• This topic is locked

A Resident Evil 2 Psn Review Rated M

#1 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

Ok, so I feel a ranting review coming on since I feel gipped not only out of my money, but also out of a great classic which has been butchered. Resident Evil 2 is available on the Playstation Network for 9.99, now...I thought to myself...Hey! Alright! A chance to relive one of my favorite survival games of all time! Whipped out my debit card and bought it without a second thought. Excitedly I turned the game on to see "Dualshock version" "Ok" I thought to myself...This can't be that bad, must mean like Director's Cut for the first...Little did I know the game I remembered fondly for being challenging would come crashing down as an insulting, laughing, disgustingly simple pile of crap. First off...I don't recall Leon EVER starting off with a Submachine gun with UNLIMITED ammo....I remember a handgun loaded with 15 bullets, a knife, and a first aid spray. Guess what? No knife, no handgun. "Maybe they're in the box" I race to the police station in HOPES that the gun and knife were stashed in the box....Nope, what do I see instead? A gatling gun with unlimited shots as well as a rocket launcher with unlimited shots...FIVE bottles of first aid spray and 200 handgun rounds, but no handgun? Who the hell programmed this remake? Seriously? I wanna know because this is SERIOUSLY insulting...I wanted my old time RE2 where I had problems making it through because of ammo conservation. Oh! Another thing that bugs me! You don't get to choose if you want to start as Leon or Claire, you HAVE to start with Leon! Isn't that just lovely?! Let's not forget how simple the game is, the zombies are MEGA slow, die quickly, and barely hurt you....I had to let zombies munch on me not 2...not 3...but FOUR times to drop me to caution...Now, I just want to say...If you're planning to download this, don't you'll be sorely disappointed like I was...I need to purchase the original game discs from somewhere and trash this download which I wasted ten bucks on...Way to go Capcom...Way to go...You've shown me that I can't trust your remakes and that you've basically spit on the fans who LIKE a challenge and a struggle to survive.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#2 User is offline   GiveUpTheGhost 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3441

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:05 AM

I think the trick is not playing it on easy where all of that comes standard. The dualshock version was a directors cut but all of the modes do not include that stuff, or you choose dual shock mode.

All RE experts know you run past most of the zombie anyways :). My friend and I could beat a full playthrough of RE2 in 55 minutes or less with very enemies killed.

of course this could be a quick trashy remake, but the original dual shock version of re2 was fine.
My barren plan to be a better man
Rots in abandoned fields
These idle hands inherit spoiled lands
As the hungry become the pigs
We reap (and) we sow
We mourn who we were
Love what we lost

#3 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

This isn't the original Dual Shock version, I used to have that, this is just a stupid rehash which I think they didn't properly overlook, I didn't choose to play it on easy either thus why this review happened. I shudder to see what it looks like on "Rookie".

#4 User is offline   GiveUpTheGhost 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3441

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:09 AM

Rookie was the original difficulty that would give you all of those goodies in RE2
My barren plan to be a better man
Rots in abandoned fields
These idle hands inherit spoiled lands
As the hungry become the pigs
We reap (and) we sow
We mourn who we were
Love what we lost

#5 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:10 AM

Right, that being said with this on "Normal" and no Pro difficulty available to me...I'm wondering just what they'd give for Rookie....I'm just mad they didn't leave the game alone and just insta-port it like they did with Director's Cut.

#6 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:11 AM

I guess I wouldn't be overly surprised if they redid it like this. I mean the RE series has moved away from survival horror into run and gun. So they figure they don't want to disappoint all these fans who loved 4 and 5 and wanted to check out the old games. I don't agree with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if thats how that went down.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#7 User is offline   mattheinsane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 28503

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:29 AM

Wow, this stinks. I was really planning on downloading this but after I read that I'm not sure I want to anymore. That takes any kind of challenge out of the game completely. I was considering downloading Dino Crisis too. I hope they didn't mess with that one as well.
Little Maid Corps

#8 User is offline   CurseOfTheLeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29781

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:09 AM

Im really sad they did that. Really glad I bought I copy of the original a few years back. Resi2 was the one that got me into the series.
I will be was an absolutely enchanting totally ordinary Persona 4 protagonist gas station attendant.

#9 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 03 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

Wanna make this into paragraphs? I don't like reading a wall o' text. ><
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#10 User is offline   akiba64 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19610

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:51 PM

View PostHaruHE, on Dec 2 2009, 11:37 PM, said:

Ok, so I feel a ranting review coming on since I feel gipped not only out of my money, but also out of a great classic which has been butchered. Resident Evil 2 is available on the Playstation Network for 9.99, now...I thought to myself...Hey! Alright! A chance to relive one of my favorite survival games of all time! Whipped out my debit card and bought it without a second thought. Excitedly I turned the game on to see "Dualshock version" "Ok" I thought to myself...This can't be that bad, must mean like Director's Cut for the first...Little did I know the game I remembered fondly for being challenging would come crashing down as an insulting, laughing, disgustingly simple pile of crap. First off...I don't recall Leon EVER starting off with a Submachine gun with UNLIMITED ammo....I remember a handgun loaded with 15 bullets, a knife, and a first aid spray. Guess what? No knife, no handgun. "Maybe they're in the box" I race to the police station in HOPES that the gun and knife were stashed in the box....Nope, what do I see instead? A gatling gun with unlimited shots as well as a rocket launcher with unlimited shots...FIVE bottles of first aid spray and 200 handgun rounds, but no handgun? Who the hell programmed this remake? Seriously? I wanna know because this is SERIOUSLY insulting...I wanted my old time RE2 where I had problems making it through because of ammo conservation. Oh! Another thing that bugs me! You don't get to choose if you want to start as Leon or Claire, you HAVE to start with Leon! Isn't that just lovely?! Let's not forget how simple the game is, the zombies are MEGA slow, die quickly, and barely hurt you....I had to let zombies munch on me not 2...not 3...but FOUR times to drop me to caution...Now, I just want to say...If you're planning to download this, don't you'll be sorely disappointed like I was...I need to purchase the original game discs from somewhere and trash this download which I wasted ten bucks on...Way to go Capcom...Way to go...You've shown me that I can't trust your remakes and that you've basically spit on the fans who LIKE a challenge and a struggle to survive.

The wall of text is tres' sexy!

But do not peril! There is always the original PS version to fall back on! You still have the PS version, right?
In the future, robots will play games for us.Member of the Cat-boy alliance =3My (outdated) Cosplay.com profileOblivious to dramaAcen '11 Cosplays:
Lord Ilpalazzo (Excel Saga) 0% Masq. Walk-on
Polygon Cloud (Final Fantasy VII) for the FF shoot

#11 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:22 PM

I do not have the original discs, and TL;DR? "Game sucks, don't download."

#12 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29758

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

View PostHaruHE, on Dec 2 2009, 11:37 PM, said:

woah woah woah, You obviously havent analyzed the data within the game. You can switch discs in the game to play as either Claire or Leon. which i started with Claire. And if you pick the Arranged version then the only mode is rookie mode which is just easy pie for newcomers. The main reason that Dual Shock version is greater than the original is because of its Extreme Mode (Mercernaries) Other than that just load up original an revisit your memories, thats what i did. You can unlock Extreme mode by beating both scenerios.

Every Copy in the PSN network is the original copy of "That" game no alteration. The only thing i recommend not doing is playing PS games on HD since it makes it looks ugly. SD makes it look pretty with the PS3 engine.

Also 10 bucks? Its displayed for 5.99. The Very First Resident Evil Directors Cut is 10 dollars which is worth getting also imo if you don't have all your original copies of the games.

This post has been edited by Ein: 03 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

PSN Account- Eingau Please Go on and add me, i would gladly accept.

#13 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:35 PM

I got the game before when it was still 10 bucks, and after emailing a techie about it, I got a response this morning telling me I got a dud download, so they credited me a new download for the game and sure enough the original WAS available to me. Before when I downloaded the game nothing was on it BUT arrange mode with "Original game" botched out. So I suppose 'twas a mistake of mine, carry on.

#14 User is offline   akiba64 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19610

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

Aw, well at least they weren't pricks about it. Glad you finally got what you paid for.
In the future, robots will play games for us.Member of the Cat-boy alliance =3My (outdated) Cosplay.com profileOblivious to dramaAcen '11 Cosplays:
Lord Ilpalazzo (Excel Saga) 0% Masq. Walk-on
Polygon Cloud (Final Fantasy VII) for the FF shoot

#15 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

Indeed my friend, indeed.

#16 User is offline   mattheinsane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 28503

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

So what you're saying is the game is actually fine then? If that's true then I probably will go ahead and download it.
Little Maid Corps

#17 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

Yeah, it's fine to download lol, go for it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users