Anime Central Forums: Artist Alley: - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Artist Alley: What would you like to see?

#1 User is offline   Claire 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17367

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

What characters & series are people interested in nowadays? :3
& what kind of things like bookmarks, pins, etc do you like?

dA
Needs more work, I know. @ @;
Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   Rawk z3r0 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 15588

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

DIGIMON!!!!!!

Hetalia!

Soul Eater!

DOGS!

Black Butler seems to be popular as well!

DIGIMOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!

#3 User is offline   Claire 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17367

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

View PostRawk z3r0, on Nov 14 2009, 04:02 PM, said:

DIGIMON!!!!!!

Hetalia!

Soul Eater!

DOGS!

Black Butler seems to be popular as well!

DIGIMOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness. xD Thank you! That helps.
dA
Needs more work, I know. @ @;
Any suggestions?

#4 User is offline   Ayu 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 36608

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

I think... maybe like Gurren Lagann and K-on? I did those... along with Vocaloid and something not many people knows about, Touhou <3
paprika carnival

#5 User is offline   Ladre 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 34032

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:53 AM

Blah, I'm so sick of Hetalia lol. I personally would love to see more K-ON! as well, or other bishoujo anime like Clannad or Kannagi <3. And I was wondering if Touhou would ever catch on with American anime fans; It's so indescribably huge in Japan, along with Vocaloid. The percentage of doujin works at Comicket that are either Touhou or Vocaloid is massive. Personally though I'm glad Americans seem to have varied interests, though sometimes everyone latches onto the same thing and it gets old fast (Bleach, KH, Hetalia, oi >> ) The K-ON stuff I've done hasn't done too well but the people who recognize it are like OMG I <3 YOU :rolleyes:

This will be the farthest I've ever tripped for a con. I'm interested to see how customers' tastes differ up there from what people like down here where I live.

This post has been edited by Ladre: 25 November 2009 - 12:57 AM

#6 User is offline   Ayu 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 36608

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:02 PM

View PostLadre, on Nov 25 2009, 01:53 AM, said:

Blah, I'm so sick of Hetalia lol. I personally would love to see more K-ON! as well, or other bishoujo anime like Clannad or Kannagi <3. And I was wondering if Touhou would ever catch on with American anime fans; It's so indescribably huge in Japan, along with Vocaloid. The percentage of doujin works at Comicket that are either Touhou or Vocaloid is massive. Personally though I'm glad Americans seem to have varied interests, though sometimes everyone latches onto the same thing and it gets old fast (Bleach, KH, Hetalia, oi >> ) The K-ON stuff I've done hasn't done too well but the people who recognize it are like OMG I <3 YOU :rolleyes:

This will be the farthest I've ever tripped for a con. I'm interested to see how customers' tastes differ up there from what people like down here where I live.

It's sad most American fans don't know a lot of the popular stuff in japan... it's hard to tell since I mostly check Japan related sites and go on pixiv, so I don't care much for what many American fans like... really old series... I guess those who will like our prints are the real, hardcore, smart fans xD

Touhou is so big it's not even funny. Number one series tag on pixiv and danbooru... after that it's hetalia and then vocaloid.
paprika carnival

#7 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:16 PM

i would say Soul Eater and maybe some Persona any series would be cool, the one thing that i am looking for are stickers that i can put on my car laptop things like that, do not know how hard these are to make and buy but i would be happy to find any Persona items
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#8 User is offline   jhim43 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 252

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

I think the question you mean to ask is "what would people be willing to buy, and for what"

While asking is a good way to test the air, the winds may change right before the convention. People may scoot over to something new they've seen on Crunchy Roll, and suddenly, they are all about that instead.

#9 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

View Postjhim43, on Dec 20 2009, 05:46 AM, said:

I think the question you mean to ask is "what would people be willing to buy, and for what"

While asking is a good way to test the air, the winds may change right before the convention. People may scoot over to something new they've seen on Crunchy Roll, and suddenly, they are all about that instead.

Makes sense. You never know what'll take off, so you have to keep watching blogs, wikis, etc. For instance, even though titles in Weekly Shounen Jump tend to be hits, there's no way to guarantee fans will care about them.

Now as for me, I know I don't represent every fan. But here's some series I would like to see art based on in Artist Alley:

- Detroit Metal City. It's ridiculous, offensive, and GAR. Three traits which I admire. The original manga has been licensed, but I don't expect to see any official DMC stuff in the dealers room.

- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Again, the manga is officially in English, but I don't know if there are actual licensed products yet.

- Black Lagoon. Okay, maybe there's some official merchandise for this show, but...

- Yotsuba&! See my comments above.

- Hikaru no Go. I still love this series, even five or six years after discovering it. It's very underrated.

- Vocaloid. Thanks for mentioning this, Ladre. My interest in Vocaloid began with listening to RetroforceGo, and continued when the Tomopop podcast started.

- Franken Fran. This series is not licensed, but it's starting to attract a few fans. (One person cosplayed Fran last year, and I completely missed seeing that person!)

- Zettai Karen Children. There's a small contingent of fans for this silly action/moe series, which may or may not ever get licensed.

- Super Dreadnought Girl 4946. It's a relatively new series, but fans are noticing it. There's already a "Please license..." article on Japanator for this manga.

#10 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

View Postdorkatlarge, on Feb 15 2010, 08:49 PM, said:

- Hikaru no Go. I still love this series, even five or six years after discovering it. It's very underrated.

Ditto! I'd love to see more HnG fanart/crafts, and I love that I wasn't the first to mention it, lol.

Some Baccano!, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Last Exile, Kekkaishi, and Bakuman would be nice, too. Hard to find stuff for most of those, though I guess I'm not surprised.
Cosplay 2013:
Friday: Tsubaki (Sket Dance)
Saturday: Prince Alexander (King's Quest VI)
Sunday: uh, TMNT geek, lol

See you in the Alley! ^_^
Tenkuu no Chibi

#11 User is offline   AgentHazel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 47545

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

Pins are always awesome :) especially when priced at a 3 for $5 deal!
I also like fancy prints of pretty pretty pictures. I'd go about $15 max for a normal size print.
It's also good just to be surprised with fun crafts. I'm really happy to see the crazies with the foam faces, pixel art, or pipe cleaner characters!

Some series I'd like to see are
-Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood)
-Cowboy Bebop
-Soul Eater
-AIR
-Dragonball/Z
-Tales series stuff (Symphonia, Abyss)
-Haruhi Suzumiya
-Batman (I know it's not Japanese, but I <3 people who do that stuff also!)
-Metal Gear Solid

This post has been edited by AgentHazel: 18 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

#12 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

Sgt. Frog please!
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#13 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

I'm always on the lookout for stuff with the series I like: Gintama, Ghost Hunt, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, and Sailor Moon. :)

Ghost Hunt and Gintama especially are tough to find stuff from.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#14 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:21 AM

Hats & plushies. Some series they don't make all the character hat from, some series they never make plushies for at all. Basicly,I'd like to see some home made hats & plushies that you won't find. I think the Mario mushroom hats are a perfic example. I love them, there warm, every one knows what it's from, but they are not manifactured, maybe that is why some one stolle my get bigger one, well I still have my 1up hat though.
Currently writing a book.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users