Anime Central Forums: Old School Vs. New School - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Old School Vs. New School Your Opinion

Poll: Which is better? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you prefer old school or new school anime?

1. Old School ( 80's 90's Ect. ) (15 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. New School ( 2000+ ) (4 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Both are good (29 votes [60.42%])

Percentage of vote: 60.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 User is offline   Inuyasha_kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 20562

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

I really enjoy both, but I like old school better, because its what I grew up on of course being 25 years old.

My very first anime was Samurai pizza Cats (The dubbed version) Quite funny. Heard that the script got lost, and Saban made up stuff for the show for the dubbed part and I think that's what made it epic.

My all time favorite Anime Ranma 1/2. My sister showed this one to me and still today I love it!

old school anime I like:
Vampire princess Miyu
Devil Hunter Yohko
Dirty pair
Sailor Moon
Slayers
Tenchi
Cat girl Nuku Nuku
Hyper police
Ranma
Magic Knight Rayearth
Your Under Arrest
Gunsmith Cats
Samurai Pizza Cats

This is all I can remember right now... Both new school and old school have some awesome titles!
"Humans are more arrogant and greedy, then any other living creature, and I am part human to, which is why I refuse to give up. On top of that...when a human has someone he has to protect, his power grows exponentially...I have what it takes to destroy you...all thanks to my human mother!!"

#62 User is offline   fotaku07 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29213

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

I like a lot of the old school story lines. However, I can't bring myself to watch some of them now because of the animation.

If they re-animated Dominion Tank Police, Riding Bean, or the original Dirty Pair I would die of happiness.

This post has been edited by fotaku07: 27 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

#63 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 41763

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:23 PM

View Postfotaku07, on Apr 27 2010, 09:53 PM, said:

I like a lot of the old school story lines. However, I can't bring myself to watch some of them now because of the animation.

If they re-animated Dominion Tank Police, Riding Bean, or the original Dirty Pair I would die of happiness.

Aw come on! Old school hand drawn animation is totally awesome! has a feeling of personality to it rather than all clean cut and perfect. Also got to love the old inking mistakes you sometimes catch in certain scenes.

Yes CG animation is pretty, but it wasn't always so. -shudders at the memory of CG animation during the early 2000's-
The Oni of Taiyaki
Cosplays: ACen 2013
Persona: Pyro Jack

#64 User is offline   fotaku07 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29213

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:35 PM

View PostTaiyakiZero, on Apr 27 2010, 10:23 PM, said:

Aw come on! Old school hand drawn animation is totally awesome! has a feeling of personality to it rather than all clean cut and perfect. Also got to love the old inking mistakes you sometimes catch in certain scenes.

Yes CG animation is pretty, but it wasn't always so. -shudders at the memory of CG animation during the early 2000's-

Ok, ok.. I admit it. Some I do love the original animation and would never want changed. I guess I was just in a funk cause I tried watching MD Geist on Netflix and had to quit 10 minutes into it because of the animation.

I shudder with you at the memory of early CG animation. Even now some of is still pretty tacky.

Ya know, I just thought of something. With all the new stuff being done mostly on the computer there's barely any hand-painted Cells being sold of the new stuff. That's saddening that hardcore fans can't own a piece of a series like they use to.

#65 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

View Postfotaku07, on Apr 27 2010, 10:35 PM, said:

Ok, ok.. I admit it. Some I do love the original animation and would never want changed. I guess I was just in a funk cause I tried watching MD Geist on Netflix and had to quit 10 minutes into it because of the animation.

I shudder with you at the memory of early CG animation. Even now some of is still pretty tacky.

Ya know, I just thought of something. With all the new stuff being done mostly on the computer there's barely any hand-painted Cells being sold of the new stuff. That's saddening that hardcore fans can't own a piece of a series like they use to.

Indeed cells are no longer a commodity to be had with everything being done CG. Excel Saga has pointed this out in jokes before that there is a market for "fake" animation cels that are made of newer series that don't really have cels to begin with. I dunno how they've gone about stamping it out but you don't see them online very often.
The Oni of Taiyaki

#66 User is offline   Inuyasha_kun 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 20562

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

You know, I do know that the Anime Inuyasha is STILL Made with hand drawn! I know this for a fact! now some of it is CG, but its mostly hand drawn as well.
"Humans are more arrogant and greedy, then any other living creature, and I am part human to, which is why I refuse to give up. On top of that...when a human has someone he has to protect, his power grows exponentially...I have what it takes to destroy you...all thanks to my human mother!!"

#67 User is offline   TaiyakiOni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

I just came back from the Con and my favorite item I picked up was the complete anime collection of 3x3 Eyes. Yay old school!
The Oni of Taiyaki

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users