Anime Central Forums: A Prints Question For My Fellow Artists! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

A Prints Question For My Fellow Artists!

#1 User is offline   stuffedpandastudios 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 18942

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:23 PM

Hey guys! This will be my first time selling at a convention that has more than 5,000 people, so I am confused on how many prints to bring. Does anyone whose sold at a large con before have any suggestions as to how many prints of each image I should bring? Thanks! :3

#2 User is offline   Kefka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 45051

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:41 AM

View Poststuffedpandastudios, on Feb 25 2010, 11:23 PM, said:

Hey guys! This will be my first time selling at a convention that has more than 5,000 people, so I am confused on how many prints to bring. Does anyone whose sold at a large con before have any suggestions as to how many prints of each image I should bring? Thanks! :3

This is my first year too, so I'm also kinda wondering.

#3 User is offline   stuffedpandastudios 

• Pip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:03 PM

View PostKefka, on Feb 26 2010, 08:41 AM, said:

This is my first year too, so I'm also kinda wondering.

*nods* I don't even know where to begin - I could make 50 prints or hundreds. @_@ Normally I just do traditional artwork, but I've had a lot of requests for prints of my paintings and I figured I'd give it a go.

#4 User is offline   Kefka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 45051

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:45 PM

View Poststuffedpandastudios, on Feb 26 2010, 12:03 PM, said:

*nods* I don't even know where to begin - I could make 50 prints or hundreds. @_@ Normally I just do traditional artwork, but I've had a lot of requests for prints of my paintings and I figured I'd give it a go.

I guess you're more in touch than I am, I was going to do like 10 of each print. I fail.

#5 User is offline   Ladre 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 34032

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:49 AM

View PostKefka, on Feb 26 2010, 08:45 PM, said:

I guess you're more in touch than I am, I was going to do like 10 of each print. I fail.

Most people I know make around 10 of each of their prints. I make no more than 15 of any print. But there are some people who sell some seriously amazing, epic prints. I think you have to have some really really nice artwork and high quality prints to sell 50 or so. (Having a ridiculously popular subject helps too).

#6 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

It might depend on what the prints are of too. If you do your own sketches of popular charaters, you could sell out (like of Bleach, Naruto & Ouran) or if they are original characters, maybe not so well. Now if it is of older characters (the Slayers, Cowboy Bebop & such) Some people may not want to spend on them, they may want some thing popular & currently on thier minds. Usually only the die hards may buy. I think I would try making a poll of a list of what you have, then ask people to vote on what they may buy to give you an idea.
Currently writing a book.

#7 User is offline   stuffedpandastudios 

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:00 PM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on Feb 27 2010, 12:09 PM, said:

It might depend on what the prints are of too. If you do your own sketches of popular charaters, you could sell out (like of Bleach, Naruto & Ouran) or if they are original characters, maybe not so well. Now if it is of older characters (the Slayers, Cowboy Bebop & such) Some people may not want to spend on them, they may want some thing popular & currently on thier minds. Usually only the die hards may buy. I think I would try making a poll of a list of what you have, then ask people to vote on what they may buy to give you an idea.

Thanks for the info guys! I'm planning on selling prints of the chinese zodiac, Hetalia characters, and a few Pokemon (Mew, Pikachu Eevee). 10 for each one sounds like a good amount to me. :)

#8 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:06 PM

SEE! I will buy possible Hetalia! Very Much looking forward to it! Will you posiblly be selling online as well?
Currently writing a book.

#9 User is offline   stuffedpandastudios 

• Pip

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:48 PM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on Feb 27 2010, 01:06 PM, said:

SEE! I will buy possible Hetalia! Very Much looking forward to it! Will you posiblly be selling online as well?

Yay!! I have become a huge Hetalia fan recently, and will be cosplaying as Northern Italy at the con. 8D I probably will be selling online as well once I get prints ordered. :) I'm also considering making a Hetalia folding screen...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users