• This topic is locked

Quick Wig Question just a quickie

#1 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

Hi, sorry if this has been asked, but I'm cosplaying as Motoko Kusanagi and I don't know too much about wigs. I went to ebay and found a Motoko wig and it says its made of kanekalon fiber. Is this good, bad, and does the wig seem okay? I've never bought one before.
Here's the link to the webpage if this helps: Link

Thanks ^^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#2 User is offline   Sweet Sunshine 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19529

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

Bleh, they're lying, that's totally not kanekalon. D: I say keep looking, you can definitely do better than that, even if you have to buy a similar wig and trim it a bit.

#3 User is offline   R1KKu 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 601

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:36 AM

Yeah, that fiber is questionable, otherwise, it's a great style and color, but not for $48.

Also, most wigs from international sellers tend to run small.
I have zombies and I'm not afraid to use them!!

#4 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:19 AM

View PostSweet Sunshine, on Dec 29 2009, 10:54 PM, said:

Bleh, they're lying, that's totally not kanekalon. D: I say keep looking, you can definitely do better than that, even if you have to buy a similar wig and trim it a bit.

View PostR1KKu, on Dec 30 2009, 09:36 AM, said:

Yeah, that fiber is questionable, otherwise, it's a great style and color, but not for $48.

Also, most wigs from international sellers tend to run small.

Okay thank you both of you! Thanks for the help, if I didn't ask I maybe would have bought it. Does cosworx have quality wigs?
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#5 User is offline   R1KKu 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:52 PM

Yes, Cosworx does have quality wigs. I order from them all the time. They're shipping is relatively quick and they have great prices. They also have a wide range of colors and styles.

The only downside is that they tend to run out of certain wigs fairly quickly, so make sure you order well in advance.

Amphigory.com also has quality wigs.

#6 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:06 PM

You could possibly use this wig and just style it a bit.

Purple Wig

I'm not sure if it would be too short in the back and/or the color might be too bright, but it could work as an alternative. I buy most of my wigs from this seller and I highly recommend her. Her wigs are great quality and the prices are very pleasant. The store is based in China so it will take longer than cosworx and amphigory, but I usually get my wigs in 10-14 days. Though the wig I bought on the 21st [shipped on the 22nd] came in on Tuesday. I was shocked, but very happy. =)

I bought one wig from cosworx, the Linda XXL, and I hate it so much. Totally not worth the 51 bucks [that's with shipping]. So thick and hard to take care of because it gets frizzy a lot. It's also super thick and when I wear it, it goes everywhere. The one I just got Tuesday is a replacement wig for that one and it is perfect. Very soft and great quality and not super thick and is easy to take care of and cost me $29.99 with free shipping.

With Amphigory, I don't want to pay 7 bucks for shipping when I'm one state over. :\

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#7 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:04 PM

Still, I've ordered from amphigory as well, and the staff are really nice.

#8 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:00 PM

Hey thanks guys! That helped a lot. I appreciate it. is it primarily difficult to style a wig?

#9 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:01 PM

That depends on how much styling you want done. A part or two can be difficult on pre-parted or long wigs but is fairly simple on most wigs just by using a brush and a blow dryer on LOW

However to do something that might involve unmoving parts you'd need some product (bed head is what I think everyone uses) and patience.

All in all..i think its pretty simple unless you're trying to turn THIS into THIS (I'd leave a more experience hand at this because bangs from no bangs are HARD
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#10 User is offline   R1KKu 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on Jan 1 2010, 12:00 PM, said:

Hey thanks guys! That helped a lot. I appreciate it. is it primarily difficult to style a wig?

It depends on the style you're going for.

When I styled a Motoko wig, I did an angled cut. Started out with a long wig with bangs. I separated the hair in the front and sides from the back, and started trimming up the sides first. I layered the back too.

As a tip, dont use scissors to trim up a wig, but for cutting off some of the length. I use a razor comb to trim because it gives a more natural cut; using scissors leaves a blunt edge if you run it perpendicular to the fibers (unless that's what you want), which tends to look bad on wigs. You can snip the fibers vertically, but I find that it takes forever.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users