Anime Central Forums: Payment Confirmations - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Payment Confirmations How will I know when you receive it?

#1 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Post icon  Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:36 AM

Well we have a few different ways we can go about doing it. It ultimately is up to you though.

1. You can wait until your studio name appears on the website (if no studio name was presented, the Artist's name would be presented unless otherwise stated). We are going to be working on getting Artist's onto the website for this year, and who isn't happy for some pre-con advertising :)
As an added bonus if you included a website or Deviant Art link with your application, we can hyperlink it from our website.

2. You can send an email request to my inbox. This will be something I will try and respond to as fast as I can, but I do get over 40 emails in my inbox each day (on average) so I might be a bit slow getting to it. Keep pestering me if you don't get an answer, it keeps the matter in the forefront of my attention. :)
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:34 PM

Our lovely Webmaster/Webmistress will be uploading a list of confirmed Studios on the website, in the next coming weeks. :)

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   BlackWaltzPinion 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18824

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:08 PM

Oh dear, I don't think I attached a website with our studio application. Where would I be able to submit that?

magefeathers of Cello Raptor Studios
Love thy plague.
2012 Cosplay = Flam
My DeviantArt

#4 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:53 AM

View PostBlackWaltzPinion, on Feb 2 2010, 09:08 PM, said:

Oh dear, I don't think I attached a website with our studio application. Where would I be able to submit that?

at this point you can send it to my artshow email account. but only the studio names are going up right now, since I don't have alot of DA or website sites that people use :(

#5 User is offline   Crizl 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 356

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

Just a quick question, any idea when the credit card payments will be placed? ^_^

#6 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

View PostCrizl, on Feb 4 2010, 07:20 PM, said:

Just a quick question, any idea when the credit card payments will be placed? ^_^

If you are in the last batch, which I think you might be (since I have processed all of the other ones so far) then hopefully tomorrow.
I stopped by the office the other day, and the Alley had more mail than vendors, reg, bills, etc... combined and I was like O_o . So I have a rather large pile to go through.

I know our wonderful webmistress is going to be updating studios who we received on the website, but it will not include this last wave. So no body panic just yet if you do not see your studio name up there right away. :)

#7 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

Studio list is up!
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#8 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:33 PM

Another batch will be going up at a later date.
I still have some of the last wave to go through, along with any late ones (due to post office mixups).
I will have it done, no later than this Friday.
If you want to check out the current list, it is located here. 'http://www.acen.org/node/134'

#9 User is offline   Ladre 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 34032

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:07 AM

Sweet! Always appreciate it when a con makes an effort to give the artists a little recognition. Would be even better if those of us with web sites could have our names on the list link to them =)

#10 User is offline   Crizl 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 356

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:18 AM

Sounds great, thank you! :D

#11 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

Ladre - we'd like to do that, just working out the best way to get the info from you guys and up on the site. ;)
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.

#12 User is offline   Ayu 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 36608

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:57 PM

I hope my studio's in the last batch, because I'm sure we send out payment before the deadline...

.... I see ramy.... and Sylvia Shi... Haha I bet it's gonna be a repeat of last year again with like 50 shiny tables. orz

This post has been edited by Ayu: 08 February 2010 - 02:01 PM

paprika carnival

#13 User is offline   Ladre 

• Pip

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

View PostAyu, on Feb 8 2010, 01:57 PM, said:

I hope my studio's in the last batch, because I'm sure we send out payment before the deadline...

.... I see ramy.... and Sylvia Shi... Haha I bet it's gonna be a repeat of last year again with like 50 shiny tables. orz

They are at EVERY freakin con nowadays, augh >< I'd be willing to forgive a few bad things but they have committed too many acts of pure evil for my taste.

#14 User is offline   Ayu 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 36608

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:27 PM

View PostLadre, on Feb 8 2010, 05:24 PM, said:

They are at EVERY freakin con nowadays, augh >< I'd be willing to forgive a few bad things but they have committed too many acts of pure evil for my taste.

I feel you... *clings*

I thought ACEN was banning them? Guess not. This really sucks, my first AA is gonna be horrible cause they'll attract everyone with their shiny.

maybe if we get enough artists in the AA to sign a petition we can perm ban them from ACEN.
paprika carnival

#15 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

While ACen does appreciate any concerns or comments regarding the Artist Alley and any other functions of the convention, I respectfully ask that you present any such feedback directly to the particular Department Head or to our feedback team (acenfeedback(AT)acen.org) so that the proper amount of internal attention can be allocated to the matter.

#16 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

View PostAyu, on Feb 8 2010, 05:27 PM, said:

I feel you... *clings*

I thought ACEN was banning them? Guess not. This really sucks, my first AA is gonna be horrible cause they'll attract everyone with their shiny.

maybe if we get enough artists in the AA to sign a petition we can perm ban them from ACEN.

This is just my two cents, so feel free to ignore it.

They are artists just like the rest of us. Regardless of whether we like their business practices, if they follow the rules they have a right to be there to. Don't get me wrong, I have my personal opinions but this isn't the place for it.

Devil's Advocacy aside, your art is very adorable. Just be outgoing, make people know you are there. Their art (and sales) have no power over YOUR art. It's like comparing apples and oranges. I am sure you will make plenty of sales. Don't let it get you down, ACEN is one of the BEST conventions out there. The % of amazing people FAAR outweighs the failboatery. I, for one, will be sure to stop by your table when I can escape mine <3

#17 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

I've been staring at this and don't get it...

What shiney object do people want to ban?
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#18 User is offline   Ladre 

• Pip

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

View PostManifested Dreams, on Feb 8 2010, 09:04 PM, said:

This is just my two cents, so feel free to ignore it.

They are artists just like the rest of us. Regardless of whether we like their business practices, if they follow the rules they have a right to be there to. Don't get me wrong, I have my personal opinions but this isn't the place for it.

Devil's Advocacy aside, your art is very adorable. Just be outgoing, make people know you are there. Their art (and sales) have no power over YOUR art. It's like comparing apples and oranges. I am sure you will make plenty of sales. Don't let it get you down, ACEN is one of the BEST conventions out there. The % of amazing people FAAR outweighs the failboatery. I, for one, will be sure to stop by your table when I can escape mine <3

I'm sure we all agree that as long as "they" follow the rules from here on out, they shouldn't be banned. (I put they in quotes because many people say that even though there are two people, the art is done by the same person, which is obviously a problem if both of them get a table at a con that only allows 1 table per person, or 2 tables each at a con that allows 2, such as Otakon, registration for which was today). If they are indeed 2 separate artists though, then yes they have the right to continue attending within the rules. But the fact remains that they got away with a huge violations and just-plain-wrong-ness in the past, so you can understand why some of us are highly suspicious and not incredibly eager to assume they have changed their ways, nor are we convinced that con staff will step up and do something about it if they do try something like that again.

#19 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:12 PM

Nevermind.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#20 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

Our wonderful web team, aka frzndaqiri, has updated the list of studios on the website.
If you do not see your name up there, please do not panic. I will check the office later this week and if the post office was lazy and took a while to get it to us, you will be fine :)
Shoot me an email if you checked the list, and you are not on there and you are worried.

#21 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:23 PM

I AM WORRIED.

I emailed you two weeks ago and again last night because I was told I would receive some paperwork at the end of January, and then I would be able to send you my payment. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen a payment deadline anywhere on the website, so I was waiting to be invoiced. One of my friends, who already received something and paid for her table, told me the deadline was yesterday.

So I come here to see what's up, and everyone's talking like it's all a done deal.

WHAT is going on?? Are you telling me I missed the payment deadline and now do not have a table? There's no way you can really do this to somebody...please tell me you haven't forgotten, and still have my whatever paperwork, and table.

Anybody else still waiting? It'll make me feel a hundred times better. He's been pretty good about making sure people get in and I don't think he'd forget about a handful of people so easily. If it's just me, on the other hand....
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKuliƩ in the artist alley!

#22 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:21 PM

View PostViz_K Prince, on Feb 11 2010, 02:23 PM, said:

I AM WORRIED.

I emailed you two weeks ago and again last night because I was told I would receive some paperwork at the end of January, and then I would be able to send you my payment. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen a payment deadline anywhere on the website, so I was waiting to be invoiced. One of my friends, who already received something and paid for her table, told me the deadline was yesterday.

So I come here to see what's up, and everyone's talking like it's all a done deal.

WHAT is going on?? Are you telling me I missed the payment deadline and now do not have a table? There's no way you can really do this to somebody...please tell me you haven't forgotten, and still have my whatever paperwork, and table.

Anybody else still waiting? It'll make me feel a hundred times better. He's been pretty good about making sure people get in and I don't think he'd forget about a handful of people so easily. If it's just me, on the other hand....

That was one of the deadlines, yes, but I wouldn't require it to stay like that for people who didn't get their forms yet.
You should have it now, and please let me know if it doesn't open.
To be honest, I didn't forget about you. I have had the worst luck with technology and alot of other things. I had forgotten to send out the payment forms to a couple of people because of the sickness I caught at Ohayo-con, snow issues, family issues, etc. It seems like when it rains it pours <_<
You can rest assured that I have beaten my computer into a submissive state, begged the weather deity to stop snowing, etc...

#23 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Feb 12 2010, 03:21 AM, said:

That was one of the deadlines, yes, but I wouldn't require it to stay like that for people who didn't get their forms yet.
You should have it now, and please let me know if it doesn't open.
To be honest, I didn't forget about you. I have had the worst luck with technology and alot of other things. I had forgotten to send out the payment forms to a couple of people because of the sickness I caught at Ohayo-con, snow issues, family issues, etc. It seems like when it rains it pours <_<
You can rest assured that I have beaten my computer into a submissive state, begged the weather deity to stop snowing, etc...

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I haven't checked anything yet, but thank you for responding. I could hug you ;o;

"When it rains in pours" -- INDEED. I so know what you mean.
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKuliƩ in the artist alley!

#24 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:43 PM

"when it snows, it blizzards" ? ;)

#25 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:17 PM

"When it blizzards, there's an earthquake."
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users