Who Wants Free Breakfast? :3

#1 User is offline   Kagayaki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19711

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:54 AM

***EDIT: I'm looking for ONE more person! Please PM me if you wish.***

Ok, everyone, disregard this post. I've got a room for 4 nights (Thursday trhough Monday) at the Embassy. I'm going to need 3 other people if one of my friends can't come to Acen. I decided to cancel my reservation at the other hotel and book a room at the Embassy, which is thankfully right across the street from the convention center and not too far from the Hyatt. Might be more expensive, but at least I don't have to drive everywhere. There's 1 king bed, a sofa bed. You'll probably have to bring a sleeping bag, since they told me I can't have a rollaway. But, if you're comfortable sleeping next to someone else... ^^;

So, you can learn all about me and what kind of person I'm looking for by reading this post. Yes, the same post I told you to disregard. TL;DR: 19 or 21 and over--preferably college/first job-aged, female (or non-pervy guy), non-partier, non-or-social drinker, non-smoker, hygenic, and non-perfume-addicted preferred. Pets are allowed in the hotel, but you will have to pay a $100 sanitation fee upfront. I have no pets, but I'd just thought I'd mention it.

There is a free, cooked-to-order or on-the-go breakfast between 6am and 9am on weekdays and 7am to 10 am on weekends as well as a daily manager's reception (free booze) between 5:30pm and 7pm.There is a fridge and a microwave in the room, so I will try to bring food and snacks like ramen and pocky and even some 'sick' foods like gatorade or chicken soup in case you get food poisoning or the con plague. You are also welcome to bring your own food, but label them if you don't feel like sharing. If you have any allergies or foods that you really, really dislike, please let me know ahead of time. I will be more than willing to accommodate any needs you may have.

Rules:
-As I've stated before, no smoking. Obviously, the hotel has a non-smoking policy.
-Please clean up after yourself. I'm a very messy person, but I don't want the hotel to know that.
-Please label your food, toiletries, or any other personal items; or keep them with your luggage. I'm not responsible for anyone else's lost or stolen items.
-No bringing anyone under 19. I've told the hotel there would be 4 adults and I don't want them to hate me.
-While personal hygeine is HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED AND ENCOURAGED, please keep in mind that there will only be one bathroom. With extra towels. But still only one bathroom.
-In case of guests under 21, there will be no alcohol in the room. No drinking if you are under 21.
-No hair dye. NO HAIR DYE. ABSOLUTELY NO HAIR DYE.
-You are free to stay at the con as long as you want or branch out where you want. But if there is a major emergency, I'll have to keep track of everyone else so that not more than one person is hurt. If you'd like to just go back to the hotel early, that's fine. Just call ahead.
-By agreeing to room with me, you also agree to pay upfront, in full. Or pay in advance using PayPal.
-I am willing to carpool between the hotel and to the nearby restaurants, but that's it. I have a pretty bad sense of direction and a foul mouth... Plus, parking spaces over there are like virginity. Once you give it up, you can't get it back.
-By brining a pet with you, you agree to let me know well in advance, pay for sanitation at the front desk, and bring any supplies to keep it healthy and happy. You cannot bring pets if there is one person in the group with allergies.
-Sunday will be a packing/study/crash day for most, so please respect those who want to keep it quiet.
-As for room service, it's okay, as long as you pay me back for it.
-And probably the most important rule, be nice to each other. We're all supposed to have fun.

So, I apparently lucked out and got the con rate. But...only for two days--Thursday and Sunday. I have to pay in full on Friday and Saturday. But then, some OTHER guy said it was $149 a night, for all four nights... So, it came out to 673.48 USD on the website, but plan on paying $741.28. No, not by yourself. Divided by four people, it's a total of $160 to $185.32. That's a bit of a relief, isn't it?

If you can, please use PayPal beforehand. I'll PM you my email address. You can send it piece by piece, if you want. But you absolutely must be committed to this deal if you do pay in full in advance (I mean, this is big money...). If you can't use PayPal, then you can bring the cash with you on the day you arrive. But, even if you're leaving early or arriving late, I'm still going to ask for the full payment. I'm not a nazi, there are just these evil rules. And even though I'm making a little more money, I'm still nervous about being everyone's landlord. ^^;

If you're interested, PM me and introduce yourself. Happy hunting!

This post has been edited by Kagayaki: 10 May 2010 - 02:22 AM

#2 User is offline   Kagayaki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

Really sorry about bumping, but I just thought I'd give some more information, which is kind of important.

#3 User is offline   Kefka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 45051

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:28 PM

View PostKagayaki, on Jan 6 2010, 02:18 AM, said:

Really sorry about bumping, but I just thought I'd give some more information, which is kind of important.

I would be interested. This is my forum post.
http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=34571

Couple of notes, I know I sounded a little insistant on beds- but I realized after posting that I can sneak in an air- mattress
I have for camping if I need to sleep on the floor. They inflate and are packable. :D

I can contain all alcoholism to the hotel bar or places within walking distance.

#4 User is offline   Kagayaki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

View PostKefka, on Jan 7 2010, 07:28 PM, said:

I would be interested. This is my forum post.
http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=34571

Couple of notes, I know I sounded a little insistant on beds- but I realized after posting that I can sneak in an air- mattress
I have for camping if I need to sleep on the floor. They inflate and are packable. :D

I can contain all alcoholism to the hotel bar or places within walking distance.
That's okay, there is a sofa bed. And we could take turns sharing the king bed or give it to someone who really needs it.

And you are going to love the managers reception. I heard the bars around the hotels are, well...I dunno.

#5 User is offline   Kefka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:33 PM

View PostKagayaki, on Jan 10 2010, 11:26 PM, said:

That's okay, there is a sofa bed. And we could take turns sharing the king bed or give it to someone who really needs it.

And you are going to love the managers reception. I heard the bars around the hotels are, well...I dunno.

Honestly, I have no idea. This is my first year, and I'm a little clueless.
Oh, I added me AIM/YIM to my profile page, so if you want, send an IM my way and we'll chat :D

#6 User is offline   Kagayaki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

Ok, that's good. I looked at the reviews of the places on Google, and they weren't that great. The regular restaurants, though, wewre ok. Which reminds me, we could have a day or two where we all order for delivery.

#7 User is offline   Kefka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

View PostKagayaki, on Jan 18 2010, 04:38 PM, said:

Ok, that's good. I looked at the reviews of the places on Google, and they weren't that great. The regular restaurants, though, wewre ok. Which reminds me, we could have a day or two where we all order for delivery.

Whatever works for me, I'm not picky :)

#8 User is offline   Sticks_1138 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 48717

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:23 AM

I was "this" close to not going to Anime Central this year cause I didn't have enough money for a room on my own! But now that I found this link, maybe I can make it after all! Now then onto my statistics for approval:

My name is Nathan James Wood (age 22) and I am going to be cosplaying but as a character from my favorite game Left 4 Dead 2. I do not smoke or drink and I have plenty of money available for food and transport in getting to the convention (by train...will be arriving on Thursday, day before the con.) and if it is required that I must sleep on the ground I have no problem bringing a sleeping bag. I am very courteous and respect my neighbors and I am willing to pay the cost for my part of the room early on Thursday when I arrive! If you have any other questions by all means feel free to ask! I can also be reached over Facebook by looking up the name "Nathan J. Wood" and I should be near the top...I am the one with red hair holding a book as if in an advertising poster to support reading. I do hope this fits the bill for a roommate and I hope to hear from you soon! ^_^
"I can't complain...I mean I could...but I'm not going to!" ~personal quote

#9 User is offline   Kagayaki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

There is ONE more opening! PM me for details, and you will receive an email from me!

Or email me at blub3rryp13(at)gmail(dot)com.

#10 User is offline   Kagayaki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

As a reminder, I have stocked up on some food so if you're not bringing any, don't worry. And there are two beds and I'm bringing a sleeping bag. Also, I won't be able to bring my car this time, so I can't drive anywhere.

This post has been edited by Kagayaki: 10 May 2010 - 02:23 AM

#11 User is offline   Kefka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

*bumps thread* Are we still looking, Kagayaki?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users