrance Zdunich's comments:

http://www.terrancez...g/?page_id=3095

Darren Bousman's comments (and brief history of Repo!):

http://www.darrenlyn...y-repo-vs-repo/

Some Comparisons between the two movies:

http://spookydan.com...e-for-yourself/

#11 User is offline   Matt PNiewski 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:11 AM

No again. People who are making arguements about this seem to not be doing their research. Repo! the Genetic opera started out as a 10 minute stage play by Terrance Zdunich had created and has over a history of documented proof of its existance from the late 90's. Repossession Mambo was NOT around in 2003. This article "http://blogs.amctv.com/horror-hacker/2010/02/repo-men-and-repo-the-genetic-opera.php" which states that was created back in 2003 (and also many other fallacies) was written by a woman who did close to no research. Read the comments bellow and you'll see that she admitted to having made mistakes as well. There is no documentation of Repossession Mambo previous to 2009.

So, in other words, your article written by a fan is more credible than another person's article written by a fan?

EDIT: Also, look at the casting notes. Cast in 2007, a good while before Repo! Became a phenemona and was still relatively obscure. This is before Repo was even filmed.

I'll take THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER and VARIETY over spookydan any day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repo_Men Not using wiki as the source, just the footnotes on it.

So, we know Repo Men was in production while Repo was being filmed. We have people claiming to have written Repo Men about a decade ago. Don't you think that, well, maybe if they were casting RepoMen in 2007, the script was completed around the same time as Repos?

Moreover, in this article from 2001, Eric Garcia mentions "Reposession Mambo" but states clearly that it has yet to be published. This confirms Repo Men's origins opposite Repo's.

Also, there's a book that I wrote a while ago called The Repossession Mambo, which is more along the lines of Rex, in that it's a Sci-Fi/Comedy, but a shade or two darker than the Rex series. I'm still working on getting the structure down right; due to the way the book is set up, it's currently a tad more confusing for the reader than I want it to be. This may become my fifth published book; it may not. It all depends on how much work I get done between now and my next publishing deadline.

http://www.sfsite.com/06a/eg105.htm

I think if you look at the dates logically, they add up. The only reason you get offended by what I say is because you are too defensive about this, and don't like being wrong. Sorry, it happens.

This post has been edited by Matt PNiewski: 03 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

#12 User is offline   Matt PNiewski 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

Double post, sorry, but I was reading the sources you posted, and noticed that they went on in detail about how similar the marketing campaigns are. I would like to point out that that has NOTHING to do with the content of the movies. The marketing team is definitely ripping off "Repo!". But that's the Marketing team, not the writers or directors. Putting that in the argument is simply confusing the issue. I say if we debate furthur, we have to throw that evidence out completely.

#13 User is offline   Fullmetal_C 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

View PostMatt PNiewski, on Mar 3 2010, 11:11 AM, said:

So, in other words, your article written by a fan is more credible than another person's article written by a fan?

EDIT: Also, look at the casting notes. Cast in 2007, a good while before Repo! Became a phenemona and was still relatively obscure. This is before Repo was even filmed.

I'll take THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER and VARIETY over spookydan any day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repo_Men Not using wiki as the source, just the footnotes on it.

So, we know Repo Men was in production while Repo was being filmed. We have people claiming to have written Repo Men about a decade ago. Don't you think that, well, maybe if they were casting RepoMen in 2007, the script was completed around the same time as Repos?

Moreover, in this article from 2001, Eric Garcia mentions "Reposession Mambo" but states clearly that it has yet to be published. This confirms Repo Men's origins opposite Repo's.

http://www.sfsite.com/06a/eg105.htm

I think if you look at the dates logically, they add up. The only reason you get offended by what I say is because you are too defensive about this, and don't like being wrong. Sorry, it happens.

First of all, i'm not looking to be right, i'm looking for opinions of other people on the two with the confidence that any claims they are making have been researched. However, you have been putting words in my mouth and calling fans "stupid," which is uncalled for. So forgive me if i'm a bit defensive.

Now, i listed the spooky dan site only for comparisons that he lists (as stated in my post,) some of them are a bit stretched as it is coming from a fan but that is also why i listed Terrance and Darren's sites as well (for people who are making claims that Repo! ripped on Repossession Mambo.)

Its interesting to see that he supposedly had started the novel back in 2001 and i'm glad that you have finally brought in some links to your claims ^_^ but i am curious to why he didn't release this book until last year. i tried looking this information up myself (other than the wiki links you attached) and i haven't been able to find when the book was adapted into the movie, or anything about the movie casting calls. Maybe i'm not looking close enough, but as far as i have seen only that one site has him mentioning the book.

And again, back off with your assumptions, you don't me so don't presume things about me. Maybe when you start to comment like an adult without putting people down i will be less defensive.

#14 User is offline   Matt PNiewski 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

View PostFullmetal_C, on Mar 3 2010, 05:22 PM, said:

First of all, i'm not looking to be right, i'm looking for opinions of other people on the two with the confidence that any claims they are making have been researched. However, you have been putting words in my mouth and calling fans "stupid," which is uncalled for. So forgive me if i'm a bit defensive.

I claim that some fans can be stupid. Some won't listen to reason, and will ignore the brick wall of proof.... They rather keep the argument alive, to make it look as if Repo! is getting an unfair treatment. That sounds pretty stupid to me. And Yes, I'm like that with any fan group. I called somebody a Moron for saying he'd watch anything anime.

Now, i listed the spooky dan site only for comparisons that he lists (as stated in my post,) some of them are a bit stretched as it is coming from a fan but that is also why i listed Terrance and Darren's sites as well (for people who are making claims that Repo! ripped on Repossession Mambo.)

These people love the press. They are eating it up. But see, Bousman has worked in the industry for years. He knows how it works. So why would he display arguments like "The Posters are similar" when he knows how the Marketing side of things works? He wants to get fans riled up to promote his movie. And they are falling for it.

Its interesting to see that he supposedly had started the novel back in 2001 and i'm glad that you have finally brought in some links to your claims ^_^ but i am curious to why he didn't release this book until last year. i tried looking this information up myself (other than the wiki links you attached) and i haven't been able to find when the book was adapted into the movie, or anything about the movie casting calls. Maybe i'm not looking close enough, but as far as i have seen only that one site has him mentioning the book.

One site, with an article dated 2001, referring to the book as been completed. Many books are withheld from release. Even if it is sent to publishers, it can be rejected, turned away, put on hold, ect. You don't just crap out a book and have it on shelves. Truth is, the book PROBABLY just sucked.

I said immediately that anyone can do a quick search. Fact that you are buying into the fan hype so much is very disheartening. The evidence is stacked against your claims.

And again, back off with your assumptions, you don't me so don't presume things about me. Maybe when you start to comment like an adult without putting people down i will be less defensive.

What I do know about you is that you believed Spooky Dan's claims of Plagarism, despite the fact that many of them are QUITE absurd, which leads me to believe you are the type to easily jump the gun, and that you won't accept any word other than what you already believe. I think I made a valid assumption.

I never claimed Repo Men ripped off Repo!, rather I mused that the same argument can be made.

http://www.ew.com/ew...0162910,00.html Gives a 2007 date for the Article, reprinted from Variety.

Since you need more links to support the claim that the book was written years ago, here is him reporting it to Ain't it Cool News.

http://www.aintitcoo...m/?q=node/43628

Garcia: Actually, my writing partner Garrett [Lerner] and I - and I should point out that Garrett has another writing partner and is an executive producer on HOUSE; I'm kind of the affair that he had. Garrett is one of my best friends, so I showed him the book, and he said, "We should do the script." That was in 2002. And when we first went out with the script, the silence was deafening. You've got a script where your protagonist is taking organs out of people, and he's the good guy; that's sort of odd. But there was one producer, Valerie Dean, who found it and championed it, and we did rewrites with her. She got it to Miguel, and showed us this short he had done called "The Dreamer", which I think you can probably find online. [Beaks note: I couldn't.] It blew us away. And we said, "Okay, this is the guy who, visually at least, we like." So we met him, and... Miguel had a very similar and odd viewpoint - which is a good thing. As you were saying, you don't often find directors who have the same way of looking at things. It was nice that we all just kind of agreed on things, so, from that point on, there was some push and pull, but it was good to know that he was going to bring new things to it in ways that we couldn't have anticipated. And make it better.

we could always get people interested, but we could never get them to the point where they would just throw down the money. We always thought we'd do the film independently because, as you said, it's absurdist dark comedy, but also sort of an action thing. Then, in March 2006, Jude was on a plane with his agent, who had been trying to get him to read [REPO MEN] for a while. So he said, "Look, we are on this plane for the next eight hours. Read the script." So he read the script, and said, "Okay, I'm in." Once he attached himself to act, he also came on board to help shape his character - because when you've done this for as long as he has, you start to get a sense of what works and what doesn't. And when you get a movie star attached, that speeds things up. Then when Universal got involved, we started looking for someone to match with Jude, and Forest Whitaker was at the top of everybody's list. He was just coming off THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND, and everyone was [chasing him]. I'd loved Forest forever, since THE CRYING GAME. I mean, you can go way, way back to when I was a kid, but I think THE CRYING GAME was the first time where I was like, "Who is this guy?" And GHOST DOG; I screwing love GHOST DOG. So as soon as Forest came up, we were like, "If we can get him, let's get him." And we did. And then we got Liev Schreiber, who I also love.

This might be a newer source, but the date is backed up by the other claims.

Also, you brought up this article, and said two things: The writer admitted she made some mistakes, and also that you couldn't find one source besides the article I posted to prove the book was written. You ignored the fact that A. This is the REVISED article and B. I pulled two seperate links out of this article.

The fact that Repo! Fans have all jumped this bandwagon while simotaneously ignoring that little thing I like to call REALITY is just stupid. There is no doubt this came about independently of of Repo! The Genetic Opera. We have articles, press releases, ect, some dating back to before the premiere of the Stage play that inspired the movie. Meanwhile, people are grasping for straws for arguments. Arguments like "Repo! is a Musical, Repo Men has lots of references to music. Or perhaps "Both Repo Men use scalpels, and talk about efficiency." Well no crap. They are cutting into humans to remove organs. What did you think they would use? A steak knife?

I don't think you are stupid. The idiots are the people spreading this nonsense, from Spooky Dan all the way to Bousman himself. I think you are foolish, which is different. Everyone is foolish. It's part of the human condition. However, you are wrong, and only helping spread this idiocy. Something that I've been hearing for a couple of days, and have gotten sick of. Case closed. There is not enough evidence to support these claims.

#15 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

Im closing this thread. Sorry. Its getting too heated and there is no need for name calling.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users