• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Small Rules Question A bit confused on the definition of Art

#1 User is offline   Kasaron 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 38175

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

Hi there, I was considering getting a table for the Artists Alley, but was confused as to whether my works would fall under the definition of "Art."

I'm a traditional blacksmith, armorsmith, and bladesmith, you see, so I would be selling hand-worked pieces of metal; including possibly knives and other edged cutlery.

I'm not too sure as to the regulations in the area, or the rules regarding that for ACEN, so I figured it would be best to ask here before I start building up stock.

With regards,
Kasaron

#2 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 4073

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

First, the artist alley is full for this year. Second, your items may be better suited for the dealers room than the artist alley.
I am made of awesome: pure, unfiltered awesome.

#3 User is offline   Kasaron 

• Pip

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

That's my thing, is it falls into a grey area, because all my works are hand-made, by myself, my striker, and a woodworking fellow.

I know it's full this year, but I'm already planning for next. Take s a while to make a good knife, and might as well get a head start.

#4 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:57 AM

I've pointed your question to our DH. While yes, your items do fall under the "self made" nature of the Alley, we'll want to go over the ramifications of having edged weapons in the AA ( I know there are strict regulations in Illinois that blade dealers have to adhere to, so we'd just want all our legalities in check before giving you an answer ).
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#5 User is offline   Kasaron 

• Pip

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

I appreciate the consideration; this is one of the reasons I am planning for next year and not this year is to get the issue of legality out of the way before hand.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users