• This topic is locked

Ps3 Hdd Question

#1 User is offline   Malkozaine 

• Exhibit Space Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 18764

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

I am looking at upgeadeing my PS3's HDD and need help choseing the size. I am looking at a 500gb 7200rpm with 16megs of cashe or a 640gb 5200rpm with 8megs of cashe. The price is that big of an issue but I don't know about the speed loss. Thanks for the help.
"I grant you the rights accorded to an enemy of the gods. You will live from
now, and for ever, in an endless cycle of rebirth; condemned in each life to be hated, feared, scorned, punished, and obliterated!"
-Lezard Valeth, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

#2 User is offline   mendokuse 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3415

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:30 AM

Here is an article that may answer your question.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/13...e-speed-matter/

Based on our tests, the 7200rpm hard drive was ever-so-slightly faster, though only the savviest of PS3 owners will notice the difference...and even then, it's mostly psychological.

Where you'll really appreciate a faster hard drive is transferring or downloading full games and other media onto the hard drive. For the faster speed 7200rpm drive, you'll pay around $20 extra across the board. So if you're in the market for a PS3 HDD upgrade, it's worth considering 7200rpm if you plan to frequently transfer gigs upon gigs MP3s and videos. Otherwise, you're better of sticking to a huge-capacity, but slightly slower, 5400rpm drive to save a couple of bucks.

Take from it what you will and invest wisely. ^_^

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users