Kollisioncon 2010! November 12-14 @ the Hyatt, Schaumburg

#151 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:08 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 22 November 2010 - 06:53 PM, said:

What happened at Windy Con that could have caused something like this if you don't mind me asking?

I honestly don't know, but I was only told that it was pretty bad. I apologize that I don't know more. I didn't ask.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#152 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

No, no it's cool.

But shouldn't the hotel know what they are getting into when it comes to any convention, especially ones as active as anime/comic/sci-fi/etc? I mean I know there was a Furry con here in Illinois and the hotel told them not to come back. But I always think to myself "shouldn't the hotel sort of get an idea of what they are getting into, and also maybe look up what these conventions are like so they can properly prepare as in rules/certain staff working, etc?

I know its not acceptable to destroy the rooms and all, but I mean they should know what they are getting themselves into. Don't blame the congoers because they just want to have fun and act crazy and forget about the real world for a weekend.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#153 User is offline   Roark 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 11290

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 22 November 2010 - 08:35 PM, said:

Don't blame the congoers because they just want to have fun and act crazy and forget about the real world for a weekend.

So, if I'm at a con to let go and have fun, I shouldn't be held responsible for any of my actions? Awesome! I'll make sure to go as crazy as possible next time I'm at a con and not working.

In all seriousness, hotels do research events before letting them in the door. That doesn't always guarantee accurate information. Let's take this hypothetical furry con. Let's say they did research it, expected some weirdness and partying, but not a lot of issues. Come con time, those congoers are ultra destructive, disruptive to the hotel, scaring away other guests, etc. It's a simple math equation then.

Let X be margin generated by the convention, Y be the total cost in damages, repairs, cleaning, lost rooms, and Z be margin from the next highest grossing event. If Y >= X OR if Z-X > X-Y, you don't hold the event.

It's all about incentives and opportunity costs. Businesses want to maximize profit while minimizing resources spent. That's micro 101.

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users