Anime Central Forums: What Happens If You Get Caught With More People In A Room Than Allowed? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What Happens If You Get Caught With More People In A Room Than Allowed?

#1 User is offline   Hellothere! 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 48312

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

Like say you have four people instead of six in a room that's max is four.

Anyways just wondering because I know one of my friends wants to get a group to do that, but I'm too paranoid and already got two rooms for my group XD

#2 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

I think you get booted from the hotel.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#3 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:02 PM

Max is four in the room that is allowed to sleep at night. I do not think they might if you have people dropping off stuff or hanging out as long as you are using inside voices and not using the room as a giant Tupperware container for storage.

If you are caught by hotel management doing otherwise, it is up to them what they do. I never heard of what hotels do in these situations but most likely either ask for the room to be reduced down to max allotted per room or they kindly ask you to leave.

#4 User is offline   sere 

• Guest Relations Dispatch
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11324

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

Think about the hotel staff's work situation--a weekend full of crazy, and often times drunk people, tainted by memories of people running around screaming, jumping (literally) on packed elevators and throwing drinks from the 10th floor. If you are polite and reasonable anybody in any job is more likely to respond reasonably as opposed to being a jerk, which at a certain point is bound to happen.

That being said, for the past three years my friends and I have gotten 8 keys for our room. Sometimes you'll get the crabby reception staffer, but more likely than not they understand. They aren't stupid about how many people cram into the hotel rooms.

Point is, no matter how many people you have in a room, if you give them reason to boot you they will not hesitate.
♪ Akino Arai Fangirl ♪
♥ Registration Staff 2009 Guest Relations 2010-2011 ♥
☆ Mommy to one ☆

#5 User is offline   Aonele 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 11231

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

Hmm, I've stayed at Hyatt for a conference, and I roomed with a bunch of people (there was a total of 5 of us) and the staff gave us 5 keys without any troubles. Just don't give them reasons to kick you out? :P
---Cosplay List 2012---
Will not be attending ;-;

#6 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

I'm on the boat of if you keep the group under control, nothing should happen. There is so much activity at acen that it's really hard to get in trouble for being two people over in your room.

Fine Print: I don't condone over-occupying a room.
~~

#7 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

Call the hotel and ask. :lol:
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#8 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on Jan 24 2010, 09:30 PM, said:

Call the hotel and ask. :lol:

That's such helpful information.

No, really it is. <_<
~~

#9 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

I work in a hotel. It's like the others have said: we know in a situation like that you're likely to cram a bunch of people in your room, but we can't do anything w/o evidence. If our housekeeping goes in a sees a crapton of bags and two air mattresses on the floor, we'll know what's up. If you ask for 6 keys and there are only two of your supposedly, we'll know what's up. They can charge you more money if you have extra people, but if you go over the max # of people as given by the fire marshal code, they can make you get another room or get out. I agree with the others: don't call attention to yourselves or give them a reason to boot you.

This post has been edited by tatterpillar: 24 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

#10 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:24 PM

FLY UNDER THE RADAR, SILENCE IS GOLDEN.....That is all.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#11 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

Nobody has EVER done that at ACen :rolleyes:

As long as you don't make too much noise & keep people awake (Does anybody actually sleep in the ACen room blocks :unsure: ) there's usually no trouble.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#12 User is offline   tfcreate 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 115

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

If you stay quiet and not be a bunch of loud drunk/high/idiot jerks, they generally look the other way. Piss them off (make noise and cause other guests to complain,) they'll do anything from charge you for the extra bodies to throw you out. Occupancy is determined by local safety codes, not just hotel policy. Any way it goes, if you screw up it will cost you.... one way or another.
Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

#13 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:14 AM

Oh yes, I have heard of people getting charged for extra occupancy. That is why I leave the do not disturb sign out. As for the poor staff, I come prepeared with trash bags. They don't complain much if it's already sacked & waiting for them, unless it's really heavy.
Currently writing a book.

#14 User is offline   Mock-Kappa 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3036
  • Location:A branch of the Miskatonic University in Sugar Grove, IL.

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:44 AM

I had a conversation like this when I was checking into Double Tree in 2008 .

Person behind the front desk: Ok, so we have you down for a non-smoking room for one.
Me: yes
Pbtfd: How many room keys will you need?
M: just one
Pbtfd: ( with a look) Ok, enjoy your stay.
M: (walking towards elevators) * Did I just pass a test or something?*

I think the person didn't believe that someone was staying for the convention by themselves.
I don't walk to the beat of a different drummer, I have a whole band including bagpipes.
Undisputed King of the ACen Kaiju Fans. Eater of Spam.
General of the Men's Pocky Garrison
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'. " -Dave Barry-
Santa is watching you.
Con outlook for 2014: Karoshi-con 2014, C2E2, ACen 2014, Anime Midwest 2014 (staff), G-Fest XXI, and Con Alt Delete?(staff)
ACen Cosplay outlook 14: Gummy The Alligator (MLP), End of Days Santa,Professor Birch (Pokemon), Woodney ( Black Cat).

#15 User is offline   Miikachu 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 15931

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:56 AM

We had eight people cramed into our room last year and didn't have any problems with the hotel at all. Just make sure you're not doing anything bad (i.e running around, loud noises, or jumping) or leave evidence behind showing that there are a lot of people in the room. (we were able to fit bags in a small places. We also packed light, but that's not a must.)
IRT Operative: Flapjack
2011 - Concenter Days
2012 - Concenter Days

[Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr]

#16 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:00 AM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on Jan 25 2010, 01:14 AM, said:

Oh yes, I have heard of people getting charged for extra occupancy. That is why I leave the do not disturb sign out. As for the poor staff, I come prepeared with trash bags. They don't complain much if it's already sacked & waiting for them, unless it's really heavy.

YES! Someone else like me!

You have no idea how happy the hotel cleaning staff are when they come to a room see the trash cans not overflowing with a huddle of cans and food wrappers and just a few garbage bags.

Just because we pay for the cleaning doesn't mean we always have to make it hard for them.

#17 User is offline   Shay 

• Pocky Girl
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8706

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

If you have more people than allowed by the hotel, they can kick your out.

If you're going to put more people into the hotel than they allow, DON'T ANNOUNCE IT ON THE FORUM. The hotels do sometimes read these, btw.

As a rule, be safe. Don't put more people in a room then your can safely move around if there was an emergency... hotels have occupancy restrictions for a reason. If you have too many people and too much luggage, it means that you might not have a clear & safe pathway through the room. I've been in some rooms where we have 3 people but 2 of them are cosplaying so the room is still horribly crowded with STUFF.

:P

#18 User is offline   Shay 

• Pocky Girl
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8706

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:38 AM

View PostKitsu-chan, on Jan 25 2010, 12:22 AM, said:

As long as you don't make too much noise & keep people awake (Does anybody actually sleep in the ACen room blocks :unsure: )

And yes, IRT sleeps. If you wake up IRT, be prepared for grumpy IRT knocking at your door... o_O

#19 User is offline   Tiamat97 

• Mr. Insanity
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17897

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

for the past few years ive had packed rooms with 6+ people, there was never any problem and if you dont want housekeeping to come in and clean just put the do not disturb sign in the card key slot when you leave the room
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1107...mp;id=586119408
My internship

Belongs in Damn Thread, if found please return to Kii
Spam Squad Member spam kill count:29 , Troll Hunter troll kill count: 1

#20 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:46 AM

View PostTiamat97, on Jan 25 2010, 11:45 AM, said:

for the past few years ive had packed rooms with 6+ people, there was never any problem and if you dont want housekeeping to come in and clean just put the do not disturb sign in the card key slot when you leave the room

Pssssst. You really shouldnt publicly say that....
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#21 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

Next person to say how many they stuffed in a room vs what they claimed to have when checking in
Gets a warning and I will shut the thread down

Why?

Because one, you are breaking the hotel policies that they have established to be the safe amount of people in a certain room, two you are literally putting a target mark on your forehead and three do you really think it's that smart to say something like that?

Listen to the people with the blue and red names next to their name and what department they are in when it comes to policies. We are here to answer these specific type of questions and try to look in your best AND safe interest.

If you are too shy to ask by making a topic PM ME, this is my job I am more willing to help you

Also I have seen IRT woken from their slumber, it's not pretty....

#22 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on Jan 25 2010, 12:14 PM, said:

Next person to say how many they stuffed in a room vs what they claimed to have when checking in
Gets a warning and I will shut the thread down

Why?

Because one, you are breaking the hotel policies that they have established to be the safe amount of people in a certain room, two you are literally putting a target mark on your forehead and three do you really think it's that smart to say something like that?

Listen to the people with the blue and red names next to their name and what department they are in when it comes to policies. We are here to answer these specific type of questions and try to look in your best AND safe interest.

If you are too shy to ask by making a topic PM ME, this is my job I am more willing to help you

Also I have seen IRT woken from their slumber, it's not pretty....

heh...I think that all of us staff trembles a little inside if an IRT member wakes up...XD

It's not fun for anyone involved.

If you're cramming more people in a room, good for you, don't announce it on the forums. Please note that the ACen staff does not condone this sort of behaviour or support it in any way. If hotel staff asks you to leave because you're found occupying the room with more people than what's allowed, then be prepared to suffer the consequences of your own actions. If you can't do the time, don't commit the crime.
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#23 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

I am just going to prevent anything else and....

CLOSE THIS THREAD

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users