• This topic is locked

The Legend Of Zelda 2010

#1 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Post icon  Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

Hey, everyone. I didn't see a Zelda 2010 thread in the gatherings section here (or on cosplay.com), so I've made this one for discussion and deciding meeting times, place, etc. Are you a returning cosplayer of this series? Share your ideas! Are you a newcomer? Let us know how we can help you out. Looking forward to seeing what your plans are for ACen 2010.
=)

Gathering info:
Friday: 1:30 - 2:30 at the tree patch
Saturday: 5:00 - 5:30 at the tree patch

Confirmed cosplayers:
akuriko - TP Zelda & ST Zelda*
The-Real-Link - Link*
Forcebewitya - TP/OoT Link*
Forcebewitya's gf - Sheik*
Jackofalltrades - TP Link*
bloodypirate - TP Link & Ordon Link
Mystic~ - FS Zelda*
chainedbyroses - OoT Link
KusanagiRobin - PH Link
Chibi-Soujiro - Toon Link*
Hiyoko-chan - LoZ II Dark Zelda*
Beserkiera - True form Midna
Reuss64 - Guru-guru (OoT/MM windmill guy)

Undecided cosplayers:
Blue Eyed Matador - Midna & Zelda*
lunaladyoflight - OaS/A Farore*
0bscurity - Malon*
Elendriel - Sheik*
Korinchan - Saria*
ollyodd - Agitha*

Secret cosplayers:
DarkOne - something from TP
TamaWolf - something from TP

* = Cosplay.com forums

This post has been edited by simonsaz3: 04 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#2 User is offline   bloodypirate 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 21253

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:54 PM

Sweet, I was hoping someone would start up a Zelda thread. I'll be Link again, only this time in his Ordon Village clothes at the beginning of Twilight Princess. I'll probably have the tunic and chainmail version for part of the con as well.
Possible costumes for 2013: Saber (Fate/Stay Night), Azula (Beach Party outfit)(Avatar: The Last Airbender), Lily, Secret Tunnel nomad (Avatar: The Last Airbender), Howl Pendragon (Howl's Moving Castle)

deviantART page | cosplay.com page | tumblr | facebook

#3 User is offline   Lady_Aeris 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 49299

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:55 PM

my friends and i are planning a group for 2011. but this year we are going to be doing final fantasy and fire emblem! cant wait to see the pics from ur guys cosplays though!
My Cosplay Page
My dA
ACen 2011 Schedule (subject to change)
Fri-Brier Rose---Disney's Sleeping Beauty---After 5pm Suicune--pokemon hoodie group
Sat-Princess Earth---Sailor Moon
Sun-Tonks ----harry potter
Sorry Guys LULU got bumped to next year my best friend cant be my Yuna and it wouldnt feel right doing lulu without her as my Yuna

#4 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:51 PM

I'm surprised we didn't get this done earlier. The deadline to reserve a spot for our photoshoot is Feb. 28. If we're cool with the tree patch again this year, then the available time slot for us is Friday afternoon from 12pm till 2pm according to this tentative schedule. How about it?
=?
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#5 User is offline   bloodypirate 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:57 AM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Feb 18 2010, 04:51 PM, said:

I'm surprised we didn't get this done earlier. The deadline to reserve a spot for our photoshoot is Feb. 28. If we're cool with the tree patch again this year, then the available time slot for us is Friday afternoon from 12pm till 2pm according to this tentative schedule. How about it?
=?

Sure, that sounds good to me.
Possible costumes for 2013: Saber (Fate/Stay Night), Azula (Beach Party outfit)(Avatar: The Last Airbender), Lily, Secret Tunnel nomad (Avatar: The Last Airbender), Howl Pendragon (Howl's Moving Castle)

#6 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:39 PM

Hello! Ocarina of Time Link here. This sounds like it'd be fun. :)

Is this just for canon Zelda cosplay, or is modified wear okay too? Just asking since even if I bind down as far as I can, I'll still wind up a Busty Link & my tunic will make that fact apparent ^^;;;; My boots aren't 100% zelda-y, but other than that bit though I am sticking to canon OoT & even working on figuring out making a fun little Navi. This would be fine right? I've never done a meetup/shoot before so I have no idea what's okay & not, & I've heard of some that have had rules in the past elsewhere, so I thought I should just ask ^^;;

WOW I rambled, sorry about that XD; This does sound fun though, and those hours for garden/tree patch should be fine, I'd think :)
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#7 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:02 PM

Glad I didn't scare you guys off with the PMs! ^_^ Thank you for responding; flexibility with the time and location is definitely appreciated. I'm not sure if we're late in organizing this or if the deadline is too early. Regardless, I sent a PM to cactusmomma about the time and place we're aiming for (Friday, 12pm to 2pm, at the tree patch), but I didn't submit a request via the new gatherings form yet. I wanted to check up on everyone who replied here.

View PostLady_Aeris, on Feb 17 2010, 12:55 PM, said:

my friends and i are planning a group for 2011. but this year we are going to be doing final fantasy and fire emblem! cant wait to see the pics from ur guys cosplays though!

Oh cool! Good luck with everything. Will you be at the photoshoot for taking pictures then?

View Postbloodypirate, on Feb 22 2010, 12:57 AM, said:

Sure, that sounds good to me.

Sweet! I'll send the gatherings submission form by tomorrow. And hey, I gotta talk to you about something. What's the best way of contacting ya?

View Postchainedbyroses, on Feb 25 2010, 12:39 PM, said:

Hello! Ocarina of Time Link here. This sounds like it'd be fun. :)

Is this just for canon Zelda cosplay, or is modified wear okay too? Just asking since even if I bind down as far as I can, I'll still wind up a Busty Link & my tunic will make that fact apparent ^^;;;; My boots aren't 100% zelda-y, but other than that bit though I am sticking to canon OoT & even working on figuring out making a fun little Navi. This would be fine right? I've never done a meetup/shoot before so I have no idea what's okay & not, & I've heard of some that have had rules in the past elsewhere, so I thought I should just ask ^^;;

WOW I rambled, sorry about that XD; This does sound fun though, and those hours for garden/tree patch should be fine, I'd think :)

Hi there, always great to see new cosplayers of the Zelda series. The gathering is for anyone who wants to meet up with other cosplayers from the series; you don't have to be a cosplayer either to attend because it's totally open to anyone at the con. We get together to meet up with fellow fans, take pictures of outfits and props and groups, and pretty much have fun!
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#8 User is offline   Lady_Aeris 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 49299

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:16 PM

thanks im planning to be at the Zelda shoot to take pics we have to figure out how costumes are going to work cause i really want to bring my version of Aeris to the FF photoshoot but i really wanted to do my Fire Emblem Cosplay on Saturday only but i might have to do 2 costumes that day dont want to though cause im gonna be covered in body paint. but i might just do my Aeris on Friday and Sunday but im not sure how people are going to react to my Aeris...hehe i guess we will see.

PS plans began forming last night me and my friends are making a "Zelda" MOVIE!!! im so excited!!! pm me if u want details we are still looking for more Cast members
My Cosplay Page
My dA
ACen 2011 Schedule (subject to change)
Fri-Brier Rose---Disney's Sleeping Beauty---After 5pm Suicune--pokemon hoodie group
Sat-Princess Earth---Sailor Moon
Sun-Tonks ----harry potter
Sorry Guys LULU got bumped to next year my best friend cant be my Yuna and it wouldnt feel right doing lulu without her as my Yuna

#9 User is offline   bloodypirate 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:39 AM

View Postsimonsaz3, on Feb 26 2010, 02:02 PM, said:

Sweet! I'll send the gatherings submission form by tomorrow. And hey, I gotta talk to you about something. What's the best way of contacting ya?

Cool, you can note me on dA since I'm on that pretty frequently. I'm also on Facebook and IM a lot, so I can send you my info for those if you prefer that instead.

#10 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:00 PM

Quick update!
I talked to cactusmomma and she has us down for Friday from 1:30 to 2:30 at the tree patch. For those of us who can't make it to this one, she suggested a second meeting time on Saturday from 5pm till 5:30 at the tree patch. Let me know what you guys think of this.
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#11 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:31 AM

This gathering will be going into the programming book as:
Tree Patch, 1:30 on Friday (1 hour)
Tree Patch, 5:30 on Saturday

Here is a topic with the main schedule, as well as a link to a topic with pictures and maps to the gathering areas.
http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=33837

Any questions? Just pm me!

#12 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:39 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on Mar 1 2010, 05:31 AM, said:

This gathering will be going into the programming book as:
Tree Patch, 1:30 on Friday (1 hour)
Tree Patch, 5:30 on Saturday

Here is a topic with the main schedule, as well as a link to a topic with pictures and maps to the gathering areas.
http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=33837

Any questions? Just pm me!

Wow, did you stay up all night long posting these updates on every gathering thread? =O Also, the schedule says 5pm... pretty sure that's what you meant here. Thanks!

This post has been edited by simonsaz3: 01 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#13 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

Right, right.. 5. Haha.

And for the most part, yeah.. but I kind of live during this time about once a week, so it passed time~

#14 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:00 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on Mar 1 2010, 07:03 PM, said:

Right, right.. 5. Haha.

And for the most part, yeah.. but I kind of live during this time about once a week, so it passed time~

Mad props! I guess I sort of know what that feels like.
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#15 User is offline   Beserkiera 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 3482

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

Hello, hello!

It's that time of year when I creep back onto the fourms to bother ya'll!

I'll be cosplaying as True Midna all weekend and would love to join in on the photo shoot!

#16 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Hey, thanks for the post! Sorry for the delay... I'll update the list with your info!
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#17 User is offline   Reuss64 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19252

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

Hey all. I hope I'm not too late to join in on the fun. This year I've went with another 3rd person character, Guru-Guru, or the Windmill guy from OOT and MM. I'll have everything done by the con, and the intrument will be rigged up to play song of storms, just not too load for i wouldn't want to spoil the weather...The choices everybody made sound great, so I'll hope to see you all there. ^^
Also, is friday or saturday the bigger shoot? I have a Poke'mon costume I wanna wear for that shoot too. It's a generic fisherman trainer, so I'm hopping to have fun with that one too.

#18 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

View PostReuss64, on May 4 2010, 10:00 PM, said:

Hey all. I hope I'm not too late to join in on the fun. This year I've went with another 3rd person character, Guru-Guru, or the Windmill guy from OOT and MM. I'll have everything done by the con, and the intrument will be rigged up to play song of storms, just not too load for i wouldn't want to spoil the weather...The choices everybody made sound great, so I'll hope to see you all there. ^^
Also, is friday or saturday the bigger shoot? I have a Poke'mon costume I wanna wear for that shoot too. It's a generic fisherman trainer, so I'm hopping to have fun with that one too.

Hey, thanks for the post-- I'll update the list with your info. As for which photoshoot will be bigger, I can't say but I will tell you this: Friday is an hour long and Saturday is just 30 minutes.

Also, good luck to everyone with cosplay progress! Looking forward to seeing everyone at the photoshoot.
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

#19 User is offline   Grimmons 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18620

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:03 PM

Awesome! I'm so glad there will be one on Friday because I was Zombie, Dark Link last year and could only pose for the super smash brothers one because I do a different costume on Saturday. Score.
ACen 2014

Bilbo Baggins
Yu Yu Hakusho - Hiei
Wizard of Oz/Oz the Great and Powerful - Wicked Witch

#20 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:52 AM

Thanks to everyone who joined us at the photoshoots! It's always a pleasure to see fellow Zelda fans. A big thanks goes out to bloodypirate for taking charge-- you're awesome!
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users